The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Mm11

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Regist10

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by j.rob on 29.09.14 20:20

@Okeydokey wrote:
@Hobs wrote:I was in asda today and my inner child( who is very naughty escaped)

I was browsing the books section looking for the new Terry Pratchett book when i espied the Looking for Madeleine book.

I am ashamed to say i could not help myself and as a result spent a fun 20 minutes rearranging various books  to make my opinion known

As a result, surrounding the Looking for Madeleine book  both above and below and on either sidespines out i placed the following titles

An Evil Mind by Chris Carter, The Murder Bag by Tony Parsons, The secret Place by Tana French, The Good Psycopaths Guide to Success by Andy McNab and kevin Dutton, Adultery by Paul Coelho, Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs, Ripleys Believe it or Not, Disney's Frozen, Stick Man and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

i found it satisfying to say the least :)

You really dunked them in it there!

HA! Did you get a photo?
avatar
j.rob

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty BREAKING NEWS PLEASE READ THIS. COPY AND SAVE ! !

Post by PeterMac on 29.09.14 20:32

http://my-mccann-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

My McCann thoughts
Monday, September 29, 2014
Closed
I have been persuaded by men in suits that I should not publish another post about the McCann case.



Add this to the FACT that Winters and Goose have deleted every reference to their book (or their NOT- book - don't you just love Orwell !)

What the H*** is going on.

____________________

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10586
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by Guest on 29.09.14 20:49

Scotland Yard, CR or the faceless suited ones from on high?

If I wasn't a believer in the whitewash camp, I would hope fervently that it is OG that have stepped in citing a potential compromise of possible evidence.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by canada12 on 29.09.14 20:51

@PeterMac wrote:http://my-mccann-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

My McCann thoughts
Monday, September 29, 2014
Closed
I have been persuaded by men in suits that I should not publish another post about the McCann case.



Add this to the FACT that Winters and Goose have deleted every reference to their book (or their NOT- book - don't you just love Orwell !)

What the H*** is going on.
Perhaps someone's suing Swan and Summers for something. Maybe it's Mr. Amaral suing them for being ridiculous?
avatar
canada12

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by Hobs on 29.09.14 22:42

Poor Asda.

Once again my inner child escaped and i had a teensy weensy play with the books.

I did manage to drag my inner child away and bribe her with a bulb horn to play with (it is now safely installed on my trolley so i can honk when i want people to shift out my way)  big grin


Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Asdabo11

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
Hobs
Hobs
Researcher/Analyst

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 55
Location : uk

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by Doug D on 29.09.14 22:56

Comments still on the 'closing' blog, including one from Joana Morais asking if he can be more specific about the 'men in suits', but no further response.

I doubt there will be one, but it would be nice to be wrong.
avatar
Doug D

Posts : 2942
Join date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by aiyoyo on 29.09.14 23:15

Men in suits ? Gerry ? and the " pig-color-guy-in-sloppy-suit" doing community service cleaning the park pretending to be promising political candidate?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by Okeydokey on 29.09.14 23:34

@PeterMac wrote:http://my-mccann-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

My McCann thoughts
Monday, September 29, 2014
Closed
I have been persuaded by men in suits that I should not publish another post about the McCann case.



Add this to the FACT that Winters and Goose have deleted every reference to their book (or their NOT- book - don't you just love Orwell !)

What the H*** is going on.

Winters and Goose is so spot on! Well done!!!
avatar
Okeydokey

Posts : 938
Join date : 2013-10-18

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by canada12 on 12.10.14 22:26

@Okeydokey wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://my-mccann-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

My McCann thoughts
Monday, September 29, 2014
Closed
I have been persuaded by men in suits that I should not publish another post about the McCann case.



Add this to the FACT that Winters and Goose have deleted every reference to their book (or their NOT- book - don't you just love Orwell !)

What the H*** is going on.

Winters and Goose is so spot on! Well done!!!

It seems the author of the blog has some thoughts now about the dossier, its timing, the timing of the book, etc:

http://my-mccann-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/

Friday, October 10, 2014
Coincidences? You decide.
I really should get back to the McCann case evidence. Still much to say about DNA, Dogs, slamming doors & whooshing curtains etc Yet I feel compelled to comment on recent events once again.

The Dossier
Many people who have an interest in the McCann case knew that tweets, posts & personal information about anonymous posters on facebook & twitter was being collected in a systematic an organised way. The people doing the collecting & collating made no secret of what they were doing. There was also little doubt that at some point at least some of the information gathered, along with tweets & FB posts deemed to be "hateful" or "threatening" would end up in the hands of the police. Though many seemed to think it would only be used to name and shame on FB or Twitter as had been done by both sides many times before.

The Book by Summers and Swan
This book came as much more of a surprise at least to me. Books of this sort often do come as something of a surprise so there is nothing very unusual about that. The authors did make some effort earlier in the year to contact a few so called "anti" McCann who post on forums, FB & twitter for comment. I have little idea what was said to these people, but it is clear that they did not widely publicise the fact that they had been contacted or that there was a book being written. Thus the book came to most peoples attention towards that end of August only when the pre-publication promotion began. There were notable exceptions to this surprised reaction to the books publication. Some, perhaps most, of the pro McCann lobby seemed to be expecting the announcement and showed little or no surprise. They also seemed to have a good idea that the book would be supportive of the McCann's abduction story.

It seems obvious to me now that the books main aims were twofold:

1. To promote the idea that there was real evidence that an abductor, or at least several people who could have been abductors, were at large in Praia da Luz in spring 2007. While at the same time dismissing, out of hand & with hardly any valid argument or discussion, all evidence that might incriminate the McCanns.

2. To make the readers aware of the online activity by people who question the abduction theory and think that the McCanns were involved in some way in their daughters disappearance. Such people were labelled as "haters"and many details given, often about the worst among them, in an effort to discredit all who post or tweet.

Of these it is possible that the main objective was the second. All the other information about the case was already in the public domain. There was very little if anything new in terms of facts, and certainly no new ideas or leads. However the so called "hate campaign", which is not a campaign at all, has not been widely reported. Only a few isolated incidents such as the silly London marathon "anyone got a gun?" post on facebook have been reported. It seems quite possible that the book was written, at least in part, with the intention of spreading the message that the McCanns were the subject of a "hate campaign" to as wide an audience as possible. Of course the seemingly very low book sales mean this objective wasn't achieved.

We now know, through a freedom of information request, that the authors tried to coordinate the publication of the book with the end of the Operation Grange investigation. The police refused a request for information about the end of Operation Grange

The Times lawsuit.
This was announced at the beginning of August 2014. The offending article had appeared in October 2013 soon after the CrimeWatch program. The Times had published an apology/correction soon after the original article was published. I don't know exactly when the lawsuit was filed, but it appears to have been in July or August with the resulting out of court settlement being made soon after the Summers and Swan book was published.

The Damages Trial
The trial in Portugal in which the McCanns are seeking damages from Goncalo Amaral and others had been hearing evidence in June and was due to conclude with the Judges verdict in September.

Coincidences?
Are these coincidences?

The book publication, lawsuit settlement and dossier all occur within a few weeks of each other.

The book publication, lawsuit and dossier all occur soon after Operation Grange completes digs and interviews in Portugal.

The book, lawsuit and dossier all occur at the same time as the judge in the damages trial was due to give a verdict.



Which of the explanations below seems more likely?

1. It is possible that the book publisher thought Sept 11th was a good time to release the book entirely independently & without knowledge of the dossier or the lawsuit. Perhaps thinking that the trial verdict would be at that time and chose not to postpone when it became known the trial verdict would be delayed.

2. It is possible that the McCanns & their lawyers decided to sue The Times entirely independently & without having any influence over the book publication date or the dossier release. The long delay between the offending article and the lawsuit being due to?......I'm sure there must be a reason,but I can't think of one.

3. It is possible that those who compiled the dossier handed it to..... well we aren't sure who they handed it to, but never mind.....without having any influence over the book publication date or the timing of the lawsuit settlement. Presumably the dossier just happened to be completed at the beginning of September.

4. It is possible that the McCanns or people acting on their behalf could have exercised control over the timing of all three of these events in an effort to get maximum impact at the same time that a verdict was due in the damages trial in Portugal.


Footnote:

While I was writing the above Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe spoke in an interview and said that the the dossier was handed to the police by the McCanns. He may have made a mistake about this, but if he is correct it supports the suggestion that the McCanns might have coordinated these events.
avatar
canada12

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by plebgate on 13.10.14 0:44

Has Mr. Hogan Howe corrected any mistakes he may have made in that interview?
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6476
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by tigger on 13.10.14 6:51

@Canada12 Great post!

The 'dossier' I would think was most likely compiled by the MMU of TM. This calls up all sorts of possibilities - it is not compiled by a non partisan unit, it may therefore - in part at least consist of 'hate' material that has been provoked by other tweets which are not included in the dossier.

It cannot be other than a biased report therefore.

Imo the close association between TM and SKY (remember Gerry's call to them around 8/9/07, giving them the time of their flight and the command:'Be there!') Is one of symbiosis.

Trial by media is what we"ve just seen. That's fine of course when you're in bed with them, they won't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, not until it stops laying of course. winkwink

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by canada12 on 13.10.14 7:19

@tigger wrote:@Canada12 Great post!

The 'dossier'  I would think was most likely compiled by the MMU  of TM. This calls up all sorts of possibilities - it is not compiled by a non partisan unit, it may therefore - in part at least consist of 'hate' material  that has been provoked by other tweets  which are not included in the dossier.

It cannot be other than a biased report therefore.

Imo the close association between TM and SKY (remember Gerry's call to them around 8/9/07, giving them the time of their flight and the command:'Be there!')   Is one of symbiosis.

Trial by media is what we"ve just seen.  That's fine of course when you're in bed with them, they won't  kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, not until it stops laying of course. winkwink

Agreed, Tigger. It's not my post though - these are the thoughts of the fellow who was doing the chapter by chapter review of the S&S book until he was advised otherwise by the men in suits :-)

I think the dossier was in the works for some time, and timed to coincide with all of the things mentioned above. We can only imagine what the ultimate plans were. I think Brenda's death disrupted those plans in a huge way. So, two strikes out for the McCanns.
avatar
canada12

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by tigger on 13.10.14 8:48

Roughly, this is what happened though?

This is a little more sophisticated than their usual efforts, somebody from Common Purpose?

1.Swan and Summers, chosen for the Pullitzer word.
2. Times 'fine' arranged long beforehand, many months ago
3.Arrange with Sky and press 'revelation' of tweets question is why choose Brenda, convenient for Sky for some reason?
4.The doorstepping by Brunt as a sensational 'opening' or escalation of this campaign.
5.Tabloids primed with the usual and the chance for the public  to participate, Big Brother live!
6.Following that, more publicity for Gerry who gets to be interviewed by Humphreys -
Gerry accuses a high court judge of corruption on prime time radio.
7. Press opening of Child Alert with suitable pics of the pair looking sad and serious.

So close! Interviewed by JH just like the politician he'd like to be and then he calls a judge corrupt, Humphries telling him it is a serious allegation, GM not retracting.  Dear me, the judge isn't going to like that at all.

Apart from that little bonus from the Times which was easily recouped from the extra tabloids sold,  can't see that the other points were a success.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by Okeydokey on 13.10.14 13:23

@tigger wrote:Roughly, this is what happened though?

This is a little more sophisticated than their usual efforts, somebody from Common Purpose?

1.Swan and Summers, chosen for the Pullitzer word.
2. Times 'fine' arranged long beforehand, many months ago
3.Arrange with Sky and press 'revelation' of tweets question is why choose Brenda, convenient for Sky for some reason?
4.The doorstepping by Brunt as a sensational 'opening' or escalation of this campaign.
5.Tabloids primed with the usual and the chance for the public  to participate, Big Brother live!
6.Following that, more publicity for Gerry who gets to be interviewed by Humphreys -
Gerry accuses a high court judge of corruption on prime time radio.
7. Press opening of Child Alert with suitable pics of the pair looking sad and serious.

So close! Interviewed by JH just like the politician he'd like to be and then he calls a judge corrupt, Humphries telling him it is a serious allegation, GM not retracting.  Dear me, the judge isn't going to like that at all.

Apart from that little bonus from the Times which was easily recouped from the extra tabloids sold,  can't see that the other points were a success.

Yes, looks like this was their "Autumn offensive" plan...thanks to brave Brenda standing up to them, though, it hasn't gone according to plan. Let's hope it's their Stalingrad.


avatar
Okeydokey

Posts : 938
Join date : 2013-10-18

Back to top Go down

Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting new blog - Looking For Madeleine: A chapter by chapter review

Post by pennylane on 13.10.14 13:41

@Okeydokey wrote:
@tigger wrote:Roughly, this is what happened though?

This is a little more sophisticated than their usual efforts, somebody from Common Purpose?

1.Swan and Summers, chosen for the Pullitzer word.
2. Times 'fine' arranged long beforehand, many months ago
3.Arrange with Sky and press 'revelation' of tweets question is why choose Brenda, convenient for Sky for some reason?
4.The doorstepping by Brunt as a sensational 'opening' or escalation of this campaign.
5.Tabloids primed with the usual and the chance for the public  to participate, Big Brother live!
6.Following that, more publicity for Gerry who gets to be interviewed by Humphreys -
Gerry accuses a high court judge of corruption on prime time radio.
7. Press opening of Child Alert with suitable pics of the pair looking sad and serious.

So close! Interviewed by JH just like the politician he'd like to be and then he calls a judge corrupt, Humphries telling him it is a serious allegation, GM not retracting.  Dear me, the judge isn't going to like that at all.

Apart from that little bonus from the Times which was easily recouped from the extra tabloids sold,  can't see that the other points were a success.

Yes, looks like this was their "Autumn offensive" plan...thanks to brave Brenda standing up to them, though, it hasn't gone according to plan.  Let's hope it's their Stalingrad.


8. Redwood and Team fly out to Faro to re-question 'persons of interest.' Also part of the sleazy "Autumn offensive" imo
avatar
pennylane

Posts : 2770
Join date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum