The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 4 Mm11

New DCI - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 4 Mm11

New DCI - Page 4 Regist10

New DCI

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New DCI - Page 4 Empty Re: New DCI

Post by Liz Eagles 06.12.14 10:47

PeterMac wrote:
Woofer wrote:
Thanks for that Peter - very informative.  AR retiring quite sensible then.  He seems so young.
30 years service, and I suspect he joined from school, rather than University, so he need only be 48 or 49.

Just to bash the calculations home
Assume salary of £ 60,000
Full pension is £ 40,000 - for staying in bed.
to go to work is therefore only the extra £ 20,000
40% tax is £ 8,000
11% pension ( on the £ 60,000) is £ 6,600
so even before NI contributions the £20,000 is down to £ 5,400
A bit less than £ 3 an hour !
It used to be (apart from senior ranks I think) that regular bobbies had to retire at 55 years of age or on completion of 30 years service whichever came first. I don't know if that's changed.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.14 11:14

PeterMac wrote:By a train of thought from a tweet.

What will be Redwood's legacy.
1   - Confirmed that Death in the apartment was on their list
2   - Stated that "Madeleine did not leave the apartment alive", was on the list
3   - By searching, digging, radar-ing etc confirmed to the entire world that they were looking for a body
4   - By NOT handing out leaflets, following up sightings, visiting all parts of the globe, confirmed that they were not looking for a living person
5   - Trashed Tannerman, and therefore destroyed the main, or indeed the only plank of the "official story"
6   - Re-invents Smithman, but only to Trace Interview and Eliminate, not necessarily as an abductor, just to tie up a loose end.
7   - Kept the real investigation so close to his chest, and the security so tight that even Mitchell has to invent stories
8   - Briefed BHH so well that he leaked that Grange was a "Murder" investigation
9   - Briefed BHH so well that he stated that the "family" had handed over the Dossier of death

10  - Ate quite a lot of sardines !

Not such an impressive legacy isn't it by any standard?
I would say no. 7 is his best legacy and hope his successor keeps up this legacy.

He's got it so secured that CM clutching at straw invented this crap "A lead detective would not typically stand down if they can see a result in the pipeline".

ETA: Redwood will probably be remembered for his clever invention of the Brit "Creche Father". An invention unparalleled in the history of the MET Police Force.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.14 11:32

Woofer wrote:£40,000 for just staying at home ! not to be sniffed at eh.  Plus he could get a little part-time job or open up a home for retired cocker spaniels.

From linkedin, he went to Portsmouth University - wonder if he was there same time as me? - nah he was probably there 1981-84

Or he could become a private detective and offer his service to McCann Pte Ltd.
And for once, Brian Kennedy et al would be accurate when saying they've hired the best of the bests in the field.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 06.12.14 11:40

Woofer wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Woofer wrote:Peter Mac 
In your experience, is it usual practise to retire at the height of an investigation?
Not unusual at all.   With the exception that if a court case is pending you might stay on for a few more months to see it through.

Being a cop is just a job, like, or unlike, any other.  
Officers try not to develop emotional ties with cases, and everyone knows that there is a large cohort of people fully able to take over when you retire or move to another department.
Redwood has been in charge of a team.  He is not the "super-sleuth" of TV portrayals or Victorian Melodrama, acting on his own, kicking in his own doors, making arrests, threatening suspects and all the rest of the nonsense.

He sits in his office, and people drift in from time to time to update him on things.
Each Monday morning there will be a meeting where everyone will chip in their bit, and report how their particular area of enquiry is coming on.
The HOLMES II and ANACAPA people will reveal what is emerging.
Then he will go back to his office and make some entries in the Policy Document, explaining how the next phase is going to go, and WHY
And later that morning he will report what he is doing to the Det Supt and Det Ch Supt, who may make observations, suggest alternative strategies, authorise financial things, and then all go for coffee.

What the new girl will do is spend some time going through that Policy book, in the same way as a cold case review team would do, NOT being briefed by Redwood.
Coming to it with a fresh mind - with any luck.

Once you have completed your 30 years it makes no sense to stay on.
You could get your pension for staying at home, so you are going to work for one third of your salary.
On that third you are paying 40% tax, NI, AND they are taking a further 11% of your whole salary as Pension contributions - but your pension cannot increase, so this is simply being lost.
If you work that out you find that a Chief Supt is being paid less than the part time cleaner.

Oh, yes, and everyone hates you, because you are blocking the promotion ladder.
Thanks for that Peter - very informative.  AR retiring quite sensible then.  He seems so young.
That's how I viewed it.  Forces work the same way and I know the view is that no one is irreplaceable and go when you're times up as there will be somebody who can step into your shoes and you've done your bit for your Country.  The Establishment is a well oiled machine.
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 06.12.14 11:43

.............  he`ll now have the time to join the forum  laughat

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.14 11:47

aquila wrote:I can't summon up much enthusiasm for a new leader of the investigation. It smacks to me of handing over a poisoned chalice to someone with 22 years service who will more than likely retire/move to pastures new within approximately 3 years - just like Andy Redwood has done. The fact this new person is female and people are somewhat buoyed by that means not much to me.

I'm with you there aquila, especially after what PeterMac had said upthread "With the exception that if a court case is pending you might stay on for a few more months to see it through". So no pending court case in the near horizon it seems.

His 30 years of service is up and it's time to go. Best go while the going is good.
So......expect the case to drag on for another 8 more years til the new girl reaches retirement...
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim 06.12.14 11:52

So are we of the opinion that Grange is a pre-pension wind down for senior officers ? , a little like the BBC where fuddy duddies are put out to graze on public cash ? ....I feel a poll coming on .
Poor Madeleine .
Grim
Grim

Activity : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.12.14 12:07

Grim wrote:So are we of the opinion that Grange is a pre-pension wind down for senior officers ? , a little like the BBC where fuddy duddies are put out to graze on public cash ? ....I feel a poll coming on .
Poor Madeleine .
I remember being vociferous (gobby) when OG was set up and the age of the detectives within the team was criticised. I was of the opinion that experienced officers were a boon.

The OG team has a complement of 38 members of staff which has been cut back recently according to newspaper reports.

All teams will have natural wastage due to sickness, promotion, retirement, death etc.

I'd be interested to see a breakdown in the turnover of OG staff. That would be a yardstick (forgive the pun) to measure how the investigation is conducted imo - i.e. whether it's a six month secondment period for lower ranks.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 06.12.14 12:14

Hi all on here today or even last night. I just would like to see what others think about this .  Apart from Scotland yard being on this case ,is it not true that the PJ also opened it up again some months ago ? so have they been doing their own thing on this case ? something made them feel they have found a reason to reopen so I wonder what it really was and if is going to now come up with the things they need to go forward with the case?  Would be good if mr amaral won his case now pending ,and just maybe it could be carried forward by P J  to a real conclusion ,after all it was only shelved before . joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.12.14 12:19

aquila wrote:
It used to be (apart from senior ranks I think) that regular bobbies had to retire at 55 years of age or on completion of 30 years service whichever came first. I don't know if that's changed.
55 was the maximum age for Sgts and Pcs, Insps and above could stay till 60.
from 2015 it is going up to 60 for all, with reduced benefits and increased contributions - naturally !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.12.14 12:27

PeterMac wrote:
aquila wrote:
55 was the maximum age for Sgts and Pcs, Insps and above could stay till 60.
from 2015 it is going up to 60 for all, with reduced benefits and increased contributions - naturally !
That's a matter for the Police Federation - and I can't say I have much faith in that organisation. No doubt the Federation will be upping its fees too.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 06.12.14 12:38

joyce1938 wrote:Hi all on here today or even last night. I just would like to see what others think about this .  Apart from Scotland yard being on this case ,is it not true that the PJ also opened it up again some months ago ? so have they been doing their own thing on this case ? something made them feel they have found a reason to reopen so I wonder what it really was and if is going to now come up with the things they need to go forward with the case?  Would be good if mr amaral won his case now pending ,and just maybe it could be carried forward by P J  to a real conclusion ,after all it was only shelved before . joyce1938

Hi Joyce - supposedly the Portuguese re-opened the case on the strength of Tractorman who has been cleared. Goodness knows if they are still on the case - we never hear anything from that side.  They have got a new Public Prosecutor now, Ines Sequira, who has said she wants to get it solved quickly so maybe things are progressing over there.

I was wondering if our SY are working with the same team that is investigating it over there, or are they liaising with another team.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist 06.12.14 13:29

aquila wrote:I can't summon up much enthusiasm for a new leader of the investigation. It smacks to me of handing over a poisoned chalice to someone with 22 years service who will more than likely retire/move to pastures new within approximately 3 years - just like Andy Redwood has done. The fact this new person is female and people are somewhat buoyed by that means not much to me.

Here's another recent outgoing SY female (gone to the Foreign Office to take up a role in goodness knows what as it's an unspecified director-general level posting.

Cressida Dick, Assistant Commissioner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cressida_Dick

For the second time, I find myself in accord with Aquila, the gender of the person in charge of this 'investigation' is totally irrelevant, what is relevant is their remit.

You'll soon know what this remit is if the investigation continues in the vein of seeking fictitious or deceased paedophiles with a prediliction for openly carrying 3 yr. old children around the streets of Praia Du Luz between the hrs. of 9 and 10.0  pm.
Realist

Activity : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.12.14 13:40

aquila wrote:I remember being vociferous (gobby) when OG was set up and the age of the detectives within the team was criticised. I was of the opinion that experienced officers were a boon.

There are advantages to be had from using experienced officers if the advantages are used to the optimal level. That said, even experienced ones can sometimes have inept moments (eg. Tia sharp case).

Putting an experienced but about to retire one in charge of a complicating complex high profile case seems a tad redundant and shortsighted. Unless they did not expect the longevity of the investigation to out last the Officer's employment longevity.

It has been over 3 years now.....who would have thought a cold-case review would last this long?
I didn't. I'd given it two years max, and looks like multiplying it by 2 might be about right. I'll be very surprised if closure is not forthcoming within the ensuing 6 months max.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 06.12.14 14:08

She, Nick Nick, is also a trained hostage and crisis negotiator
----------------------------------

World 'EXCLUSIFF'!

"Our Skycopter is circling Rothely Manor as you can see, Operation Strange police officers have the house surrounded. Any news Martin?"

"Well, Kate, i heard that DCI Nick Nick was negotiating with K&G, to come out of the house, but it would appear Mr is armed with a jemmy, or, erm......... whatever you call it"

"I believe the news that they might have been involved, which i thought all along, and have said so, repeatedly, in their daughter's 'disappearance', has led to this situation today, came from a local source, Martin'

"Interestingly Kate, my sources tell me the information came from a person who says she hadn't believed a word, the parents and their friends have said, about the child's 'disappearance' from day one"

"Ok, Martin, if you could firm up whether there are any other local people that don't, and never have, believed, like me and you, that  an 'abduction' ever took place, in the first place, that would be brilliant, thankyou"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DCI (same rank as DCI Redwood at OG) Clive Driscoll, ('removed' from Lambeth children's homes abuse investigation)

But got SL 'convictions'

DCI Driscoll: "there is no doubt that there were mistakes made in this investigation (SL) and there is much debate about whether those mistakes were corruption mistakes or incompetent mistakes"

Interviewer: "In your view were most of the 'mistakes' down to incompetence or is there something more SINISTER?"

DCI Driscoll: "the difference between incompetence and corruption is a bit like a bad tackle at football, the person who knows is the person who made the tackle, you know, i could be incompetent all day long if you want."

Interviewer "What's your sense?"

DCI Driscoll: "My sense was i couldn't work certain things out, there were certain incidents, there were certain inquiries, which didn't appear to be progressed, there were certain, um, PARTS of 'the investigation' THAT REALLY DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME AT ALL, but i never investigated whether that was corruption or is it incompetent"

Interviewer: "But what does corruption look like?"

DCI Driscoll: "Question i've asked myself many times, what is corruption, i mean is corruption going behind a pub somewhere and getting an envelope full of 50 quid notes and thats corruption, or is corruption that you don't go down a certain path, you don't follow a certain inquiry, and therefore YOU MAKE SOMEONE VERY HAPPY THAT YOU HAVEN'T FOLLOWED THAT INQUIRY and THEREFORE, YOUR NEXT PROMOTION IS EASIER FOR YOU?  Your CV looks a bit more glamourous by the time you finish your career and at the end of your pension you could have earnt considerably more than what you'd ever stuff in an envelope so what is corruption...."
------------------------------------
'WHERE are those T9 statements, and PJ files, team?"

"WHAT T9 statements and PJ files, Nic?"

"Nick, Nick."
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat 06.12.14 14:28

BlueBag wrote:Man.. woman.. black.. white.. gay.. straight...

Makes no difference.

Short of a revolution the decisions made will be political.
Blue Bag - I am sorry to say that is my view as well.  sad1
deafoldbat
deafoldbat

Activity : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 06.12.14 17:14

agree

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 06.12.14 17:55

I think it somewhat significant that the McCanns thanked AR for his work and acknowledged his retirement... but have had nothing to say about the new DCI. Not even a whisper of, "We welcome DCI Wall. Perhaps new eyes on the investigation will at last be able to discover what happened to Madeleine."

Their silence to me speaks volumes.
Not a good thing for the McCanns, imo.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.14 18:27

canada12 wrote:I think it somewhat significant that the McCanns thanked AR for his work and acknowledged his retirement... but have had nothing to say about the new DCI. Not even a whisper of, "We welcome DCI Wall. Perhaps new eyes on the investigation will at last be able to discover what happened to Madeleine."

I wonder if they will get on first name terms    -    call me Nicola ???

I'm encouraged by this new DCI (could be wrong I admit), but she sounds like an ambitious go-getter.

Quiet Christmas in Rothley on the cards perhaps ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.12.14 20:00

jeanmonroe wrote:SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE.

THe Leicestershire Social Services NEED to 'check' on the 'twins'..........right NOW!

TODAY, preferably!

But certainly in the 'next' week.

"Press button and we'd ALL be gone"

"Car crash wipes us ALL out"

If, IF, this new 'boss' is totally 'kosher' there's no telling what 'some' people might do, is there?

I agree. I have always been concerned about the welfare of the twins. And the scenes of 'ordinary family life' chez McCann depicted in the truly dreadful 'Madeleine was Here' series - where Gerry is quite literally unable to make eye-contact with Amelie, are very , very disturbing, imo. Amelie is also not enthusiastic about Kate letting Gerry into the kitchen. If this is how they behave when the cameras are rolling, I dread to think what happens behind closed doors.

An opinion only.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.12.14 20:05

MRNOODLES wrote:Please move or remove if need be.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cop-who-led-4753080

The Mirror link about Redwood leaving has an extremely telling clip of video (which for me has made a penny drop)

Kirsty Young asks about going staight to the swimming pool when the McCanns first get there.  Is the Mirror trying to say something to its readers?

I have always been very curious about the alleged swimming episode. Knowing the Mcs, it never happened and it's a metaphor for something else. I've been to the Algarve at that time of year and the water, even in a shallow small pool, is cold. The most a child of nearly four would do would be to jump in and maybe do one small length. That would be it, imo.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 06.12.14 20:12

Ladyinred wrote:From today's Telegraph:

"...Portuguese police closed down their investigation into her death in 2008 but the Met launched its own operation three years later.

Mr and Mrs McCann paid tribute to Mr Redwood's work on the investigation into their daughter's disappearance.
In a statement, they said: "We would really like to thank Andy Redwood for his commitment to the search for Madeleine. We appreciate everything he has done and the great progress that has been made under his leadership.
"We are sure the investigation will continue in the same positive way under his successor DCI Wall.
"We don't think Andy could have done more for our family, especially for Madeleine."

What a load of BS! So Redwood's remit was simply to add confusion, was it? And find a sock and a few bones. All paid for by the tax-payer. And no doubt he is leaving with a nice big golden handshake! Disgraceful.
j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 06.12.14 20:22

j.rob wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:Please move or remove if need be.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cop-who-led-4753080

The Mirror link about Redwood leaving has an extremely telling clip of video (which for me has made a penny drop)

Kirsty Young asks about going staight to the swimming pool when the McCanns first get there.  Is the Mirror trying to say something to its readers?

I have always been very curious about the alleged swimming episode. Knowing the Mcs, it never happened and it's a metaphor for something else. I've been to the Algarve at that time of year and the water, even in a shallow small pool, is cold. The most a child of nearly four would do would be to jump in and maybe do one small length. That would be it, imo.

That's as may be for the average child and/or its parent, jrob, but we're talking about an almost 4year old who, according to Uncle Philyerboots, plunged into the icy waters off the coast of Donagal barely a month earlier during the grand Easter reunion of 26, 36, 40 members of clan McCann which, as far as I can recall, included a long deceased relative who was disinterred for the occasion, big grin

ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 07.12.14 6:20

canada12 wrote:I think it somewhat significant that the McCanns thanked AR for his work and acknowledged his retirement... but have had nothing to say about the new DCI. Not even a whisper of, "We welcome DCI Wall. Perhaps new eyes on the investigation will at last be able to discover what happened to Madeleine."

She just hasn't been told she's their 'bitch' yet.
The second she veers from the official version of events she'll be put in her place.

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 07.12.14 6:26

j.rob wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE.

THe Leicestershire Social Services NEED to 'check' on the 'twins'..........right NOW!

TODAY, preferably!

But certainly in the 'next' week.

"Press button and we'd ALL be gone"

"Car crash wipes us ALL out"

If, IF, this new 'boss' is totally 'kosher' there's no telling what 'some' people might do, is there?

I agree. I have always been concerned about the welfare of the twins. And the scenes of 'ordinary family life' chez McCann depicted in the truly dreadful 'Madeleine was Here' series - where Gerry is quite literally unable to make eye-contact with Amelie, are very , very disturbing, imo. Amelie is also not enthusiastic about Kate letting Gerry into the kitchen. If this is how they behave when the cameras are rolling, I dread to think what happens behind closed doors.

An opinion only.
I've wondered about them recently too. I wonder how their school is briefed to deal with children who make hurtful comments, as children do! I can't see any way they can grow up without being damaged by the whole affair and none of it is their fault. They will always be 'Maddie's brother and sister' and I imagine they will be brainwashed to carry on searching and believing. In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum