The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Things that are fishy...and I don't just mean sea bass!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things that are fishy...and I don't just mean sea bass!!!

Post by Gaggzy on 03.08.14 21:19

Clay Regazzoni wrote:The seemingly claustrophobic nature of the OC and the appearance of the main players as an assembled "cast".

In retrospect you could be forgiven for thinking that events took place in a sealed location such as an island, or a cruise ship or, Agatha Christie style, aboard a luxury train.

Did nobody think to take a bus trip to Zoomarine? Or even out to Lagos - it's only a few km's away, after all. Instead they all spent a week falling over each other around a couple of tennis courts and a half arsed "restaurant" before one of them finally misplaced a child.

Last night while I was boozing with my mate Dave down in my local, he reckons his brother-in-law's best mate's uncle, was driving to Praia da Luz on April 30th 2007.

He told him he passed a road sign just outside town which said, SWINGERS WITH MINGERS  2km ... and an arrow pointing to Praia da Luz.

This was in Dave's opinion. (and he was on his 9th pint of crème de menthe when he told me this).

puke This was Dave this morning.
Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyVern on 03.08.14 23:03

Reading through all these posts made me wonder something. The McCann family enjoyed free breakfast on the first morning but thereafter avoided the place because, they said, it was too far and had no buggie. But may be their avoidance was for a different reason?

If Madeleine died earlier in the week (30th April for example) then going for breakfast every morning without her would surely look odd. Having breakfast at the apartment and eating at the Tapas on the evening without the children means no independent witnesses may be.

Arrive in Portugal April 29 (Saturday)
One and only time breakfast at restaurant April 30 (Sunday); subsequent mornings breakfast at the holiday apartment.
Sunniest day April 30 (Sunday) – last photo suspected to have been taken then, not 3rd May (info from PeterMac weather data)
Suspected date of Madeleine's premise late April 30th or May 1st.
All in my opinion!

SallyVern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 04.08.14 10:01

@SallyVern wrote:Reading through all these posts made me wonder something. The McCann family enjoyed free breakfast on the first morning but thereafter avoided the place because, they said, it was too far and had no buggie. But may be their avoidance was for a different reason?

If Madeleine died earlier in the week (30th April for example) then going for breakfast every morning without her would surely look odd. Having breakfast at the apartment and eating at the Tapas on the evening without the children means no independent witnesses may be.

One and only time breakfast at restaurant April 30 (Sunday); subsequent mornings breakfast at the holiday apartment.
Sunniest day April 30 (Sunday) – last photo suspected to have been taken then, not 3rd May (info from PeterMac weather data)
All in my opinion!
Sounds good and logical to me... ! Do you think they were trying to hide this from the TAPAS7  - Or just from other independent witnesses?

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.08.14 15:54

Earrings.

And the engagement ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartacus on 04.08.14 20:40

@SallyVern wrote:Reading through all these posts made me wonder something. The McCann family enjoyed free breakfast on the first morning but thereafter avoided the place because, they said, it was too far and had no buggie. But may be their avoidance was for a different reason?

All in my opinion!

The 28th of April 2007,day of arrival, was a saturday.

Spartacus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.08.14 13:58

'squeezing in a haircut'.

Gerry manages to mention this about the twins in his blogs - and then later on about himself. What on earth would make that such an important 'aside'?
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 05.08.14 14:29

Is it true that gm had said firstly we need to do what's best for us... and Madeleines, in an early interview?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.08.14 14:33

@Justformaddie wrote:Is it true that gm had said firstly we need to do what's best for us... and Madeleines, in an early interview?
Why not look it up. It's all in the files.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 05.08.14 14:38

@aquila wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:Is it true that gm had said firstly we need to do what's best for us... and Madeleines, in an early interview?
Why not look it up. It's all in the files.
Ok Aquila, I'll try but read somewhere that it was whooshed, that's why I asked, to see if anyone remembered it   But thanks.  yes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 05.08.14 14:53

@aquila wrote:'squeezing in a haircut'.

Gerry manages to mention this about the twins in his blogs - and then later on about himself. What on earth would make that such an important 'aside'?

Imo, Gerry Mccann's blogs from the early days are very telling in how he personally viewed the massive media/public interest in the case.  He seemed under the impression that his and his wife's jogging achievements were also of interest and important enough to mention in his blogs.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.08.14 15:08

@missmar1 wrote:

Imo, Gerry Mccann's blogs from the early days are very telling in how he personally viewed the massive media/public interest in the case.  He seemed under the impression that his and his wife's jogging achievements were also of interest and important enough to mention in his blogs.
What's Gerald McCann ever written since his blog days?

Kate's written a bewk.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.08.14 15:10

@aquila wrote:
Kate's written a bewk.

Cheques.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.08.14 15:14

@PeterMac wrote:
@aquila wrote:
Kate's written a bewk.

Cheques.
I bet even writing/signing cheques couldn't be pinned down to GM.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newt Fink-Nottle on 05.08.14 16:20

What really baffles me are the dinner arrangements and jiggery-pokery with checking in on the kids.

We are supposed to believe that all the adults went to dinner and took turns checking in on their kids ever 15 to 60 minutes. I'll ignore the timing discrepancies in this post. I can't imagine that someone getting up every so often would be a relaxing or fun dinner. 

For example, why didn't they:

1. Use the babysitting service?
2. Take turns on different nights staying with the kids? They could have had one couple watch all the kids, or one person from each couple watch their own kids, or many different possibilities.
3. Take dinner back to their rooms, or just outside their rooms?

To me, the whole checking in seems so bizarre, that I don't believe it actually happened. 'm American, so maybe it's a cultural thing...?

I think they either left the kids in the rooms and did not check too frequently, if at all. Or, they made the whole thing up and decided to be viewed as neglectful parents rather than something worse.
Newt Fink-Nottle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.14 16:59

Talking of hair, highlights always struck me as an odd course of action given the other more pressing priority at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 05.08.14 20:31

Newt Fink-Nottle, it isn't a 'cultural thing'.       That is just another version of the handy 'we've all done it' myth.  I never have.
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 05.08.14 21:25

Madeleine's empty bed looked staged. I am sure that any parent, finding themselves in the same situation, would have thrown back the bed covers to look for any clues, like items of clothes, blood, anything that might have yielded an answer on what could have happened.
The bed is a big clue imo.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.14 20:37

@aquila
Do you think the haircuts comment is possibly something to do with influencing the extent of any toxicology tests (for sedatives etc) that could potentially have been done on the twins or GM's hair? I don't know the science behind it but anecdotally I understand that the results are stored along the hair as it grows so newest results as the root then older and older results as you go along the length of the hair.

I am glad you raised this as the haircuts comment has always puzzled me. And as we know these sorts of seemingly innocuous statements are there for a reason.

I can't think of any other reason for the haircuts comment apart from trying to suggest that someone's appearance may have changed based on information given at the time. Perhaps something to do with the various efits/descriptions that were around at the time maybe.

All in my own opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.08.14 21:15

The comment came from Gerry's blogs. I'd be really grateful if you could find it BCB, I'm having trouble with my laptop. I have to keep rebooting when I change pages.

It's the wording of Gerry's blog that needs to be looked at. It's something along the lines of (I'm doing this from memory) 'some of you may have noticed' re the kids haircuts. He also goes onto say he (GM) manages to squeeze in a haircut.

What struck me is that as far as I was aware there were no daily/weekly photographs of the twins so why would someone notice if they'd had a haircut? What was important about the haircut? Who cut the twins' hair? What was so important about Gerry having a haircut? Who cut his hair?

When your daughter has been 'abducted' (by paedophiles) what on earth would make you witter on about haircuts in a blog?

Things that make you go mmmm.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.08.14 23:33

You have a good memory Aquila:-

26 May 07

Yesterday was relatively quiet although we did meet the British ambassador and the senior British Police Officer who has been working here in Portugal on the case. This was a productive meeting. There was a flurry of activity amongst the media here stating the family was openly critical of the Portuguese policed which was not true. We did our best to dampen this down but a couple of papers carried stories with our ‘frustration’ with the investigation rather than what we said it was frustrating that 3 weeks down the line we still have not got Madeleine back. This would be the case which ever country we were in. Some of you may have noticed that Sean and Amelie did manage to squeeze in a hair cut!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id13.html

Although I can't yet find the quote about himself (GM) also having a haircut[color:1874=000000] I've seen this men[color:1874=000000]tioned anecdotally.

Yes on the surface truly bizarre, but as we know there will be some logic behind it.

All in my own opinion.

Back to top Go down

A hairy question...

Post by missbeetle on 11.08.14 0:21

Hmmm. I note the date is a month before Philomena McCann's Turkey trip...

I looked into the idea of a lock of Madeleine's hair being taken along as a relic to a nearby shrine...

(clipped from a Justin Noble interview with Deborah Lutz, at FuneralWise.com, dated 31st October 2011)

...and I remembered that the Pope had also blessed a photograph of the McCann twins, along with Madeleine.

So possibly someone's saved locks of their hair, also...?

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 12.08.14 15:05

Why would a lawyer advise km to stay silent when her child could have been stolen? That's fishy! 
Did gm answer? But those answers not released? Was that so km could get her story right for future reference?
Seriously, your child "taken" and your lawyer advices you not to cooperate!
And what's with ROs interview on the 15th May that all shutters were down, windows and patio shutters! That's what I read last night by Dr Martin. Roberts!
IMO fishy from get go.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.08.14 15:20

BlackCatBoogie wrote:You have a good memory Aquila:-

26 May 07

Yesterday was relatively quiet although we did meet the British ambassador and the senior British Police Officer who has been working here in Portugal on the case. This was a productive meeting. There was a flurry of activity amongst the media here stating the family was openly critical of the Portuguese policed which was not true. We did our best to dampen this down but a couple of papers carried stories with our ‘frustration’ with the investigation rather than what we said it was frustrating that 3 weeks down the line we still have not got Madeleine back. This would be the case which ever country we were in. Some of you may have noticed that Sean and Amelie did manage to squeeze in a hair cut!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id13.html

Although I can't yet find the quote about himself (GM) also having a haircut[color:233d=000000] I've seen this men[color:233d=000000]tioned anecdotally.

Yes on the surface truly bizarre, but as we know there will be some logic behind it.

All in my own opinion.
Thanks BCB, GM's 'squeezing in a haircut' was not on the same date but it was in his blog. IIRC it was on his return to UK.

As you say there is some logic. Why would you mention haircuts?

Things that make you go mmmm.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 12.08.14 20:54

MILLIE wrote:

Talking of hair, highlights always struck me as an odd course of action given the other more pressing priority at the time.
Odd indeed.  Having highlights done seems to require a considerable investment in time. Given KMcC's reported fragile state at that point, hard to see how she could face several hours spent at the salon, up close and personal with a strange hairdresser and in view of other customers, who would have had plenty of time to gawp at the famous tragic mum.  An ordeal which most people would not have felt like facing at such a time and could very easily have been put off, so getting her hair coloured must have been very important indeed, for whatever reason.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newt Fink-Nottle on 13.08.14 12:16

@Justformaddie wrote:Why would a lawyer advise km to stay silent when her child could have been stolen? That's fishy! 
Did gm answer? But those answers not released? Was that so km could get her story right for future reference?
Seriously, your child "taken" and your lawyer advices you not to cooperate!
And what's with ROs interview on the 15th May that all shutters were down, windows and patio shutters! That's what I read last night by Dr Martin. Roberts!
IMO fishy from get go.

I think lawyers pretty much tell their clients to stay quiet no matter what the situation.

The fishy part is - why did KM listen? If my kid was missing, no one could get me to stop talking about what happened!
Newt Fink-Nottle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum