The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Mm11

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Regist10

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.09.14 14:59

Book arrived less than an hour ago and I have to go out shortly for the rest of the afternoon.

But here's a very quick run through what I've seen so far.

The book has 24 chapters - all numbered, no headings.  At the end is an 'Afterword' which was obviously written in the run-up to publication, and then a list of acknowledgements.

The book is mainly laid out in chronological order, but stopping now and then to examine particular themes. The 'haters' (that's us here and on other Madeleine McCann forums) are heavily criticised in two chapters, 15 and 16.

There is an index.       

From a quick run-through, the chapters deal with the following issues:

1 - Background and the first part of 3 May

2 - Evening of 3 May. NOTE there is NO REFERENCE WHATSOEVER to the alleged visit of Dr David Payne to the McCanns' apartment around 6.30pm on 3 May and hence no analysis of the 20 or so contradictions about that claimed visit (see recent thread on this forum)

3 - May 4

4 - Early developments in the investigation

5 - 'Sightings' of suspicious men, Gail Cooper, 'monsterman' etc.

6 - The reaction of the McCanns to early developments - this includes a 3-page reproduction (pp. 73-75) of the typewritten 'finally agreed written timeline of events' produced by the McCanns and their Tapas 7 friends a week or two after 3 May

7 - Robert Murat, who claims his life was 'shattered' and that his life will go back to normal 'only if they catch the abductor' (Oh dear!)

8 - The McCanns' campaign

9 - McCanns' reactions to the police action

10 - More on the McCanns' campaign

11 - Growing police suspicions and dogs

12 - Lots more on the dogs, concluding with 'there was no evidence to back up their alerts'

13 - More about the McCanns, mentions Kate's 'deeply-held Christian faith'

14 - Portuguese decision to make the McCanns arguidos (translated by Summer & Swan not as 'suspects' but as 'named persons'. Decision to make them suspects described as 'premature'

15 - No shred of evidence against the McCanns, followed by half a chapter on the haters with a detailed review of my chequered career and various campaigns

16 - Blistering chapter against the 'haters' as 'cowards who hid behind their computer screens', though they do add this: "Tony Bennett of the Madeleine Foundation acted openly, not hiding behind a computer screen, nor did enthusiastic supporter Jill Havern, a Birmingham-based driving instructor with a grudge against the National Health Service and Leicester' Glenfield Hospital in particular". A bit about the 'NHS - McCanns' Abuse of Power' blog follows: 'black background, lurid content, distorted photographs of the McCanns'. The word 'haters' seems to appear several times on every page of this chapter

17 - Kennedy and Metodo 3

18 - Kevin Halligen and Oakley      

19 - Events in 2010

20 - Joyous news of the setting-up of Operation Grange

21 - What really happened: They say: "There are no significant inconsistencies in the statements of the McCanns and their friends" and, p. 261: "All the accumulated evidence indicates that Madeleine was abducted"  

22 - Chapter about sex offenders which begins with this most strange opening sentence (p. 272): "Within days of Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry and Kate McCann had found themselves poring, hour after hour, over photographs of known sex offenders". Que? I don't recall that being mentioned before in Gerry McCanns' blogs? Raymond Hewlett and most of the other named paedophiles we know about are given a mention in this chapter 

23 - More about sex offenders ad paedophilia. It's claimed that Portugal Police requested CEOP, who supplied Joe Sullivan and Graham Hill (see my articles on this forum about Jim Gamble, Mark Williams-Thomas and Joe Sullivan)

24 - Chapter about events on or about 3 May 2014

Afterword - Lots about Ernie Allen, ICMEC, Missing People, PACT, Amber Alert etc.

Acknowledgements: Generous praise for 'help and advice' from Martin Brunt and several others.

++++++++++++

My brief observation so far: This is a seriously dishonest book - much more dishonest than I can ever have imagined.

How can they get away with saying there are 'no significant inconsistencies'? - and how can they get away with not even mentioning the alleged visit to David Payne at 6.30pm on 3 May - with its 20 flat contradictions? There MUST be a fight-back against this wicked book


ETA:

There may be an index - but, unlike PeterMac's articles on this forum, statements and assertions made in the book are unreferenced

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15592
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by viaveritasvita on 11.09.14 15:08

Go get,em tony and remember you are never alone.Jesus is with you always.
avatar
viaveritasvita

Posts : 24
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Guest on 11.09.14 15:08

@Tony Bennett wrote:
22 - Chapter about sex offenders which begins with this most strange opening sentence (p. 272): "Within days of Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry and Kate McCann had found themselves poring, hour after hour, over photographs of known sex offenders". 

Er... to what end? They didn't themselves witness anything untoward.

Anyway, sounds like a real hatchet job. Anything in there you could consider personally libelous?
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Praiaaa on 11.09.14 15:19

Wow, thanks - Tony, am mightily   impressed by your ability to digest an summarise all that in an hour!!!!!
clapping
avatar
Praiaaa

Posts : 426
Join date : 2011-04-17

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by roy rovers on 11.09.14 15:24

Chapter 12 - Dogs - 'there was no evidence to back up their alerts'. WTF - I thought the alerts themselves were the evidence! It's like saying 'he came into the room and farted but as there was no evidence I had to agree that he hadn't'.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Posts : 473
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by comperedna on 11.09.14 15:32

Did I read Tony correctly? Why are people on serious sites like this one referred to as 'haters' in the S and S book?  I understand there are poisonous anti McCann 'haters' on Twitter but IMHO and experience this is a moderated site and hate comments would be deemed out of line by the administrators.
avatar
comperedna

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by canada12 on 11.09.14 15:38

Book pages suitable for wrapping the compostibles in for the green bin, then...
avatar
canada12

Posts : 1461
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by comperedna on 11.09.14 15:41

Legally, Roy, dogs evidence is 'only indicative' which means it is not able to be quoted in court unless there is forensic or other back up. None was found. Indicative is just that... it gives a clue as to where to look further. Martin Grime said as much and very clearly too. It does not mean that the dogs were falsely guided, or that what they did was a con in some way. They alerted in the pattern that they did and, highly significantly, they alerted only to places and the car associated with the McCanns and no other places or cars they were put in front of.
avatar
comperedna

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by PeterMac on 11.09.14 15:48

How did he get in
How did he get out
When did he get in
When did he get out

?

____________________

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10726
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by comperedna on 11.09.14 15:50

Precisely!
avatar
comperedna

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by BlueBag on 11.09.14 15:53

Who would have predicted all that about the book?

Oh.. hang on...
BlueBag
BlueBag

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Guest on 11.09.14 15:57

@comperedna wrote:Legally, Roy, dogs evidence is 'only indicative' which means it is not able to be quoted in court unless there is forensic or other back up. None was found. Indicative is just that... it gives a clue as to where to look further. Martin Grime said as much and very clearly too. It does not mean that the dogs were falsely guided, or that what they did was a con in some way. They alerted in the pattern that they did and, highly significantly, they alerted only to places and the car associated with the McCanns and no other places or cars they were put in front of.

One thing that never ceases to strike me about the video of Martin Grimes chatting calmly while the dog alerts all over 5A is just how resigned to the whole thing he seems to be. OK, so he's seen it all before, but he talks through the alerts to the possible demise of a young child in the fashion of a washing machine repair man wearily explaining to you where your problem lies. If he's even remotely surprised by the dog's reaction then he doesn't show it.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by BlueBag on 11.09.14 16:01

21 - What really happened: They say: "There are no significant inconsistencies in the statements of the McCanns and their friends" and, p. 261: "All the accumulated evidence indicates that Madeleine was abducted"  

If they make that claim it's pretty incredible and easily rebutted.

Are they for real?

How do they sleep?
BlueBag
BlueBag

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by BlueBag on 11.09.14 16:05

OK.. can someone invite Summers and Swann to debate the inconsistencies here?

Would they have the guts to face people who actually know the case?
BlueBag
BlueBag

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Praiaaa on 11.09.14 16:17

@PeterMac wrote:How did he get in
How did he get out
When did he get in
When did he get out

?
clapping
avatar
Praiaaa

Posts : 426
Join date : 2011-04-17

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Woofer on 11.09.14 16:23

If they`ve used the word `haters` for all the thousands of people who don`t believe the McCanns, they immediately lose credibility IMO.  It just shows their bias (and childishness) before even completing a proper investigation.

I can only come to the conclusion that this book was definitely commissioned by someone desperate to prove the McCann`s innocence.  And as always it begs the question - why?
Woofer
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Naz_Nomad on 11.09.14 16:25

I'm looking forward to Tony Bennet's and Peter Mac's reviews on Amazon.

____________________
Everything written by me is just my opinion.
Naz_Nomad
Naz_Nomad

Posts : 144
Join date : 2014-05-26

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Woofer on 11.09.14 16:40

@Naz_Nomad wrote:I'm looking forward to Tony Bennet's and Peter Mac's reviews on Amazon.  

I bet they`re not going to be the only ones. Amazon - be prepared for pages and pages of negative reviews.
Woofer
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.09.14 16:41

21 - What really happened: They say: "There are no significant inconsistencies in the statements of the McCanns and their friends" and, p. 261: "All the accumulated evidence indicates that Madeleine was abducted"
---------------------------------------------------------

What all ACCUMULATED EVIDENCE would that be then?

ONLY the McCanns.....'SAYING SO'....dosen't count as 'evidence' i'm afraid.

What 'abduction' would that be then?

And who 'indicated'?

SCOOBY DOO?

We all KNOW how UNRELIABLE he is, don't we?

eta: One wonders if Summers&Swan would stand up, in a High Court, and STATE as TRUE, under OATH, that "Madeleine McCann WAS abducted"?

thinking

Silly me, of COURSE they WOULD!..........................er, wouldn't they?
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Does the book mention the Fund?

Post by Enid O'Dowd on 11.09.14 16:48

Tony, thank you for the chapter summary.

You don't mention if they have commented on the speedy setting up of the Fund, the commitment to being open and transparent whatever it cost and then filing the minimum information required by law at the last possible moment to avoid a fine for late filing. I had hoped they would have solved the mystery of the 'experienced Fund administrator' who the official website said from the start (and still does) was appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability but who doesn't appear to have existed as the auditor's note to the accounts says there are no employees.

When you have time to review in detail Tony perhaps you would post what, if anything the authors say about the Fund.  

The authors certainly did not contact me to ask to discuss the reports I have written on the background to the setting up of the private limited company known as the Fund and the audited accounts (which are available from Companies House but not on the official website) . My reports are available on http://www.mccannfiles.com/

____________________
Author of Fateful Decisions: there's a fine line between acceptable parenting and neglect.   www.enidodowd.com
Author of A Review of the background to setting up the limited company Madeleine's Fund: leaving no Stone Unturned and a forensic examination of the company accounts. Available on www.mccannfiles.com
avatar
Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Posts : 107
Join date : 2013-11-14

http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.09.14 17:26

@PeterMac wrote:How did he get in
How did he get out
When did he get in
When did he get out

?

He put his left leg in,
His left leg out,
In out, in out, shook it all about,
He did the hokey cokey,
And he turned right round,
Then left the apartment without making a sound.

Whoa-o Mr Pimple,
Whoa-o oh so simple,
In through the patio door, out through the window,
Knees bent, arms out stretched,
Rah! Rah! Rah!
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.09.14 18:34

PERCEIVED 'DISCREPANCIES'

On p. 172 Summers and Swan tackle the 'perceived discrepancies in the testimonies of the friends who dined with the McCanns'.

Tavares de Almeida's report of 10 September 2007 is quoted: "From the declarations of the group results a total incoherence, in the context of which it is obvious that everyone is lying".  

Summers and Swan come back with: "The chief inspector did not appear to consider the possibility that there might be entirely innocent reasons for the apparent discrepancies". 

A SILLY IDEA

Some of Tavares de Almeida's headline conclusions are listed, with for example 'the child might have died as the result of an accident, and the McCanns hidden the body' (p. 172). Summers and Swan go on to say that a PJ source told the Sunday Times that the body could have been stored 'in a refrigerator' (I thought that they suggested a 'freezer'?). Summers and Swan dismiss this as 'an idea based on no evidence at all - a silly idea'.

PREMATURE

The decision to make the McCanns susepcts was 'premature' (Chapter 14, p. 175). This conclusion, say Summers & Swan, was based on their 'careful reading of the case files'.  The premature decision to make them suspects 'grew out of an understandable Portuguese misinterpretation of a poorly-worded forensic finding...'  (There is a then a fair bit about the DNA evidence which will be no surprise to any of us here - nothing new that I can see so far. 

BLOOD IN 5A

Most of p. 177 is taken up with previous occupants of G5A (the McCanns' apartment) who had sprayed blood all over the place.

Simon Fawkes and his teacher wife Claire had hired the apartment a month earlier; their 3-year-old daughter 'had cut her chin while at the Ocean Club creche badly enough to need stitches - and may have bled later at the apartment'.

Then came 'accountant Paul Gordon and his flight-attendant wife Saleigh. Paul had cut himself shaving and had 'walked around the apartment with paper tissues trying to stop the blood for about 45 minutes'.

More later

THE HATERS

This chapter (p. 193) begins with this sentence:

"There was never the smallest shred of fact or evidence to inculpate Maddie's parents in any way at all".

Then:

"Yet they have faced a host of detractors and critics".

Anne Enright's article in the London Review of Books is quoted, where she wrote, inter alia: "Guilt and denial are the emotions we smell off Gerry and Kate McCann". Summers & Swan point out that she later apologised for that article (p. 193).

Various news items are listed on the next three pages.

Pat Brown gets a good mention on pp. 196-7. Summers and Swan quote Pat Brown as saying: "The presence of Madeleine's DNA in the Renault Scenic would mean the McCanns are guilty". Summers and Swan: "It would not mean that..."  (one of many 'straw man' arguments I have read so far).

There is a dismissive paragraph about Pat Brown 'equipped with a metal detector, soil probe and a spade', visiting Portugal in 2012: "The adventure only produced substantial self-publicity", say Summers & Swan.

Dr Christian Ludke's book is given a brief airing on pp. 197-9. He was guilty, say Summers & Swan, of 'outrageous innuendo'. Some of Ludke's most trenchant comments about the McCanns are quoted, e.g. "There are parents [speaking generally] who had little or no emotional bond with a child". Ludke had also said: "I believe both parents at least have particpants' knowledge of what occurred".  

More strong quotes from Ludke are added, summed up by Summers and Swan as follows: "Maybe this - maybe that - on the basis of not an iota of evicence".

Four pages (pp. 199-203) follow about me, not very complimentary, except for 'A bright man with an excellent academic background' - but then, say Summers & Swan: "...long a bete noire [black beast] for the McCanns".

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15592
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by PeterMac on 11.09.14 19:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Four pages (pp. 199-203) follow about me, not very complimentary, except for 'A bright man with an excellent academic background' - but then, say Summers & Swan: "...long a bete noire [black beast] for the McCanns".
That has always puzzled me.
Why did they not consign you to the outer darkness as a nutter ?
Why did they not merely ignore you ?  (I spent thirty years in the Force ignoring nutters, and getting on with my job.)
Why did they respond ?
Why did they not go down the route of "masterly inactivity" over the book ?
Why did they dignify what you had said with a response.
Why did they spend a third of a million pounds getting you before the High Court, when you were merely repeating what the first head of the investigation, his successor, their entire team, LeicPol, NPIA, the prosecution authorities and many more were saying and furthermore COMMITTING to paper ?

These are all rhetorical questions.  The answer is obvious.

I think to be a genuine and their official bête noire is a considerable accolade.  Congratulations.
Tony Bennett, MA, BN to the McCanns, FRCBN

____________________

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10726
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by BlueBag on 11.09.14 19:25

"Summers and Swan come back with: "The chief inspector did not appear to consider the possibility that there might be entirely innocent reasons for the apparent discrepancies". 


I've posted the quote in pink.


I don't know why.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Posts : 5132
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE' Empty Re: A VERY QUICK FIRST SCAN OF 'LOOKING FOR MADELEINE'

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.09.14 19:56

MORE ABOUT 'THE HATERS' (CHAPTER 17)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some nasty letters from people are quoted.

Murderer John Hirst gets a mention on pp. 205-6 for his opposition to the McCanns.

Steve Marsden’s book ‘Faked Abduction’, written under the pen-name of Brian Johnson, gets a mention on p. 206.

‘Pamalam’, named as ‘retiree Pam Watson’. Is accused of ‘creating an illusion that the site was Gerry McCann’s’ (p. 207). Anonymous translators ‘Ines’, ‘Albym’ and ‘Luz’ get mentioned.

Nigel Moore’s ‘mccannfiles’ site gets a mention on pp. 207-8. Both Pam Watson and Nigel Moore ‘did not respond to requests by the authors to discuss their work’.

Nigel’s site is referred to as ‘a vast compendium of McCann-related press reports and videos’ and includes ‘Moore’s own take on the case’. Moore is criticised (p. 208) for having the following caption - The Blue Fairy speaking to Pinocchio  -  under a photograph of Gerry McCann: “A lie keeps growing and growing until it’s as plain as the nose on your face”. This, say Summers and Swan, is contrary to the stated purpose of his site, which proclaims it exists: “To find out what really happened to Maddie and bring her home”. Summers and Swan moan about Nigel’s ‘Donate’ button: “The donate button was still there in 2014”.

Joana Morais gets the Summers & Swan treatment on pp. 208-9: ‘A prominent online dissenter’. Morais “is another of those who did not reply to the authors’ correspondence”. Joana is allowed to speak, however, with an 11-line direct quote from her, in which she says: “I’m very proud of ,my small and beautiful country, and even prouder of my people and history, and though by writing my blog and using my real name I’m running a risk, I’ll keep on defending my country”.

Next up is ‘Bren Ryan’ (pp. 209-210), summed up as ‘an Englishwoman in her mid-fifties’. The chapter concludes with Ryan’s repentance. “I took time to read he files carefully…I started to think that Kate and Gerry and their friends are innocent in all this…a forum like ‘The 3 Arguidos’ should never in this world have been given an inch of cyberspace…there was no evidence to support the many allegations pertaining to the theory that Kate and Gerry McCann were involved in their daughter’s disappearance”. Ryan wrote to the authors earlier this year and said: “I did something that that was morally wrong…I apologised to [the McCanns] in an open letter…”


More later


Chapter 17 begins:

“All along, while the McCanns’ haters were propagating their poison, Madeleine’s father and mother never ceased doing what they could to move the investigation forwards”.

Control Risks are given a mention on page 213: “In the UK, with the McCanns at home again, Control Risks checked the house in Rothley for possible bugs. The company also arranged for forensic analysis of the samples of the twins’ hair - in case it might be possible to find evidence that an abductor had sedated them on 3 May…the results of the tests were negative [carried out over 4 months after 3 May - TB].

ETA:


Metodo 3 is now discussed. Summers and Swan leave out huge swathes of information about Metodo 3. Almost nothing negative about them is mentioned.

On p. 215, we are told: “Brian Kennedy, meanwhile, cast around for suitable private investigators to hire, and picked Metodo 3”. The way this is handled in the book suggests that this ‘casting around’ came after several events in Morocco in September 2007. This is misleading. There is ample evidence, and it is confirmed by Chapter 10 of Gary Hagland’s book, that Metodo 3 was hired in September (as was Gary Hagland), and maybe even before that.

The passages in the book about Marcos Aragao Correia, from page 218 to 220, are very interesting. Having personally studied this man in depth. I know that a vast amount of relevant facts about this man and how he came to be appointed by the McCann Team are left out.

The searches for Madeleine’s bones in January and March 2008 are mentioned. But Summers and Swan omitted the all-important pre-search meeting on 10 December 2007 at the Arade Dam between Marcos Aragao Correia and two men from Metodo 3, their boss Francisco Marco and the soon-to-be-arrested Antonio Giminez Raso, their top investigator. All three were employed by the McCann Team.

Naturally Antonio Gimenez Raso doesn’t get a mention in the entire book, despite the fact that he was the lead, and most active, Metodo 3 investigator in that all-important phase of the investigation, early September 2007 to 17 February 2008. I say ‘17 February 2008’, of course, because that was the day Antonio Giminez Raso was arrested and remanded in custody for the next four years on very serious criminal charges.

The day after was the day that the McCanns’ public relations spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, angrily denied that Giminez Raso had anything to do with the McCann Team’s private investigations. Many facts about Giminez Raso’s actions in those four months tell a very different story.    

This is yet another example of facts being buried by the authors, who claim that Metodo 3 believed Marcos Aragao Correia’s account of Madeleine being abducted, raped, killed and ‘thrown into a reservoir ‘was ‘a significant lead’. Marcos Aragao Correia later admitted that this was a total lie, a fact lightly skimmed over by the authors (p. 219), who reproduce his second claim, that his information actually  “came in a vision following a spiritualist meeting two days after Madeleine went missing”. Summers and Swan fail to tell their readers that Marcos Aragao Correia later admitted that this, too, was a lie.

It angers me no end that the authors and publishers of this book have described it as ‘the most definitive account yet’. So much has been left out.  

 

     

           

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15592
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum