The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Mm11

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Regist10

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.02.15 20:20

This may have been raised before, but today a respected researcher and frequent former poster here contacted me with some interesting links. 

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2511.jpg

Note the date on Gerry's passport picture..........


http://www.standard.co.uk/news/smiles-banned-from-passports-6970571.html



...... and the date with IMMEDIATE effect of NO SMILING

____________________
The truth will out.
Smokeandmirrors
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty Re: PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by truthfultiger on 05.02.15 20:29

How long do passports take to process? The date is very close to the date when smiling was banned so I wonder if perhaps passports which had been recurved prior to 5th August were processed rather than having the cost of sending hundreds of passport applications back to applicants.

I know however that the rules are extremely strict as I had my passport photo declined as I had a tiny strand of hair falling across the corner of one eye, and that was after I had paid for the post office checking service. :-s
avatar
truthfultiger

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-12-01

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty Re: PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by canada12 on 05.02.15 20:30

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:This may have been raised before, but today a respected researcher and frequent former poster here contacted me with some interesting links. 

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P10/10VOLUME_Xa_Page_2511.jpg

Note the date on Gerry's passport picture..........


http://www.standard.co.uk/news/smiles-banned-from-passports-6970571.html



...... and the date with IMMEDIATE effect of NO SMILING


I wonder if it made a difference that Gerry's passport wasn't issued in the UK? If you look at the issuing office it's "FCO", which means it's a British passport issued overseas. FCO stands for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. So Gerry was living elsewhere when his passport was renewed. Maybe they weren't so quick to enforce the no-smiling rule...?
avatar
canada12

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty Re: PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by Miraflores on 05.02.15 22:15

Gerry's passport was issued towards the end of the summer season so would probably have taken about 5 weeks to process. My husband sent off for a new passport last summer, (before the crisis in the passport office) and that's how long it took. I renewed mine the November before and it took about ten days from my posting the application off.  I would imagine those already in the system would have been processed under the old rules - otherwise thousands would have had to have gone back.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty Re: PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by G-Unit on 06.02.15 6:37

@canada12 wrote:I wonder if it made a difference that Gerry's passport wasn't issued in the UK? If you look at the issuing office it's "FCO", which means it's a British passport issued overseas. FCO stands for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. So Gerry was living elsewhere when his passport was renewed. Maybe they weren't so quick to enforce the no-smiling rule...?
I think the McCanns were in Amsterdam in 2004?
G-Unit
G-Unit

Posts : 354
Join date : 2014-12-29
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty Re: PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by Varriott on 06.02.15 20:28

For what it's worth, I got my passport renewed in 2005, and I had a big goofy smile in the picture. I was not aware of the new rules, and my guess is that they weren't being enforced yet.
Varriott
Varriott

Posts : 79
Join date : 2013-10-31
Location : The Big Apple

Back to top Go down

PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law Empty Re: PASSPORT OF G McCann and change in law

Post by Liz Eagles on 06.02.15 21:00

@Varriott wrote:For what it's worth, I got my passport renewed in 2005, and I had a big goofy smile in the picture. I was not aware of the new rules, and my guess is that they weren't being enforced yet.
Me too.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Posts : 9575
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum