The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Mm11

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Mm11

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Regist10

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by espeland 13.09.14 12:15

Amazon have the hardback now number 33,621 in Books. LOL

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by PeterMac 13.09.14 12:46

espeland wrote:Amazon have the paperback now number 33,621 in Books. LOL

Is this the hardback from which people have torn the covers off in total frustration ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 13.09.14 12:54

PeterMac wrote:
espeland wrote:Amazon have the paperback now number 33,621 in Books. LOL

Is this the hardback from which people have torn the covers off in total frustration ?

Oops!

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.14 13:14

Its probably been mentioned in the thread apologies if so,but have the TM scored a massive own goal here, a couple of questions to start with.

How long in the planning does it take for a book to be published?

How long in the planning does the Crimewatch update take before being shown.

Is it a coincidence these things are just a week apart,on top of that  it has been mentioned that the Libel trial might have been reconvened this past week,coincidences? not sure on that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 13.09.14 15:29

jeanmonroe wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 51fwpRj4DML._SX75_CR,0,0,75,75_ Talking about photos something of the grotesque in this image imo. Awful image for a book cover when you look closely looks also like head planted on someone with cleavage, apart from the out of place facial expression.

Problem is, if they wanted to put an image of Madeleine herself on the cover then they weren't exactly spoilt for choice, were they? The best one was already spoken for - ideally the McCanns would have come up with another that has never been in the public domain, but does such a thing exist?

They could of used this, April 2014, most updated 'aged progression' one, couldn't they?

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Aprilm10

If i didn't know better i'd think ALL these book 'writers' want the public to ALWAYS only 'look' for an almost 4 years old, frozen in time, 'missing' child.

Weird, innit?
Madeleine the young child has now become an iconic image, instantaneously recognizable, and is therefore the best choice for a book cover for any book about her. Not that the book is about her, but you know what I mean. You would tend to use an image for a biography of a famous person as they looked at their most famous to the eyes of the time you are writing in because you need to create a cover that sells books. If it's David Atemborough, you'd use the picture of him as an elderly man because that's what we remember most on our screens. If it's James Garner, you might use a younger, 'Rockford Files' era image because he looked very different as an old man. I watched a whole film with him in it only to be shocked to see it was James when the end-titles rolled. The age-progressed image is just a possibility, not necessarily truth. That's just a theory, by the way, but I think it might offer an explanation. There's a very good pencil drawing I've seen of Madeleine that would make a nice cover though.

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 13.09.14 15:40

This book is a blatant scam imo. These two authors have now entered themselves into the consiparacy that is Madeleine, and are now viewed with the same little respect as the Mccanns. These two writers have now ruined their reputations by being associated with the mccscum.

Anyone with half a brain can see that they wrote this book with a clear objective, and they are 100% siding with the mccanns and looking at nothing but the mccanns side of the 'story'. 

This has got to be one of the worst pieces of writing I have come across in my time on eath, the book is not even fit to use as fire-starting material!

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 13.09.14 15:47

Tony Bennett wrote:
roy rovers wrote:
[quote from book review of 'Looking for Madeleine' on Amazon'   "Sadly, and inexplicably, Summers has taken recently to becoming an apologist for incredulous 'official' narratives - for writing volumes which reassure the reader that it is safe to overlook the inconvenient, irrepressible, undeniable facts which defy attempts at whitewashing, to disregard them".
Exactly so.

Whatever undeserved credibility these authors once had, they have completely blown it - for life - by publishing this book.

I believe they will both one day bitterly rue the day they took a dishonest shilling to publish such a dishonest book
'Pends how much they've been slipped to write it!

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 13.09.14 15:58

jeanmonroe wrote:
Woofer wrote:Wonder who commissioned S&S to purify the corruption.

"Did both of you 'ghost write' the Summers and Swan book, Looking for Madeleine?"

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Captur29

"Erm, we're not going to comment on that"
That pic of Kate looks so cheeky! She could have done the Cheeky Bingo ads that used to begin and end all the add breaks on the Jezza Kyle show! "Cheeky Bum Bum!"

Kate's kinda foxy.

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 13.09.14 16:00

sonic72 wrote:This book is a blatant scam imo. These two authors have now entered themselves into the consiparacy that is Madeleine, and are now viewed with the same little respect as the Mccanns. These two writers have now ruined their reputations by being associated with the mccscum.

Anyone with half a brain can see that they wrote this book with a clear objective, and they are 100% siding with the mccanns and looking at nothing but the mccanns side of the 'story'. 

This has got to be one of the worst pieces of writing I have come across in my time on eath, the book is not even fit to use as fire-starting material!
And I bet they knew that from the second they put pen to paper, or finger to keyboard.

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 13.09.14 18:05

Joana Morais on this page re the new book. A must read at what they have done,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anthony-Summers-Robbyn-Swan/108905915872218

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.09.14 18:15

Nina wrote:Joana Morais on this page re the new book. A must read at what they have done,

Now if Joana could afford CR,would they take up her case?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger 13.09.14 19:56

Brian Griffin wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:

"Did both of you 'ghost write' the Summers and Swan book, Looking for Madeleine?"

That pic of Kate looks so cheeky! She could have done the Cheeky Bingo ads that used to begin and end all the add breaks on the Jezza Kyle show! "Cheeky Bum Bum!"

Kate's kinda foxy.

In my opinion.

Foxy like Knoxy?
truthfultiger

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 13.09.14 20:20

SUMMERS AND SWAN CHANGED THEIR COVER PHOTO

What is that all about?

Nina wrote:Joana Morais on this page re the new book. A must read at what they have done,

Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 13.09.14 21:21

truthfultiger wrote:
Brian Griffin wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:

Kate's kinda foxy.

In my opinion.

Foxy like Knoxy?
Well, I wouldn't go that far...

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 13.09.14 21:22

Markus 2 wrote:SUMMERS AND SWAN CHANGED THEIR COVER PHOTO

What is that all about?

I wish they would use an older picture actually. Milk teeth creep me out for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 13.09.14 21:25

Surely they would need permission from the Mcanns to use that awful front cover photo, yet have not discussed anything with them ?.

I wish they would use an older picture actually. Milk teeth creep me out for some reason.

That whole picture creeps me out for some reason but I think it is meant to do that. eek
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.09.14 21:27

I am also surprised that Amazon allowed that very long comment.  WOW -  snipped from the Amazon comment:

"
In short, the ONLY narrative that can be printed in book form in the UK and sold for profit is a narrative which affirms the 'official' story. Yet that 'official story' is not supported by any independent, testable, credible evidence whatsoever. Rather, it exists only in the testimony of the people who were claimed as being present at the time - testimony which, the official PJ files show, has changed a disturbing number of times. From the outset, it was never possible for this book to exist and to deliver anything other than this very same affirmative narrative irrespective of the facts, the evidence and the wealth of contradictory opinion - all of which are available freely in the public domain. "

The commentator knows his onions IMO.

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.09.14 22:17

Brian Griffin wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:SUMMERS AND SWAN CHANGED THEIR COVER PHOTO

What is that all about?

I open the link but could not see JM's comment. Any chance anyone can C&P it here, thanks.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 13.09.14 22:25

Joana Morais - "And? Who cares, that's not the point is it? Don't hide behind what was posted in the media aeons ago, your book is biased but you have a right to be biased if you wish to be, it's your opinion, just don't call it investigative journalism. Now, why did you quote my copyrighted and not for-commercial-use blog without asking for my permission, even though I had clearly refused to answer the really suspicious questions you emailed me and then had the nerve to include quotes lifted from my blog in an insulting chapter titled or reserved for "McCann Haters" an abusive epithet used by the McCanns and their online supporters (real trolls who stalk, harass, send death threats to bloggers like me). A book that is heavily biased, pro McCannish and is clearly an antithesis of my blog's work for the past seven years? Is that how purported "Pulitzer Finalists" act, lift quotes from a blog if the blogger doesn't reply to your queries? Isn't that unethical and unprofessional by any standards of journalism?"
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 13.09.14 22:42

Wow, I'm shocked they have done this. 

She has stated her case well, for all to see, quite rightly.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 13.09.14 23:16

It seems that the publishers "Headline" have a twitter account and are followed by David Cameron https://twitter.com/headlinepg

Very telling imo
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11192

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 13.09.14 23:29

Brian Griffin wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 51fwpRj4DML._SX75_CR,0,0,75,75_ Talking about photos something of the grotesque in this image imo. Awful image for a book cover when you look closely looks also like head planted on someone with cleavage, apart from the out of place facial expression.

Problem is, if they wanted to put an image of Madeleine herself on the cover then they weren't exactly spoilt for choice, were they? The best one was already spoken for - ideally the McCanns would have come up with another that has never been in the public domain, but does such a thing exist?

They could of used this, April 2014, most updated 'aged progression' one, couldn't they?

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' - Page 7 Aprilm10

If i didn't know better i'd think ALL these book 'writers' want the public to ALWAYS only 'look' for an almost 4 years old, frozen in time, 'missing' child.

Weird, innit?
Madeleine the young child has now become an iconic image, instantaneously recognizable, and is therefore the best choice for a book cover for any book about her. Not that the book is about her, but you know what I mean. You would tend to use an image for a biography of a famous person as they looked at their most famous to the eyes of the time you are writing in because you need to create a cover that sells books. If it's David Atemborough, you'd use the picture of him as an elderly man because that's what we remember most on our screens. If it's James Garner, you might use a younger, 'Rockford Files' era image because he looked very different as an old man. I watched a whole film with him in it only to be shocked to see it was James when the end-titles rolled. The age-progressed image is just a possibility, not necessarily truth. That's just a theory, by the way, but I think it might offer an explanation. There's a very good pencil drawing I've seen of Madeleine that would make a nice cover though.

Could the drawing be the one done by HiDeHo's daughter?

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc 13.09.14 23:33

MRNOODLES wrote:Joana Morais - "And? Who cares, that's not the point is it? Don't hide behind what was posted in the media aeons ago, your book is biased but you have a right to be biased if you wish to be, it's your opinion, just don't call it investigative journalism. Now, why did you quote my copyrighted and not for-commercial-use blog without asking for my permission, even though I had clearly refused to answer the really suspicious questions you emailed me and then had the nerve to include quotes lifted from my blog in an insulting chapter titled or reserved for "McCann Haters" an abusive epithet used by the McCanns and their online supporters (real trolls who stalk, harass, send death threats to bloggers like me). A book that is heavily biased, pro McCannish and is clearly an antithesis of my blog's work for the past seven years? Is that how purported "Pulitzer Finalists" act, lift quotes from a blog if the blogger doesn't reply to your queries? Isn't that unethical and unprofessional by any standards of journalism?"

I think that's worth making a few enquiries with a solicitor, Joana.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc

Activity : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.09.14 0:04

Thanks Mr Noddles for kindly posting up JM's comment.

The Mccanns got Amazon to delist Pat Brown's book by complaining the book is libellous.  It was an allegation, not proven as fact in any Court of Law, but sufficient for Amazon to run scare and reacted by taking off the book.

S&S b;atant breach of JM's copyrighted material is an undisputable outright offence.  Let's see if JM is going to file a formal or legal complaint with Amazon.

It's left to be seen if they breached Pat Brown's blog or used her intellectual property without her permission. Otherwise it would be an irony if Pat Brown take it up with Amazon.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 14.09.14 1:42

MRNOODLES wrote:Joana Morais - "And? Who cares, that's not the point is it? Don't hide behind what was posted in the media aeons ago, your book is biased but you have a right to be biased if you wish to be, it's your opinion, just don't call it investigative journalism. Now, why did you quote my copyrighted and not for-commercial-use blog without asking for my permission, even though I had clearly refused to answer the really suspicious questions you emailed me and then had the nerve to include quotes lifted from my blog in an insulting chapter titled or reserved for "McCann Haters" an abusive epithet used by the McCanns and their online supporters (real trolls who stalk, harass, send death threats to bloggers like me). A book that is heavily biased, pro McCannish and is clearly an antithesis of my blog's work for the past seven years? Is that how purported "Pulitzer Finalists" act, lift quotes from a blog if the blogger doesn't reply to your queries? Isn't that unethical and unprofessional by any standards of journalism?"
Hmm...one might even consider the label 'hater' libelous. I know people who would sue for something like that!

I wonder of sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander?

In my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top