The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sonia Poulton Update

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sonia Poulton Update

Post by Verdi on 30.09.15 12:23

Is that what thirty years of being a journo teaches you - to use social networking  to advertise your ineptitude?  She really expects people to take her seriously does she?

If I used twitter to discuss financial affairs with my bank manager, what would that make me.  I don't have any desire to communicate with the likes of Gamble but if I did I'd make damn sure it was done in private, not on some public board for all the world to see!  Woe betide if she double crosses her production team - he/she/they will curse the day the journo was first encountered because for sure she will use social network to wreak rewengy. 

Sadly, the days of lobbing flaccid cabbages, mouldy buns and dead cats at speakers on the hustings are long gone - I think !?!

As an aside, in the 70's young women who followed rock groups around the globe were called groupies - not journos!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.09.15 12:29

@interestedobserver wrote:May I just say two things;
1. None of US knows what is actually going on with OG.
2. Mr Murdoch may be backing both horses in a two horse race.
It's been reported that an additional £2m has been allocated for Operation Grange to continue, some say, for another six months.

Does that sound to you as if they're on the home stretch?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 30.09.15 12:36

Just to say, I back what Petermac has said about this subject.  Can't we just wait a bit longer before we judge?  joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.09.15 12:36

@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@snook wrote:I think it is disgraceful.  Cashing in on Brenda's death. I understand someone asked if she had the family's blessing. She dodged the question.
The Garden of Earthly Delights, wonderful.
The hell section of Hieronymus Bosch's triptych which, like SP's documentary, is only opened once a year.
When nobody is there.
The work of Bosch is so much more absorbing than the pseudo artiste could ever be.

I used to have a print of The Garden of Earthly Delights hanging on my office wall - you know, a sort of conversation piece.  You could study it for hours on end and still find something new.

Shear genius!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.09.15 12:38

@Verdi wrote:Is that what thirty years of being a journo teaches you - to use social networking  to advertise your ineptitude?  She really expects people to take her seriously does she?
I hesitate to reproduce these further tweets from Ms Poulton - they are a handful of examples of how the air can turn a very vivid blue when she clicks on the 'Send Tweet' button. And there's much worse from her on Twitter than these.

Anyway, here's a few colourful 'blasts from the past' from our new, much-vaunted, and handsomely-paid, 'Social Affairs Commentator':

++++++++++++   

Sonia Poulton @ SoniaPoulton · 1 hr 1 hour ago
The political debate on either side is infantilised with insults, smears and propaganda. No wonder we end up with such shit MPs and PMs.

Sonia Poulton @ SoniaPoulton · 3 hrs 3 hours ago
@kirstym01189085 sadly, true. I don't ignore the filth that is IDS. I chase him!   [NOTE by TB: IDS = Iain Duncan-Smith].

Sonia Poulton @ SoniaPoulton · 1 hr 1 hour ago
Why the shock about #DavidMellor? He was always repugnant. 

Sonia Poulton @ SoniaPoulton · 3 hrs 3 hours ago
Yes, David Cameron is anus of the highest order

Sonia Poulton @ SoniaPoulton · 4 hrs 4 hours ago
@ kirstym01189085 Currie is pretty much everything I loathe in one steaming package of ugliness. [NOTE: Edwina Currie]

Sonia Poulton @ SoniaPoulton · 4 hrs 4 hours ago
@ Lennnny11 some words are fitting. I use whore to describe a certain type of man or woman, gender neutral.

Daily Mail journalist Daniel Bates wrote: “Kate and Gerry McCann have released a new picture of their daughter Madeleine as they prepare to commemorate tomorrow’s third anniversary of her disappearance. The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box. She has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow. It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished”

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 30.09.15 12:44

@Verdi wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@snook wrote:I think it is disgraceful.  Cashing in on Brenda's death. I understand someone asked if she had the family's blessing. She dodged the question.
The hell section of Hieronymus Bosch's triptych which, like SP's documentary, is only opened once a year.
When nobody is there.
The work of Bosch is so much more absorbing than the pseudo artiste could ever be.

I used to have a print of The Garden of Earthly Delights hanging on my office wall - you know, a sort of conversation piece.  You could study it for hours on end and still find something new.

Shear genius!
Snap! I have a print up in my lounge. It is as absorbing as Richard Dadd's Faery Feller's Masterstroke, with layer upon layer of exquisite detail.
We can attest to the brilliance of this breath-taking masterpiece as it is there to be observed, unlike the forth and fitfhcoming of the putative Poulton piece de resistance, the advice being, not to hold one's breath in this instance.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by interestedobserver on 30.09.15 12:54

@Verdi wrote:
@interestedobserver wrote:May I just say two things;
1. None of US knows what is actually going on with OG.
2. Mr Murdoch may be backing both horses in a two horse race.
It's been reported that an additional £2m has been allocated for Operation Grange to continue, some say, for another six months.

Does that sound to you as if they're on the home stretch?
It could be. I honestly think they know what happened.
Finding the absolute proof, and dealing with the subsequent events, is the problem.

interestedobserver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.09.15 13:02

@interestedobserver wrote:
Don't you think they knew what happened when they started?

The Prime Minister's spokesman told us on Day One that Op Grange was to 'help the McCann family'.

The official remit was to investigate 'the abduction'.

DCI Redwood said times over that neither the McCanns nor any of their friends were suspects.

And Op Grange was ordered by Rebekah Brooks.

Don't you think Clarence Mitchell also 'knew what happened' when, three days after Madeleine was reported missing, he agreed to be the McCanns' PR spokesman?

Which he still is...

Daily Mail journalist Daniel Bates wrote: “Kate and Gerry McCann have released a new picture of their daughter Madeleine as they prepare to commemorate tomorrow’s third anniversary of her disappearance. The photo shows her when she was three after a raid on the dressing-up box. She has a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace and is wearing blue eyeshadow. It was taken weeks before the fateful family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished”

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by interestedobserver on 30.09.15 13:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@interestedobserver wrote:
Don't you think they knew what happened when they started?

The Prime Minister's spokesman told us on Day One that Op Grange was to 'help the McCann family'.

The official remit was to investigate 'the abduction'.

DCI Redwood said times over that neither the McCanns nor any of their friends were suspects.

And Op Grange was ordered by Rebekah Brooks.

Don't you think Clarence Mitchell also 'knew what happened' when, three days after Madeleine was reported missing, he agreed to be the McCanns' PR spokesman?

Which he still is...
Hi Tony,
You know exactly what I think, and its not pretty.

interestedobserver

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.09.15 14:31

BTW, I am not a believer that there is a "conspiracy" where this case is concerned.  
The Mcs most certainly had high level help that they made the most of. Combined that with their cunning forward planning using lawyers/PR and media manipulation etc they pulled it off (so far at least).

I don't believe SP is in Murdoch's pocket (so to speak) either.
I think she got onto the Madeleine's case bandwagon, made a documentary that got beyond her depth.  

What I find distasteful is her (self claimed she's professional) using twitter to brag as well as to smear dissenters. Moreover her crude language on the politicians all made on twitter (hence public) isn't at all demeanor of a journalist, let alone a professional one.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 30.09.15 14:52

Just as a matter of interest. When did SP
obtain her BSc at Gloucester University? It was only formed in 2001? As I said, just asking.

kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 30.09.15 15:31

I read up a lot about her online, some of it moderated by herself... Wikipedia and all. I learned a lot! The BSc from Gloucester University intrigued me too. She writes that it is in Psychology. She 'wanted to understand herself better', and that's why she chose to do it.

Before the date you mention 'Gloucester University' was a collection of higher education colleges which then came together. Oddly, she appears be 51 years old now, but she writes that she 'started' her degree in her 30s and 'completed ' it much more recently. Was it modular or what?

There are a lot of little gems among the rest. She does appear to have 'campaigned' for several good causes. (Haven't we all?)

She began in 'music journalism'. She claims to have given the Spice Girls their names... but this is disputed.
One bit I enjoyed is that 'she is an amateir astrologer'... Yes... Hmmm...

A lot of her own writing in newspapers is interesting too. Here's a bit from the Daily Mail.

~~~~~~~~
From Daily Mail 8 Feb 2011. A young woman is reported to have died alone of dehydration. She had OCD. Sonia is particularly distressed: The Mail's headline is: "The Hell of OCD: Turning every coin heads up. Racing for buses in the belief it would stop Mum dying. Sonia was consumed by the illness from the age of seven." Sonia writes: "My own ­battle with OCD could just as easily have ended in tragedy. I have battled it for decades and was twice driven to attempt suicide... I was overwhelmed, but told no one about my condition, although my facial ticks of constantly rolling my eyes and pushing my mouth up to my nose was an external clue". In her 30s she began a psychology degree and learned that Cognitive Behaviour Therapy could help her. It was successful... but she is ever vigilant.
~~~~~~~~~

In 2013 Poulton became a presenter on The People's Voice, a global internet TV and radio station founded by David Icke.[8] She left in January 2014 following a confrontation with Icke in which she called for 'transparency of the company'.

If you know much about Mr Icke you will know he is another oddball eccentric.

She has attempted to set up her own companies but they folded.

I find it odd that having once written about pop music and having a run of the mill psychology degree, and a lot of rum baggage, makes you fit for being Sky's TV pundit on any and every social issue. I think phenomenal drive, personal pushiness, and what I think of as her 'Gillian McKeith' qualities are more to the point.

comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.09.15 15:55

"It could be. I honestly think they (OG) know what happened."

@TB: 'Don't you think they (OG) knew what happened when they started?'

Honestly?

Imo, BOTH family 'Grandmothers' 'knew/KNOW' what 'happened' to Madeleine.

Hence, that's why 'they' both Grandmas' were  'hastily' put on the 'Granny Express' back to UK, after saying 'something' that 'upset' 'Tiny Tears McCann' within hours of their arrival in PDL.

Possibly, 'something' like 'yeah, yeah, but where's Madeleine, now?'

I'm afraid, imo, the 'money' donated to 'search fund' by handicapped kiddies, OAP's and school kids 'cake sales' 'TURNED' THEIR HEADS.

See video of how 'pleased' Grandma McCann is when the 'money' (Private Fund) 'has started to roll in'!

And Grandma Healy's Madeleine 'stall' at Tesko's (sic)

'get your GQWB's HERE, only two squids each'!

'T-Shirts! T-Shirts! Buy your Madeleine T-Shirts!'

nb: I have yet to 'see' a single person, walking around my town, 'wearing' a FindMadeleine 'T-Shirt/GQWB' but there again, i have only been 'looking' for just over 8 YEARS!

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.09.15 16:33

@jeanmonroe wrote:"It could be. I honestly think they (OG) know what happened."

@TB: 'Don't you think they (OG) knew what happened when they started?'

Honestly?

Imo, BOTH family 'Grandmothers' 'knew/KNOW' what 'happened' to Madeleine.

Yeap, both the family grandmas definitely in the know.
Some other close family members knew too.
Grange can have their suspicions that Madeleine died in the apartment or they can discern from indications of evidence that abduction is a fabrication and her parents were hiding the truth. They can't possibly know exactly what happened, or why wouldn't they take the parents/perpetrators to Court?
I don't believe the government would throw £12 million away just to make the Mcs look whiter than white, or to protect some entities as some people seemed to believe. IF there was conspiracy involved in said case there is no risk of it being exposed, why spend money chasing shadows?
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.09.15 16:42

Stay on topic, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.09.15 19:48

@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
When nobody is there.

Shear genius!
Snap! I have a print up in my lounge. It is as absorbing as Richard Dadd's Faery Feller's Masterstroke, with layer upon layer of exquisite detail.
We can attest to the brilliance of this breath-taking masterpiece as it is there to be observed, unlike the forth and fitfhcoming of the putative Poulton piece de resistance, the advice being, not to hold one's breath in this instance.
Alas, I'm off the radar for such earthly delights these days.  Ages ago I tried an on-line purchase, the print with aluminium frame (to fit the decor) cost  £250'ish but by the time delivery charge was added the cost escalated to £1,450'ish and so ended that little venture! 

I'll wager a block busting controversial documentary doesn't cost that much to deliver.  Still I look forward to next (?) Sunday with borderline optimism (which is slightly more positive than pessimism) and a yearning for learning it's not going to be a load of old bosch.

Any takers yet on where the trailer/tribute is to be aired - or have I missed something?

ETA to the list:  Pieter Bruegel - another genius!

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Sonia - For and against

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.10.15 9:39

Placing here for the record:

Sonia's fans...

asylum crazy ‏@ asylumcrazytoo · Sep 29
@SoniaPoulton you are an amazing lady Sonia. You are putting a lot at risk in your pursuit of justice. #McCann support fear your media scope

Sonia's opponents...

Sonia Poulton ‏@ SoniaPoulton · Sep 29
@asylumcrazytoo thank you, appreciated. I know what they're like. I've seen the emails sent to producers demanding I'm 'removed' from TV!

I know nothing about these e-mails - it wasn't me - but if Sonia is right, there are a few more out there who are very sceptical about her involvement with the mainstream media just now

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.10.15 15:32

Geeez, it's like reading a contemporary communist manifesto on behalf of the monster raving loony party.  It's as bad (if not worse) as the ever present sticky appendage that can't resist an oppotunity to take a stab - see latest for confirmation!  Still they have got a lot in common and you know what they say - like attracts like!

Better still, from here on in think I'll use the code name Tokyo Rose, reminisent of the notorious one who liked to entertain the allied troups during WW11 with flippant tales designed to destroy morale.

What they don't know they invent - I really wish these people who know they've a wide audience would refrain from writing opinion under the guise of fact.  It's not helpful, if anything it's very damaging.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.10.15 15:45

@Tony Bennett wrote:Placing here for the record:

Sonia's fans...

asylum crazy ‏@ asylumcrazytoo · Sep 29
@SoniaPoulton you are an amazing lady Sonia. You are putting a lot at risk in your pursuit of justice. #McCann support fear your media scope

Sonia's opponents...

Sonia Poulton ‏@ SoniaPoulton · Sep 29
@asylumcrazytoo thank you, appreciated. I know what they're like. I've seen the emails sent to producers demanding I'm 'removed' from TV!

I know nothing about these e-mails - it wasn't me - but if Sonia is right, there are a few more out there who are very sceptical about her involvement with the mainstream media just now
What was the point of tweeting the fan's comment? 

Why not just  tweet that demands have been made to have her removed from tv?

Oh we have to know that there are fans out there - is that it?  Could be a family member or very dear friend posting that tweet.

All so childish.   Have kept well away from this thread (for the most part) but really - isn't it time to just to put up or shut up.

So boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I do hope that if and when this docu. is aired it has a lot more substance than these tweets.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 01.10.15 21:55

@Verdi wrote:
snook, whatever the collective may or may not think, the Coroners verdict following the inquest was death by suicide.  Up till now there have been no known criminal proceedings relating to her death nor do I think there ever will be.  According to her own family she had a history of depression and attempted suicide so her tragic death could be the result of a culmination of unknown events.  Clearly she was mentally ill.

IMO it's totally inappropriate for Ms Poulton, or anyone else for that matter, to use the tragedy for self-aggrandizement or to sensationalize a proposed documentary slash film.  The true reason for death is a matter of conjecture, not a fact that she was driven by a combination of Sky news, Brunt and the duck lady dossier.  This may well have been a contributory factor but FACT it is not!

Besides, I thought the documentary slash film with the working title 'The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann' was supposed to be the untold story of Madeleine McCann.  Brenda Leyland is a by-product not a major component.  This is Ms Poulton's downfall - her mouth runs away with her before she engages her brain, examples of which can be seen in many a Poulton.com video.  Once in motion she doesn't even stop to breath.

The woman's a liability.
Absolutely spot on Verdi.   thumbsup
snook

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 01.10.15 21:57

@kaz wrote:Just as a matter of interest. When did SP
obtain her BSc at Gloucester University? It was only formed in 2001? As I said, just asking.
So in other words one of the old polytechnics given the title university.  I'm sure the Russell group members are quaking about the competition.
snook

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 01.10.15 22:01

I notice the 'professional' has tweeted that a TV exec approached her regarding a debate. When she enquired if Katie Hopkins was also participating she was told 'she's finished!'

I am no fan of Hopkins but last time I checked, she was the one with her own TV show not Poulton? Jealousy is a terrible trait.
snook

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.10.15 12:12

@snook wrote:I notice the 'professional' has tweeted that a TV exec approached her regarding a debate. When she enquired if Katie Hopkins was also participating she was told 'she's finished!'

I am no fan of Hopkins but last time I checked, she was the one with her own TV show not Poulton? Jealousy is a terrible trait.
Yes snook, I too saw that little pearl of wisdom,  my first thought was 'what a bitch'!  Can you imagine the reaction if Katie Hopkins had said that about Poulton?  Just shows the calibre of production she is accustomed to;  what professional media producer would reveal such information to a co-worker and allow it to be spread across the nation (if not the globe) by the medium of twitter without challenge?  The woman is unbelievably crass!

Don't know much about Katie Hopkins but what little I've seen of her performance, I think she can be viewed as entertainment value pure and simple.  She does have a certain je ne sais quoi - all be it a trifle outrageous, I doubt if she would get a look in if she didn't have that edge. If you looking for a captive audience it helps if you possess a degree of persona, otherwise you bore the audience to death!

Poulton on the other hand, is but an indomitable mouth with about as much to recommend her as her side-kick precariously perched on a soap box at Hyde Park corner.  I speak of course of social medias new up and coming political editor - amongst other areas of quasi expertise!  Is next Sunday's trailer to be a YouTube lounge sofa affair does anyone know - or can we expect to see it as a BBC announcement of forthcoming programmes of public interest?  In the interim, the casualty Brenda Leyland's name is being brandished about like a personal gold card investment plan, I'm sure her grieving family appreciate her name being used to promote a masquerade of false sentimentality.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis on 03.10.15 7:46

@Verdi wrote:Alas, I'm off the radar for such earthly delights these days.  Ages ago I tried an on-line purchase, the print with aluminium frame (to fit the decor) cost  £250'ish but by the time delivery charge was added the cost escalated to £1,450'ish and so ended that little venture! 

I'll wager a block busting controversial documentary doesn't cost that much to deliver.  Still I look forward to next (?) Sunday with borderline optimism (which is slightly more positive than pessimism) and a yearning for learning it's not going to be a load of old bosch.

Any takers yet on where the trailer/tribute is to be aired - or have I missed something?

Love Bruegel. The trick is trying to figure out which one it is. Was it Bruegel the Elder? Bruegel the younger? Bruegel the slightly younger but older than the youngest Bruegel? Maybe it's a Bruegel the Milkman or Bruegel the Plague Doctor? I know there were about 10 of them knocking out Heavy Rock album covers.

"Load of old Bosch" lol. Interesting that Bruegel and Bosch look like they got the same painting kit for Christmas.

Talking of fantasy...
I think, given the cut of Poulton's jib, this long awaited exposé will be about Internet trolls and stalking.
It won't be anything that suggests the Mcs are anything but child-robbed saints.
If it were to be then it would never be aired on TV.
You know a film's bad when it's released straight to DVD?
Well same goes for documentaries constrained and consigned to Youtube.
Which this will be.
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.10.15 11:42

@Mark Willis wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Alas, I'm off the radar for such earthly delights these days.  Ages ago I tried an on-line purchase, the print with aluminium frame (to fit the decor) cost  £250'ish but by the time delivery charge was added the cost escalated to £1,450'ish and so ended that little venture! 

Love Bruegel. The trick is trying to figure out which one it is. Was it Bruegel the Elder? Bruegel the younger? Bruegel the slightly younger but older than the youngest Bruegel? Maybe it's a Bruegel the Milkman or Bruegel the Plague Doctor? I know there were about 10 of them knocking out Heavy Rock album covers.

"Load of old Bosch" lol. Interesting that Bruegel and Bosch look like they got the same painting kit for Christmas.

Talking of fantasy...
I think, given the cut of Poulton's jib, this long awaited exposé will be about Internet trolls and stalking.
It won't be anything that suggests the Mcs are anything but child-robbed saints.
If it were to be then it would never be aired on TV.
You know a film's bad when it's released straight to DVD?
Well same goes for documentaries constrained and consigned to Youtube.
Which this will be.

...... and that's some heavy rock !

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum