The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Little Miss Nothing" -Gerry McCann and the narcissistic personality

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Little Miss Nothing" -Gerry McCann and the narcissistic personality

Post by secrets and lies on 23.10.14 17:59

I found this interesting piece online and thought it might be worth sharing. Apologies if it has been posted here before. The title of the forum, though appropriate to this crime makes me feel both sad and angry in equal measure.

http://littlemissnothing.webs.com/gerrymccann.htm
secrets and lies

Back to top Go down

Re: "Little Miss Nothing" -Gerry McCann and the narcissistic personality

Post by Guest on 23.10.14 22:00

Thanks for that. The most explanatory description of the traits of a narcissist I've read. It describes perfectly a friend of mine who I always knew as insufferably arrogant and self confident, but is also irredeemably kind and fun. He epitomizes narcissism, but I never actually attributed that label to him.

I can now imagine he actions of my friend if he was placed in the McCann situation. I can imagine him displaying the exact same behaviours. That article has made me understand Kate and Gerry so much more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 24.10.14 1:49

secrets and lies wrote:I found this interesting piece online and thought it might be worth sharing. Apologies if it has been posted here before. The title of the forum, though appropriate to this crime makes me feel both sad and angry in equal measure.

http://littlemissnothing.webs.com/gerrymccann.htm

Whatever one thinks of the article (a little off in places) I do think narcissism is very central to this case in both of the lead protagonists. Narcissism can take different forms, but it generally can be either self-sufficient or dependent. My guess is that GMcC is a very self-sufficient narcissistic personality whereas KMcC needs to express it through dependency.

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 24.10.14 16:24

I agree with you Oakey-Dokey. 

One of my big problems around the credibility of Mr and Mrs McCann as reliable witnesses is their behaviour. Both in the aftermath of the alleged abduction and ever since

My view (and I can say I have considerable experience on the topic) is that the McCanns behaviour has all the hallmarks of narcissism. I would agree that Mr.McCann may appear be a more "self-sufficient" narcissist (great term!) but it's also fair to say that all narcissists need their "supply". And this is where other people come in. 

Mr.McCann is also far less able to hide his delight in being centre of attention. I never see the face of a man in pain. Rather I see a very poor actor who is playing a role but cannot fully conceal their delight in being in the spotlight, regardless of the circumstances. It is all about "me", rather than my daughter. "I" will not answer any question "I" do not like. That's it. Take it or leave it. But please donate to my fund. Please help me.

This, for me, was true from day one and can be witnessed in photos, interviews, comments etc., Even with the enormous weight of so much "circumstantial" evidence stacked against them I could imagine myself giving them, or any other set of negligent parents, the benefit of the doubt.

But it is their insatiable gluttony for publicity, special treatment and control over what others think and say, that stokes the flames of doubt and anger in me. We have seen the depth of their anger and outrage when their version of events is challenged. How quick they are to ridicule . It's as if their behaviour is something pulled from a case-file on narcissistic personality disorder.

Yet for all their arrogance, sense of self-entitlement and refusal to take any responsibility for what happened to their child, one senses that both of these people are broken and hollow on the inside. As all classic narcissists are under their defences.
secrets and lies

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 24.10.14 22:25

If I recall correctly (and I do) GM swept away any criticism of his lack of emotion in an interview by explaining Brits are stoic.

There was the almost epiphany in the church in PDL where he had a vision to do something positive and became heavily involved in a PR campaign, worldwide travel, a wider agenda, and most telling of all.....his blogs.

There was the laying prostrate in 'arab fashion' (whatever that is) in front of confused PJ officers who arrived on the scene after the alarm had been raised re Madeleine's disappearance.

There is the weird way that Madeleine, by her own father has been described as 'there's a little girl missing' and a lot of other things that remove her as if to speak about someone else's child or an unrelated case. It's simply not natural imo.

Gerry's blogs are to me (whilst I'm still allowed to have an opinion - or am I?) the windows to this man's soul.

Stoic? Definitely not.

Just my opinion and all that jazz.
aquila

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum