The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Mm11

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Mm11

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Regist10

Sonia Poulton Update

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton Update

Post by Joss 01.02.15 17:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't think doorstepping the McC's is really a good move on SP's credibility, especially after the outrage after what happened to Brenda Leyland, and which SP herself was against. I also don't think it was a clever thing to do considering the McC's children also live in that home, their home i would imagine, and they are innocent of anything to do with their sister's disappearance, and had nothing to do with what their parents do. Just not fair on them IMO.

But doorstepping has always been a journalist tool, it's an ancient art, nothing new there.

It's only wrong if the doorstepping went beyond that.  Like having the person doorstepped on the 24 hours rolling news while labelling them trolls  or what have you without justification.

What MB did to BL was unjustifiable when he lies and intimidates her, telling her police were investigating her when they were not, and putting her on news flash on a roll for 24 hours calling her a troll without proof, when the police weren't even involved.

I'm sure SP won't have the power to put those people she doorstepped on rolling news neither can she label them unjustly and hope to get away with it.  Albeit it is doorstepping it is still a completely different aspect altogether.

Sorry, we don't know the circumstances under which they were doorstepped, how it came about and how it was received.  So, premature to go up in arms blanketly using BL as exampe it is bad taste to doorstep people.  If SP were to doorstep JG and even CM, I would not call it bad taste either, far from it in fact.  Those people's behavior in the Mcs debacle calls for unorthodox way to force confrontational answers from them. These clever people are public figures who put themselves out there as are the Mcs and can choose to ignore SP or choose to refuse to answer questions or answer with "no comment" and so where's the harm in that if the cause is in the public interest to know.

We can't pretend to know what is best to do to expose people's lies or put out a doc there to tell the untold story that is overdue to be told.  What gives us the right to say what we do here is right and what other people do using a public medium is wrong?

Sorry, unless SP crosses the professional line and messes it up for herself then it is her consequence to face.  If she's stupid enough to commit career suicide then it is her funeral. Meanwhile I would like to reserve judgement until I see doc.
Fair enough.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 01.02.15 17:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I certainly take your point Mags Shaw, but I personally cannot, in good conscience, say I am here to support Maddie. I believe this poor child is most likely long dead and all that remains is a blanket of silence and distraction in our media. I am here to support justice and that includes open and transparent reporting in the media. Not a single hard-hitting question has been asked in years yet the UK taxpayer still picks up the tab for an ongoing investigation that year after year fails to turn up any new leads. 

-------

Yes - especially bolded part. It's a disgrace. What a waste of public money, apart from anything else. It's a complete farce. What the hell are SY up to?
It would be the Metropolitan Police Financial Board of Directors I would imagine.  Not sure if I have seen it posted,  but have FOI  requests been submitted? 

I agree how can it be allowed?  Tax payers money!
it would be interesting to see the remit for the allocation of this money.
Yes it would. That's a heck of a huge amount of taxpayer money to spend on one investigation IMO.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 01.02.15 17:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't think doorstepping the McC's is really a good move on SP's credibility, especially after the outrage after what happened to Brenda Leyland, and which SP herself was against. I also don't think it was a clever thing to do considering the McC's children also live in that home, their home i would imagine, and they are innocent of anything to do with their sister's disappearance, and had nothing to do with what their parents do. Just not fair on them IMO.

But doorstepping has always been a journalist tool, it's an ancient art, nothing new there.

It's only wrong if the doorstepping went beyond that.  Like having the person doorstepped on the 24 hours rolling news while labelling them trolls  or what have you without justification.

What MB did to BL was unjustifiable when he lies and intimidates her, telling her police were investigating her when they were not, and putting her on news flash on a roll for 24 hours calling her a troll without proof, when the police weren't even involved.

I'm sure SP won't have the power to put those people she doorstepped on rolling news neither can she label them unjustly and hope to get away with it.  Albeit it is doorstepping it is still a completely different aspect altogether.

Sorry, we don't know the circumstances under which they were doorstepped, how it came about and how it was received.
 So, premature to go up in arms blanketly using BL as exampe it is bad taste to doorstep people.  If SP were to doorstep JG and even CM, I would not call it bad taste either, far from it in fact.  Those people's behavior in the Mcs debacle calls for unorthodox way to force confrontational answers from them. These clever people are public figures who put themselves out there as are the Mcs and can choose to ignore SP or choose to refuse to answer questions or answer with "no comment" and so where's the harm in that if the cause is in the public interest to know.

We can't pretend to know what is best to do to expose people's lies or put out a doc there to tell the untold story that is overdue to be told.  What gives us the right to say what we do here is right and what other people do using a public medium is wrong?

Sorry, unless SP crosses the professional line and messes it up for herself then it is her consequence to face.  If she's stupid enough to commit career suicide then it is her funeral. Meanwhile I would like to reserve judgement until I see doc.
Maybe now is the time for SP to tell everyone the circumstances and who, if anyone, is sponsoring her and whether she has been contacted by the police or not for doorstepping Mrs. on private property?

I did post in the week that I was prepared to wait for the docu. but after The Sun "storm" IMO  Cristobel and SP should be answering questions about how the interview came about and whether it was intended for Cristobel to be the interviewee from the outset as has been suggested bysome bloggers and posters.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletLaw 01.02.15 18:37

I found this page about her which gives me even more doubts about her credibility; there's this quote below lifted from one of the articles too. (I've posted the link below if anyone's interested)

Quote; Makes money writing anti-cyber bullying articles

Engages in cyber bullying

Question from me, why would she be defending trolls if her career is writing articles against it? Seems a conflict of interest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ScarletLaw

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletLaw 02.02.15 12:51

I lifted this last night from a forum last night, I didn't know where to post it so I posted it as a new topic but I feel Tony is right about Sonia. I'm going away until Wednesday so won't be able to comment. (If not clear, the reply posted below the question was replied by another member and not myself)
scoobydoo wrote:So reporting threats to the police is an assault, but illegally obtaining the contact details of someone who disagreed with you is ok? Does she think that's what brunt did and is trying to claim the same? Shame brunt identified leyland not through dark forces but the ability to read her name since she didn't tweet anonymously originally.

Poulton claims that she got OFCOMed because she supported cannabis. That's not how I read it. If you read the OFCOM investigation into her reporting, it found her "in breach" of their code because she had failed to demonstrate impartiality in a debate about the contentious subject of cannabis - impartiality is quite rightly considered an essential aspect of journalism.

Is she demonstrating this crucial impartiality in her documentary about the McCann case? Only time will tell. However, as a journalist, she should know that there is an expectation for her to be impartial, to exhibit integrity in her investigations and for her documentary to be factual. I gather she isn't bound by OFCOM which sets out a code of standards for factual reporting - something which I find a bit dodgy. I'd never hire someone who refused to be governed by the same code of professional standards as everyone else. I'd be wondering what they were afraid of and if everyone adopted the same attitude, the country would be in an even bigger mess than it is. Can you imagine if doctors, lawyers, teachers, tradesmen all worked to their "own" standards and rejected those set down by statute?

If Poulton is making "documentaries" outwith OFCOM's code of standards, what sets her apart from anyone else who makes a YouTube video to rant about some aspect of life? Answer - absolutely nothing that I can see. It's just a video that some individual has made and uploaded to the internet. One of millions.

But if, as she says, she is having a meeting with broadcasters after it is completed,  so maybe hasn't got funding after all?  does that means she intends to try and sell it? Because that won't go down well with those (admittedly few) hounders who are opposed to anyone making money from the case.

Someone posted a tweet she had made about how she thought that people who failed to report online abuse had a lot to answer for, yet she is openly attacking and trying to expose the people who reported online abuse of the McCanns and their children. I'll be interested to see how she reconciles this apparent contradiction in her documentary. I'll also be interested to see how she reconciles her own association with some of the worst trolls on Twitter with her stance AGAINST internet trolling.

Incidentally, I am assuming that she has obtained a copy of the dossier since she seems to be making certain authoritative claims about its contents. Surely she wouldn't make a documentary based on assumptions about a document she hasn't seen? Or is she actually believing the hounders who told her that the dossier = the wiki?
ScarletLaw

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 02.02.15 17:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe now is the time for SP to tell everyone the circumstances and who, if anyone, is sponsoring her and whether she has been contacted by the police or not for doorstepping Mrs. on private property?

I did post in the week that I was prepared to wait for the docu. but after The Sun "storm" IMO  Cristobel and SP should be answering questions about how the interview came about and whether it was intended for Cristobel to be the interviewee from the outset as has been suggested bysome bloggers and posters.

Give it time.  Bloom or Doom, time will tell.  

Calling the police on a journalist going about a legit business would only draw unnecessary attention to oneself would it not?  I doubt Kate would be that stupid to attract negative attention to herself like that. 

If SP produces identification and states the business she went there for, Kate can exercise her right to accept or reject to be interviewed. Calling the police on SP would fall right into SP's hand.  You don't call the police just because a journalist doorstepped you unless they harrassed you.  The entire lot of the press pack were camping outside their place when the case was at its height.  

Say, if SP arrives and says to the Mrs she wants to talk about Madeleine, how would it look for Kate if she'd called the Police just because a journalist arrived at her door asking to talk to her regarding Madeleine's disappearance, when the Mcs had been known to court the press ?

Cristobel's sun interview is a bleeding fiasco.  Imagine ! She actually volunteered herself as a passionate "anti-Mcs-troll" to put forward her case, and bingo - the piece turned out to be exactly that ! No more no less !  And, she still fails to see her folly, even now. The pro-mcs-trolls are way ahead in the brain department.  None of the pros volunteers to out themselves.

If SP was hoping the Sun's piece will support/aid/reinforce certain aspect in her documentary, the cristobel's debacle has backfired big time.Spectacular own goal that, unless SP's game is something else that no one is clear about.
But it seems to me her doc will feature the topic of "trolling"...and how Brenda Leyland ended up as victim.
Sonia Poulton
‏@SoniaPoulton
@w_nicht @jontait42 this was 1 issue I sought to address with McCanns at house. I wanted to know: do you support what happened to Brenda?

Wait and see what pans out.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by wombat42 04.02.15 9:11

wombat42

Activity : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletLaw 04.02.15 11:11

I'm with Tony on this one. The only activity I've ever seen online of being abusive is the McCann camp, goading you people. I'm not saying it doesn't happen to the McCanns, but there is a definite campaign for you to be seen this way by the amount of planted posts I've seen. Sonia Poulton is not running a documentary on the McCann pros who do this, I haven't seen any evidence of asking them for help, her one focus is on the anti's. 
  She has a history of letting people down and switching sides depending on mood or intent for paid interview or article and so far, has put your campaign into serious problems by painting you as trolls. There was no mortification or apology to the anti groups after the Sun article or condemnation of the man who wrote it; and now she's refused to discuss the documentary anymore.
  She's Judas Iscariot with bad lipstick, the colour doesn't suit her skin tone at all, and she has a smug look in her eye for that preview interview. She has a laughing smirk their too. All is not what it seems.
ScarletLaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 04.02.15 12:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm with Tony on this one. The only activity I've ever seen online of being abusive is the McCann camp, goading you people. I'm not saying it doesn't happen to the McCanns, but there is a definite campaign for you to be seen this way by the amount of planted posts I've seen. Sonia Poulton is not running a documentary on the McCann pros who do this, I haven't seen any evidence of asking them for help, her one focus is on the anti's. 
  She has a history of letting people down and switching sides depending on mood or intent for paid interview or article and so far, has put your campaign into serious problems by painting you as trolls. There was no mortification or apology to the anti groups after the Sun article or condemnation of the man who wrote it; and now she's refused to discuss the documentary anymore.
  She's Judas Iscariot with bad lipstick, the colour doesn't suit her skin tone at all, and she has a smug look in her eye for that preview interview. She has a laughing smirk their too. All is not what it seems.
I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt when i first read about her documentary forthcoming, but in light of what happened in the Sun article, now i'm not so sure about what she is really trying to achieve with any of it?
Time will tell.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 04.02.15 12:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm with Tony on this one. The only activity I've ever seen online of being abusive is the McCann camp, goading you people. I'm not saying it doesn't happen to the McCanns, but there is a definite campaign for you to be seen this way by the amount of planted posts I've seen. Sonia Poulton is not running a documentary on the McCann pros who do this, I haven't seen any evidence of asking them for help, her one focus is on the anti's. 
I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt when i first read about her documentary forthcoming, but in light of what happened in the Sun article, now i'm not so sure about what she is really trying to achieve with any of it?
Time will tell.
I remember a while back on Twitter (may have been a couple of years ago) someone tweeted a message to Poulton about the behaviour of pro-McCann trolls. Her reply was simply that she had encountered anti-McCann 'tweeters' who were just as bad. Perhaps I am reading too much into that statement? I have also seen Poulton accused by Stuart Svret of "handwringing" over child abuse whilst not actually naming anyone / doing anything about it!
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 11.02.15 19:18

I remember a while back on Twitter (may have been a couple of years ago) someone tweeted a message to Poulton about the behaviour of pro-McCann trolls. Her reply was simply that she had encountered anti-McCann 'tweeters' who were just as bad. Perhaps I am reading too much into that statement? I have also seen Poulton accused by Stuart Syvret of "handwringing" over child abuse whilst not actually naming anyone / doing anything about it!
The SKY News piece on 'internet trolls' featuring Sonia Poulton debating with Katie Hopkins has been put up on YouTube and already has had 113,000-plus views. It's pretty easy to see who won this particular debate:

It has been said by many on the forum that it's good that anyone should be doing a documentary on Madeleine and that we should simply sit back and 'wait and see' what Poulton can produce.

However, I think the above video makes it still clearer how little we should expect from Sonia Poulton, the arranger of the Hutton debacle:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 23897

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 11.02.15 19:51

It seems Ms Poulton richly deserves the soubriquet 'Shrieky'. big grin .

Here's Sonia's partner cameraman showing off his long range lens:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by mad world 11.02.15 21:56

Hi i'm a new member here...but have followed this site..and others for a long time.
Imho i mean not to to put words in TB's mouth but i can understand his stance on RH and SP..neither of them really seem to be giving a toss about madeleine. It's their relentless self promotion on the back of a missing girl that sticks in my craw..who "campaigns" on their blog while trying to flog their diet book? Or claims to be a respected journo while actually causing more damage to us all who don't kowtow to the mc can'ts version of events. We may disagree with TBs assessment of things. But his opinion is based on research and experience. imo only.
mad world

Activity : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 12.02.15 15:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi i'm a new member here...but have followed this site..and others for a long time.
Imho i mean not to to put words in TB's mouth but i can understand his stance on RH and SP..neither of them really seem to be giving a toss about madeleine. It's their relentless self promotion on the back of a missing girl that sticks in my craw..who "campaigns" on their blog while trying to flog their diet book? Or claims to be a respected journo while actually causing more damage to us all who don't kowtow to the mc can'ts version of events. We may disagree with TBs assessment of things. But his opinion is based on research and experience. imo only.
welcome2 to the Forum.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 12.02.15 17:42

I agree. The trolls are, and always have been, in the McCann camp. But it is typical of their sneaky,  low-down mind set that they would twist things around and claim that their critics are trolling. When in actual fact the people that don't believe what they say are quite simply that.

People who don't believe the McCann's story. I am simply someone who does not believe a word that they say. And it would seem that people who don't believe the McCann's, or are critical of their actions, are in the vast majority.

Guess this is why TM have to play so down and dirty. The public lost sympathy for them ages ago. They are dealing the only cards they have left.

The more pressure they are under, the dirtier the tactics used, imo.

Also, the use of pejorative labels -eg: labeling their critics 'trolls' is such an obvious tactic. It's a straw-man and ad-hominem tactic, designed to ignore the real issues and instead attack the messenger. Plus label their critics with the very label that they themselves should be wearing.

So obvious.

Yawn!

I agree, I wanted to give Paulton the benefit of the doubt, but she is coming over as quite unhinged, imo. A bit of a loose cannon. And it's all me, me, me. Or that's how it seems.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by tungsten tel 12.02.15 18:07

I agree. The trolls are, and always have been, in the McCann camp. But it is typical of their sneaky,  low-down mind set that they would twist things around and claim that their critics are trolling. When in actual fact the people that don't believe what they say are quite simply that.

People who don't believe the McCann's story. I am simply someone who does not believe a word that they say. And it would seem that people who don't believe the McCann's, or are critical of their actions, are in the vast majority.

Guess this is why TM have to play so down and dirty. The public lost sympathy for them ages ago. They are dealing the only cards they have left.

The more pressure they are under, the dirtier the tactics used, imo.

Also, the use of pejorative labels -eg: labeling their critics 'trolls' is such an obvious tactic. It's a straw-man and ad-hominem tactic, designed to ignore the real issues and instead attack the messenger. Plus label their critics with the very label that they themselves should be wearing.

So obvious.

Yawn!

I agree, I wanted to give Paulton the benefit of the doubt, but she is coming over as quite unhinged, imo. A bit of a loose cannon. And it's all me, me, me. Or that's how it seems.
Maybe thats what is needed to blow this case wide open .......A self obsessed loose cannon who blurts out the truth to a wider audience ..... Will it happen ? Who knows only time will tell ......
tungsten tel

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by mad world 12.02.15 22:40

Out of interest..who would other forum members feel be the best journalist out there to properly take on this case and investigate? Oh for the likes of paul foot to still be alive today!
mad world

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 12.02.15 22:51

Maybe thats what is needed to blow this case wide open...A self-obsessed loose cannon who blurts out the truth to a wider audience...Will it happen ? Who knows only time will tell ......
Er, 'a self-obsessed loose cannon who blurts out the truth to a wider audience'?

Unfortuantely that happened 12 days ago in the Sun newspaper - over two pages.

It's a risky strategy, loose cannons tend to go off in the wrong direction...

...and here's the other loose cannon - Sonia Poulton - letting loose a little while back at someone on Twitter when she gets really angry and worked up:

BAD LANGUAGE WARNING - BEWARE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 23897

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Unit 12.02.15 22:56

Or a younger John Pilger.
G-Unit
G-Unit

Activity : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by mad world 12.02.15 23:33

^
Good call g unit..very few with that kind of integrety left. Btw tony thanks for that link..sums it perfectly how i feel
mad world

Back to top Go down

Post by crystalclear 13.02.15 4:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It seems Ms Poulton richly deserves the soubriquet 'Shrieky'. big grin .

Here's Sonia's partner cameraman showing off his long range lens:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Lee Ryan was a one time big lottery winner,he also used to live in Leicester.
crystalclear

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Empty Sonia Poulton Update

Post by G-Unit 13.02.15 8:38

More here - worth reading the comments;

G-Unit
G-Unit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.02.15 8:44

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@tungsten tel wrote:
Maybe thats what is needed to blow this case wide open...A self-obsessed loose cannon who blurts out the truth to a wider audience...Will it happen ? Who knows only time will tell ......
Er, 'a self-obsessed loose cannon who blurts out the truth to a wider audience'?

Unfortuantely that happened 12 days ago in the Sun newspaper - over two pages.

It's a risky strategy, loose cannons tend to go off in the wrong direction...

...and here's the other loose cannon - Sonia Poulton - letting loose a little while back at someone on Twitter when she gets really angry and worked up:

BAD LANGUAGE WARNING - BEWARE

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Poulto12
I'm not convinced SP tweeted the above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton Update - Page 16 Empty Sonia Poulton Update

Post by G-Unit 13.02.15 9:00

If you read my link (above) it seems to be her 'supporters'. Not people I would want associated with me I must say.
G-Unit
G-Unit

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.02.15 11:12

I'm shocked to see someone posting a photograph of themselves holding an automatic weapon.

I can't stand Twitter. The McCann hashtag is a sewer of insults.  I read it sometimes and after five minutes I don't know who's who or what's what. I read about 'threats', I read about people taking offence, screeching 'troll' and 'shill' at each other and decide it's a handful of people having a verbal punch up - none of them doing anything positive in the cause of finding justice for Madeleine.

There is one thing I find objectionable. To post a photograph of oneself holding an automatic weapon and speaking of 'ammo' is surely beyond verbal fisticuffs and if that is the partner of a 'journalist' (who is also a cameraman) who allegedly doorstepped the McCanns then I'm afraid there will be nothing positive to come from the Poulton documentary.

Just my opinion.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 12779

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum