The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Hampering and harming the investigation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hampering and harming the investigation

Post by HelenMeg on 11.09.14 11:52

G and K seem keen to point the finger at anyone who may have harmed the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine, notably GA.

Well, I suggest that they have plenty of other people that they can also point the finger at - starting with friends:
see below letter to police from R and J - Note the comments in red which I believe indicate that they thought it was far too late to help little M.

Vol XVI p. 4237

xx xxxxxx xxxx
Exeter
Devon
xxx xxx

Re: Re-enactment of Events of 3/5/2008

Dear Stuart,

Many thanks for your email, and for forwarding the reply from Senhor Rebelo. Also, thanks to you and your colleagues for arranging the re-interviews.

It is somewhat reassuring to see in writing from the PJ that there are "no suspicions over [us] regarding the commission of any criminal acts." However, we heard something similar in the weeks before Kate and Gerry were made arguidos! Additionally, the thrust of the PJ's closed questions during the re-interviews seemed only to focus on Kate and Gerry's culpability, suspicion about our written timeline or who involved the media.

After a year of lies, accusations and intrusion, I am sure that the Mr Rebelo can appreciate our complete revulsion at what Kate and Gerry have been forced to endure. Furthermore, we cannot help but feel that the re-interviews and re-enactment are all too little and far too late.

However, the last thing we would ever want is a standoff between us and the PJ, something that would only delight and benefit the press. Kate and Gerry desperately need the cloud of suspicion over them to be emphatically lifted, andthe PJ need to complete their investigation. We also appreciate the legal obstacles to removing Kate and Gerry's arguido status, but would request that prior to us agreeing to the re-enactment the PJ:

• publicly dispels the damaging and disturbing lies churned out by the Portuguese press regarding alleged changes to statements, re-interviews or alleged lack of co-operation.

• publicly states there are "no suspicions over [us] regarding the commission of any criminal acts." This in no way compromises judicial secrecy.

This in no way compromises judicial secrecy. But without some official intervention on their part, a return for the re-enactment seems little more than a perfect opportunity for the press to speculate and libel us all once again.

We are very keen to help an investigation aiming to establish what's happened to Madeleine, but have no desire to assist one that seeks only to damn our innocent friends. By actively restoring the focus on Madeleine and robustly dispelling the countless speculation, the PJ can expect our continued co- operation.

Yours sincerely,

Russell O'Brien & Jane Tanner

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hampering and harming the investigation

Post by HelenMeg on 11.09.14 11:54

Next - ah yes - KM could not answer the 48 questions in the initial PJ investigation.. did this harm and hamper the investigation?  Possibly - just a bit.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 11.09.14 11:58

Oh yes - those dogs tried hard to help the investigation along (at the request ofthe British police) - they travelled all the way to PdL with their handler and then indicated all the places where blood / death scent could be traced.  Now this was a real help to finding out what happened and where - but GM proceeded to discredit them and call them unreliable - a real attempt to hamper the investigation into what happened to M. A far bigger attempt to hamper things than anything GA ever did.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 12.09.14 0:30

I find it very difficult to understand why the tapas group (the friends of the parents of a missing child) would not go out of their way to help a child who could be in terrible danger by taking part in a reconstruction of events. The only explanations I can think of, either that they are incredibly insensitive, selfish people or that they were already aware that Madeleine no longer needed their assistance.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 12.09.14 8:00

The letter just seems like a bargaining tool in my eyes. 

If you silence the PJ and the press, we'll think about a re-inactment. 
It seems slightly ridiculous to me that one can turn down a re-interview. 

Lets not forget that these friends also left their children unattended 
so none of them are entirely innocent.

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC on 13.09.14 23:02

@waiting for justice wrote:The letter just seems like a bargaining tool in my eyes. 

If you silence the PJ and the press, we'll think about a re-inactment. 
It seems slightly ridiculous to me that one can turn down a re-interview. 

Lets not forget that these friends also left their children unattended 
so none of them are entirely innocent.
The so called Tapas 7 have lain low all this time and in a way I can't blame them.

Apart from the Court steps announcement ( minus ROB ) no words of assistance to the investigation
have been added since.

The thing is, that as soon as the AG/PJ released the near complete files any defence for a non reconstruction was superflous.

We said/she said was there for all to see. Those who wished to see it all of course.

No bargains were on offer after the release.

If the latest SY investigation wishes to add some flesh to the bones of their investigation they can
always ask again. For clarification purposes of course.

A Crimewatch ' Reconstruction ' is not an investigative ( PJ official reconstruction ) it is more like what the Sun would
reconstruct. In other words like S& S's book just speculation. The very same thing the " Haters " are accused of.

The " Authoritative " people are the PJ past and present. No-one lese counts in my book.

Opinion though.

XTC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum