The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Has anyone else encountered something like this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone else encountered something like this?

Post by Knitted on 10.03.15 0:20

Hi, until tonight I had a Facebook account. It's been suspended on account it being reported that I was using a 'fake name' and/or using 'hate speech'.

My FB account was terribly innocuous. I have only ever had a maximum of seven 'friends'. These are my closest family and my closest friends. I rarely post anything, I never 'like' anything, and was only a member of one FB group.... That was the CMoMM Group.

I've had the account a while. Tonight my mum called to say I'd disappeared. I logged on to find I have been suspended following a report. The only way I can be reactivated is to provide 'Government ID', (Seriously!!!... Photo ID!!!... See the screenshot below!!)

Now... I perhaps post two dozen things to my timeline in a year, (mainly the usual inane family drivel). Yes, my FB account used a 'fake' name, but the point is that I've never used my 'real' name online for anything. I know my family wouldn't 'report' me and I know my closest friends wouldn't 'report' me, (indeed they call me by my FB nickname!). Considering the myriad of languages and names across the world I'd be very surprised if a FB system could have trawled all the millions of user names and identified my name as a 'fake', (Yes, in English it was odd and comical... but not necessarily in other languages). So that makes me lean towards thinking someone did indeed report it... but who?

In the last two months I'd probably commented on a couple of friends' photos and uploaded one of my own photos. Then yesterday I posted on my FB wall (or is it a 'timeline'... I don't know the difference!) the link to Richard Hall's 'Buried by Mainstream Media' documentary on YouTube (and also a link to 'The Four Horseman'... a great video about banking and the need for societal change)....and then today...BAM! 'Suspended' until I provide Government photo ID!!!

I am (now 'was'!) a member of just one Facebook group: The CMoMM group. I've only posted a few supporting comments in threads. However, all I can imagine is that a pro-McCann has seen my evident 'Fake name' and taken the opportunity to report me, (n.b. I've never, ever, used my Facebook for any other groups or forums). I guess one less Facebook account supporting justice for those that killed Madeleine and orchestrated the charade of the 'abduction' is a very small 'victory' and justifies the energy they spend on defending the indefensible.  (n.b. I trust it was a petty shill that reported me... Automated systems trawling names that 'may' be iffy and suspending them without any prior warning seems like a potential PR disaster for FB, and thus unlikely).

Anyway... I'll be creating a new FB profile soon and will be re-joining the CMoMM Facebook page...and, yes, I know I was suspended on the technicality of having a 'fake name' so no one else with a 'normal' name need worry!!! But... I wondered the following...Has anyone else had any similar experience?...If so might it be a move towards suppressing anonymity (& thus free discussion) on sensitive subjects of interest to the 'Establishment'? *makes note to wrap head in tin foil*... and on a personal note, has anyone ever heard of anyone only having the  'you need to provide Government ID' option available to reactivate their account before?

n.b. The URL requesting my ID is a genuine FB one, (See below). I used to work in IT and it's not a phishing scam with someone trying to get personal details... it's genuinely FB wanting me to upload to them my Photo ID.  There are other 'contact' links, but all are 'greyed out' and so only the 'Government ID' page opens for me.
Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone else encountered something like this?

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.03.15 0:42

@Knitted wrote:In the last two months I'd probably commented on a couple of friends' photos and uploaded one of my own photos. Then yesterday I posted on my FB wall the link to Richard Hall's 'Buried by Mainstream Media' documentary on YouTube...and then today...BAM! 'Suspended' until I provide Government photo ID!!!

I am (now 'was'!) a member of just one Facebook group: The CMoMM group. I've only posted a few supporting comments in threads. However, all I can imagine is that a pro-McCann has seen my evident 'Fake name' and taken the opportunity to report me...
Who else would have a motive for reporting you?

The McCanns have eyes and ears everywhere, and I don't think they like Richard's documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjPcvmVzUo
Posted by Morph314 on 13 Aug 2014
Over 70,000 views to date

Plus 250,000 more views of the other 25 YouTube uploads of his film

Plus hundreds of thousands more who have viewed the film via his website

And hundreds who have bought the DVD set and are showing the film to their friends and relatives  

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 10.03.15 0:56

Indeed!! By me not using an obviously 'real' name meant it was just a simple formality to 'click' and report me and get my account suspended. What is 'odd' is what I have to do to get it reactivated! (Photo ID???)

... I'm already a bit of a broken record on the topic, but this reinforces why it's so, so, important to wake as many people up as to what really goes on in this society, where justice can so easily be suppressed if the price is right, or if you have the right 'contacts'.
Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.03.15 1:13

@Knitted wrote:Indeed!! By me not using an obviously 'real' name meant it was just a simple formality to 'click' and report me and get my account suspended. What is 'odd' is what I have to do to get it reactivated! (Photo ID???)

... I'm already a bit of a broken record on the topic, but this reinforces why it's so, so, important to wake as many people up as to what really goes on in this society, where justice can so easily be suppressed if the price is right, or if you have the right 'contacts'.
Can't disagree with any of that.

But get your ID card off to Facebook pronto, and get yourself back on there ASAP

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on 10.03.15 9:21

I've been reported a couple of times and had accounts whooshed.   It's par for the course I'm afraid.   As soon as the 'pro's' get wind that you are using a fake (sock) account, they will report you and your account immediately gets whooshed.

What is odd is that many pro's use 'sock' fake accounts and despite numerous reports by various people, their accounts never get whooshed by facebook.
inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by String on 10.03.15 9:59

It happens all of the time! Methods used are:

"First, it’s helpful to discuss how fake names are flagged by Facebook’s internal systems. There are several methods by which a name might send up red flags:

• Automated systems: Facebook has systems that crawl profiles, looking for fake names. While we don’t know exactly what criteria they search for, something is looking. These computers likely catch many spammers and bot accounts that follow easily-defined patterns.
  • User reports: Any user can flag another account as using a fake name. While this may not result in an immediate deactivation, it’s at least reviewed by the last method of finding fake names.
  • Facebook investigators: While this is likely a second-tier system designed to review the red flags from the previous two methods, an employee at Facebook can look at a profile, mark it as using a fake name, and have it pulled."

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/09/how-to-use-a-fake-name-on-facebook-without-getting-flagged/
String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 10.03.15 13:52

Thanks for the comments, and to 'String' for the info.  Since I had a mundane, quite ordinary...some might say 'dull'... FB history I can't see how I'd have been picked up by a system that trawled user accounts looking for 'irregular' patterns of activity. So I guess I did just get flagged by someone who spotted an obvious 'fake' name, (the surname was legit...just the first name).  Well, it seems to happen quite a bit. 

n.b. I've now got a new FB account and have picked a random, perfectly normal, user name so hopefully that'll not give anyone cause for concern!  I don't use my own name for two reasons: Simple online security... and also because I run my own online business and there are (as we know!) some nasty pieces of work out there!!
Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LG on 10.03.15 14:40

Knitted, I'm sorry that you have experienced this.  Many of us have had our FB accounts reported for one reason or another.  I can confirm that they do require photographic ID to reinstate the account. There are certain FB "members" who take great delight in reporting accounts as "fake ID's" or "Spam accounts". Only today a FB friend had to jump through those hoops to reinstate her account. They trawl the open "anti" McCann groups. The irony is that the likes of PG et al have multiple accounts!  Heather Evans and Maxine Bennett both now whooshed...... we don't miss her!

LG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.03.15 22:03

@Knitted wrote:Indeed!! By me not using an obviously 'real' name meant it was just a simple formality to 'click' and report me and get my account suspended. What is 'odd' is what I have to do to get it reactivated! (Photo ID???)

FB does not require account holder to show ID proof to open account so it makes no sense they would ask for ID proof to reinstate account.  How would it be possible for them to detect fake identity when they have millions if not billions users from all over the world on their site. Some people do get given ridiculous names by their parents. 
FB admin/moderators aren't going to be trawling each and every account just to catch people out.  

I wonder if FB requires the person reporting a "fake" to prove that s/he genuinely knows the person they reported is a "fake", and not that the complainant is up to mischief?  Otherwise how does FB hope to prevent mischief maker from playing prank on their friends or causing mischief because complainant has an agenda.

Assuming it is a petty pro mccann shill that reported you, the question is - how did the snitcher know who you are?  In order to know you were using a fake name, the snitcher would first have to know of your real identity.  Mind boggling really.

As it is so easy to create another account the point of requiring suspended account holder to produce ID proof is rather banal.   

I suppose if you were to ask FB who reported you, they probably won't reveal it hey?
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerRabbit on 12.03.15 17:21

Upload them the passport photo page of a McCann big grin

RogerRabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 13.03.15 1:09

@RogerRabbit wrote:Upload them the passport photo page of a McCann big grin
Such a pity we don't have a "like" button!

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 13.03.15 4:49

Snipped from "aiyoyo":  "Assuming it is a petty pro mccann shill that reported you, the question is - how did the snitcher know who you are?"

They didn't actually need to know it was fake. You see, my facebook name was something very similar to “Knitted Smith”. So, because of the first name it was obvious to anyone that it was a fake name and in breach of Facebook’s T&Cs. So anyone who was bothered to could simply report it and get an automatic suspension. Thinking about it why they asked for 'Government ID', because the name was so obviously fake it means they don't have to waste any more time on it. However, I’ve had many Facebook profiles, none of which use a ‘real’ name, and I’ve never had a problem before.  

As I only had 7 family/close friends, and was only a member of the CMoMM group, I suspect it was someone there. However... the plot thickens!!  The next day my Google+ ID and associated email address, which although it had the same name as the Facebook account was in no way associated with, or in any way linked to, the FB account was removed by Google. The reason, when I tried logging in, presented to me that it was "believed that the account is being misused”. Without going into details I got that sorted easily enough within half an hour by following the link they'd provided to their Helpdesk.  However, it unarguably demonstrates that the name (which was similar to) “Knitted Smith” was targeted by someone as they'd have had to have searched for it, (after first coming across it at one place) and then reported it to the two different, totally unconnected, providers. (To reiterate: there was no association between the Google+ account and the Facebook account other than the 'coincidence' that they shared the same unique, obviously not real, name... so anyone could have rightly guessed they were both me!).  n.b. I got no info from Google+ as to what the 'misuse' was, and I haven't pushed it as I'd rather keep a low profile for my own reasons.
Knitted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.03.15 15:23

@Knitted wrote: However, it unarguably demonstrates that the name (which was similar to) “Knitted Smith” was targeted by someone as they'd have had to have searched for it, (after first coming across it at one place) and then reported it to the two different, totally unconnected, providers. (To reiterate: there was no association between the Google+ account and the Facebook account other than the 'coincidence' that they shared the same unique, obviously not real, name... so anyone could have rightly guessed they were both me!).  

Given the circumstances - the similar identifiable feature in the name and given the timing - coming after you'd joined the CMOMM group on FB, it is patently obvious from which quarters this person that reported you belongs to.

If you'd in your FB profile setting selected for FB not to display your email address on there, but only for FB to be privy to that, that any message sent to you on FB is notified to you by FB, then it would mean that said person that reported you to Google additionally would have had to have researched quite a few email providers before knowing you'd a google mail account. Unless your gmail address was on display on FB then you were an easy sitting duck.

There are quite a few email providers in the market. If your gmail address is not displayed on FB, I dont see how that person can know you have a gmail account unless some deliberate research was done.

The length this person went to to inconvenient you shows that this s/he either has a vested interest to protect the couple, or s/he is a twisted loony convinced of her/his belief and fanatical about protecting a pair of strangers s/he has not met.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum