The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Mm11

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Regist10

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 9:04

Madeleine: British media publicises new book as “revelation”

In an extraordinary example of modern-day journalism, the might of the British media has come out with all guns blazing to publicise a new book delving into the seven-year mystery of what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

The book, by husband-and-wife team Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan, has been mentioned in all the major newspapers this week (Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Express et al) as well as being splashed across the Sky News website for two consecutive days.

The reason, according to all the stories, is the “revelation” that British police forces “hampered the Madeleine inquiry”.

Summers and Swan “reveal” a secret report, researched in 2009 and delivered in 2010, in which the founder of CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) considers that there were too many cooks racing into the kitchen when Madeleine went missing, and that this has irreparably harmed the investigation from the start - leaving Portuguese police resentful of their British counterparts who they felt were working to a hidden agenda.

That Jim Gamble came to this conclusion is perfectly understandable. Many would argue there was little need for a report. But what is raising questions is why the British media saw the need to rush in and give the news such prominence. As criminal profiler Pat Brown mentions in a blog on the subject, there is the feeling that the Summers and Swan revelations are “propaganda”.

Indeed, the American who travelled over to Portugal in 2012 to research the Madeleine mystery suggests the couple’s new book Looking for Madeleine is “not a well-researched and even-handed book on the case” at all. “Sadly, I think this book is going to get a lot of positive media attention,” she wrote at the beginning of the summer. “The man and his wife can write and their skill is going to convince people who read the book that the McCanns are innocent and an abduction actually happened.

“He is touting the party line and the McCanns will surely back the book as, finally, they have 'award-winning authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan' producing 'the first independent, objective account of the case'... My foot.”

Concluding that the book being given so much media attention this week is “yet another sign of the end days for this sad case”, Brown predicts Scotland Yard will not be “far behind with their own final whitewash”. As the Resident reported last week, Scotland Yard detectives are due back in Portugal this month for what the British media has described as a “make-or-break moment”.


Link:

http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-british-media-publicises-new-book-as-%E2%80%9Crevelation%E2%80%9D#sthash.raUYQGuU.dpuf

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Priceless juxtapositioning.

Post by PeterMac on 04.09.14 9:33


____________________

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10737
Join date : 2010-12-06

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Jamming on 04.09.14 9:46

Blimey, I'm really surprised how that reads. Would the publishers have written that summary ?
Jamming
Jamming

Posts : 134
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Evening_All on 04.09.14 9:50

If this is indeed the case Tony then it is up to the network of people on sites of this nature to highlight the lies therin. Highlight the inconsistencies, bring to the fore the underlying nastiness within this group. One question for example is the famous Gerry McCann quote "senior social services representative within the bound of responsible parenting". I'll bet that isn't mentioned.
Evening_All
Evening_All

Posts : 38
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by MRNOODLES on 04.09.14 11:11

It'll be interesting if Summers' facts matches up with Kates facts in her bewk and the actual facts in the police files.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Posts : 748
Join date : 2013-07-04

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by The Rooster on 04.09.14 11:27

Good point Mr Noodles. Also I suspect there will be plenty of opportunities to comment on the books reviewers thoughts. Interesting angle taking a sideways swipe at the various agencies quoted in Gambles recent interview.  However, there must be more to the book than this.  If the authors are trying to support the abduction hypothesis, no I'll rename that, lie, it will be interesting to see their supporting evidence. 

I don't think you can be credible supporting a lie.  It's what Geronimo McCann would call a high risk strategy.  A deal breaker and a career finisher.

____________________
F J Leghorn
"DOO-Dah! DOO-Dah-Day!"
The Rooster
The Rooster

Posts : 426
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 73
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 11:33

@Evening_All wrote:If this is indeed the case Tony then it is up to the network of people on sites of this nature to highlight the lies therein.

REPLY: That's correct, but by and large we don't do it. We talk to each other endlessly on this and other forums, making this point and that point, but that's it. By and large we don't highlight our concerns outside and beyond the discussions on here. The mainstream media have a story to sell and they are not a blind bit interested in the points made here, no matter how powerful they are. We mostly just talk to each other inside our internet 'bubble' 

Highlight the inconsistencies, bring to the fore the underlying nastiness within this group. One question for example is the famous Gerry McCann quote "senior social services representative within the bound of responsible parenting". I'll bet that isn't mentioned.

REPLY:  Actually, this was dealt with in Dr Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine', where she reported that a barrister (NOT a Social Services official) from the International Family Law Group descended on them in Praia da Luz. On page 124, Dr Kate tells us:

"After examining the proximity of the Tapas restaurant to apartment 5A, the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed 'well within the bounds of reasonable parenting".

When you stop for a moment to think about it, this is an appalling comment to have made (if it ever was made).

Did the barrister measure the distance as the crow flies from the children's bedroom (on the other side of the block from the Tapas restaurant) and say: 'Ah, OK, 56 yards'. And then measured the distance that it would have taken one of the parents to walk from the Tapas restaurant to the children's bedroom and say; 'Ah, 127 yards', and then pronounce: "Well within the bounds of reasonable parenting"?

What would be the 'bounds' of reasonable parenting?  200 yards? A quarter of a mile? Half a mile? 


____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 11:38

@The Rooster wrote:Good point Mr Noodles. Also I suspect there will be plenty of opportunities to comment on the books reviewers thoughts. Interesting angle taking a sideways swipe at the various agencies quoted in Gambles recent interview.  However, there must be more to the book than this.  If the authors are trying to support the abduction hypothesis, no I'll rename that, lie, it will be interesting to see their supporting evidence. 

I don't think you can be credible supporting a lie.  It's what Geronimo McCann would call a high risk strategy.  A deal breaker and a career finisher.
Why would someone like Cheshire multi-millionaire Brian Kennedy direct a private investiagtion for years, using an assortment of crooks and liars, to look for Madeleine - when you yourself, Rooster, say openly that the McCanns' abduction claim was a lie all along.

Can you please help us answer that one, please, Rooster?

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 11:43

Different comments appear to have been made about exactly who made the comment about within the bounds of responsible parenting, Gerry appears at one point to have mentioned social services, however in Kate's book she mentions barrister from ILFG - when Kate's book came out I spoke to Ann Thomas one of the partners and asked her if one of the barristers had made this comment, as if so it would be totally unprofessional and damage the reputation of their agency. She assured me - nobody from IFLG would ever say such a thing!

I told her it was in Kate's book so suggested she contact Kate to ask her to explain herself why she had written this comment in her book.

Appears another lie from the list of many.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Miraflores on 04.09.14 11:48

What would be the 'bounds' of reasonable parenting?  200 yards? A quarter of a mile? Half a mile?

Context is all. It might well be reasonable to leave your children at home asleep and quickly nip round to a neighbour. If you children wake, they may well know the neighbour, they may know the street by playing out in it, others in the street would know your children and where they live and you would speak the same language, (Or at least this is the case in my street, maybe not everywhere.) It is not the same being on holiday in a strange place, where you have been stuck in a creche all day, so don't know the layout, don't speak the language and where 'neighbours' are mainly a transient holiday population.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by The Rooster on 04.09.14 11:49

Tony, I don't know the answer to your question, sorry.  But like most posters on here I believe the McCann's are lying about the events of the 3rd May 2007.  If the authors of this book are writing around a lie the work won't be credible, more importantly for them it won't sell in the volumes they may anticipate. For them I'm sure it's purely commercial, perhaps it will be commercial suicide.  Time will tell.

____________________
F J Leghorn
"DOO-Dah! DOO-Dah-Day!"
The Rooster
The Rooster

Posts : 426
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 73
Location : Virginia

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Wideawake on 04.09.14 11:50

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Evening_All wrote:If this is indeed the case Tony then it is up to the network of people on sites of this nature to highlight the lies therein.

REPLY: That's correct, but by and large we don't do it. We talk to each other endlessly on this and other forums, making this point and that point, but that's it. By and large we don't highlight our concerns outside and beyond the discussions on here. The mainstream media have a story to sell and they are not a blind bit interested in the points made here, no matter how powerful they are. We mostly just talk to each other inside our internet 'bubble' 

Highlight the inconsistencies, bring to the fore the underlying nastiness within this group. One question for example is the famous Gerry McCann quote "senior social services representative within the bound of responsible parenting". I'll bet that isn't mentioned.

REPLY:  Actually, this was dealt with in Dr Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine', where she reported that a barrister (NOT a Social Services official) from the International Family Law Group descended on them in Praia da Luz. On page 124, Dr Kate tells us:

"After examining the proximity of the Tapas restaurant to apartment 5A, the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed 'well within the bounds of reasonable parenting".

When you stop for a moment to think about it, this is an appalling comment to have made (if it ever was made).

Did the barrister measure the distance as the crow flies from the children's bedroom (on the other side of the block from the Tapas restaurant) and say: 'Ah, OK, 56 yards'. And then measured the distance that it would have taken one of the parents to walk from the Tapas restaurant to the children's bedroom and say; 'Ah, 127 yards', and then pronounce: "Well within the bounds of reasonable parenting"?

What would be the 'bounds' of reasonable parenting?  200 yards? A quarter of a mile? Half a mile? 

Does this barrister have a name or is this just hearsay from Kate McCann?

avatar
Wideawake

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-09-04

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 12:00

Please see earlier post - It would appear that Kate lied about the barrister from IFLG saying it - I was told by their Managing Partner Ann Thomas nobody from their Company would ever say such a thing.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 12:14

In Kate's  book it says the Paralegal was from IFLG and he was accompanied by a barrister, the inference is that the barrister came from IFLG - as she doesn't say a barrister from...............  If the barrister didn't come from IFLG then where did he come from? I don't believe any barrister would have made such a comment as it goes against all child protection guidelines and policies and parents have been taken to court for leaving their children and bearing in mind these were toddlers. I cant see any name for the paralegal or barrister.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Woofer on 04.09.14 12:15

Didn`t we discover the barrister`s name was Hugh somethingorother ?

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

P.S.  Found this

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9649-hugh-dunnit?highlight=barrister+hugh
Woofer
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 12:27

From Kate's book

At the last two meetings the barrister and legal assistant were joined by a consultant called Hugh, whose profession was not at first explained. It transpired that he was a former intelligence officer now a kidnap negotiator and counsellor........Hugh had been brought in by a Company called Control Risks, which was primed to help.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 12:30

Cherry wrote:Different comments appear to have been made about exactly who made the comment about within the bounds of responsible parenting, Gerry appears at one point to have mentioned social services, however in Kate's book she mentions a barrister from ILFG - when Kate's book came out I spoke to Ann Thomas one of the partners and asked her if one of the barristers had made this comment, as if so it would be totally unprofessional and damage the reputation of their agency. She assured me - nobody from IFLG would ever say such a thing!

I told her it was in Kate's book so suggested she contact Kate to ask her to explain herself why she had written this comment in her book.

Appears another lie from the list of many.


WHY I THINK DAVID HODSON WAS THE BARRISTER REFERRED TO IN KATE'S BOOK


There is no doubt that an IFLG barrister went out to Praia da Luz and advised the McCanns.

Dr Kate McCann's book is replete with uncheckable details like this one; she doesn't actually name the barrister, so no-one can actually check. I tend to agree with those who suggest that no barrister could credibly have spoken the words attributed to him by Dr Kate McCann.

So who exactly was this barrister? It has been suggested that his name was Michael Nicholls. I suggest in this short article that he was in fact DAVID HODSON. Here are my reasons:

  
1. An early news story

McCann family to launch fighting fund

By Nick Britten and Richard Edwards12:01AM BST 15 May 2007

Michael Nicholls QC was head of the Lord Chancellor's Child Abduction Unit for five years and is, among other things, a member of the Family Justice Council's International Family Law Committee.

Mr Nicholls was instructed by the McCanns' solicitors, The International Family Law Group, who have sent their solicitor Richard Jones [from Leicester - T.B.] to Portugal to be with them...


Michael Nicholls Q.C. appears to have been instructed to apply for the Ward of Court order in the High Court and to help in establishing the 'fighting fund'. I do not think that he was the man sent out to Praia da Luz 

 2. The views of Pauline on this forum

Some time ago, Pauline wrote on CMOMM:
  
I believe the expert who advised the McCanns they were responsible parents is barrister Michael Nicholls QC of Hare Court London.

In the book she writes about a paralegal from IFLG and a barrister coming to Portugal (weekend May 11,12,13 2007) and how they had meetings with them. She does not name either of them in the book. However, look on the IFLG website and put McCann into the search box and you will come up with two press releases IFLG issued re Madeleine. In the one dated 13 May 2007 announcing they are acting for the McCanns, Mr Nicholls is mentioned and he must be the barrister who advised them.


I disagree - please see below


3. Statement by the IFLG

THE FIRM

Ann Thomas and David Hodson founded The International Family Law Group LLP (“IFLG”) in 2007 each having a wealth of experience in international family law cases. They are both Fellows of the IAML. Carolynn Usher, Punam Denley, Lucy Greenwood and Helen Blackburn are fellow partners, and have huge experience in international and national family law cases. Consultants, Patrick Parkinson A.M. and Denise Carter OBE (former Director of Reunite and mediator) are Consultants of IFLG.

So, we know that David Hodson co-founded IFLG and that this was in 2007 - apparently only weeks before Madeleine McCann was reported missing. That is very strange timing.


4. A statement by David Hodson on International Family Law: Madeleine McCann and Amber Alerts


This statement was uploaded to the IFLG site in the very day that Dr Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine', was published:
12 MAY 2011


Published today is Madeleine (Bantam Press 2011) by Kate McCann. It tells the hugely sad disappearance of Madeleine McCann four years ago and the continued search for her. Today is her eighth birthday.

Child abduction by family members or strangers is such an inhumane crime and causes such devastation that much more can and should be done to prevent it by national agencies and governments and by international organisations. Means and sources of communication and notification are available now which did not exist even 10 years ago.

The EU, with its unguarded national borders, could quite easily introduce the equivalent of the highly successful US AMBER alert system, combining local and national media, police and port authorities and coordinated at national government level. Gerry and Kate McCann have had an appalling ordeal since their daughter Madeleine was abducted in May 2007 in Portugal and are campaigning for such a scheme across the EU. Some governments are enthusiastic and supportive (eg France). It is in operation across a number of localised areas in the UK. Some governments are not giving active support. Specifically much assistance is needed from the EU to cover the ease of cross-border abductions.

Research from the US Ministry of Justice shows that abducted children are at most risk in the first three hours after the abduction. This is why very urgent action is needed, with well prepared plans, procedures and personnel ready in advance. The Amber Alert system is designed for this speed of coordinated local and then national alert.

The Amber Alert scheme was created in Texas in 1996 after the "stranger" abduction of Amber Hagerman. About 30% of the US Amber Alerts are of abductions of children by strangers, non-legal guardians.

All parents of abducted children deserve the support of family law professionals to campaign for the introduction of Amber Alerts across the EU, or something similar, to achieve the swift return of abducted children to their families and parents.



David Hodson is a Partner at The International Family Law Group LLP. He acts in complex family law cases, often with an international element. 



He is an English specialist accredited solicitor, mediator, family arbitrator, Deputy District Judge at the Principal Registry of the Family Division, High Court, London and also an Australian qualified solicitor, barrister and mediator. He is a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and author of A Practical Guide to International Family Law (Jordan Publishing, 2008). He is chair of the Family Law Review Group of the Centre for Social Justice. He can be contacted ondh@davidhodson.com.

The views expressed by contributing authors are not necessarily those of Family Law or Jordan Publishing and should not be considered as legal advice.


From this article, it is my submission plain that he has a very close connection indeed with the story of Madeleine McCann's abduction and therefore I name David Hodson as the likely identity of the unnamed barrister in Dr Kate McCann's book. I am quite happy to stand corrected if anyone knows better.

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 12:31

Thanks for the link Woofer which gives names of paralegal and barrister and Tony for that information. thumbsup
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 12:36

Interesting information there Tony - I tend to be more likely to believe Ann Thomas from ILFG that nobody from their company would have said such a thing than believe Kate seeing how she has already been discredited many times for lies and distortions.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 12:48

Cherry wrote:Thanks for the link Woofer which gives names of paralegal and barrister. thumbsup

@ Woofer and @ Cherry

We need a bit more care in identifying who these three people were:

1) the paralegal

2) the barrister, and

3) 'Hugh' from Control Risks Group.

So far as 'Hugh' is concerned, two guesses have been given on this forum as to who this man really was.

'Gillyspot' suggested Hugh Cursons. 'Nereid' suggested Hugh Vernon. As far as I know, we are not yet certain, and for all we know, the man who called himself 'Hugh' (accoridng to Dr Kate's book, that is) my well not be called Hugh.

So far as the barrister is concerned, some suggested that the barrister's name was Michael Nicholls Q.C., and I have in the past repeated that. However, having researched this in more detail (see above), I think the more likley name is David Hodson.

So far as the paralegal is concerned, I think it's agreed that he was Richard Jones fom Leicestershire.

The way this is all put in the book is that these were little more then enthusiastic blokes just wanting to fly out and help the McCanns at their own expense in their moment of distress, their 'hour of need'. 

Given that these were serious professionals on a mission - and flew out straightaway at a time when it was still quite possible that Madeleine would soon be found, dead or alive - I think the truth about how they were directed (and by whom) to fly out to Praia da Luz might be quite different from the account in Kate's book     

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 12:57

@The Rooster wrote:Tony, I don't know the answer to your question, sorry.  But like most posters on here I believe the McCanns are lying about the events of the 3rd May 2007. 
Thank you for your prompt reply, Rooster, but doesn't your answer really tell us that in fact there is no explanation for why Brian Kennedy would successively employ: 

* Gary Hagland, money-laundering expert,

* the dodgy Francisco Marco, Antonio Giminez Raso and Julian Peribanez from Metodo 3,

* the lying lawyer Marcos Aragao Correia with his two week-long searches of the Arade Dam for Madeleine's bones,

* the criminal Kevin Halligen,

* the criminal Henri Exton [shoplifting - Manchestere Airport], former Head of Covert Intelligence, MI5,

* Tim Craig-Harvey

* Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, purportedly from ALPHAIG, a shell compamy set up AFTER it was falsley claimed they were the long-running owner/managers of the non-existent 'Alpha Investigations Group'...


...if, as you think is obvious, the McCanns were not telling the truth about what happened on 3 May 2007.   

Someone should surely ask Brian Kennedy to explain

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by nglfi on 04.09.14 13:46

Sadly I think this book is going to concentrate quite heavily around the dogs and make every effort to discredit them, in fact I think this is where any 'research' may have been done. The massive thorn in the side of the McCann defence is the dogs. Without their evidence,  most other things are circumstancial and could be argued around. They could argue that the inconsistencies in the t9 accounts came from the fact that they were all drunk (or distressed,  whatever) and people will believe it.
All they have to do is destroy the dogs evidence and most people will be swayed I think.  Having said that, destroying the dog evidence is no small task as it is so compelling,  and I have a feeling they will outright lie to make the cadaver abd blood scent seem coincidental.  I sincerely hope nobody is swayed by this tripe.
avatar
nglfi

Posts : 563
Join date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Guest on 04.09.14 14:01

@nglfi wrote:Sadly I think this book is going to concentrate quite heavily around the dogs and make every effort to discredit them, in fact I think this is where any 'research' may have been done. The massive thorn in the side of the McCann defence is the dogs. Without their evidence,  most other things are circumstancial and could be argued around. They could argue that the inconsistencies in the t9 accounts came from the fact that they were all drunk (or distressed,  whatever) and people will believe it.
All they have to do is destroy the dogs evidence and most people will be swayed I think.  Having said that, destroying the dog evidence is no small task as it is so compelling,  and I have a feeling they will outright lie to make the cadaver abd blood scent seem coincidental.  I sincerely hope nobody is swayed by this tripe.

I would think that anyone setting out to trash the dogs would need to go about it fairly carefully. The McCanns aren't the only ones who have (or have had at one time) deep pockets. Martin Grime's trained dogs are extremely valuable and get work based on their reputation. According to one report, Keela alone was earning £530 a day plus expenses back in 2005. The FBI and British police use them and have criminals under lock and key as a result of their findings. Trashing such a successful and highly regarded individual would not be a very smart move IMO, unless they have some extremely detailed new technical evidence proving him to be unreliable. Looking at their past writings, I think that seems unlikely, myself.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.14 14:10

@nglfi wrote:Sadly I think this book is going to concentrate quite heavily around the dogs and make every effort to discredit them, in fact I think this is where any 'research' may have been done. The massive thorn in the side of the McCann defence is the dogs. Without their evidence, most other things are circumstantial and could be argued around. They could argue that the inconsistencies in the T9 accounts came from the fact that they were all drunk (or distressed, whatever) and people will believe it.

All they have to do is destroy the dogs evidence and most people will be swayed I think.  Having said that, destroying the dog evidence is no small task as it is so compelling, and I have a feeling they will outright lie to make the cadaver and blood scent seem coincidental.  I sincerely hope nobody is swayed by this tripe.
@ nglfi    I disagree, and for this reason.

Suppose you have some strong arguments in your favour. You bring those out and write an awful lot about them.

Suppose you have a weak point (here, as you suggest, the evidence of Martin Grime). Then you say as little as possible about them, and try to sweep them under the carpet without anybody really noticing.  

The strategy adopted by Dr Kate McCann in 'madeleine' appears to have been:

* say as little as possible about the dogs' alerts

* don't mention any of the detail

* subtly suggest that Martin Grime is not the internationally acclaimed dog handler that he is, and undermine his competence (or, basically, libel him as unprofessional, which is what she did in her book (pp. 249-250).

Martin Grime's qualifications can't be denied, his experience can't be denied, his track record cannot be denied, his video evidence with his dogs in Praia da Luz can't be denied, and his detailed written report about Eddie's 11 alerts and Keela's 5 alerts also cannot be denied.

If they really were writing 'the most definitive account possible' of Madeleine's disappearance, the following would have to be mentioned:

* the McCanns' numerous initial excuses for why the scent of death and Madeleine's blood were apparently detected in the apartment

* the Eugene Zapata fiasco

* Dr Gerald McCann's risible claim that sniffer dogs are 'incredibly unreliable'.

Much better, surely, to just say something like: "Well, of course, a great deal of fuss was made in some quarters about the dogs' alerts, but as Martin Grime himself frankly admitted, these alerts are valueless without corroborating evidence. And there is none".

I think what we will see is more of what we have seen in the early part of this week:

Look HERE - police cooks spoiling the broth, the desperate race to help, the offended Portuguese Police needing to have their wounded souls massaged etc. etc.

AND

Do NOT look over THERE -

contradiction after contradiction,

change of story upon change of story,

series of dodgy criminals employed by Brian Kennedy,

what was said by Dr Amaral in his book and by Tavares de Almeida in his interim report,

none of Madeleine's DNA in Praia da Luz,

last photo held up for three weeks for inexplicable reasons,

barklng dogs...

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15593
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 72
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda' Empty Re: 'Portugal Resident' comments on that Summers and Swan book - and suggest it's just 'propaganda'

Post by Brian Griffin on 04.09.14 14:20

@Miraflores wrote:
What would be the 'bounds' of reasonable parenting?  200 yards? A quarter of a mile? Half a mile?

Context is all. It might well be reasonable to leave your children at home asleep and quickly nip round to a neighbour. If you children wake, they may well know the neighbour, they may know the street by playing out in it, others in the street would know your children and where they live and you would speak the same language, (Or at least this is the case in my street, maybe not everywhere.) It is not the same being on holiday in a strange place, where you have been stuck in a creche all day, so don't know the layout, don't speak the language and where 'neighbours' are mainly a transient holiday population.
April Jones
Nuff said!
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum