The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry's fake passport photo

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by aiyoyo on 17.10.14 10:55

plebgate wrote:
 What is the point of it, it clearly looks like Mr. to me and as Aiyoyo said why would he give a false passport to cops?   If the cops thought it was fake, wouldn't they have done something about it by now?

Forgery is a serious crime, especially if it involves an official travel document issued by Her Majesty Authority. One would not do it unless it is absolutely necessary and only if it serves a purpose.  

To even entertain that - that it might be a fake/a forgery - you would have to ask or look at the possible advantageous to Gerry for him to have done that? Why, what for, and this and that. 

And if you can't even arrive at one possible reasonable plausible point on why he would resort to knowingly commit an offence of forgery, further compounding the serious offence by giving it to the very Investigators investigating his missing daughter.  That's unthinkable beyond words.

To even suggest cunning self-serving Gerry (of all people) would be so stupid to do such a stupid thing that won't serve his purpose whatsoever, except to knowingly put himself in trouble with the law is simply ludicrous beyond words.

If people wish to discuss the peculiarities of photos there is already an existing thread on photos in general.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by nglfi on 17.10.14 12:15

I think perhaps the difference between the photo and Gerry as we know him now, is that this is back when he was young and happy. He isn't sneering,  duping delight or trying to mask any internal fear or disquiet.  It is a broad, open mouthed smile in my opinion, genuinely happy. Although there are several pictures very soon after Madeleine disappeared of the pair laughing and joking, Gerry has already adopted that superior sneer. Imo he looks genuinely different in demeanour in the passport photo but not in his basic facial appearance.

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by nglfi on 17.10.14 12:17

Ps and as Deecoy said, the hologram is distorting his face slightly and making his chin appear more rounded, which in turn slightly alters the appearance of his mouth

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by Snifferdog on 17.10.14 12:40

nglfi wrote:I think perhaps the difference between the photo and Gerry as we know him now, is that this is back when he was young and happy. He isn't sneering,  duping delight or trying to mask any internal fear or disquiet.  It is a broad, open mouthed smile in my opinion, genuinely happy. Although there are several pictures very soon after Madeleine disappeared of the pair laughing and joking, Gerry has already adopted that superior sneer. Imo he looks genuinely different in demeanour in the passport photo but not in his basic facial appearance.

An interesting hypothesis nglfi, for me, a persons spirit is visible in their face, especially as they get older, and the personality becomes defined by the muscles most often used, forming the persons habitual expression, becoming more permanent with time.

____________________
“‘Conspiracy stuff’ is now shorthand for unspeakable truth.”
– Gore Vidal
avatar
Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by nglfi on 17.10.14 17:33

Snifferdog wrote:
nglfi wrote:I think perhaps the difference between the photo and Gerry as we know him now, is that this is back when he was young and happy. He isn't sneering,  duping delight or trying to mask any internal fear or disquiet.  It is a broad, open mouthed smile in my opinion, genuinely happy. Although there are several pictures very soon after Madeleine disappeared of the pair laughing and joking, Gerry has already adopted that superior sneer. Imo he looks genuinely different in demeanour in the passport photo but not in his basic facial appearance.

An interesting hypothesis nglfi, for me, a persons spirit is visible in their face, especially as they get older, and the personality becomes defined by the muscles most often used, forming the persons habitual expression, becoming more permanent with time.
I completely agree, I think you can really tell what the McCanns are up to by their expressions. Of course, pros would say their faces are just careworn from what they have 'been through'

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Passport photographs...

Post by missbeetle on 17.10.14 20:23

I can't seem to find the passport pictures or details of the Tapas Seven characters in the Portuguese police files.

I might not be looking in the right place, though.

Any ideas?


Another question is would Gerry be eligible for an Irish passport, given his Donegal ancestry?

____________________
'Tis strange, but true; for truth is always strange...
(from Lord Byron's 'Don Juan', 1823)
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by Rufus T on 17.10.14 20:42

Yes, Gerry would be eligible for an Irish passport, as his father was born in Ireland.
avatar
Rufus T

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-18
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Forgeries...

Post by missbeetle on 18.10.14 0:34

aiyoyo wrote:
plebgate wrote:
 What is the point of it, it clearly looks like Mr. to me and as Aiyoyo said why would he give a false passport to cops?   If the cops thought it was fake, wouldn't they have done something about it by now?

Forgery is a serious crime, especially if it involves an official travel document issued by Her Majesty Authority. One would not do it unless it is absolutely necessary and only if it serves a purpose.  

To even entertain that - that it might be a fake/a forgery - you would have to ask or look at the possible advantageous to Gerry for him to have done that? Why, what for, and this and that. 

And if you can't even arrive at one possible reasonable plausible point on why he would resort to knowingly commit an offence of forgery, further compounding the serious offence by giving it to the very Investigators investigating his missing daughter.  That's unthinkable beyond words.

To even suggest cunning self-serving Gerry (of all people) would be so stupid to do such a stupid thing that won't serve his purpose whatsoever, except to knowingly put himself in trouble with the law is simply ludicrous beyond words.

If people wish to discuss the peculiarities of photos there is already an existing thread on photos in general.

With respect, Aiyoyo, I don't think Gerry laying a false paper trail - or having it laid for him - is all that ludicrous an idea.

It is my belief that the disappearance of Madeleine was a planned event with many players...

...faked passports are not unknown in the world of spies, gangsters and jet-setting paedophiles - Roderick Robinson, for example.

It could be that the 'clean-up' operation in Praia da Luz involved slightly altered identities and passports -

- before Madeleine could be announced to be missing.

Who could've arranged such things?

 A helpful local?

Gerry's got some powerful interests behind his story...

...so I myself would not rule it out.

____________________
'Tis strange, but true; for truth is always strange...
(from Lord Byron's 'Don Juan', 1823)
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by Okeydokey on 18.10.14 2:23


There can be no denying the passport photos are jaw-droppingly weird.

But I think what we see there are two individuals who think the normal rules don't apply to them. That is a very important context.

Okeydokey

Posts : 938
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2013-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by tigger on 18.10.14 7:12

Okeydokey wrote:
There can be no denying the passport photos are jaw-droppingly weird.

But I think what we see there are two individuals who think the normal rules don't apply to them. That is a very important context.

That's the thing:   The background and mind-set of the main 'players'.

They can't move outside their own heads which is why we end up with documents such as KH1 and with GM saying a High Court Judge is corrupt because he does not adhere to the Leveson recommendations.

Btw where is that transcript? Something to read when one needs cheering up.. laughat

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by nglfi on 18.10.14 9:05

But what would be the purpose of having a fake passport with an image of someone that looks a lot like Gerry and has Gerry's genuine details? Normally a fake passport would have an alternative identity  but we know this to be Gerry's correct identity. So why would he have a picture of someone who looks a lot like him and where would he find them? I think the passport is genuine and the picture is of Gerry.

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by aiyoyo on 18.10.14 9:21

missbeetle wrote:

With respect, Aiyoyo, I don't think Gerry laying a false paper trail - or having it laid for him - is all that ludicrous an idea. In what context?

It is my belief that the disappearance of Madeleine was a planned event with many players...

...faked passports are not unknown in the world of spies, gangsters and jet-setting paedophiles - Roderick Robinson, for example.different context

It could be that the 'clean-up' operation in Praia da Luz involved slightly altered identities and passports -Really ? for what purpose?

- before Madeleine could be announced to be missing. a father handing in an altered passport to Police in charge of his missing daughter won't raise suspicion ?  Sure, if you say so.

Who could've arranged such things?

 A helpful local?  Ur hmm,,, don't think so.  One will need to be very skilled at forgery and equipped with special tool to do that. Do I believe a helpful local would help him do that especially in that circumstances ?  Hell NO!

Gerry's got some powerful interests behind his story...

...so I myself would not rule it out. Really? You seriously think Gerry would do that as if he needs a hole in his head, for no apparent reason? and the forgery went unnoticed by PJ? Defeating his (no apparent) purpose ?

avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by plebgate on 18.10.14 9:28

nglfi wrote:But what would be the purpose of having a fake passport with an image of someone that looks a lot like Gerry and has Gerry's genuine details? Normally a fake passport would have an alternative identity  but we know this to be Gerry's correct identity. So why would he have a picture of someone who looks a lot like him and where would he find them? I think the passport is genuine and the picture is of Gerry.
As Aiyoyo said why start a new thread, thoughts could have been tacked on to The Last photo thread which is very much more interesting (to me at least) since PeterM posted his latest news on it.

If this thread pushes the Last Photo thread off the front page I will give it a bump.

plebgate

Posts : 6072
Reputation : 1734
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by aiyoyo on 18.10.14 9:39

plebgate wrote:
nglfi wrote:But what would be the purpose of having a fake passport with an image of someone that looks a lot like Gerry and has Gerry's genuine details? Normally a fake passport would have an alternative identity  but we know this to be Gerry's correct identity. So why would he have a picture of someone who looks a lot like him and where would he find them? I think the passport is genuine and the picture is of Gerry.

Exactement.

As Aiyoyo said why start a new thread, thoughts could have been tacked on to The Last photo thread which is very much more interesting (to me at least) since PeterM posted his latest news on it.

This topic should not be given oxygen for obvious reason (makes us look like a bunch of loons, no offence). And, most certainly not appropriate to tag to last photo thread, also for obvious reason - stay on topic and all comes to mind.

 Personally,I'm surprised this thread has grown arms and legs and doesn't look to abate.
There is a thread covering photos, including the passport photos and its nitty gritty was already under discussion.

If this thread pushes the Last Photo thread off the front page I will give it a bump.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by juliet on 18.10.14 9:51

The Potuguese police think the McCanns brought a bundle of "Madeleine is missing" posters with them to PdL. It is only the famous Amy Tierney who in 2008 claimed she had printed the pictures off ( on a printer by then lost in France). Most if not all of the holiday pictures featuring Madeleine are faked. The last photo is a lie. The creche records, it is strongly suggested, were a lie. For some reason McCann's passport picture is also a lie. BTW -Aiyoyo's previous many unpleasant posts about this thread have been removed along with my posts complaining about her personal attacks. Is this revisionism usual?
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by Lance De Boils on 18.10.14 10:48

I remember this being discussed years ago. I also remember looking into passport photo rules and seeing that they had become far stricter some time after this passport was issued. 

I remember concluding that nothing useful could be gleaned from K&G's passport pictures. Just imo.
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by LombardySkeptik on 18.10.14 11:18

Lance De Boils wrote:I remember this being discussed years ago. I also remember looking into passport photo rules and seeing that they had become far stricter some time after this passport was issued. 

I remember concluding that nothing useful could be gleaned from K&G's passport pictures. Just imo.


I agree

While it is always worth scrutinising all of the McCann legend, this thesis is rather more out there than most

Remember false passports are usually to mask identity in traveling etc

Are we to imagine that the point of this 'forged passport' thesis is that Gerry McCann is not Gerry McCann....?

____________________
Morto, ma io non ho dimenticato lei

LombardySkeptik

Posts : 80
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by Snifferdog on 18.10.14 11:30

There would need to be a good reason for Gerry to assume a false ID. If we cannot find one, there would be no point in looking into it further.
If it were true, it would open a minefield, and require that we change a lot of our thoughts and perceptions about this case.

____________________
“‘Conspiracy stuff’ is now shorthand for unspeakable truth.”
– Gore Vidal
avatar
Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by juliet on 18.10.14 20:05

All I am sure of is that there is a lot more to this case than "A tragic holiday accident....covered up because they were middle class doctors who were a bit too fond of a drink." Nothing would surprise me about the McCanns. Every photo of Madeleine is questionable so not so odd that Gerry's passport photo doesn't add up. Even the left eye looks drawn on.
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by nglfi on 18.10.14 20:20

But it makes no logical sense for him to do that. Why would Gerry draw up a fake passport picture with a picture of someone who looks almost exactly like him,  what would be the purpose? Unless we are saying the man currently in the media is not Gerry McCann and is someone entirely different who has assumed his identity? But in that case it makes no sense for the photo itself to be altered, it would just be a clear shot of the man we currently know as Gerry McCann,  with no alterations. I'm sorry but I can't see any logic behind it. I'm not saying they're not dodgy and that there's no chance there was any pre planning in this, but I can't see any reason or possibility that the man we know as Gerry McCann has assumed an identity. Think of all of his family and all the people that knew him before the event, someone would speak up.

nglfi

Posts : 441
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by juliet on 18.10.14 20:34

Perhaps as someone said he thought someone had facial recognition memory of him looking into his webcam? Oh no, ludicrous. But all the fake photos of Madeleine - in England and Ireland as well as PdL - are baffling too.
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Confusion is good...

Post by missbeetle on 18.10.14 20:58

There is some discussion at the beginning of the Car Hire thread about whether Gerry held more than one passport.


As to why a doctored passport might need to have been arranged - ideas off the top of my head :

- original one stolen in questionable circumstances

- to hide stamps in passport from odd or suspicious travel eg. previous travel to Portugal

- photograph altered enough to outwit facial recognition technology

- something to do with Witness Protection or Operation Mincemeat


I've had a look at the passport photographs of Gerry and Kate again :

 
(snipped from mccannpjfiles, with thanks)

To me, these pictures look like the sort of portrait pictures used for employment profiles. 'Our team' sort of thing.

Possibly easier to get hold of at short notice than old passport photographs?


All just my ideas and opinions.

____________________
'Tis strange, but true; for truth is always strange...
(from Lord Byron's 'Don Juan', 1823)
avatar
missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by j.rob on 18.10.14 21:51

Good points, missbe!

There are many reasons why people might have more than one passport. Or a dodgy passport. Or even a fake passport.

Why not? Of course there are.

I have also never seen someone sideways on in a passport photo, as Kate is.

I doubt either of those photos are their passport photos, imo.

Why would they be?

Everything that has sprung from their neck of the woods is a falsehood  or lie, so why would this be any different?

IMO.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 232
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by j.rob on 18.10.14 22:03

Think of all of his family and all the people that knew him before the event, someone would speak up.


-----

Yes, isn't it remarkable how no-one speaks up about what the Mc family life was really like? Not one single person.


Apart from the Gaspers, maybe?


I don't believe the purple prose accounts given by a few (who have been paid off?) in the rogatories. They don't ring true to me.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 232
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by Guest on 18.10.14 22:11

j.rob wrote:Good points, missbe!

There are many reasons why people might have more than one passport. Or a dodgy passport. Or even a fake passport.

Why not? Of course there are.

I have also never seen someone sideways on in a passport photo, as Kate is.

I doubt either of those photos are their passport photos, imo.

Why would they be?

Everything that has sprung from their neck of the woods is a falsehood  or lie, so why would this be any different?

IMO.

Haven't a clue why but I keep all my expired passports.  Every one looks like a prime suspect in a police ID parade, Britain's most wanted misery!  I don't remember ever having the option of smiling to improve my otherwise dodgy photographic image.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum