The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Times article on social media

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Times article on social media

Post by woodbine on 02.10.14 10:16

If the only result of this is that a few more people do their own independent research into this case, then I can accept the momentary anger at the continued press bias.

Anybody who hasn't read up on this case, would read that article and think "Why would anyone be so angered by the parents of the victim of an abduction?".  And after 15 minutes of googling, think "Oh I see."

woodbine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic on 02.10.14 10:27

What is strange and intriguing regarding this and blogs stopping blogging due to threats is not one mention of it by the 4 (or could it be just 1) posters on jatyk2 (pro forum) when usually they have a great time between themselves copying and pasting quotes from here and other places - following up with comments that always include the words numpties and haters followed by post after post of pats on the back and congratulations for their comments

Sceptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 02.10.14 10:32

@jozi wrote:er, this is from the Daily Mail

" The couple, who were cleared by police from any part in their daughter’s disappearance, have been told by trolls to ‘burn in hell "

When were they cleared by police ??? Have I missed something ?

What trolls?

Internet mind games.

Set up accounts, create "hate" posts, complain about "hate" posts.

PROBLEM - REACTION - SOLUTION.

Some media management going on?

Pathetic.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 02.10.14 10:36

@Ladyinred wrote:@TB 7.42 am

The material is being assessed by officers who are liaising with prosecutors and the missing girl's family.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said:

We can confirm we received a letter and documentation on September 9 which was passed to officers from Operation Grange.
They are assessing its contents and consulting with the CPS and the McCann family.
– Metropolitan Police

Operation Grange is the name for the Metropolitan Police's involvement in the search for Madeleine.

Last updated Thu 2 Oct 2014

Why would Operation Grange be looking at twitter accounts?  It's not part of their remit.  What individuals choose to tweet is not relevant to finding out what happened to MBM seven+ years ago.
I think the pros in their ignorance must have given this 'dossier' to Operation Grange, who have then passed it to the appropriate people, ie Met and CPS.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 02.10.14 10:47

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I have seen some of the worst abuse coming from 'pros' - they very rarely if ever have any sort of evidence to back up what they are saying, and very quickly resort to really quite horrible abuse. They abuse both Amaral and anyone daring to criticse, I've been attacked on twitter before. Perhaps someone should create a dossier to show it is entirely two sided and both sets are just as bad as each other. Unfortunately there are intelligent people who want to debate on twitter, but there are also idiots who will jump on any bandwagon just so they can have someone to abuse. This is true of both sides, not just antis. Abuse shouldn't be any more important just because it is directed against the McCanns rather than any other individual.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Victims of abuse .."

Post by Searcher on 02.10.14 10:52

I am just listening to a radio phone-in, where the presenter can only focus on the McCanns as victims, and the vile abuses against them of "trolls" online.

There has been no mention at all of another view, of public concerns for all the evidence to be available - nothing, only the McCanns as victims and a 'blameless couple' whose only self-blame is for leaving their children sleeping "dining nearby, and popping back regularly to check on them".

It should be of great concern that any other view is being perpetrated as the 'lunatic lobby' - presenter has just used that phrase. 

My sense is that this is now degenerating further into "the wounded innocent v. ugly trolls".  What can be done to correct this?

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.10.14 11:06

I wonder if Dr G Amaral will have something to say about this "hate" campaign against the McCann's?

Maybe we should remind Martin Brunt and other newspapers, who decide to post a one-sided article. Having read McCann Hashtag for many months (but have NEVER posted) I was disgusted with the filth thrown from BOTH sides, but most of the tweets were from people wanting answers to valid questions. I believe all those who questioned the T9 and their supporters, fell into the "Hate" category. As for the so-called "pros", they never seem to have anything other that abuse for those who were genuinely seeking answers. As for "haters", what category should these people be in?:

Take THIS ID for example:

SCUM COP AMORAL. How much lower can someone crawl into the gutter?

I can't wait for the day when Dr AMARAL has HIS day in court against the likes of the above, and it WILL come. Have faith!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 02.10.14 11:11

We don't control the media machine but we can make our views known on the net. I believe the Tapas group were at Chaplins on the Tuesday night which is 800 yards from 5A so if this has been established by the PJ then the McCanns were dining nearly half a mile away and not in their own back garden as it has been portrayed. They wouldn't have been "popping back" every few minutes as they intimated.

As the abductor was the figment of the McCann's imagination it is not surprising that the Met have spent 7 years and £10M looking for a person that doesn't exist. The McCanns have hardly been cleared of any wrong-doing. There is nobody else in the frame.
whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 02.10.14 11:13

If we take a positive point of view about these newspaper stories... if the reading public didn't know before that there was a group of people online who strongly disbelieve the McCanns' version of events... they certainly do now! And they now also know how to go looking for these anti-McCann comments, how to search for particular hashtags, and their curiosity may be further aroused and they'll seek out forums and facebook pages just to see what's been allegedly said.

Excellent publicity.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Victims of abuse" ..

Post by Searcher on 02.10.14 11:19

I have emailed the presenter, pointing him to this forum.  In listening to the phone-in, I have been very concerned by the entrenched and absolute statements of innocence - from a presenter who is supposed to be at least open to a neutral approach.  Instead, he is content to tell the whole nation categorically that there is nothing of concern here except the hateful trolls.  Not only that, but all the callers supported his view, and I would imagine no other voices were allowed in.

So this is the quality of dedicated journalism now in this country?  On prime-time "trusted" national media.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by .Guest.. on 02.10.14 11:26

@canada12 wrote:If we take a positive point of view about these newspaper stories... if the reading public didn't know before that there was a group of people online who strongly disbelieve the McCanns' version of events... they certainly do now! And they now also know how to go looking for these anti-McCann comments, how to search for particular hashtags, and their curiosity may be further aroused and they'll seek out forums and facebook pages just to see what's been allegedly said.

Excellent publicity.

Totally agree canada12. There is no such thing as bad publicity. The more people question events the more chance there is that the truth will eventually surface. I abhor anyone who uses threats of violence to underscore their view but peaceful protest and dogged determination cannot be seen to be a crime. After all if we were to be imprisoned for taking a different stance than the establishment would like us to take on any subject, the jails would be filled to overflowing, the courts would be so backlogged real criminals would never be tried and a huge amount of public money would be misdirected to pursue the dissenters.
If this forum continues to seek the truth in a civilised fashion without recourse to threats and insults to anyone with a viewpoint then it has nothing to fear.

.Guest..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 02.10.14 11:39

Yep, a few more thousand 'haters' will be joining various fora once they do a quick google on this 'evil hate campaign' against the McCann's big grin anyone would think the media etc. are turning the public against the McCann's on purpose, whilst appearing to sympathise thinking

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.10.14 11:43

anon357 wrote:
@canada12 wrote:If we take a positive point of view about these newspaper stories... if the reading public didn't know before that there was a group of people online who strongly disbelieve the McCanns' version of events... they certainly do now! And they now also know how to go looking for these anti-McCann comments, how to search for particular hashtags, and their curiosity may be further aroused and they'll seek out forums and facebook pages just to see what's been allegedly said.

Excellent publicity.

Totally agree canada12. There is no such thing as bad publicity. The more people question events the more chance there is that the truth will eventually surface. I abhor anyone who uses threats of violence to underscore their view but peaceful protest and dogged determination cannot be seen to be a crime. After all if we were to be imprisoned for taking a different stance than the establishment would like us to take on any subject, the jails would be filled to overflowing, the courts would be so backlogged real criminals would never be tried and a huge amount of public money would be misdirected to pursue the dissenters.
If this forum continues to seek the truth in a civilised fashion without recourse to threats and insults to anyone with a viewpoint then it has nothing to fear.

I totally agree, anon. When the day comes that we can't ask valid questions, and expect the powers that be to answer them in a clear and honest fashion, then we may as well shut up shop and go home. Last one out, shut the light off!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloptix on 02.10.14 11:43

MAIL ONLINE Home News Page

135 stories in total

134  stories open for comment

1 Story not open for comment. sarcastic Can anyone guess which one?

pauloptix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 02.10.14 11:48

Well said. I wouldn't put this forum in the category described. It is maintained and run in a very civilised manner. The "haters" word comes from the McCanns themselves about anyone not agreeing with their version of events. To be branded a hater could also be seen as quite disrespectful and abusive if they want to go down that road. 

S&S have stirred all this up by the publication of the book. It wouldn't surprise me if they have taken it upon 
themselves to carry out a bit of damage limitation to trivialise all the questions about the many omitted facts.

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 02.10.14 11:48

@sallypelt wrote:I totally agree, anon. When the day comes that we can't ask valid questions, and expect the powers that be to answer them in a clear and honest fashion, then we may as well shut up shop and go home. Last one out, shut the light off!

FOI questions are now abusive it seems.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 02.10.14 12:08

@pauloptix wrote:MAIL ONLINE Home News Page

135 stories in total

Now let me think  thinking  which story that could be......they really are desperadoes !!!
jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick on 02.10.14 12:09

@pauloptix wrote:MAIL ONLINE Home News Page

135 stories in total

BT.com is the only one I can find taking comments

http://home.bt.com/news/uknews/mccanns-online-abuse-dossier-probed-11363935566385

Baldrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Victims of abuse" ..

Post by Searcher on 02.10.14 12:21

Well said; this forum is a major cause of any hope I have that justice will prevail.  A huge thankyou for the quality and care that makes it possible.friends

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.10.14 12:30

Good to see that visitors to the PJ Files are working overtime.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick on 02.10.14 12:52

@sallypelt wrote:Good to see that visitors to the PJ Files are working overtime.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

lol!

Baldrick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Polls believe the parents are involved in Madeleine's disappearance despite no evidence

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.10.14 12:56

Can anyone confirm the exact wording of what I just heard on SKY News?

It was:

"Polls believe the parents are involved in Madeleine's disappearance despite no evidence"

Have we now become a nation which believes that parents of a missing child may be involved - where there is no evidence?

How appalling!

How utterly shameful!

P.S. What polls? Have they been published anywhere? - or suppressed?

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unchained melody on 02.10.14 12:57

It was trolls not polls tony

unchained melody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 02.10.14 12:57

@Tony Bennett wrote:Can anyone confirm the exact wording of what I just heard on SKY News?

It was:

"Polls believe the parents are involved in Madeleine's disappearance despite no evidence"

Have we now become a nation which believes that parents of a missing child may be involved - where there is no evidence?

How appalling!

How utterly shameful!

P.S. What polls? Have they been published anywhere? - or suppressed?
No, only the polls believe this not the actual people

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.14 13:08

@HelenMeg wrote:

No, only the polls believe this not the actual people

Maybe it's what Poles believe?

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top