The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Mm11

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Mm11

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Regist10

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann new DNA hope

Post by MayMuse 12.05.16 17:34

whodunit wrote:
sallypelt wrote:Detectives plan to do new tests on curtains which hung in the apartment where Madeleine McCann disappeared.
They believe the fabric, which has been sealed in an evidence file since three-year-old Madeleine vanished in Portugal in 2007, may hold DNA which will identify to her abductor.
Scotland Yard sent an urgent request to their counterparts in Portugal asking permission to re-examine the fabric.
Forensic experts on the Operation Grange team want to use new ­techniques to analyse the curtains, which hung in the room where Madeleine was sleeping with her baby brother and sister.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-new-dna-hope-4508372

Did the Portuguese grant this request? If so, I have to shake my head in wonder. After the way the UK treated the DNA evidence previously sent them by the PJ if these curtains were sent along as well I bet now they're either missing or declared of 'no use'. I think the presence of Maddie's  DNA is almost assured given their location behind the sofa but we'll never hear of it if the UK authorities go hold of them.
From 2014, so for two years they have been testing? 
Weird how nothing has been reported since, or maybe it isn't considering how OG have misbehaved!?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 17:40

I hope you're right, @pennylane!

Yet I can't help but feel the "urgent request" signifies not a desire to find an abductor but a pressing need to nip off any loose evidentiary ends that implicate the McCanns in the DEATH of MBM. When it comes right down to it SY have no right, never had any right, to physical custody of any of the evidence.
whodunit
whodunit

Activity : 913

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 17:43

@MayMuse---"From 2014, so for two years they have been testing? 
Weird how nothing has been reported since, or maybe it isn't considering how OG have misbehaved!?"

I'm not sure the urgent request was granted? I certainly hope not. If the Portuguese had any sense they would have had the curtains tested in their own facilities. I wish someone on location would ask them about this. I think this evidence is critically important---as did SY apparently--and I have no idea why it was just sitting in an evidence room.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.05.16 17:43

whodunit wrote:I hope you're right, @pennylane!

Yet I can't help but feel the "urgent request" signifies not a desire to find an abductor but a pressing need to nip off any loose evidentiary ends that implicate the McCanns in the DEATH of MBM. When it comes right down to it SY have no right, never had any right, to physical custody of any of the evidence.
Totally agree!

Op Grange were salivating for a joint investigation with Portugal to find 'the abductor who took Madeleine,' and openly stated this in the past to exert pressure on the Portuguese. However, they failed to get their nosy snouts into the original investigation, and instead were graciously given a separate team in Faro to assist them with any important 'abduction' leads. whistling

imo Portugal has played a blinder.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 17:47

They were intimidated and cowed by the mighty Scotland Yard of legend and bent to their will. I hope they've learned lessons since and grown a pair. Though sadly this doesn't seem to be the case as they latest headlines are all about the PJ sitting patiently waiting on marching orders from SY.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 12.05.16 17:48

whodunit wrote:@MayMuse---"From 2014, so for two years they have been testing? 
Weird how nothing has been reported since, or maybe it isn't considering how OG have misbehaved!?"

I'm not sure the urgent request was granted? I certainly hope not. If the Portuguese had any sense they would have had the curtains tested in their own facilities. I wish someone on location would ask them about this. I think this evidence is critically important---as did SY apparently--and I have no idea why it was just sitting in an evidence room.
I hope they did too, wasn't it said that a sofa was also kept? Im trying to find it now without success but sure I read somewhere that GA mentioned it.? IF anyone can help would appreciate it.  nod

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 17:52

That would be ideal as it would be very difficult to effectively clean upholstery without the proper machinery which would have to be rented, or if not rented borrowed and then lugged up the apartment steps. I mean, really. It's bad enough they were laundering the curtains and bleaching the tiles and apparently doing a bit of gardening, but cleaning the upholstery? It's practically a farce.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.05.16 17:56

whodunit wrote:They were intimidated and cowed by the mighty Scotland Yard of legend and bent to their will. I hope they've learned lessons since and grown a pair. Though sadly this doesn't seem to be the case as they latest headlines are all about the PJ sitting patiently waiting on marching orders from SY.

They haven't bowed to their will (imo).  Op Grange did not get the joint investigation they so lusted after, instead they were given a new team in Faro 'to assist them,' and as a result are left looking rather foolish as they continue to hunt for the phantom abductor.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 12.05.16 17:56

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PORTUGUESE-FORENSIC.htm

The link for the forensics... I think it was the Burgau apartment so I may be incorrect as can only find that they collected hairs etc from that particular sofa. I need to keep looking and reading...

It seems that GA forwarded several requests to FSS for them to carry out the forensics urgently, ( bloods from 5A etc) does anyone else think that the FSS seemed to be using delaying tactics back then? As the next letter in response stated that DNA was retrieved from the parents home in England?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 18:01

Yes, but the PJ did send along many DNA samples and left it up to Leics police to conduct rogotory interviews, which should NEVER have been allowed much less requested.
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 18:04

MayMuse wrote:http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PORTUGUESE-FORENSIC.htm

The link for the forensics... I think it was the Burgau apartment so I may be incorrect as can only find that they collected hairs etc from that particular sofa. I need to keep looking and reading...

Hmm, is this the sofa which contained hairs consistent with Murat and JT?

I wonder what the PJ made of that?
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.05.16 18:05

whodunit wrote:Yes, but the PJ did send along many DNA samples and left it up to Leics police to conduct rogotory interviews, which should NEVER have been allowed much less requested.

Yes but your going way back in time.   They wouldn't trust Scotland Yard further than they could throw them now!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit 12.05.16 18:07

I hope you're right!

Then again, it may not be a matter of trusting or not trusting. There are ways for a powerful country to put pressure on a smaller country. Just ask any less powerful nation that has had to deal with the presence of the FBI in certain criminal matters...John Buck used ridicule to delay the collection of the McCanns clothing until AFTER the McCs hastily did some laundering..
whodunit
whodunit

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 12.05.16 18:14

whodunit wrote:I hope you're right!

Then again, it may not be a matter of trusting or not trusting. There are ways for the premier police force of a powerful country to put pressure on a smaller country. Just ask any less powerful nation that has had to deal with the presence of the FBI in certain criminal matters...

That's why the team in Faro is so ingenious.  It appears to assist, but  it merely leaves SY hunting aimlessly for their phantom abductor and looking rather foolish.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Empty Madeleine DNA results?

Post by willowthewisp 13.05.16 12:49

DCS Hamish Campbell and DCI Andy Redwood can neither confirm or deny that they are still in pursuance of Three Burglars who forgot to leave any vital trails of DNA that where assessed by the disbanded FSS in the UK? winkwink
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 13.05.16 13:48

smilie  

Very soon Operation Grange will inform us of another revelation. 

The child abducting burglar had boldly returned to 5A, and this time made off with a blue sports bag and blanket! 

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Animated-police-and-cop-image-0032
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 13.05.16 14:22

These "campaigns" to hide the truth have a weird sense of "marketing ploys"?  big grin

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.05.16 15:25

pennylane wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:
pennylane wrote:
whodunit wrote:I hope you're right!

Then again, it may not be a matter of trusting or not trusting. There are ways for the premier police force of a powerful country to put pressure on a smaller country. Just ask any less powerful nation that has had to deal with the presence of the FBI in certain criminal matters...

That's why the team in Faro is so ingenious.  It appears to assist, but  it merely leaves SY hunting aimlessly for their phantom abductor and looking rather foolish.
DCS Hamish Campbell and DCI Andy Redwood can neither confirm or deny that they are still in pursuance of Three Burglars who forgot to leave any vital trails of DNA that where assessed by the disbanded FSS in the UK? winkwink
  smilie  

Very soon Operation Grange will inform us of another revelation. 

The child abducting burglar had boldly returned to 5A, and this time made off with a blue sports bag and blanket! 

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Animated-police-and-cop-image-0032       Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 8642
Sans cuddlecat..

ETA:  Another nifty little thingy - I must try a find a collection, so expressive big grin !

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 13.05.16 17:57

MayMuse and Verdi laughat

Op Grange and Team McCann are lame ducks (imo)  Goncalo Amaral has slain Team Goliath without malice and without any weapons other than the truth.  A truly remarkable and courageous man!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now where's that smelly old cuddlecat

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Animated-washing-machine-image-0007
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 13.05.16 19:02

whodunit wrote:That would be ideal as it would be very difficult to effectively clean upholstery without the proper machinery which would have to be rented, or if not rented borrowed and then lugged up the apartment steps. I mean, really. It's bad enough they were laundering the curtains and bleaching the tiles and apparently doing a bit of gardening, but cleaning the upholstery? It's practically a farce.

not to mention disposing of a fridge.
Some holiday!
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.05.16 20:19

pennylane wrote:MayMuse and Verdi laughat

Op Grange and Team McCann are lame ducks (imo)  Goncalo Amaral has slain Team Goliath without malice and without any weapons other than the truth.  A truly remarkable and courageous man!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now where's that smelly old cuddlecat

Madeleine McCann new DNA hope - Page 3 Animated-washing-machine-image-0007
Decoy ducks I calls 'em - stuffed!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top