The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel judge speaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libel judge speaks

Post by Sceptic on 21.01.15 21:32

Martin brunt on twitter

#Madeleine Believed judge ruled some McCann claims not proved, includes claim Port police stopped looking for Madeleine after book published

#Madeleine Lisbon judge rules ex-cop's book caused McCanns hurt and emotional distress. From private hearing ahead of libel judgement


Sceptic

Posts : 179
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by ultimaThule on 21.01.15 21:47

Brunt's tweets, among others, are being debated here https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6793-twitter-news-and-important-information-only-please#151898 and also in the 'McCanns v Amaral' and 'Amaral v McCanns' Libel/Damages topic, Sceptic.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by Kitti007 on 22.01.15 7:58


#Madeleine Lisbon judge rules ex-cop's book caused McCanns hurt and emotional distress. From private hearing ahead of libel judgement



WRONG Brunty.....get your facts right for a change.




The judge ruled that it wasn't the book that caused the distress....they were distressed before the book, obviously.

Kitti007

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by PeterMac on 26.01.15 12:23

I have stood in the Crown Court on several occasions and seen the defendant "Distressed" and "Hurt", and in some cases deemed "suicidal" by the decision of the jury.

And then further "Devastated", and "Destroyed" - both in their private and public lives and career - by the sentence handed down.

That doesn't make it wrong. That is how the truth often works against people who have denied the facts.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 159
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by ultimaThule on 26.01.15 12:47

And the ones who confdently expect to be acquitted because they've hired the services of extremely expensive briefs tend to look stupefied when a guilty verdict is returned and the judge dons the modern day equivalent of a black cap and sentences them to a whole life term.

In the case of Madeleine McCann I can't imagine that anyone found guilty of her murder could expect to receive anything less than to be deprived of their liberty for the rest of their days and, to my mind, such a sentence would be humane in that it would be as much for their protection as that of society.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by aquila on 26.01.15 13:03

@ultimaThule wrote:And the ones who confdently expect to be acquitted because they've hired the services of extremely expensive briefs tend to look stupefied when a guilty verdict is returned and the judge dons the modern day equivalent of a black cap and sentences them to a whole life term.  

In the case of Madeleine McCann I can't imagine that anyone found guilty of her murder could expect to receive anything less than to be deprived of their liberty for the rest of their days and, to my mind, such a sentence would be humane in that it would be as much for their protection as that of society.  
It's a bit of a moot point for me. It depends on whether you have any faith in Operation Grange. I don't.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8418
Reputation : 1534
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by Guest on 26.01.15 16:15

@aquila wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:And the ones who confdently expect to be acquitted because they've hired the services of extremely expensive briefs tend to look stupefied when a guilty verdict is returned and the judge dons the modern day equivalent of a black cap and sentences them to a whole life term.  

In the case of Madeleine McCann I can't imagine that anyone found guilty of her murder could expect to receive anything less than to be deprived of their liberty for the rest of their days and, to my mind, such a sentence would be humane in that it would be as much for their protection as that of society.  
It's a bit of a moot point for me. It depends on whether you have any faith in Operation Grange. I don't.
I do,they'll deliver what they were set out to do,nothing.
I'm beginning to think it will be quietly let go, the staff will slowly be moved and it will remain open with a phone line but no announcement will be made, some 9 months or so down the line this will only be found out through a FOI request.
The McCanns know this,there is no money in the fund to pay any litigation cost so why keep it open,to keep up the tale of still looking for Madeleine when they know SY won't be.They can't admit to knowing she is dead.IMO
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by jeanmonroe on 26.01.15 16:33

DISREGARDING, the 'facts' about book 'sales' etc, what ACTUAL 'facts and points', EXACTLY, were PROVEN to be in favour of the McCann's 'side' re: their ACTUAL 'claim/s' and 'included' IN THEIR LEGAL WRIT/DOCUMENT (important) against the 'defendents' by the Judge?

Equally, what 'facts' were PROVEN, in favour, of GA's 'side', ( ergo, UNPROVEN by the McCann's, as fact) and the other 'defendents' in his/their 'defence'......... by the Judge?

In laymen's 'terms' if possible.

ie: 6 'proven' for McCann's

15 'unproven' by McCann's.

Thx, in advance.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5804
Reputation : 1652
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by ultimaThule on 26.01.15 16:36

If that were the case, there would have been no need for Operation Grange to have continued beyond the time in late 2012/early 2013 when the initial review was completed, WMD.  

If the purpose was to exonerate the McCanns it could have been announced that, after some 2 years of examining every aspect of the case, the Met were satisfied that Madeleine was the innocent victim of an abduction by person(s) unknown to her/her family/the Tapas 7 and that nothing further could be done unless new leads emerged at some future date.

Such an announcement would, of course, have rubbished the PJ's initial investigation but, as some would have it, that would simply be by way of a Brucie bonus for the pampered and protected pair.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel judge speaks

Post by Guest on 26.01.15 17:00

@ultimaThule wrote:If that were the case, there would have been no need for Operation Grange to have continued beyond the time in late 2012/early 2013 when the initial review was completed, WMD.  

If the purpose was to exonerate the McCanns it could have been announced that, after some 2 years of examining every aspect of the case, the Met were satisfied that Madeleine was the innocent victim of an abduction by person(s) unknown to her/her family/the Tapas 7 and that nothing further could be done unless new leads emerged at some future date.

Such an announcement would, of course, have rubbished the PJ's initial investigation but, as some would have it, that would simply be by way of a Brucie bonus for the pampered and protected pair.
Their brief was to treat the investigation as if the abduction took place in the UK,if they have fulfilled this requirement,then what is left.
Their job is done.
Its difficult to see why they should choose that route though,because sections 9/10 of the offences against the persons act only allows the trial of persons involved in murder/manslaughter abroad to be held in this country.

I believe the PJ have played a blinder in this,they know what happened,but with political interference as ably displayed by the words of Mr Amaral they were not allowed to continue,they have cocked a snook at the british by allowing them to run rough shod over the country side, landscaping,in the full glare of the press for what? there is no sign of an abductor never was,the body will never be found GM confirms this.
Its a stalemate where only some one telling the true story will it end.
All opinion though.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car


Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government


Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/