The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Two year sentences for Trolls - Page 4 Mm11

Two year sentences for Trolls - Page 4 Regist10

Two year sentences for Trolls

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two year sentences for Trolls - Page 4 Empty Re: Two year sentences for Trolls

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 18:10

@Joss wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:The period in which prosecutions can be brought against people for using the internet, social media or mobile phones to send menacing messages will be increased from six months to three years.

“The sending of abusive messages or material online can cause absolute misery for victims and we need to make sure that people who commit these awful crimes are properly punished,” Grayling said.

So there will people sitting around gathering evidence for years, not saying a word to anyone, then running to the police like some spoiled brat complaining that someone hurt their feelings online?  

That is what i posted earlier, who is going to monitor all of the thousands of online messages ??

They won't. The mere suggestion will ward off the most timid of posters! For hardened commenters it will take a more brutal hand. It's coming.
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 on 19.10.14 18:12

@Joss wrote:
sally66 wrote:I have never understood their obsession with what people are writing on social media.  Surely if your daughter had been abducted finding her would be your obsession.  As to people poring over the files I would be delighted because even if they were of the opinion that I had done something I would know I had nothing to hide and would think they could uncover the truth.  It would be like having an army of free helpers.

I agree, but i think there is more of an underlying agenda to all of this case than a missing child, IMO.
So do I but you'd think they'd at least try and act like it was a genuine abudction.

The only way they will stop speculation is to ban the Internet and that isn't going to happen
lufc50337

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.10.14 18:14

What do we know about this new law? Has it been passed through parliament or is it still at the proposal stage?

Most of us only get the hear about the basis of a new laws but there is usually pages of detail written up and available to us but are rarely read. There must be some official information relating to this somewhere.

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 18:28

@sharonl wrote:What do we know about this new law?  Has it been passed through parliament or is it still at the proposal stage?

Most of us only get the hear about the basis of a new laws but there is usually pages of detail written up and available to us but are rarely read.  There must be some official information relating to this somewhere.

It may be think tank stuff... Put the feelers out and gauge public perception.. then draw up a white paper.. Kick a few wobbly boys (WHIPS) and carry the idea into HoC ... Democracy? . Not at all.
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.14 18:39

I doubt it will become law this side of a general election.  Whoever's in power next May will not regard it as a priority, IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 19.10.14 18:41

@sharonl wrote:What do we know about this new law?  Has it been passed through parliament or is it still at the proposal stage?

Most of us only get the hear about the basis of a new laws but there is usually pages of detail written up and available to us but are rarely read.  There must be some official information relating to this somewhere.

From The Times article:

"The Communications Act 2003 bans online messages that threaten violence or cause stress or alarm to their targets. But the harshest sentence that magistrates can impose is six months in prison.

The government is to introduce amendments to the Criminal Justice and Courts Bill, which will be debated in the House of Lords this week, to allow a maximum penalty on conviction of two years in prison.

The period in which prosecutions can be brought against people for using the internet, social media or mobile phones to send menacing messages will be increased from six months to three years."

[My bold/red]
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.10.14 18:42

If they bring out a law against asking questions, giving reasoned arguments and discussing theories we (all people) are in big trouble.

I think they are working on it though.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.10.14 18:45

@Lance De Boils wrote:"The Communications Act 2003 bans online messages that threaten violence or cause stress or alarm to their targets. But the harshest sentence that magistrates can impose is six months in prison.

Murk.

Sometimes stress and alarm to targets is necessary.

Who decides.

BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 18:50

[quote="Ladyinred"]I doubt it will become law this side of a general election.  Whoever's in power next May will not regard it as a priority, IMO.[/quote

We have seen changes of Government throughout this debacle...and not a hope in hell for Madeleine. Don't rely on this or any other g'ment to resolve this..They are up to their necks in it.. My opinion only.
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 18:53

@BlueBag wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:"The Communications Act 2003 bans online messages that threaten violence or cause stress or alarm to their targets. But the harshest sentence that magistrates can impose is six months in prison.

Murk.

Who decides.

Orwellian and scary.
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 18:58

If anyone complains to the police about internet comments causing them stress or harm, they will have to show it.   People wont just be able to complain and expect people to be prosecuted.

Will they have to consult  a  doctor, will they have had to have had sick notes covering any period of time off because of the stress or harm.   Will they have to show that during the alleged stress and harm caused there have been no tv interviews, charity events, mixing with celebs etc. etc.

Stress and harm will have effects, effects which alter peoples lifestyle.   They will have to show this is the case surely before anyone can be prosecuted and wouldn't they have to bring documentary evidence of stress and harm to court?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 19.10.14 19:07

That's probably why Gerry made a point of slipping in that line about how they've had to 'modify their behaviour'.
Although if they never used eg Twitter before, then not using it now could hardly be considered modification.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 19:14

I can understand the police fairly easily being able to prosecute violent threats against a person and rightly so imo, but for readily available, online police files I think it would be difficult to claim stress and harm caused through questions and discussion of said files.

Didn't S&S say The Met told them to read the online files before publishing their book.  What's good for the goose and all that imo.

Anyways, there are very well documented appearances on tv and running events, etc. during the last 7 years to show that (IMO), nothing posted here seems to have affected Mr. & Mrs.

Heck they didn't even produce documentary evidence to go to civil court in Portugal.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 19:27

@plebgate wrote:If anyone complains to the police about internet comments causing them stress or harm, they will have to show it.   People wont just be able to complain and expect people to be prosecuted.

Will they have to consult  a  doctor, will they have had to have had sick notes covering any period of time off because of the stress or harm.   Will they have to show that during the alleged stress and harm caused there have been no tv interviews, charity events, mixing with celebs etc. etc.

Stress and harm will have effects, effects which alter peoples lifestyle.   They will have to show this is the case surely before anyone can be prosecuted and wouldn't they have to bring documentary evidence of stress and harm to court?

Erm ... Was it not the case that the McCanns had to show the same? They brought forth a miserable and unconvincing team who just stuttered their way through the process. A limp wrist!
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 19:30

Where's that photo when you want it of Mrs. sitting on Mr's lap at the friends house.    Didn't look very stressed in that one imo.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 19:34

@plebgate wrote:Where's that photo when you want it of Mrs. sitting on Mr's lap at the friends house.    Didn't look very stressed in that one imo.
You wouldn't't have to search too far to see the REAL mcCoy
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 19:38

Sorry Geowoo what does the REAL McCoy mean.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 19.10.14 19:41

@BlueBag wrote:

Murk.

Who decides.

Stress???  Well it`s inevitable one would be stressed if thousands of people didn`t believe your lies.

"Doctor, please help me - I`m really stressed because some people don`t believe the lies I`ve told"

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 19:53

@plebgate wrote:Sorry Geowoo what does the REAL McCoy mean.
The real McCoy is simply truth..evidence..lndisputable facts! Something you can't argue with.
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 19:55

Thanks Geowoo I thought you were sending a cryptic message.  lol.

Oh and wouldn't any complainant have to give evidence under oath.   If so, would any defence solicitor be able to ask questions too?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 20:02

@plebgate wrote:Thanks Geowoo I thought you were sending a cryptic message.  lol.

Oh and wouldn't any complainant have to give evidence under oath.   If so, would any defence solicitor be able to ask questions too?

In light of today's news I am tempted to be cryptic. This case has never seen a court of law and truth is a figment!. If you want the truth you will have to wait and wonder. soz
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 20:07

@Geowoo wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Thanks Geowoo I thought you were sending a cryptic message.  lol.

In light of today's news I am tempted to be cryptic. This case has never seen a court of law and truth is a figment!. If you want the truth you will have to wait and wonder. soz

I didn't answer you correctly.. Bit tired.
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 20:31

Brenda Leyland has slipped conveniently into a background of media silence.. I won't shut up.. BBC breakfast and Judy finnegan..Carole Malone who called the lady a "fecked up bitch"..please come out and justify your comments..
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 20:46

Come on Carole Malone.. Judy Finnegan... Lorraine GMTV. And all you disgusting little sycophants..tell me why I should do two years in jail just because I don't believe you pitiful bunch! prisoner
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geowoo on 19.10.14 20:49

Quite exhausted myself there... But no one was hurt. big grin
Geowoo

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum