The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Another look at the Last photo

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My two cents' worth...

Post by missbeetle on 19.04.16 7:04

For me, the smoking gun of the Last Photo is Amelie's apparent eyeliner -

that thick black line drawn above her eyelashes.

I contend that it isn't natural, and that it is simply impossible to draw

such a clearly-defined line on a two-year-old's eyelids.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 19.04.16 8:07

@missbeetle wrote:

And do these two children nicked from Google also look like they've got eyeliner on to you?
Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

All in the eye of the beholder...?

Post by missbeetle on 19.04.16 8:18

Hi - no, they don't look to me like they are wearing eyeliner drawn with a thick (and sharp) pencil -

- brushed coal shadow at best - but no, both girls look like they have had their natural upper lash lines

accentuated with photoshopping. As is the case I believe with Amelie in the Last Photograph.

Take this picture in to any decent make-up counter (try Clinique - the ladies have white coats)

and they'll tell you such an effect cannot be replicated on a toddler without sedation.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 19.04.16 8:25

:roll:

I think you need a visit by someone in a white coat 

(carrying one of those jackets with very long sleeves that tie up at the back).
Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.04.16 8:35

@missbeetle wrote:

Dear missbeetle....

You want to go round this circle.. AGAIN?

This was discussed a while ago, I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones yanking everyone's chain - as you do.

You were shown pictures of other young children with heavy eyelashes.

Why do you persist with this nonsense?

Is it funny?
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 19.04.16 10:28

Just to all the others who have thought that the eyeliner is an applied one.  Mrs C. I have small great grandkids who have lashes that right in the place they grow from, when eyes are shut look exactly the same way, dark.  I can promise you  no-one in family would dream of putting any liner on them. joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 20.05.16 20:51

My thanks to PeterMac for all your work. The sunny weather on the Sunday is the most likely day the last photo was taken.

I did examine the photo when it was released and thought it looked odd, esp the long shadow down the front of Gerry.

On page 1 of this thread, it states that the Sun was directly overhead which is completely incorrect as the Tropic of Cancer only goes North 23.4 degrees and Lisbon is 38.7 degrees North. So the Sun could not be directly overhead giving a long shadow down the front of Gerry.  I've added the link to the site which has done more involved calculations on the elevation of the Sun using the photo. I believe this information has been passed to the police but I'm sure any Portuguese knows that the Sun is never directly overhead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropic_of_Cancer

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Latitude+of+Lisbon

I did a quick calculation of the angle of the Sun from the photo and I thought it was not right. However, I came across a webpage where the angle has been calculated much more accurately.

http://truthformadeleine.com/2007/10/theauthor-the-last-photo/

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 22.05.16 4:00

Well, I believe that particular photo is real, the only "Photoshopping" was it being cut down to show Madeliene  on her own (I think this was what was used as a photo in the church & media at some point) 
I do think that the "time" has been changed ( or maybe the camera clock didn't show correctly?) & that it was probably taken on the Sunday as I have learnt that many others believe so too. 
As for the "tennis" photo, that's a whole other ball-game! IMO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 22.05.16 23:59

Here's a video from a photographer who has been in the business for 40 years.

We all know that Gerry's elbow was removed from the single picture of Madeleine and a "magic brush" was used to paint in the stonework behind but I found his comments about how he thought the picture had been assembled quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGBggN9Tuzw
whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Funny farm on 23.05.16 10:23

That youtube video is the best explanation I have ever seen of why the Last Photo makes no sense to me.

You don't need lots of detail, but one simple fact - people cast shadows behind them when they are facing the sun.

We know that the angle of the sun would have been somewhere around 65 degrees from the horizontal, so the shadows would not have been cast vertically downwards (of course), and it's very unlikely that the shadows of all three of them would somehow have been invisible behind them. You would see something, somewhere.

In particular, Amelie's left arm would also cast a shadow somewhere. And not the little bit of shadow almost underneath her - it's too vertical. Remember the elevation of the sun is about 65 degrees.

That's why I can't go along with the theory that the photo might have been taken at Sunday lunchtime.

The same geometry would apply whatever day it had been taken.

Funny farm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.05.16 10:40

Do we have to go around this circle yet again?

Use the search function on this site and find the numerous discussions about shadows, sun angles, reflections, arms and every other objection people have raised about this photo.

The only thing dodgy about this photo is the alleged date it was taken.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Funny farm on 23.05.16 10:43

I have, but in my opinion the youtube video is correct.

Funny farm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.05.16 10:49

@Funny farm wrote:I have, but in my opinion the youtube video is correct.
You can't have.

The search function is your friend.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.05.16 10:56

But.. I'll give you a clue.

Is the lip of the pool raised or not in relation to the area behind it?

(The search function is your friend).

The video is BS.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Funny farm on 23.05.16 11:03

Thank you for your reply Blue Bag. I made my first post on this forum to agree with you regarding the shadows in the Playground Photo, and to contradict the suggestions of some posters that they should all be going in the same direction.

They shouldn't - the photographer is facing away from the sun, so the shadows will lean towards the vertical centre line of the photo. Therefore the shadows are fine, as you correctly illustrated with several good examples.

It's different in the Last Photo because there aren't any ground shadows to analyse - but there should be.

In my opinion there have been too many distractions over the Last Photo, too much detail. It all boils down to one thing - people facing the sun have shadows behind them, and a 65 degree sun would cast shadows significantly long enough to see at least one in the gaps behind them.

I've said my piece, so now I'll leave it to others to decide. But I will be interested to see what you say about the pool surround in case I have missed something.

Funny farm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.05.16 11:11

@Funny farm wrote:It's different in the Last Photo because there aren't any ground shadows to analyse - but there should be.
Nope.

Did you read what I said?

But I will be interested to see what you say about the pool surround in case I have missed something.
Yes you missed something.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.05.16 11:23

The pool has a raised lip.

A picture of which can be seen on the first page of this thread.

You don't even need to search, just read this thread.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 23.05.16 11:27

@FunnyFarm

Richard Hall discussed this photo in his recent documentary; it was anaylized by professionals, if you watch that it may answer some questions/concerns as it is very informative yes

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 23.05.16 11:30

@Funny farm wrote:Thank you for your reply Blue Bag. I made my first post on this forum to agree with you regarding the shadows in the Playground Photo, and to contradict the suggestions of some posters that they should all be going in the same direction.

They shouldn't - the photographer is facing away from the sun, so the shadows will lean towards the vertical centre line of the photo. Therefore the shadows are fine, as you correctly illustrated with several good examples.

It's different in the Last Photo because there aren't any ground shadows to analyse - but there should be.

In my opinion there have been too many distractions over the Last Photo, too much detail. It all boils down to one thing - people facing the sun have shadows behind them, and a 65 degree sun would cast shadows significantly long enough to see at least one in the gaps behind them.

I've said my piece, so now I'll leave it to others to decide. But I will be interested to see what you say about the pool surround in case I have missed something.

Thanks for your input Funny farm. I think the shadows are worth another look. Anyone who says the Sun was directly overhead is wrong.

Please don't be put off by Blue Bag.

IMO I think he has an attitude problem. He attacks posters and says it's silly to make further comments.

I welcome new posters to join in and comment. I hope you will stay and post when you want to.

Blue Bag said he was an Apollo fan so I suggest he has a look at this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXG0REiVzE

NASA seem to be having problems ... big grin
whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.05.16 11:35

@whatsupdoc wrote:

I welcome new posters to join in and comment. I hope you will stay and post when you want to.
I also welcome comments.

Just don't expect pseudo-science to go unchallenged.

The truth is the the truth and has to stand up to scrutiny.

Madeleine McCann is not served well by half-baked theories.

Half-baked theories are ammunition for the "look they're all nutters" crowd.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by biker_don on 23.05.16 11:54

Funny 'satsuma' Farm is taking the pith on this forum just as he is on another forum.

Their photoshopping thread is hilarious and it seems to be the only area of 'research' they can do, apart from trying to guess who Verdi is.

He's here to disrupt.
biker_don

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juulcy on 23.05.16 12:39

@BlueBag wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:

I also welcome comments.

I agree with you. I am a long time reader here, and all the silly threads about photoshopping, eyeliner, clothes and what have you, are, imo, not good. It might put off new readers. And new readers will be coming, 
change is in the air, thanks to all the people chipping away at the mystery. This forum one of the leaders in this, has to keep setting the standard.
Juulcy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 23.05.16 12:54

@Juulcy wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:
@whatsupdoc wrote:

I also welcome comments.

I agree with you. I am a long time reader here, and all the silly threads about photoshopping, eyeliner, clothes and what have you, are, imo, not good. It might put off new readers. And new readers will be coming, 
change is in the air, thanks to all the people chipping away at the mystery. This forum one of the leaders in this, has to keep setting the standard.
thumbsup

The Last Photo has been examined by two independent experts, who are not known to each other, and both say it has not been photoshopped but that the date could have been changed.

Other research on this forum has moved on to when Maddie was last seen and it appears it was much earlier in the week than the McCann's say which suggests the date was changed to fit their faked abduction scenario.

That is where this forum should now be concentrating.
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Versailles on 17.12.16 22:58

@canada12 wrote:Just a point of clarification. I never stated that that exact flowered top photo was the one used in the LP.

What I stated (on the other forum) was that I believed several photos were taken in that particular session, and one of those photos from that session, where she is wearing the flowered top, was used to create the face in the LP. Not that exact photo. But a different photo that has a clear image of Madeleine's face looking to the left.
I have secretly smiled of the claims that the photo was photoshopped. Because I saw no reason for it. And sunglasses, tan, shadows, lines and so forth are not important, as these things can differ.

But I stand corrected. The pattern on the top is the same, and the face in the pool pic is one in a series of photos taken of Madeleine, at an earlier time.

Unless you, yourself has done something to either one of these photos (which I do not think you have), this is concrete evidence.

I am a very skeptic person, who does not believe in anything supernatural or alternative. And I always need evidence for any claims. And here it is.

This can not be explained away.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

REPLY BY MOD:  Unfortunately, canada12 HAD done something to the photos. Please read back to pages 19 to 21 of this thread, where she admits that she had enlarged one version of the photo by 400%. As several knowledgeable posters pointed out to her, all kinds of artifacts and corruptions arise when one digitally or otherwise manipulates an image. The so-called 'pattern' of a dress/top that canada12 claimed to have seen is indeed merely an artifact.

We have the opinion of respected poster JRP on this thread who, from his knowledge of photography offered this observation:

QUOTE >>  

"Most photographs which appear on the Internet have been reduced in size to speed up loading on websites. Even the best high res photographs you see on the net will have degradation purely due to the Internet itself creating algorithms which interpret colour, light and shade  etc.

The reduced quality is due to compression of pixels, those little coloured squares which make up a digital photo. They are shunted around and merge and make worm like patterns. Termed as digital artifacts, these become part of an image, embedded in the image data.

If the image is copied, and reissued on the Internet,  then this image gains its own artifacts. So artifacts on top of artifacts begin to deteriorate an image. 

If an image is grabbed from the Internet and resized, and then republished, it gets worse.

So. The high res version has the least amount of artifacts, and as you go down the chain of copy, copied copy of a reduced copy and so on, more artifacts appear. 

I believe that is what has happened here, they are patterns formed by digital artifacts". 

>> UNQUOTE

Overwhelming evidence has been produced on this thread and the other main 'Last Photo' thread that the Last Photo is a genuine, unaltered, unphotoshopped photograph. The only issue is WHEN it was taken.

If anyone wants to reintroduce the photoshopping argument for this photo they will have to have very powerful evidence for doing so.

canada12 was no doubt doing her best, but was clearly in error as shown by the posts of JRP and others

- Mod     
Versailles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by icanseeyou on 18.12.16 4:29

I agree. 
Whether or not that picture was or wasn't photo shopped doesn't shed any light on what happened to Maddie. It implies a bit of the 'JonBonet Ramsey syndrome / miss pageant / litte girls as sexualised' theory.  That won't go anywhere as even the original case hasn't in 20 years . The date is important. Richard Hall, if memory serves, did some work looking at the met office reports and other pictures taken by others on the same day. I think the conclusion he came to was that it was overcast /dull whereas Gerry McCann's claim of the pictures taken the same date had sunshine and shadows.It would be impossible for both parties to be right. So, the source that Richard Hall used should be researched further in my opinion. If the met office stands by his evidence, the conclusion then speaks out for us.
icanseeyou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum