The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Medical Centre in Praia Da Luz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Medical Centre in Praia Da Luz

Post by AlexBG on 31.10.14 20:21

Apologies if this has been covered before, but has any attention been paid to the "LuzDoc" medical centre in Praia Da Luz?

It probably has no link with the events of May 2007, but the following are noteworthy:

- The centre's premises are situated very close to the location of the "Smith sighting". The man that the Smiths claim to have seen was approaching it.

- K & G both work in the medical profession

- At least one English doctor worked at the centre in 2007

- The aforementioned English doctor gave a newspaper interview in October 2007 (link) in which she promoted an image of people moving on and leaving the incident behind. Quote: "Everybody is just carrying on ... I think what has happened is that people have just got on with their lives. It's a shame to say it, but life goes on."

- The facility offers a 24 hour service (and has done since at least 2009)

Would a facility of this type contain a morgue?

Just my thoughts - nothing more.

AlexBG

Back to top Go down

Re: The Medical Centre in Praia Da Luz

Post by PeterMac on 31.10.14 21:21

AlexBG wrote:Apologies if this has been covered before, but has any attention been paid to the "LuzDoc" medical centre in Praia Da Luz?
NO. It would be a small waiting room with a reception desk, a consultation room with nothing more than a desk, and a couch and couple of cabinets of basic "suff", and a toilet, (if you're lucky !)
Like any other medical centre across Europe. Very often converted apartments.
If someone dies they call an ambulance.
If someone needs more than an aspirin, they call an ambulance.

Lagos Hospital is 5 miles away. They will have a mortuary

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexBG on 01.11.14 14:48

PeterMac wrote:NO. It would be a small waiting room with a reception desk, a consultation room with nothing more than a desk, and a couch and couple of cabinets of basic "suff", and a toilet, (if you're lucky !)
It's not quite that small, but certainly not huge.

Do you have a theory as to where the body might have been stored then?
Amaral believes it had been refridgerated, between the time of 3rd May and the time the McCs hired the Renault car weeks later, based on forensic examination of material recovered from said car, does he not?

AlexBG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.11.14 14:58

AlexBG - you've obviously been reading about the case, so do you have any theories?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.11.14 15:09

AlexBG wrote:
Amaral believes it had been refridgerated, between the time of 3rd May and the time the McCs hired the Renault car weeks later, based on forensic examination of material recovered from said car, does he not?

Yes I do, but for obvious reasons will not be setting it out here !

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.11.14 17:33

@AlexBG

apologies for drifting off topic here but as you say you've studied law, I was wondering if you think there are grounds for a case against Sky News something along the lines of corporate manslaughter for what they did to Brenda Leyland?
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexBG on 02.11.14 20:12

aquila wrote:@AlexBG

apologies for drifting off topic here but as you say you've studied law, I was wondering if you think there are grounds for a case against Sky News something along the lines of corporate manslaughter for what they did to Brenda Leyland?
I haven't studied corporate manslaughter as yet, nor anything that would seem relevant OTOH, sorry. Might have an answer in two years' time ...

AlexBG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexBG on 02.11.14 20:13

Ladyinred wrote:AlexBG - you've obviously been reading about the case, so do you have any theories?
No particular theories, but if Amaral is correct in his belief, then someone must have provided a refrigeration facility, presumably from 3rd May (or perhaps earlier) until at least the date the McCs hired the car (28th May according to most sources).

AlexBG

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.11.14 20:50

AlexBG wrote:
aquila wrote:@AlexBG

I haven't studied corporate manslaughter as yet, nor anything that would seem relevant OTOH, sorry. Might have an answer in two years' time ...
Thanks for the reply - two years is nothing in McTime - why it's a mere McMinute.

Those who care will still be here methinks - well that's if we've not all been sent to something akin to Guantanamo Bay, doorstepped by Sky News, had our faces plastered in the media, received threats, been sued, impoverished, electronically tagged, phone-tapped and shown to be social lepers etc for daring to question the 'abduction' of Madeleine McCann. The forum has already been whooshed from Google I see.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.11.14 21:43

AlexBG wrote:
No particular theories, but if Amaral is correct in his belief, then someone must have provided a refrigeration facility, presumably from 3rd May (or perhaps earlier) until at least the date the McCs hired the car (28th May according to most sources).
Well yes.  Quite.
It does not take a very large fridge or freezer to store a small child.
Assuming Madeleine was 1m tall, she was at the 25th centile of her peer group, and would weigh less than 14 kg

In fact Gerry says she is 90 cm, which puts her at the 0.4 th centile, SERIOUSLY small for her age (indicating development problems, or underlying genetic defect - cf. coloboma etc )
and would give a weight of no more than 11 kg.
A Christmas Turkey can weigh more than this.

We are not having to "purport" giant industrial fridges or freezers here.
A normal domestic appliance would be large enough.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC on 02.11.14 21:47

AlexBG wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:AlexBG - you've obviously been reading about the case, so do you have any theories?
AlexBG

If I remember rightly there was a debate at the time  re: Freezer or Fridge?

I think Mr Amaral may have said that the nature of the fluid in the Scenic indicated de-frosting of some sort.

Defrosting ( to me anyway ) suggests from frozen to thawing. A fridge ( as in a Mortuary ) wouldn't
cause thawing out.

The question was whether was indicating to rotting veg/fish/ meat/nappies or a body. Eddie's cadaver dog tag
is for a reason I think.

This for me is why all the DNA evidence needs reviewing. The cadaver indication needs resolving.

In fact I'm genuinely surprised that SY didn't start on the forensics before checking the phone records.

Also I'm not convinced that studying hair will reveal much unless they can get a spot on match to Madeleine
in terms of DNA matching. That's for the current forensic experts to fathom out.

Even in the Scenic though if the amounts are small there is a chance that this could have been from cross
contamination. Whereas; if there is a lot that matched in the Scenic that may be a different ball game.

Corpse banding may not be admissable as evidence at the moment as far as I know.

Only opinion though.

XTC

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 03.11.14 16:15

AlexBG wrote:Apologies if this has been covered before, but has any attention been paid to the "LuzDoc" medical centre in Praia Da Luz?

It probably has no link with the events of May 2007, but the following are noteworthy:

- The centre's premises are situated very close to the location of the "Smith sighting". The man that the Smiths claim to have seen was approaching it.

- K & G both work in the medical profession

- At least one English doctor worked at the centre in 2007

- The aforementioned English doctor gave a newspaper interview in October 2007 (link) in which she promoted an image of people moving on and leaving the incident behind. Quote: "Everybody is just carrying on ... I think what has happened is that people have just got on with their lives. It's a shame to say it, but life goes on."

- The facility offers a 24 hour service (and has done since at least 2009)

I have often wondered about this. If Madeleine had needed emergency medical treatment, for example, it is not inconceivable that someone could have carried her down the road to this center (the Smith sighting?). 

There is a very strong code of silence in the medical profession so it is not impossible that there would be people working there who would be prepared/heavily persuaded to keep secrets. Persuaded/prepared to help out in some way. Maybe even to provide transport or a 'resting place' of some kind. 

But if *something* happened to Madeleine before 3rd May which I think is probable, given the dodgy photos and elaborate accounts of events of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, then surely anyone carrying a sick/injured Madeleine to the medical center would have been doing this earlier in the week, not on Thursday night at 10pm?

Sometimes I think that 'Smith-man' was concocted (whether he actually existed or not) to 'frame' Gerry and highlight his role in the disappearance of his daughter. Maybe someone earlier in the week had taken Madeleine to the 24 hour medical center? Or maybe someone had wanted to, but had been persuaded not to (the bruises on Kate's hands, forearms and wrists??)

I have always had a sense that there was collusion between Gerry, Jane Tanner, (Russell O'Brien) and Matt Oldfield. But that Kate was not entirely 'in on it.' That was certainly the impression given in the creepy 'Madeleine was Here' reconstruction shown on Channel 4 when Gerry, Jane and Matt supposedly 'reconstructed' the events of the final evening.

Several of the Tapas gang in their witness statements make comments to the effect that they were a group of doctors so would know how to resuscitate a child or know what to do in an emergency or if Madeleine had 'accidentally been banged on the head' I think one of them even says that?

I am still very curious about what role Jez Wilkins and Bridget O'Donnell played in all this. It is more than a coincidence that Jez allegedly just happened to be pushing his pram around the resort at 9pm ish on Thursday evening and 'just happened' to bump into Gerry after his alleged 'final check' which just happened to be the last time anyone saw Madeleine alive. Far too much of a coincidence, whether or not this meeting ever actually happened of course. 

At what point did a spanner get thrown into the works that week, I wonder?

Just throwing around a few ideas, really.

j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 03.11.14 18:09

AlexBG wrote:
PeterMac wrote:NO. It would be a small waiting room with a reception desk, a consultation room with nothing more than a desk, and a couch and couple of cabinets of basic "suff", and a toilet, (if you're lucky !)
It's not quite that small, but certainly not huge.

And don't forget that sniffer dogs that were brought in very early on followed a trail of scent to outside a nearby apartment - 5J - where they alerted. 

Police were I think unable to gain entry to this apartment for some time. But when they did they discovered a fridge with, I do believe, the door open and rotting food either inside and/or nearby.

Which is mighty peculiar, imo. 

A little plant, perhaps? To put everyone off the scent? Or to try to disguise a scent perhaps?

Odours seem to be a feature of this case. 

What with cuddle-cat coming into contact with all those corpses at Kate's workplace. And Sean developing a taste for sea-bass; and dirty nappies causing a smell in the McCann's hire car; and raw meat leaking blood into the McCann's hire car. And the early sniffer dogs alerting to a nearby apartment where a fridge is found with an open door and rotting food. And one of the Tapas children (incidentally in the apartment closest to 5J, I do believe) having diarrhea all week to the extent that a 'horrendous' smell came from their apartment, according to the parents, and soiled bedding had to be washed. 

And of course the scent of death as alerted to by the sniffer dogs, not only in the apartment that the McCanns were staying in that week but also in their hire car rented weeks later, as well as on Kate's clothes. Plus a flowerbed outside the apartment. 

Have I missed anything?

I think I smell a rat here. 

Just follow your nose, as they say!

j.rob

Back to top Go down

Post by The....truth on 03.11.14 18:20

Well, to just try to summarise your thoughts in a few words...

IT  STINKS !!

IT JUST STINKS !!!

The....truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 03.11.14 18:25

thumbsup
Wow! Good post J.Rob!

Snifferdog

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: