The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Post by ChippyM on 26.02.15 10:34

@Doug D wrote:Purely coincidence or is it planning that this story breaks at exactly the same time that the Saville report comes out?

Trying to change what seems to be the general public perception ‘that he is such a nice boy’ to ‘well if Saville can and got away with it for so long, maybe…….’?

I don't think that's the tactic. It seems to be the view of many people that the Savile stuff has been exaggerated by false claims and over zelous policing and that anyone that alleges anything against any other 'celeb' is just trying it on for money. 

Personally I think this was the whole point of feauturing Savile the creepy bogey man so much in the news, the emphasis is that he is a lone weirdo who's depravity knew no bounds....anyone else accused that is has a relatively normal or nice image such as Rolf or Cliff and people must be making it up!    So many people are saying cliff is obviously innocent although they have no knowledge of the charges or his association with the Elm guesthouse brothel.
  Maybe when it gets round to breaking the news on respected MP's who also had a 'normal' image, people will remain sceptical of their alleged crimes too. That's my take on it.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Post by Doug D on 27.02.15 22:15

It has already been suggested that the South Yorks operation may have been a 'flushing' operation, not hindered by the Elm Guest House 'super-inaudible', which looks to have succeeded to some extent, whether this was the intention or not.

The Independent have now published details of the following complaint against Keith Vaz & his committee:

Sir Cliff Richard's legal team complain of causing the singer 'extremely damaging' media coverage of sex abuse allegations

The accusation followed the release of a letter revealing the investigation into an allegation against the singer of child sex abuse has 'increased significantly'

LEWIS SMITH
Friday 27 February 2015

Sir Cliff Richard’s legal team have accused the Home Affairs Committee and its chairman Keith Vaz of unfairly causing the singer “extremely damaging” media coverage.
The accusation followed the release by the Commons committee of a letter from South Yorkshire Police Chief Constable David Crompton which revealed the investigation into an allegation against the singer of child sex abuse has “increased significantly”.
Sir Cliff has strongly denied ever having sexually abused children and was incensed when police forewarned the BBC that they would be raiding his home, enabling the corporation to film the operation.

Solicitor Gideon Benaim, representing Sir Cliff, has now written to the committee complaining that the release of the letter was “manifestly unfair” to the singer and that it was “not how a criminal investigation should be conducted”. He was particularly concerned his client was given “no opportunity to comment or make submissions to the committee” before the letter was made public.
Mr Benaim rebuked Mr Vaz for speaking on camera about the letter, saying that “extensive media interest was hardly dampened by the chairman of the committee who appeared on television to discuss the contents”.

The accusation prompted an immediate riposte from Mr Vaz who suggested the solicitor had failed to provide the Committee with answers to previous requests for comments.
Mr Vaz wrote last night to Mr Benaim: “In the past, the Committee has written to ask for your comments on the matters that have been raise by both South Yorkshire Police and the BBC. You had previously declined to do so.”
The MP also pointed out that it has “always been the policy of the Committee to publish whatever we receive” unless it is marked private and confidential.
The public release of the South Yorkshire Police letter on February 6, Mr Benaim complained, prompted “a further round of unnecessary and extremely damaging media coverage” to his client “with no due process”.
 http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sir-cliff-richards-legal-team-complain-of-causing-the-singer-extremely-damaging-media-coverage-10076449.html

Can we now expect a complaint against them for revealing the details of the complaint and even of revealing that a complaint was made? (Oh silly me, it's not covered by another super-injunction yet is it.)

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 26.05.15 10:18

Cliff is selling his house in England.   The initial investigation has grown into Operation 'Kaddie'.

"The initial probe centred on an allegation by a middle-aged man involving abuse when he was aged under 16 at a Christian rally in 1985.
Two new alleged victims have come forward since, and South Yorkshire Police have set up Operation Kaddie to investigate the allegations. Detectives have taken statements from a number of witnesses already. Prosecutors are liaising with police, too, after officers received a significant number of new lines of inquiry."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3096665/Cliff-Richard-sells-3million-British-mansion-raided-police.html#comments

So many commenters demanding police show what evidence they have, put up or shut up....well they seem to have plenty to work through before any charges are made. Funny how all these people KNOW Cliff is innocent before they have heard any of the allegations or testimony.  I wonder if the new lines of enquiry are anything to do with The Elm Guesthouse?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.05.15 12:35

@ChippyM wrote:Cliff is selling his house in England.   The initial investigation has grown into Operation 'Kaddie'.

Operation Kiddie ? You couldn't make it up !

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

How PR works from Private Eye

Post by PeterMac on 26.05.15 16:24

This could live on several threads, since so many are protected by PR people, and Libel lawyers,

" />

Control Risks, Bell Pottinger, Carter-Ruck, Hanover and many many more also
'have a good track record . . . "

SO FAR ! !

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 26.05.15 18:39

@PeterMac wrote:This could live on several threads, since so many are protected by PR people, and Libel lawyers,

" />

Control Risks, Bell Pottinger, Carter-Ruck, Hanover and many many more also
'have a good track record . . . "

SO FAR  ! !
Hislop's rag is unlikely to make an impact though is it?

Ian Hislop (and I do like him - even more so when he admitted to having a cat called Colin and so did I - well before he did) is as much a part of the establishment as a glass of fine port wine and has the clout of a maverick mosquito. Hislop works for and is paid by the BBC. Hislop has been ceremoniously clouted by lawsuits and is now dumbed down, relying on BBC lawyers to allow/disallow his comments on Have I Got News for You with a cheeky grin, sometimes a disapproving look and always the reassurance of a regular cheque in the post for his continued appearances.

Private Eye is a satirical publication with a readership profile well above the media category/rating of the average person.

Just my opinion of course. I'm open to persuasion.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 26.05.15 19:41

Hislop, the BBC, Greg Dyke anyone else who raised their heads are now under control.

What they say is monitored before they can say it.

We have gone back many many steps over the last 40 years.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.05.15 22:26

@BlueBag wrote:Hislop, the BBC, Greg Dyke anyone else who raised their heads are now under control.
For which we have to thank the combination of the late Peter Carter-Ruck and His Honour Mr Justice Eady, who between them over many years and many cases ( of claret !)
developed the English law of Libel to the grotesque and bizarre thing it now is.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.05.15 9:43

@BlueBag wrote:Hislop, the BBC, Greg Dyke anyone else who raised their heads are now under control.

This depends on whether you think the BBC was an honest broadcasting company a mere 40 years ago.

The BBC have always been the mouthpiece of the Establishment/elite imo.

Personally, I hold the BBC in contempt for not dealing with Savile and the murky stuff that was going on....oooh let me think....40 years ago.

Savile is the tip on the tip of the iceberg.

The Establishment is protected. Only dead people can be pronounced paedophiles in the absence of a court case.

If any elderly person is accused of anything they can claim dementia....then once they die the rumours become urban fact and any claims by the squalid hoi polloi will receive a reassuring message/massage from those in power that their claims were taken seriously, major inquiries have been set up (only to die) and there's nothing wrong with whistle blowing - this (current) government strongly supports and defends it.

Meanwhile, progress is met with a snail's pace. When you think about it there's nothing slow about the likes of McAlpine going on Twitter to throw down his gauntlet, demand satisfaction and tell people he would take apologies/financial donations etc. No snail's pace there.

He's dead now so nothing will be done and nothing will come of the matter.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 27.05.15 9:50

@aquila wrote:

This depends on whether you think the BBC was an honest broadcasting company a mere 40 years ago.

The BBC have always been the mouthpiece of the Establishment/elite imo.

Personally, I hold the BBC in contempt for not dealing with Savile and the murky stuff that was going on....oooh let me think....40 years ago.

Savile is the tip on the tip of the iceberg.
Well someone wasn't following the establishment line about Dr David Kelly and sexed up documents.

That door has been firmly closed by the establishment since.

There are no unwanted questioning voices in the MSM since.

When was the Media Monitoring Unit founded?
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.05.15 10:25

Who told Cliff Richard to become a citizen of Barbados?

Why would someone wish to become a citizen of Barbados? Is it for tax advantages? Is it for extradition advantages? Is it just because you want to be a citizen of Barbados as you've lived there for a long time and travelling through Customs is much easier? Is it because you're an elderly person, getting closer to death and you're making a will to benefit those in Barbados? I don't know. There could be a whole host of reasons.

The MSM are not going to comment/explore those possibilities that's for sure...Cliff Richard's lawyers will...that's for certain.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 27.05.15 15:21

@PeterMac wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:Cliff is selling his house in England.   The initial investigation has grown into Operation 'Kaddie'.

Operation Kiddie ?  You couldn't make it up !

Well spotted! big grin

I suppose if you heard it wrong it could also be 'Operation Kitty'.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 27.05.15 15:32

@aquila wrote:Who told Cliff Richard to become a citizen of Barbados?

Why would someone wish to become a citizen of Barbados? Is it for tax advantages? Is it for extradition advantages? Is it just because you want to be a citizen of Barbados as you've lived there for a long time and travelling through Customs is much easier? Is it because you're an elderly person, getting closer to death and you're making a will to benefit those in Barbados? I don't know. There could be a whole host of reasons.

The MSM are not going to comment/explore those possibilities that's for sure...Cliff Richard's lawyers will...that's for certain.

I think I've quoted this before somewhere;

“I’m officially a non-resident, although I will always be British and proud of it,” says Sir Cliff.
His spokesman, Bill Latham, confirms that Sir Cliff is a citizen of Barbados, where, after selling his house in Weybridge, Surrey, in 2006, he now spends most of his time.
Latham tells Mandrake that the singer, who retains a flat in Sunningdale, Berkshire, has not paid tax to the British Government on money he earns outside the country for some years."

Cliff also says  (Telegraph 2010)  he wants to sell his Barbados mansion and get a flat over looking the beach,  I don't really want to give too much thought to that bit...but I have, Savile's flat in Leeds overlooked a very popular park.  That's my (unfounded) hunch of why he's a Barbadian citizen, the tax breaks are probably a bonus.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 20.09.15 15:30

Police drop investigation into one Cliff Richard sex abuse claim and now 13-month probe into the singer is set to end

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3241918/Police-drop-investigation-one-Cliff-Richard-sex-abuse-claim-13-month-probe-singer-set-end.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 20.09.15 16:49

‘The veteran pop star is also said to have handed over evidence to police that he was never alone with two men who claim he assaulted them during the 1980s.’

‘But Sir Cliff is also said to have handed police evidence that he was never alone during the production.’

Quite remarkable.

Never went for a slash on his own, or in his dressing room changing into his stage gear.

Even if I think back about something I attended in the 70’s or 80’s there is just no way I could account and provide witnesses/evidence for everything that I did on a particular day.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo on 20.09.15 17:00

I
@Doug D wrote:‘The veteran pop star is also said to have handed over evidence to police that he was never alone with two men who claim he assaulted them during the 1980s.’

‘But Sir Cliff is also said to have handed police evidence that he was never alone during the production.’

Quite remarkable.

Never went for a slash on his own, or in his dressing room changing into his stage gear.

Even if I think back about something I attended in the 70’s or 80’s there is just no way I could account and provide witnesses/evidence for everything that I did on a particular day.

Has Sir Cliff handed over any evidence stating he never visited Elm Guest House - or is he also clear with regard to this operation?

Mo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 20.09.15 18:52

@Mo wrote:I
@Doug D wrote:‘The veteran pop star is also said to have handed over evidence to police that he was never alone with two men who claim he assaulted them during the 1980s.’

Quite remarkable.

Has Sir Cliff handed over any evidence stating he never visited Elm Guest House - or is he also clear with regard to this operation?
I don`t get it. The police must have seen the guest list by now.  I wonder how he got round that one.
Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 21.09.15 9:38

Why bother asking the South Yorkshire Police for confirmation and then completely ignore it?

‘AN investigation into one of three child sex allegations against Sir Cliff Richard has been dropped, it is claimed………….

The claims from his close circle of friends boosts the chances that officers could ditch their 13-month probe into the star……………….

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said last night: “We won’t be providing a running commentary on the investigation. The inquiry continues and inquiries are ongoing.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/465804/Sir-Cliff-boost-cops-drop-case

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sir Cliff breaking news

Post by willowthewisp on 21.09.15 13:32

Part of the Establishment fight back, in there campaign to denigrate the alleged victims as Fantasists in child abuse allegations?
willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 22.09.15 13:41

for clarity, please can someone let me know if he's been cleared, exhonorated, or if some allegations, still stand?  Not sure but think some may still stand???

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.11.15 23:41

@sar wrote:For clarity, please can someone let me know if he's been cleared, exonerated, or if some allegations still stand?  Not sure but think some may still stand???

Here's your answer: BBC News tonight:

CLIFF RICHARD RE-INTERVIEWED

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34742005

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 05.11.15 23:47

Thanks Tony!  

Just caught it meself on paper review.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 06.11.15 21:41

Poor love, and `im being a christian n`all.
Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:****Sir Cliff new inquiry?

Post by willowthewisp on 07.11.15 12:09

Not to worry,Cherrie Blair is a legal adviser on human rights and Tony will be there to offer him support after the freebies Sir Cliff had given this couple when they were in power?
willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum