The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

ANOTHER TV programme about Madeleine - Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Channel 5 - 'Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession'

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ANOTHER TV programme about Madeleine - Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Channel 5 - 'Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession'

Post by plebgate on 16.11.14 0:14

another zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz programme then?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANOTHER TV programme about Madeleine - Tuesday 18 November, 7pm, Channel 5 - 'Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession'

Post by Gaggzy on 16.11.14 2:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:MORE ABOUT 'THE GLOBAL OBSESSION' HERE FROM 'TV RAGE

Martin Frizell travels to Praia de Luz for Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession, Tuesday at 7pm on Channel 5

Former GMTV editor and journalist Martin Frizell travels to Praia de Luz in Portugal to retrace the final hours leading up to Madeleine's disappearance in Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession, airing on Tuesday 18th November at 7pm on Channel 5. With exclusive insight he examines how a family's worst nightmare became breaking news and turned into one of the biggest stories of all time.

In Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession, he interviews key players who witnessed the McCann tragedy unfold first hand. Kate Garraway, presenting GMTV at the time, took the first call live on air from a distressed family friend of the McCanns in Portugal. It was just after 8am on Friday 4th May 2007 and Jill Renwick was frustrated by the lack organisation on the ground in the hunt for Madeleine. After the show Frizell as the programme editor sent her on the first plane out to be one of the first British journalists on the ground in Portugal.

Kate Garraway, newsreader and television presenter said: "If you [Martin Frizell], as the editor, hadn't been in the gallery, giving instructions, I'm not sure that the producer of the day would have put that call through to the studio, because it's such an unusual thing it almost needed the kind of authority of the editor to say, "Let's do it." Well, suddenly the mood of the whole show changed, I think, from that moment on air, that it wasn't a fun Friday moment. You were aware that something big was happening."

Mary Nightingale, newsreader and television presenter said: "Some stories appear and then disappear quite quickly but this one really had legs. I think for any parent...any mother of a child that age it kind of hit me in the chest...In a way that not many stories do"

Hundreds more journalists followed. Everybody wanted the story. Madeleine McCann's angelic face sold newspapers and TV viewers around the world were gripped. No one could get enough. Everyone desperately wanted to be the first to answer the question 'What happened to Madeleine McCann?'

But after months and no new leads into her disappearance, the media turned on the parents.

Martin Frizell said: "What followed was a sustained inaccurate and malicious series of headlines in newspapers suggesting somehow that the McCanns had been involved with the death of their own daughter....they were so cruel that even the Chief Constable of Leicestershire himself, appealed to the press twice to show restraint but not all of them did."

Judy Bachrach, Contributing Editor at Vanity Fair said: "They [the McCanns] were told by child abduction experts "If you cry on television...the kidnapper might get off on that." Horrible though that sounds, so she had to keep a stoic face on television. She couldn't weep, she couldn't look distraught and so she looked kind of like a robot, she looked mechanical, not only to her friends or in Praia da Luz, but all over the World; on TV and on the Internet and in newspapers. So that backfired because everybody, including the police in Portugal, including the news outlets were saying, "How come the mother isn't crying? Her child is missing"

Michael Cole, PR advisor to Mohamed Al Fayed said: "The monstering of the McCanns by the British Media is one of the most shameful episodes of the British free press. It should not have happened. Perhaps it was the heat of the Algarve sun or the fact that they were a long way from Fleet Street, though a collective madness seemed to afflict the whole of the British Press corp."

Seven years on the hunt for Madeleine still commands headlines and front pages around the world but as the documentary explains it is not without controversy.

Amanda Platell, Daily Mail columnist said: "Her disappearance divided the Nation on class lines because I lost count of the number of people who wrote to me and said, "You know, if she had been the daughter of, you know, a couple of unemployed people living in Liverpool, she would have been off the front pages in a matter of days."

For the father of seven year old Daniel Entwistle who went missing on his way to buy sweets in 2003 this could not be truer. "They got Daniel on camera going past the garage and that's the last sight of him" said father David Entwistle. After the initial media interest, stories about Daniel were quietly dropped, and eleven years on he has still not been found.

Martin Frizell asks: "So why is Madeleine McCann still on the front pages all these years on? Sure, the story sells newspapers, it boosts ratings but it's because of you. You want to know. Whether it's because of your cynicism of the McCanns and the way they've marketed their daughter, because it's the unsolved mystery, because perhaps it's every parent's worst nightmare or there but for the grace of God go I. Whatever the reason, you'd have to have a cold heart indeed not wish closure on this for the McCanns and that story, the eventual discovery of Madeleine will be the biggest yet."

http://www.tvrage.com/news/11136/martin-frizell-travels-to-praia-de-luz-for-madeleine-mccann-a-global-obsession-tuesday-at-7pm-on-channel-5

Just reading that single paragraph about 7-year-old Daniel Entwistle, sums up why the majority of the public are fed-up to the back teeth of hearing about the McCanns.

It just feels extremely likely that the poor boy was abducted by evil and is no longer alive.

Where's his family's 'fighting fund?'

Media Spokesman?

World famous libel lawyers?

Visit to the Vatican?

Space on Lorraine Kelly's chaise-lounge?

Bewk?

It's just sickening.
Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 16.11.14 3:47

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Martin Frizell asks: "So why is Madeleine McCann still on the front pages all these years on? Sure, the story sells newspapers, it boosts ratings but it's because of you. You want to know. Whether it's because of your cynicism of the McCanns and the way they've marketed their daughter, because it's the unsolved mystery, because perhaps it's every parent's worst nightmare or there but for the grace of God go I. "

I think the reason for the fascination and the longevity of the story is simple. It's the same reason as the death of Jon-Benet Ramsay. In both cases a cute middle-class girl sadly died. In both cases after the initial search for an intruder, it suddenly looked as though the parents were involved. In both cases the investigating police were convinced that the parents were involved. In both cases there was strong circumstantial evidence that the parents were involved.

In ALL the other stories of missing children there isn't even a whiff of parental involvement. This makes them sad but ultimately uninteresting. So the "every parent's worst nightmare" reason is nonsense and disingenuous. No, its 100% because there is still the very strong suspicion in MANY people's mind that Amaral was right to conclude that Maddie died in 5A, that the parents were involved in hiding the body and in creating a fake abduction.

Even those who believe the parents are aware of the sheer horror and depravity that is required to do such a thing. The background possibility that maybe, just maybe Kate and Gerry were involved is what creates the enduring fascination with the story. Without that ever-present suspense and possibility this story would have been forgotten as quickly as all the others.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 16.11.14 6:26

May I venture the opinion that the global obsession with Maddie persists because:

(1) The campaign to publicise Madeleine was designed to be as global as possible and...

(2) The McCanns and the media won't friggin' let it drop!!!!

In my opinion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 16.11.14 6:43

And if one of the aims of this global coverage was to promote Kate and Gerry into the "well known celebrity" category, and perhaps seemingly beyond reproach, they ought to be reminded of two very well known celebrities who were in the news recently... Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 16.11.14 7:24

@Brian Griffin wrote:May I venture the opinion that the global obsession with Maddie persists because:

(1) The campaign to publicise Madeleine was designed to be as global as possible and...

In my opinion.
thumbsup

The media 'Mafia' are the ones that know why only one side of the story is being pushed through their outlets.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 16.11.14 9:29

I cant recall every detail ,but does anyone here recall a topic about The press receiving a call just about midnight of the time maddie went ? there was talk of that being first to know and maybe print in the paper for next day ??joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 16.11.14 11:46

@joyce1938 wrote:I cant recall every detail ,but does anyone here recall a topic about The press receiving a call just about midnight of the time maddie went ? there was talk of that being first to know and maybe print in the paper for next day ??joyce1938
I hope these examinations will include a look into what was probably the very first press mention of this case, a press release by the Foreign Office that came out a minute or so after midnight, a bare two hours after Kate McCann announced that Madeleine was missing.

The "Buried by the Mainstream" documentarist, surprisingly, is not aware of this fact, which would be quite significant to his investigations, since it indicates British government involvement in the case became apparent almost literally immediately after Kate's announcement in Praya da Luz, a fact that strongly suggests that the government was very likely involved even before she made her announcement.

The story in question appeared on the telegraph.co.uk website at one minute after midnight on the night Madeleine's disappearance was announced by Kate McCann.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1026614/pg1
Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 16.11.14 12:02

Yes I had thought it was told by a family member ,ofcourse it soon got forgotten ,maybe it was ignored for purposeof gov. I just thought a lot more people would have remembered that bit of news,maybe it was discussed on another site I used to read and occasionally post on . Also a lot of people may not have heard about it ,if newish to the site.joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 16.11.14 12:33

I did not know this. Does anyone know what the FO protocol is in relation to press releases in such situations? Sounds very odd to me especially as Madeleine had only been missing for 2 hours. I think a normal reaction after only 2 hours would be that she had wandered off somewhere or that she would be quickly found. 
I would expect the FO to confirm information received with official channels such as the Portuguese FO or the PJ. As we all know Dr A didn`t believe the abduction theory which is where the Portuguese FO would have got their info.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 16.11.14 13:04

@aquila wrote:With thanks to Parapono who attended the compensation trial. Here is Brunty on his knee (the day after an exclusive where he met the McCanns on arrival in Lisbon).

What is the position vis a vis Martin Brunt and the McCanns? Does he sincerely believe that there was in fact a kidnapping of their daughter in which they weren't complicit, or is he simply following orders to retain his overpaid, parasitical vocation in life. IE. Does he have any plausible explanation as to how a kidnapping could have occured in the timeline provided by the McCanns? Does he have any ideas on whom may have have conducted a kidnapping and the reasons why such an act was perpetrated in the vein that there was no attempt to demand some kind of ransom?

Realist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 16.11.14 13:14

Two other threads regarding the Telegraph story, but there are probably more:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3109-three-year-old-feared-abducted-in-portugal?highlight=telegraph+12+01

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3049p50-is-scotland-yard-fit-to-carry-out-madeleine-mccann-review

The original Telegraph posting timed at 12.01 on 4th May 2007 has this:

Three year-old feared abducted in Portugal

By staff and agencies

12:01AM BST 04 May 2007

A three-year-old British girl has gone missing while on a family holiday in Portugal, the Foreign Office said today.
Portuguese police are investigating the disappearance from a holiday complex in Praia da Luz in the western Algarve.
A Foreign Office spokesman said that he understood the girl's parents had gone to have dinner once their children were asleep last night, but returned to check on them only to find the girl had gone missing.
"They reported it straight away," he said, adding that consular assistance was being offered.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatfeedback/4203859/Three-year-old-feared-abducted-in-Portugal.html

which has about the right level of detail for a ‘first hit’ and with the timing looks to me almost like an embargoed story, which would therefore take it back to earlier than KM’s initial ‘abduction’ shout at whatever time that really was.

The story then miraculously developed into this, still showing the same date and time, but which has far too much information to have been published at 12.01., almost as if they were trying to cover-up the original report (surely not!) and illustrate that the time and date can’t possibly have been right.

Three year-old feared abducted in Portugal

Madeline McCann was due to start school in September 

By staff and agencies
12:01AM BST 04 May 2007

The parents of a British toddler who has gone missing while on holiday in Portugal say they fear she has been abducted.
Three-year-old Madeline McCann disappeared last night from her parent’s rented apartment in the Western Algarve, while they dined nearby.

Sniffer dogs have been brought in by Portuguese detectives to comb the Mark Warner resort where the girl was staying and the nearby seaside village of Praia da Luz.
A family friend said the child’s parents, Gerald and Kate McCann, were certain she had been kidnapped.
Jill Renwick, told GMTV: “They were just watching the hotel room and going back every half-hour and the shutters had been broken open and they had gone into the room and taken Madeleine. They went out about eight, went back in at nine, they were fine, went back in at 10 and she was gone.”
She described the missing girl as a “very pretty, very blonde three-year-old” and said the couple, from Leicester, also had twins.
Ms Renwick said of the holiday: “This is the first time they have done this. They are very, very anxious parents and very careful and they chose Mark Warner because it is a family-friendly resort.”
The manager of the resort, John Hill said around 60 staff and guests at the complex had searched until 4.30am while local police notified border police, Spanish police and airports.
“It was a very emotional and very frantic night and everyone did a fantastic job of getting involved and trying to search the area,” he said. “As you can imagine, Madeleine’s parents are distraught and not doing very well at all.”
He said there was no physical evidence that the girl had been abducted from the apartment while they ate at the tapas restaurant 200 yards away.
“It’s still questionable as to whether it’s an abduction,” he said. “We are hoping that Madeleine is found as soon as possible and safe and well. Everybody here is just wishing that she is found as soon as possible.”
A Mark Warner spokesman said counsellors are being flown out to the resort, which the firm has run for two years, to support the McCanns.
Members of their family would also be flown out if required.
He said: “Our priority is to find the girl and to make sure that the parents are OK and there are masses of people working on that.
“Our staff are looking after them at the moment in whatever way they can but we can only imagine how awful it is for them.
“We are all hoping that she is asleep under a bush somewhere and we will find her soon.”
He said the apartment the family were staying in was surrounded by other apartments, all of which have “quite sophisticated” locks on the doors.
Guests are being asked if they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area, he said, adding that Mark Warner has never had cases of missing or abducted children before.
“We are hoping it’s not that, though,” he said. “It’s the last thing we want but we have to investigate all avenues.”
He said Mark Warner offers families a baby-sitting service where they can drop off their children for the night.
“Those facilities were available but for whatever reason they were not being used,” he said.
Madeleine lives with her parents, Gerald, a doctor, and Kate McCann, and younger sibling twins in Rothley, Leicestershire.
Neighbour Penny Noble said: “We are absolutely devastated. They are a really nice family and good neighbours.
“They are delightful. We see them take their bikes up and down and going for walks.
“Madeleine is a very happy-go-lucky little girl”.
It is understood Madeleine is due to start at school in September.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1550571/Three-year-old-feared-abducted-in-Portugal.html

Does this actually suggest 'Missing' & Consular assistance given at least a day or so beforehand, together with a planned and embargoed press release for midnight on 3rd/4th just after the local police were called on the evening of the 3rd, or is that a conspiracy theory too far?

As with everything McCann, everywhere you look............it just stinks!

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland on 16.11.14 13:42

What is the position vis a vis Martin Brunt and the McCanns? Does he sincerely believe that there was in fact a kidnapping of their daughter in which they weren't complicit, or is he simply following orders to retain his overpaid, parasitical vocation in life. IE. Does he have any plausible explanation as to how a kidnapping could have occured in the timeline provided by the McCanns? Does he have any ideas on whom may have have conducted a kidnapping and the reasons why such an act was perpetrated in the vein that there was no attempt to demand some kind of ransom?

He's just following orders. Like all the MSM - and the police, seemingly.

Originally he was reporting truthfully, as were the rest of the MSM. But how can they all ignore the dogs' findings without giving reasons? I think Richard Hall's final words in his documentary hit the nail on the head - the State may fall.

As has been commented before, the presence of the internet has changed matters completely - social media sites such as Twitter certainly have drawbacks, but they do have the ability to draw attention to where it's required. The sooner this is realised by those used to having their words always accepted as the truth, the better.
espeland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 16.11.14 17:33

I can only imagine this must be the case - the same with almost all other media people, even 'noisy' ones like Ian Hislop and Paxo, i.e. accept the story or commit professional suicide. I don't really blame them, in all honesty. Unless they are all going to act together and shout, and they won't because the lovely McCanns like to sue, they face losing their jobs, the wages that go with them and possibly a lot more too! Of course, then there are the really vomit-inducing ones who go out of their way to show support such as R + J.

I'd love to hear all the sarcastic things Hislop really wants to say about them (I assume) on HIGNFY! They'd be a comedy staple on there.

In my opinion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 16.11.14 22:56

This story of the FO releasing that info at one minute past midnight, just two hours after Ms Healy (about to become McCann) uttered those famous words ....

'They've taken her!'

.... speaks volumes that this entire 'charade' was pre-planned.

For instance, they are quoting the police. Didn't the very first police to arrive at the scene get there just before 11pm?

How would they be giving the Foreign Office quotes on what had happened when they didn't have a flippin' clue themselves?

They entered a scene of chaos, with people coming and going like it was Piccadilli Circus!
They must have thought they were a Muslim family seeing as the parents were wailing and praying on their knees like Arabs.

And it does beg the question - Who contacted the Foreign Office during this time?

It couldn't have been Kate seeing as she was doing her Mike Tyson impression by punching the crap out of walls and railings out of frustration (ha - yeah, pull the other one).

Nor Gerry. According to Tapas members he was roaring like a bull? most of the time, or phoning family members telling them, 'There's been a disaster.'

How did they know the phone number to the Foreign Office? It took them all their time to call the local police.

Surely the Foreign Office would have advised them to allow the police to conclude a search of the immediate area before jumping to the assumption of 'abduction.'

I wonder if Andy and the 38 boys are 'allowed' to check out this huge red flag?
Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 17.11.14 2:19

@Brian Griffin wrote:May I venture the opinion that the global obsession with Maddie persists because:

In my opinion.
Exactly.
Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.11.14 7:44

Is it possible that Martin Frizzel will be able to tell the country whether Maddie is still a Ward of Court?

All these sofa sharing sessions, books being written, documentaries and yet we never seem to learn anything new.   Same old same old - why is that?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 17.11.14 8:46

Because the 9 people who could tell us something new are 'out of bounds', maybe?

In my opinion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 17.11.14 8:53

Gaggsy (10.56):

‘This story of the FO releasing that info at one minute past midnight, just two hours after Ms Healy (about to become McCann) uttered those famous words ....

'They've taken her!'

.... speaks volumes that this entire 'charade' was pre-planned……………………….

And it does beg the question - Who contacted the Foreign Office during this time?’

From the two Telegraph reports, both timed at 12.01, (shown above, 16/11/14 at 1.14), I think it has to be the case that consular assistance was already in place before the cry of abduction.

This two hour ’10.00 abduction’ timescale, which can be virtually cut in half by the delay in contacting the local police, is just not feasible.

It has been suggested that the Telegraph simply got its timing wrong, and the story somehow generated its own time of 12.01 when it was actually published later on that day, but the two stories, the first very basic as you would expect and the second with far too much detail, don’t add credence to this.

If you examine other random Telegraph archives around that date, the early news stories from the day before appear with a 12.01 timeline, but ‘breaking’ stories, which this should have been, get actual times for when they get posted, so this excuse doesn’t hold up.

‘12.01’ means the story was up and running before midnight, not that the Telegraph must have made a mistake and I believe that adding the second story under the same timeline, without the usual ‘updated at …….’ was an attempt to cover-up this ‘too early’ release.

It would also help to explain how the British Consul from Portimão was on the scene by a reported 10.00 the next morning, followed in the afternoon by John Buck, the Ambassador, from Lisbon, a three hour drive away.

John Buck’s arrival at such an early stage makes no sense whatever.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Martin Frizell goes to Praia da Luz...

Post by missbeetle on 17.11.14 20:02

Does anyone know which vantage point this picture was taken from?

(snipped from tvrage.com)

Martin Frizell's a new one on me. First off - he has untrustworthy hair.

Secondly - why so defensively posed, Mr F...?

That stance gives your poor navy jacket an unfortunate leg o'mutton shoulderline.

Finally - is he dressed up just a little bit like a certain Mr Smithman?

My opinion only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.11.14 20:53

What was the wind speed when Frizzel was photographed in that pic?   His hair seems a bit wind swept.

The answer my friend is  (possibly) blowing in the wind, the answer (possibly) is (hair) blowing in the wind.  titter

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.11.14 21:05

Maybe they will mention the Gasper statements or the blue bag in the program?
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.11.14 21:55

@missbeetle wrote:Does anyone know which vantage point this picture was taken from?

That stance gives your poor navy jacket an unfortunate leg o'mutton shoulderline.

My opinion only.
Lovely insight, missbeetle - what a keen and perceptive eye you have.  thumbsup

A picture is worth a thousand words, eh?

You do for pictures what Hobs here does for words.

My opinion only.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 17.11.14 23:10

Some excellent posts on this thread.  Martin was always a bit scruffy, but you're right, his jacket is certainly the worse for wear now.  Why has he gone on a telly documentary wearing a jacket that is 2 sizes too small for him?

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.11.14 8:53

@missbeetle wrote:Does anyone know which vantage point this picture was taken from?

My opinion only.
That pose that Frizzel has adopted - reminds me of Superman who always crosses his arms and also wears tight clothing.   Am I getting some sort of subliminal message, maybe but I haven't worked out what it is yet. laughat

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum