The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.10.14 10:11

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-03/couple-face-jail-for-selling-bogus-bomb-detectors-which-they-said-could-find-madeleine-mccann/

A couple face jail today for making bogus bomb detectors in their garden shed which they said could find missing Madeleine McCann.

Husband and wife Samuel and Joan Tree made "outlandish claims" that the dud devices could track down explosives and drugs.

But the detectors, known as Alpha 6 and marketed through their company Keygrove, were just plastic boxes with an antenna strapped on to them and bits of torn-up paper inside.

They cost just a few pounds to make but were sold for more than £1,100.

One of the boxes was found to have a photograph of missing Madeleine cut into pieces inside.

The Trees are understood to have raked in hundreds of thousands of pounds after making up to 1,500 of the devices in the back garden of their semi-detached home.


++++++++++++++++++

So money does grow on Trees...

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14346
Reputation : 2578
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by BlueBag on 03.10.14 10:23

That story makes no sense.

What exactly were they found guilty of?
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 3858
Reputation : 1738
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by pauloptix on 03.10.14 10:35

It's yet another Mccann story in the press this week... plus the Gamble story, plus the trolls, plus the £55k payout plus.. plus.. plus

Somethings definitely about to drop. 

Or Clarence spent the whole Conference texting his press buddies thinking

pauloptix

Posts : 28
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by Guest on 03.10.14 11:59

@BlueBag wrote:That story makes no sense.

What exactly were they found guilty of?

I agree. Has nobody heard of caveat emptor? It's any idiot who actually bought one - especially with public money - that needs locking up, IMO.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by MRNOODLES on 03.10.14 12:02

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:That story makes no sense.

What exactly were they found guilty of?

I agree. Has nobody heard of caveat emptor? It's any idiot who actually bought one - especially with public money - that needs locking up, IMO.

Seriously, you've got to be incredibly thick to think you only have to insert a photo in a box.
avatar
MRNOODLES

Posts : 659
Reputation : 227
Join date : 2013-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by BlueBag on 03.10.14 12:02

Exactly! Anyone with half a brain could see that £1,100 on one of those is going to be a waste of money.

Apparently the Thailand Police bought loads.. but I suspect someone there knew they were useless but got a nice little earner.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 3858
Reputation : 1738
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by plebgate on 03.10.14 12:04

@BlueBag wrote:That story makes no sense.

What exactly were they found guilty of?
Is this the same couple who said that road side bombs in Iraq could be detected with these boxes also?  Didn't the MOD or some offical department buy them believing that these boxes could do just that?

plebgate

Posts : 5702
Reputation : 1422
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by PeterMac on 03.10.14 12:06

Three and a half years for him
Suspended for her !

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 154
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by BlueBag on 03.10.14 12:11

Didn't the MOD or some offical department buy them believing that these boxes 



That would make ZERO sense.

The articles I've seen about all this are a bit vague.

But they like to mention Madeleine as if that's what it was all about.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 3858
Reputation : 1738
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.10.14 12:17

@plebgate wrote:
Is this the same couple who said that road side bombs in Iraq could be detected with these boxes also?  Didn't the MOD or some offical department buy them believing that these boxes could do just that?
No, that was someone else, who made something pompously called the ADE-651:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/exclusive-iraq-still-using-bogus-bomb-detectors--and-thousands-pay-the-price-8854567.html

I think btw that the offence in the current case was either 'obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception' or maybe plain and simple 'fraud'.



P.S.  MR. NOODLES wrote:
  
Seriously, you've got to be incredibly thick to think you only have to insert a photo in a box.

Could this be a possible reason why the majority of British people believe every single word uttered by the McCanns, their paid PR men, advisers and supporters in the mainstream media?    

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 14346
Reputation : 2578
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

Back to top Go down

Re: Bogus bomb detectors that 'could find Madeleine McCann' - Couple face jail for selling them at over £1,100 each

Post by plebgate on 03.10.14 12:19

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
Is this the same couple who said that road side bombs in Iraq could be detected with these boxes also?  Didn't the MOD or some offical department buy them believing that these boxes could do just that?
No, that was someone else, who made something pompously called the ADE-651:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/exclusive-iraq-still-using-bogus-bomb-detectors--and-thousands-pay-the-price-8854567.html

I think btw that the offence in the current case was either 'obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception' or maybe plain and simple 'fraud'.



P.S.  MR. NOODLES wrote:
  
Seriously, you've got to be incredibly thick to think you only have to insert a photo in a box.

Could this be a possible reason why the majority of British people believe every single word uttered by the McCanns, their paid PR men, advisers and supporters in the mainstream media?    
Thanks Tony, so many scammers about losing track   lol.

plebgate

Posts : 5702
Reputation : 1422
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum