The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Mm11

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Mm11

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Regist10

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’

Post by Bishop Brennan 24.11.14 7:13

Joss wrote:Gordon Brown to STEP DOWN as MP: Former Prime Minister will quit at next election after 32 years in the Commons, sources say 

• Gordon Brown will formally announce plans to stand down 'within days'
  • Sources say he wants to bow out 'on a high' after showing in referendum
  • Former Prime Minister has been an MP in the Commons for 32 years
  • Comes in the wake of Alistair Darling also announcing plans to step down

By Thomas Burrows for MailOnline

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845713/Gordon-Brown-STEP-MP-Former-Prime-Minister-step-days-32-years-Commons-sources-claim.html#ixzz3JwdXReMu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm not seeing too much behind Brown's resignation. He did do a good job in the Referendum, his speech at the end was very good and not a bad final legacy to leave. He's rarely in parliament these days and has retired in all but name since being booted out as leader. Few leaders stay long after that.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’

Post by Sam S 24.11.14 8:41

Huge news indeed. It would take something truly massive to take these headlines off the front pages....say something like a "terrorist" attack in a major British city. Just my opinion.
Sam S
Sam S

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.11.14 9:13

Sam S wrote:Huge news indeed. It would take something truly massive to take these headlines off the front pages....say something like a "terrorist" attack in a major British city. Just my opinion.

Something like this ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846516/Jihadi-attack-UK-inevitable-Police-fear-beheading-lone-wolf-shopping-centre-farmers-told-lock-fertiliser-foil-bombers.html
Jihadi attack on UK 'inevitable': Police fear a beheading by 'lone wolf' in shopping centre and farmers are told to lock up fertiliser to foil bombers
Home secretary says jihadis are one of the greatest threats UK has faced
Top police officer says five major plots foiled this year alone
New laws being implemented to tackle home-grown terror threat

Britain is facing an ‘almost inevitable’ attack by fanatics who have been ‘militarised’ by Islamic State, according to police and security officials.
In speeches today, Theresa May and senior police will warn that the ‘diverse’ terrorist threat posed by jihadis returning from Syria and Iraq is one of the greatest this country has ever faced.
Potential attacks could range from a ‘lone wolf’ beheading in a crowded shopping centre or street, to a bomb plot using fertiliser stolen from British farms. One Whitehall official told the Mail: ‘It is almost inevitable that something is going to happen in the next few months.’
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 24.11.14 9:34

"Now where did we put those tanks that we parked at Heathrow?"
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 24.11.14 12:36

Sonia Poulton ‏

[ltr]@SoniaPoulton[/ltr]

23m23 minutes ago

Yes, let's get D-Notices on the table, please. #CSAinquiry
I've questions for Tony Blair on this one. #IfYouDontLikeWhatPapersSayGagThem
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.11.14 12:46

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Joss wrote:Gordon Brown to STEP DOWN as MP: Former Prime Minister will quit at next election after 32 years in the Commons, sources say 

• Gordon Brown will formally announce plans to stand down 'within days'
  • Sources say he wants to bow out 'on a high' after showing in referendum
  • Former Prime Minister has been an MP in the Commons for 32 years
  • Comes in the wake of Alistair Darling also announcing plans to step down

By Thomas Burrows for MailOnline

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845713/Gordon-Brown-STEP-MP-Former-Prime-Minister-step-days-32-years-Commons-sources-claim.html#ixzz3JwdXReMu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm not seeing too much behind Brown's resignation.  He did do a good job in the Referendum, his speech at the end was very good and not a bad final legacy to leave.  He's rarely in parliament these days and has retired in all but name since being booted out as leader.   Few leaders stay long after that.  
I tend to agree BB.    I wonder if he will follow Blair and Thatcher and hit the American circuit?  Plenty dosh to be made there as we have seen previously.

Sooner he goes the better IMO.  

MPs also get a payout when they leave offfice something like 30 grand or more I believe, not sure if a former PM would get more.   Money goes to them left, right and centre once they get an MPship.   PAH.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 25.11.14 8:10

And here we have the man who placed a D Notice on Dunblane and other cover ups involving child abuse getting a global award from Save The Children  no

And they think we can`t see their plan

http://rt.com/uk/207387-blair-award-sparks-outrage/

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 25.11.14 16:02

I thought it was Blair who put a D-notice (now called a DA notice) on Dunblane. Gordon the phone-chucker came later.
comperedna

Activity : 781

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 25.11.14 16:06

I agree with Bishop Brennan.  Gordon's going when Socrates is being prosecuted for corruption is likely to be co-incidence. The bloke has been taking his parliamentary salary for months and months and he has hardly ever been seen in the place. His work for the UN is a big new interest. He wants to go out on a high and he came over very well during the successful campaign to keep Scotland as part of the United Kingdom.
comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 25.11.14 17:28

He wants to go out on a high and he came over very well during the successful campaign to keep Scotland as part of the United Kingdom.
-------------------------------------

"successful"?

We'll see about tthat!

Only took Cameron a few HOURS to start to 'renege' on 'the VOW' didn't it?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/16/cameron-miliband-clegg-pledge-daily-record

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Vow10

"successful"?

We'll see.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna 25.11.14 17:34

Don't get me wrong, Jean!  I men successful as far as HE was concerned... I was rooting for the other side too!
comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim 25.11.14 19:04

Woofer wrote:And here we have the man who placed a D Notice on Dunblane and other cover ups involving child abuse getting a global award from Save The Children  no

There's a rumour going around that blair asked for the cash equivalent ! , whatever next Dr G McCann receiving a bravery award ?
Grim
Grim

Activity : 32

Back to top Go down

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Empty Horrible Tony Blair...Dubious Save The Children...

Post by missbeetle 25.11.14 21:25

Woofer wrote:And here we have the man who placed a D Notice on Dunblane and other cover ups involving child abuse getting a global award from Save The Children  no

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 %3Ca%20href=Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Rt_zps12684b71
(clipped from Woofer's link above)

What a gruesome man. Especially so all highlighted in purple and gold.

I would feel morally obliged to hit him with my shoe, should I ever run into him.

Save The Children - how gutting for all the decent people who have worked for them...

...and for all the good hearts who have donated their time and money to trying to help poor children.

It's another charity which seems to miss out on the basics (like spellcheck) :
Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 %3Ca%20href=Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Stc_zps55275ac7
(snipped from Google)

...whilst throwing an Illumination Gala at the Plaza in New York...

...giving Tony Blair this award in front of Lassie?

Anybody else remember the fake vaccination campaign in Pakistan...?

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 25.11.14 21:38

Programme on C4 Now about Pedophiles and abuse in the 70.s inc PIE . its shocking especially as it mentioned how Harriet Harman and Hewitt listened to PIE and the Government of the day allowed them to infiltrate our schools and services .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Empty Did anyone else watch 'The Paedophile Nextdoor' ?

Post by joti26 26.11.14 0:16

I had mixed feelings about watching this but did as I was hoping for some insight into what possesses them. I was almost abducted when I was 12 in the middle of a town centre on my way to get a bus home so it is a thing close to my heart. It also left me with mixed feelings, on the one hand it has to be addressed but on the other hand it left me wondering whether in light of current investigations into the powers that be that it is an attempt to groom us into believing that it is some kind of illness, therefore, lessening it as a crime in our minds before the proverbial s*** hits the fan! Be interested to hear what you all thought.
joti26
joti26

Activity : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 26.11.14 3:16

Most of those so called leaders and ex leaders should be facing crimes against humanity, especially Bush & Bliar, especially for the fake war on terror, IMO.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 26.11.14 11:54

joti26 wrote:I had mixed feelings about watching this but did as I was hoping for some insight into what possesses them. I was almost abducted when I was 12 in the middle of a town centre on my way to get a bus home so it is a thing close to my heart. It also left me with mixed feelings, on the one hand it has to be addressed but on the other hand it left me wondering whether in light of current investigations into the powers that be that it is an attempt to groom us into believing that it is some kind of illness, therefore, lessening it as a crime in our minds before the proverbial s*** hits the fan! Be interested to hear what you all thought.

That last line is exacly what i posted on the Mail online , it is a preemptive strike , so when as you put, names are named they will be seen as victims .
My second point i posted if the man featured on the C4 expose " Eddie " moved into my town, id make a killing by opening a sweet shop , was whooshed !!! big grin
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Empty Petition

Post by Grim 26.11.14 12:10

missbeetle wrote:

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 %3Ca%20href=Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Rt_zps12684b71
(clipped from Woofer's link above)

What a gruesome man. Especially so all highlighted in purple and gold.

I would feel morally obliged to hit him with my shoe, should I ever run into him.

Save The Children - how gutting for all the decent people who have worked for them...

...and for all the good hearts who have donated their time and money to trying to help poor children.

It's another charity which seems to miss out on the basics (like spellcheck) :
Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 %3Ca%20href=Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Stc_zps55275ac7
(snipped from Google)

...whilst throwing an Illumination Gala at the Plaza in New York...

...giving Tony Blair this award in front of Lassie?

Anybody else remember the fake vaccination campaign in Pakistan...?

My thoughts only.

There's now a petition to have this award revoked https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-save-the-children-charity-from-giving-tony-blair-their-annual-global-legacy-award
Grim
Grim

Activity : 32

Back to top Go down

Media ‘gagged over bid to report MP child sex cases’ - Page 2 Empty Google asked to Extend Right to Forget

Post by Bishop Brennan 27.11.14 4:02

In a move that will take nobody by surprise, the UK and European governments are attempting to expand the "Right to be Forgotten" beyond the initial boundaries. At the moment, if you are in the USA you can use the USA version of Google (where censorship is currently banned). If you are in Europe you can navigate to the US site and search there.

UK and Europe want Google to stop their citizens from accessing the USA search tool and thereby getting around the UK/European censorship that they have successfully implemented here.

More details in this BBC story:

UK wants to extend Google Censorship

Internet censorship is now getting a full head of steam. The laws against 'terrorism' are now targeting Facebook and Twitter. The ISPs are to monitor who is accessing what and when (and keep the records). The Google censorship is in place and now to be expanded. It's clear that the government is sick fed up of the internet exposing all the dark corners and is determined to stop it.

Very sad to see. Especially in the UK which in the past has been a great champion of freedom and open expression. Those days are now long gone, replaced with control, xenophobia and the end of free-speech.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 27.11.14 7:21

Bishop Brennan wrote:In a move that will take nobody by surprise, the UK and European governments are attempting to expand the "Right to be Forgotten" beyond the initial boundaries.  At the moment, if you are in the USA you can use the USA version of Google (where censorship is currently banned).  If you are in Europe you can navigate to the US site and search there.

UK and Europe want Google to stop their citizens from accessing the USA search tool and thereby getting around the UK/European censorship that they have successfully implemented here.

More details in this BBC story:

UK wants to extend Google Censorship

Internet censorship is now getting a full head of steam.  The laws against 'terrorism' are now targeting Facebook and Twitter.   The ISPs are to monitor who is accessing what and when (and keep the records).  The Google censorship is in place and now to be expanded.    It's clear that the government is sick fed up of the internet exposing all the dark corners and is determined to stop it.

Very sad to see.  Especially in the UK which in the past has been a great champion of freedom and open expression.  Those days are now long gone, replaced with control, xenophobia and the end of free-speech.  
Is it only Google that is being affected in the U.K & Europe?  Can you access other search engines?
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 27.11.14 8:23

Joss wrote:

Is it only Google that is being affected in the U.K & Europe?  Can you access other search engines?

Originally I thought it was only Google, but further research shows that ALL search providers must comply. Here's an article that confirms that BING (the Microsoft search engine that also powers Yahoo search) has meekly accepted the UK / EU censorship directive.

Bing implementing "Right to be Forgotten"

The government has finally realised that the best way to implement censorship on the internet is to directly target the big players and their corporate bottom line. Now that they've worked out how to do it, we are seeing the pace of censorship increase almost by the day. Each and every news story is used to justify it further - whether it's child abuse (by others - not by people in authority!), terrorism or on-line bullying (trolling) - the censorship net is being drawn in tighter and tighter...

It's desperate to watch - to see the once-proud heritage of Britain being eroded, simply to allow the authorities to retain full control and keep information away from the general public.

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 27.11.14 8:42

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Joss wrote:

Originally I thought it was only Google, but further research shows that ALL search providers must comply.   Here's an article that confirms that BING (the Microsoft search engine that also powers Yahoo search) has meekly accepted the UK / EU censorship directive.    

Bing implementing "Right to be Forgotten"

The government has finally realised that the best way to implement censorship on the internet is to directly target the big players and their corporate bottom line.  Now that they've worked out how to do it, we are seeing the pace of censorship increase almost by the day.  Each and every news story is used to justify it further - whether it's child abuse (by others - not by people in authority!), terrorism or on-line bullying (trolling) - the censorship net is being drawn in tighter and tighter...  

It's desperate to watch - to see the once-proud heritage of Britain being eroded, simply to allow the authorities to retain full control and keep information away from the general public.  

Thanks for posting the info. Wow, that just isn't right. People need to protest about it to their local representatives i think.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 27.11.14 9:14

Joss wrote:
Thanks for posting the info. Wow, that just isn't right. People need to protest about it to their local representatives i think.

No prob. There is, sadly, no benefit in complaining to local representatives as they are precisely the ones voting in the new censorship legislation. The only chance of defeating this in the medium to long-term is to protest to / write to the companies involved (Google / Facebook etc.). If they start losing customers then they will take action and stand up to the EU. In fact Google have already started complaining (and rightly so) because it's costing them a lot of money. Suddenly they need an entire department to decide whether a 'right to be forgotten' request is valid or not. They are not geared up to be law enforcers or guardians of the public interest. They are Search Engine! And yet now they find themselves as the (no cost) editing and censorship department of the EU.

And because Google is all about the money, it is far easier to comply with these requests (especially when they are submitted by powerful legal-letters) than fight them. They already have to shoulder ALL the costs of this new operation, and adding legal battles is a cost they simply will not take on. Why should they. Their role is to make money not preserve information for the public good.

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 27.11.14 9:35

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Joss wrote:

No prob.   There is, sadly, no benefit in complaining to local representatives as they are precisely the ones voting in the new censorship legislation.  The only chance of defeating this in the medium to long-term is to protest to / write to the companies involved (Google / Facebook etc.).   If they start losing customers then they will take action and stand up to the EU.   In fact Google have already started complaining (and rightly so) because it's costing them a lot of money.  Suddenly they need an entire department to decide whether a 'right to be forgotten' request is valid or not.  They are not geared up to be law enforcers or guardians of the public interest.  They are Search Engine!  And yet now they find themselves as the (no cost) editing and censorship department of the EU.  

And because Google is all about the money, it is far easier to comply with these requests (especially when they are submitted by powerful legal-letters) than fight them.  They already have to shoulder ALL the costs of this new operation, and adding legal battles is a cost they simply will not take on.  Why should they.  Their role is to make money not preserve information for the public good.  

ITA, it is very unfair to Google, and its good they are making a stand on it. And i agree they are not there in a legal capacity to censor the internet as to what people use a search engine to gain their information from.
And as there are already laws in place for illegal internet activity i don't understand such a right to be forgotten BS. I have never heard of it before until i saw it mentioned here. Maybe the U.K. need a constitution similar to the U.S. for freedom of speech etc. Sounds like the UK has some very archaic laws to me. The whole system needs to implode IMO.
Joss
Joss

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.11.14 15:36

So, NO 'reporting' on when the McCanns 'lost' their libel claim case, against police officer GA?  winkwink

Unlike NOW, when Mitchell has just LOST his libel claim case, against police officer Rowland and News UK (Murdoch's Sun newspaper!)

Gonna 'cost' Mitchell, about £1 MILLION!

Oh dear.

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE  'PLEB', THAT MITCHELL IS! laughat

Still, Mitchell can now be 'nominated' by Cameron, alongside, 'sacked' Andrew Lansley, for a top UN HUMANITARIAN ( laughat ) job!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/27/labour-criticises-andrew-lansley-nomination-top-un-job

Labour has criticised the David Cameron’s “unbelievable” decision to put forward sacked cabinet minister Andrew Lansley for a top humanitarian job at the United Nations.

Mary Creagh, the shadow development secretary, said it appeared the prime minister has gifted a “top UN humanitarian job as consolation prize to Andrew Lansley for sacking him” as leader of the House of Commons.

It’s an act of great cynicism to allow someone who does not have background and qualification in this area to be put forward.”

Should 'suit' Mitchell down to the ground then! winkwink

OMG! 'COSTS' AGAINST MITCHELL COULD BE £3 MILLION!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top