The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Gerry / Murat - No comment

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.08.14 18:24

@Johanna Renstein wrote:Additionally I would love to see the direct quote where Jane says: "It was Robert Murat, definitely. I could tell by the way he was walking" plus the source that puts Mr. Smith and Robert Murat in a friendship and not just a mere acquaintance by sight from various holiday. Guess will have to wait for that...
@ Johanna Renstein

1. The Jane Tanner quote

My post, to which you refer, was a quick attempt to summarise the fascinating symmetry between (a) Jane Tanner and the some of the rest of the McCann camp framing Murat, and (b) Martin Smith, friend of Murat, framing Gerry McCann. I used imagined direct quotes in each case for brevity to illustrate the point.

The words attributed by me to Jane Tanner - "It was Robert Murat, definitely. I could tell by the way he was walking" - are based on this reference in Chapter 7 ('Suspicious Behaviour and Contradictions') in Goncalo Amaral's book, 'The Truth About A Lie', here's the direct quotation from Anna Silvestre's translation:

"Jane Tanner is adamant: it certainly is Robert Murat that she saw that night. She definitely recognises his way of walking". 

I think therefore that you would probably agree that Jane's words would have been very close to those I attributed to her.

2. Martin Smith and Robert Murat: Friends?

I would refer you first of all to all the material in the PJ files, all the many newspaper articles about the Smiths (including those in Irish newspapers such as the Drogheda Independent), and to all the discussion and threads on here concerning the Smiths and the alleged 'Smithman' sighting, where I have developed my thinking re Martin Smith.

I freely admit that to designate Martin Smith and Robert Murat as 'friends' is a deduction by me and not an admitted fact.

I am happy to state the process by which I arrive at the deduction that Murat was a friend of Martin Smith and not, as you suggest, 'merely an acquaintance by sight':

1. Martin Smith has been evasive about his relationship with Murat

2. In one newspaper article, he was reported to have been very touchy when asked about Murat

3. He first of all claimed that he had 'only seen Murat twice', once when he (Murat) was drunk

4. However, he later admitted that he had known Murat for at least 2 years. I consider that as he has been evasive re Murat, he might have known him longer than that 

5. It later emerged that Martin Smith had for some time owned a holiday apartment in the Estrela da Luz complex and went there on holiday several times a year (increasing the possibility that he had regular contact with Murat)  

6. His conduct in doing nothing at all about allegedly seeing a man carrying a blonde girl cl;ad only in pyjamas in the dark at 10pm, then only intervening the day after Murat is made a suspect, suggests the possibility at the very least that his relationship with Murat prompted his telephone call to the police

7. That possibility is very much strengthened by the fact that he was able to persuade the police that, despite (a) the fact that it was dark (b) the fact that the street lighting was 'weak' (c) the fact that he only saw the man for a second or two (d) the fact that he couldn't see the man's face anyway because the child was (allegedly) hiding it and (e) his admission that he wouldn't be able to recognise the man if he saw him again - he knew Robert Murat well enough to be absolutely certain that the man was not Robert Murat

8. His conduct, on the flimsiest of pretexts, in purporting to be '60% to 80% sure' that it was Gerry McCann he had seen on 3 May, which would be fully in line with him continuing to act in some way on behalf of Robert Murat.

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14898
Reputation : 2990
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by BlueBag on 01.08.14 18:45

@sharonl wrote:Blue bag

Please explain your reasons for starting this thread.

If Gerry's comment, or lack of it, is innocent, why on earth did you start a discussion on it? 

All you seem to have done is start the thread and argue with anyone who has a different opinion to yours.

Actually people with a different opinion have argued with me.

The reason I started it is because I always wondered about that comment and wasn't sure about the context.

Now I am.

I am entitled to opinion.

Am I not?

I think my case is well argued - just  my opinion. 

And before anyone else starts hinting I'm a troll please read my other posts.

Thanks.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4576
Reputation : 2374
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Guest on 01.08.14 18:48

Taken on it's own, the reply by GM does sound suspicious. He should have answered yes or no. That's what it is assumed we all would do. But with GM imo you cannot assume a normal response. 
This is a man who does not like to be questioned. Full stop. 
To him the content of the question is irrelevant. The fact that someone has dared to question him will make him angry and so his likely response would be that he would not answer the question anyway. 
Also he probably likes the cat and mouse game and so by adding a little intrigue here and there he gets some delight in thinking he is cleverer than us mere mortals. 
I think there is some compelling evidence put here by TB for there being more to the relationship between M and GM, which is much more relevant to their relationship than the no comment.

All my own opinion.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Guest on 01.08.14 19:45

I think it's quite interesting to ponder what motivated the asking of the question in the first place. These things don't just come out of a vacuum, after all.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by aquila on 01.08.14 20:01

Clay Regazzoni wrote:I think it's quite interesting to ponder what motivated the asking of the question in the first place. These things don't just come out of a vacuum, after all.
Do you mean what prompted Sandra Fulgeiras to ask?

She seems to be the only reporter with the tenacity to ask about something that wasn't on the press conference agenda.

That's very interesting - you could start a list Clay.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8792
Reputation : 1760
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Guest on 01.08.14 20:06

@aquila wrote:
Do you mean what prompted Sandra Fulgeiras to ask?


Yes. It's a bit like the 48 questions. It sometimes seems (to me at least) that the truth was fairly well known, there on the ground in the early days.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Hicks on 01.08.14 20:07

@Cristobell wrote:Thank to Johanna for clarifying the situation regarding the flight booking.  I actually find commentators who admit an error and go out of their way to correct it, to be the most honest.  Its those who believe they are infallible that worry me.

As I said earlier, I don't think it is here nor there.  Everything doesn't revolve around Kate and Gerry, and RM was merely getting on with this life and responding to the anxious call from his girlfriend.

It is worth nothing that Robert Murat was introduced as a suspect on 8th May via an anonymous phone call.  He was already being lined up as a suspect by someone.  The initial phone came from a woman speaking fluent Portuguese and alleging that he was watching 'suspect material' on the internet, and that there may be 'gang' activity. 

RM was, on paper, the ideal patsy.  Separated from his wife and daughter, living with his mother, and easy access and escape from 5A.  When Gerry gave that ambiguous comment, he knew full well who Robert Murat was, as Hobs tells us, people will go out of their way to avoid lying directly.  We know from the off Kate and Gerry were assisted by CEOP, whose speciality was profiling and tracking down those who watch pornography online.  The scenario being that RM, driven insane by the child pornography he was watching online acted on it and stole a child from a holiday apartment.

Who was the woman who gave the anonymous tip off?  Did anyone ever bother to track her down?  Someone was pointing the finger at RM, but it took a further nudge from Lori Campbell (of the Sun) to get the PJ to follow the correct lead. 

Regarding the incident of Jane Tanner naming Robert Murat as a suspect. Jane Tanner was asked to take part in a covert exercise which involved hiding in a van and watching RM walk past to see if she could recognise him.  It was organised by British detective Ron Small (?).  Jane unequivocally identified RM as the man she saw.  She has since denied this and unfortunately it is not recorded in the files that were released (they held many back), but it should be remembered that following Robert Murat's arrest on 15th May, two further members of the Tapas gang came forward to say they saw RM on the night.

I don't think it could be any clearer, that the McCanns and their friends were fitting RM up, and if they could have got away with it, they would have.
Cristobel, you may well be correct in your assumption that Murat was just an innocent fitted up by the McCann's and they're friends, however, the material provided by Johanna Renstein proves nothing other that Murat booked his flight on the 30th instead of the 1st May.
The emails from his girlfriend also prove nothing. Michaela Walczuch seems to have lied about where she was on the night Madeleine disappeared. She said she has attended a Jehovah's Witness meeting, yet others claimed she was not there as she had been thrown out of the church a year back due to her 'unconventional lifestyle'. Add to this not one, but two potential witnesses who came forward to say they had seen Michaela with a child resembling Madeleine.

Murat definitely denied the call he made to Malinka on the 3rd, that is until he was shown the proof.... then he remembered.

____________________
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln.
avatar
Hicks

Posts : 976
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-07-16
Age : 59

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by aquila on 01.08.14 20:31

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@aquila wrote:
Do you mean what prompted Sandra Fulgeiras to ask?


Yes. It's a bit like the 48 questions. It sometimes seems (to me at least) that the truth was fairly well known, there on the ground in the early days.
A journalist on home turf would certainly have more knowledge of things than UK hacks imo.

I have never had the feeling that Sandra Fulgeiras is interested in controversial/sensational reporting. She strikes me as a journalist who likes to get to the facts and never loses focus.

Sandra was graced with the McCanns exclusive presence a couple of times and twice she got GM's hackles up. There's one interview (I don't have the link - it's the one conducted outdoors) where GM is sitting open legged (crotch strutting) facing her until she asks an awkward question in her forthright style and he immediately shifts on his chair and closes his legs. Sandra's a no sh*t gal - as determined as a dog with a juicy bone!
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8792
Reputation : 1760
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by aiyoyo on 01.08.14 20:37

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@aquila wrote:
Do you mean what prompted Sandra Fulgeiras to ask?


Yes. It's a bit like the 48 questions. It sometimes seems (to me at least) that the truth was fairly well known, there on the ground in the early days.

Yeah, it makes you wonder isn't it whether Sandra Fulgeiras question was prompted on the ground of something or just impromptu casual curiosity.

avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Cristobell on 01.08.14 22:35

@Hicks wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Thank to Johanna for clarifying the situation regarding the flight booking.  I actually find commentators who admit an error and go out of their way to correct it, to be the most honest.  Its those who believe they are infallible that worry me.

As I said earlier, I don't think it is here nor there.  Everything doesn't revolve around Kate and Gerry, and RM was merely getting on with this life and responding to the anxious call from his girlfriend.

It is worth nothing that Robert Murat was introduced as a suspect on 8th May via an anonymous phone call.  He was already being lined up as a suspect by someone.  The initial phone came from a woman speaking fluent Portuguese and alleging that he was watching 'suspect material' on the internet, and that there may be 'gang' activity. 

RM was, on paper, the ideal patsy.  Separated from his wife and daughter, living with his mother, and easy access and escape from 5A.  When Gerry gave that ambiguous comment, he knew full well who Robert Murat was, as Hobs tells us, people will go out of their way to avoid lying directly.  We know from the off Kate and Gerry were assisted by CEOP, whose speciality was profiling and tracking down those who watch pornography online.  The scenario being that RM, driven insane by the child pornography he was watching online acted on it and stole a child from a holiday apartment.

Who was the woman who gave the anonymous tip off?  Did anyone ever bother to track her down?  Someone was pointing the finger at RM, but it took a further nudge from Lori Campbell (of the Sun) to get the PJ to follow the correct lead. 

Regarding the incident of Jane Tanner naming Robert Murat as a suspect. Jane Tanner was asked to take part in a covert exercise which involved hiding in a van and watching RM walk past to see if she could recognise him.  It was organised by British detective Ron Small (?).  Jane unequivocally identified RM as the man she saw.  She has since denied this and unfortunately it is not recorded in the files that were released (they held many back), but it should be remembered that following Robert Murat's arrest on 15th May, two further members of the Tapas gang came forward to say they saw RM on the night.

I don't think it could be any clearer, that the McCanns and their friends were fitting RM up, and if they could have got away with it, they would have.
Cristobel, you may well be correct in your assumption that Murat was just an innocent fitted up by the McCann's and they're friends, however, the material provided by Johanna Renstein proves nothing other that Murat booked his flight on the 30th instead of the 1st May.
The emails from his girlfriend also prove nothing. Michaela Walczuch seems to have lied about where she was on the night Madeleine disappeared. She said she has attended a Jehovah's Witness meeting, yet others claimed she was not there as she had been thrown out of the church a year back due to her 'unconventional lifestyle'. Add to this not one, but two potential witnesses who came forward to say they had seen Michaela with a child resembling Madeleine.

Murat definitely denied the call he made to Malinka on the 3rd, that is until he was shown the proof.... then he remembered.
If you believe that, then you have totally discarded the evidence of the dogs.

From my experience with this case, any theory that does not take account of the dogs' alerts in the apartment and car, are not worth pursuing.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Research_Reader on 01.08.14 22:45

Clay Regazzoni wrote:I think it's quite interesting to ponder what motivated the asking of the question in the first place. These things don't just come out of a vacuum, after all.


Exactly, thats the point I've been making a few times. Its a very odd question to ask out of left-field. Unless, of course, she had seen or heard something to make her ask it...

____________________
avatar
Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Research_Reader on 01.08.14 22:52

@aiyoyo wrote:
I disagree Blue bag.  You are not correct there.   He DID comment when asked about the investigation, evidenced in the quote below....


Yes. There was nothing stopping him from simply answering 'No'. Instead he chooses to give an ambiguous answer.

____________________
avatar
Research_Reader

Posts : 261
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by suzyjohnson on 01.08.14 23:16

Given that Murat had been translating for the McCanns and the PJ already, isn't it a bit pointless to ask GM if he knew him?

Also, supposing that GM had known Murat, or known of Murat, prior to MM's disappearance. Supposing that GM knew something about him, like for example, he had obtained drugs for GM, or GM had formed an opinion from what he knew of Murat like for example, he drinks too much and makes a fool of himself (not true examples but just a for instance)

In that circumstance, even if GM did know Murat, it would be entirely inappropriate for GM to comment on such an unrelated matter at the time of Murat's arrest wouldn't it? A response along the lines of 'yes, I know him' would inevitably have brought about more speculation and more questions. I don't think the PJ would have been particularly impressed if GM had given his opinion of Murat to the press at that time.

Also, I was interested to read KM's quote relating to Murat (in the thread somewhere above) that when he had kindly offered his assistance in translating, and had expressed empathy with KM by referring to his own daughter of similar age, that KM (guess what) had been 'irked' by him. It seems to be a typical negative KM response to anyone that offered to help, unless they've brought money with them, - Mrs Fenn, Yvonne, Amaral (we know the story by now). If, for example, GM had formed a negative opinion of Murat, similar to that of KM, perhaps for very little reason, during the time he was translating for them, would GM have been right to comment on that to the press at that time? I don't think so.
IMO there may have been many reasons why GM said he did not want to comment other than the assumption that Murat was in some way linked to the tapas group and MM's disappearance.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1193
Reputation : 262
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by j.rob on 01.08.14 23:31

@missmar1 wrote:
@j.rob wrote:The reply to a question that you wish not to answer due to the inconvenience that your response may incriminate you in one way or another.
Girl #1- "Do you like Matt's new hair cut?" 
Girl #2- "...no comment" 

Girl #1-"You and Josh were upstairs for a while last night! What the hell were you two doing?" 
Girl #2-"No Comment"


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=no%20comment


 Wife to husband  :  "Do you think I look fat in this dress "

Husband  :   " I am not going to comment on that "

 big grin I guess it depends on whether the husband wants a divorce or not!

Husband to wife: 'are you having an affair?'

Wife to husband: 'I am not going to comment on that!'


But with regard to the exchange being discussed. It is really quite fascinatingly rich in possible interpretations. For one thing, why not state at the outset: 'I cannot comment on (aspects of) the investigation. He then has his 'get out of jail' card for avoiding responding to any awkward or incriminating questions. Using the word 'want' leaves the door open for journalists to ask questions that might make him squirm. And look suspicious. Which is precisely what happened.

Gerry: "Errr, I don't want to comment too much about the investigation. 

It would have been much better, imo, to have said: "I cannot comment on specific aspects of the investigation." Or words to that effect. He is then not as vulnerable to exposure if journalists ask awkward questions. 

Errr, in general terms, terms of suspects, and I know there's been a lot of media... errm, response to that. 


I think that he was supposed to say something like: "I can only comment in general terms." However he then immediately brings up the word 'suspects'. Why plural? Why bring it up at all if he doesn't want to comment on the (one, supposedly) suspect? Because, perhaps, he knows there is more than one suspect, and, furthermore, he knows who they are?! And the press know who they are too!


I would say, as a family, and I hope that everyone else here treats all suspects the way that we would hope to be treated and that they are presumed innocent until someone is charged, arrested and convicted of any criminal offence

He is speaking on behalf of his whole family here. He is hoping that 'all the suspects' are treated in the way that 'we hope to be treated'. By the media I assume, given his previous comment on media response. I would say this is directly confirming that members of his family/friends could be suspects as well. And they want to be treated as innocent until proven guilty.

Errr, we have been assured by the British police that the information that we get is similar to what you would expect to get at home. And, you know, we don't want too much detail. When there's real developments we want to know about them."


Hmm- a message about what the British police have told the Mcs - relayed to the UK media. And - my interpretation - 'as you (the media) know - we don't want too much detail (in other words, we do not want the type of detail that Robert Murat and his family have been exposed  to - no way do we want all the details about our family life in the press.)


Sandra Felgueiras (RTP): "But did you know Robert Murat?" Gerry: "I'm not going to comment on that." (coughs, and turns his head away from the inerviewer)'

An entirely logical reaction from this journalist. As in, why would Gerry be concerning himself with a suspect who has maybe abducted his daughter? Why would he be concerned about the way he is being treated?

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by suzyjohnson on 02.08.14 0:04

@HelenMeg wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:I believe simplicity is the key to this whole mystery,

If GM and KM were involved in MM's disappearance, I believe the following is likely to be true

1) No high level cover up ........ 

.................................

Just wondering how your views explain the political interference - the allocation (almost immediate) of Clarence? How do you explain the presence of people such as PE at the OC that week? Or do you just not bother to think about those things? (not meant to sound offensive - by the way!  winkwink )

I think you have to take into account the things that were happening in the Uk at the time, for example,

MM's disappearance occurred shortly after two other events which had greatly upset people in the Uk, the murder of little Sarah Payne and the way her brave mother faced up to the press, and then the tragic murders of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. I think many people felt a sense of not being able to do anything to help and, so, when MM disappeared, people were only too ready to help and felt that by giving money they could perhaps turn the situation around. The word 'unprecedented' has frequently been used to describe what happened to the McCanns following MM's disappearance in terms of the public's response and the publicity generated across the world.

I think the government got involved primarily for three reasons,
1) It was clear to them that the McCanns were potentially in deep water with regards to the press (subsequently proved right)
2) That events had occurred in a foreign country, and it is quite usual to provide assistance to British citizen's abroad, but also to try to prevent a problem developing between the two countries (who would imagine that nine British doctors would in any way be involved in the disappearance of a child?)
3) Gordon Brown's compassionate nature (that the same response was not given to Kerry Needham I think, is simply down to the fact of different government, different times)

The fact that Clarence, in particular, got involved is due to the fact, I think, that he wanted to be in the right place at the right time for the scoop of the century. Mitchell was also involved as a journalist with coverage of the Soham murders.

Other than that, I don't actually think government have been particularly interested in the McCann story. Apparently Rebekah Brooks persuaded Cameron into authorising a review of the McCann case, I suspect he ordered one precisely because he had no idea what was in the PJ files and that the issue would be so contentious, otherwise he might not have bothered.

Why was PE in PdL? Who? I'm not sure he is relevant to this story at all? Wasn't he the nephew of Margaret Hodge, with some connection to the government? There does seem to be one or two well known names around PdL (probably not all that well known tbh) for example, tv producer, Jez Wilkins. Not sure why this should be the case, perhaps simply because there is going to be a higher percentage of wealthier people abroad, who can afford to holiday more than most of us?

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1193
Reputation : 262
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by suzyjohnson on 02.08.14 0:10

@j.rob wrote:
@missmar1 wrote:
@j.rob wrote:The reply to a question that you wish not to answer due to the inconvenience that your response may incriminate you in one way or another.
Girl #1- "Do you like Matt's new hair cut?" 
Girl #2- "...no comment" 

Girl #1-"You and Josh were upstairs for a while last night! What the hell were you two doing?" 
Girl #2-"No Comment"


http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=no%20comment


 Wife to husband  :  "Do you think I look fat in this dress "

Husband  :   " I am not going to comment on that "

 big grin I guess it depends on whether the husband wants a divorce or not!

Husband to wife: 'are you having an affair?'

Wife to husband: 'I am not going to comment on that!'


But with regard to the exchange being discussed. It is really quite fascinatingly rich in possible interpretations. For one thing, why not state at the outset: 'I cannot comment on (aspects of) the investigation. He then has his 'get out of jail' card for avoiding responding to any awkward or incriminating questions. Using the word 'want' leaves the door open for journalists to ask questions that might make him squirm. And look suspicious. Which is precisely what happened.

Gerry: "Errr, I don't want to comment too much about the investigation. 

It would have been much better, imo, to have said: "I cannot comment on specific aspects of the investigation." Or words to that effect. He is then not as vulnerable to exposure if journalists ask awkward questions. 

Errr, in general terms, terms of suspects, and I know there's been a lot of media... errm, response to that. 


I think that he was supposed to say something like: "I can only comment in general terms." However he then immediately brings up the word 'suspects'. Why plural? Why bring it up at all if he doesn't want to comment on the (one, supposedly) suspect? Because, perhaps, he knows there is more than one suspect, and, furthermore, he knows who they are?! And the press know who they are too!


I would say, as a family, and I hope that everyone else here treats all suspects the way that we would hope to be treated and that they are presumed innocent until someone is charged, arrested and convicted of any criminal offence

He is speaking on behalf of his whole family here. He is hoping that 'all the suspects' are treated in the way that 'we hope to be treated'. By the media I assume, given his previous comment on media response. I would say this is directly confirming that members of his family/friends could be suspects as well. And they want to be treated as innocent until proven guilty.

Errr, we have been assured by the British police that the information that we get is similar to what you would expect to get at home. And, you know, we don't want too much detail. When there's real developments we want to know about them."


Hmm- a message about what the British police have told the Mcs - relayed to the UK media. And - my interpretation - 'as you (the media) know - we don't want too much detail (in other words, we do not want the type of detail that Robert Murat and his family have been exposed  to - no way do we want all the details about our family life in the press.)


Sandra Felgueiras (RTP): "But did you know Robert Murat?" Gerry: "I'm not going to comment on that." (coughs, and turns his head away from the inerviewer)'

An entirely logical reaction from this journalist. As in, why would Gerry be concerning himself with a suspect who has maybe abducted his daughter? Why would he be concerned about the way he is being treated?

Very good insight there I think j rob, an excellent post

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1193
Reputation : 262
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by BlueBag on 02.08.14 7:48

@suzyjohnson wrote:Given that Murat had been translating for the McCanns and the PJ already, isn't it a bit pointless to ask GM if he knew him?

Also, supposing that GM had known Murat, or known of Murat, prior to MM's disappearance. Supposing that GM knew something about him, like for example, he had obtained drugs for GM, or GM had formed an opinion from what he knew of Murat like for example, he drinks too much and makes a fool of himself (not true examples but just a for instance)

In that circumstance, even if GM did know Murat, it would be entirely inappropriate for GM to comment on such an unrelated matter at the time of Murat's arrest wouldn't it? A response along the lines of 'yes, I know him' would inevitably have brought about more speculation and more questions. I don't think the PJ would have been particularly impressed if GM had given his opinion of Murat to the press at that time.

Also, I was interested to read KM's quote relating to Murat (in the thread somewhere above) that when he had kindly offered his assistance in translating, and had expressed empathy with KM by referring to his own daughter of similar age, that KM (guess what) had been 'irked' by him. It seems to be a typical negative KM response to anyone that offered to help, unless they've brought money with them, - Mrs Fenn, Yvonne, Amaral (we know the story by now). If, for example, GM had formed a negative opinion of Murat, similar to that of KM, perhaps for very little reason, during the time he was translating for them, would GM have been right to comment on that to the press at that time? I don't think so.
IMO there may have been many reasons why GM said he did not want to comment other than the assumption that Murat was in some way linked to the tapas group and MM's disappearance.

She was irked because "and who, he said, looked just like  Madeleine. I was a little irked by this. In the circumstances, it seemed rather tactless, even if he was simply trying to empathize. I didn't think his daughter could possibly be as beautiful as Madeleine - though of course, as her mum, I didn't think any other little girl could be as beautiful as Madeleine.".

Complete over the top BS from Kate.

Your daughter is missing and all you can think of is a beauty contest?

She may have been irked but it wasn't because of this.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4576
Reputation : 2374
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by BlueBag on 02.08.14 8:01

More from Kate about Murat being made arguido:


"We met up with Alan Pike to talk through how we were feeling. Strange, was the short answer: for a brief period I found myself feeling positive, almost excited, that we might be nearer to finding Madeleine. That evaporated when we went round to see Fiona and David. Fiona. They told us she'd seen Robert Murat's  outside apartment 5A on the night of Madeleine's disappearance. Then I began to feel panicky.   As Fiona and David speculated, I became more and more anxious. I didn't want to hear it. Within the space of a couple of hours I went from feeling cautiously optimistic to very, very low. Another long, dark night followed. 

So at least 11 days (Murat was made arguido on 14th) after Madeleine disappeared David and Fiona decide to tell Kate that actually he was hanging around 5a that night....

It beggars belief.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4576
Reputation : 2374
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by aiyoyo on 02.08.14 8:26

@BlueBag wrote:More from Kate about Murat being made arguido:


"We met up with Alan Pike to talk through how we were feeling. Strange, was the short answer: for a brief period I found myself feeling positive, almost excited, that we might be nearer to finding Madeleine. That evaporated when we went round to see Fiona and David. Fiona. They told us she'd seen Robert Murat's  outside apartment 5A on the night of Madeleine's disappearance. Then I began to feel panicky.   As Fiona and David speculated, I became more and more anxious. I didn't want to hear it. Within the space of a couple of hours I went from feeling cautiously optimistic to very, very low. Another long, dark night followed. 

So at least 11 days (Murat was made arguido on 14th) after Madeleine disappeared David and Fiona decide to tell Kate that actually he was hanging around 5a that night....

It beggars belief.

She also said she wanted to murder him in her diary entry IIRC.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by aiyoyo on 02.08.14 8:56

@ J rob.
Insightful post.
That must have been a freudian slip when Gerry used plural 'suspects'.
Pre-empting their own arrests hence cautioning the Press how they want to be treated.
Sly, as usual.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9610
Reputation : 324
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by joyce1938 on 02.08.14 9:24

Aioyo, that sentence from you right now ,I think sounds correct.joyce1938
avatar
joyce1938

Posts : 859
Reputation : 114
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 79
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Miraflores on 02.08.14 9:49

I didn't think his daughter could possibly be as beautiful as Madeleine - though of course, as her mum, I didn't think any other little girl could be as beautiful as Madeleine.".
Oops Kate, you slipped up there: insert "except for Amelie, of course".
avatar
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by sharonl on 02.08.14 10:28

@Miraflores wrote:
I didn't think his daughter could possibly be as beautiful as Madeleine - though of course, as her mum, I didn't think any other little girl could be as beautiful as Madeleine.".
Oops Kate, you slipped up there: insert "except for Amelie, of course".

My sentiments exactly.   When Kate was allegedly taking her children to the poolside the day that the last photograph was taken.  She dressed Madeleine in her new very expensive pink outfit (as if anyone would dress a child that way to play by the pool and in the park) and Amelie in her orange t-shirt dress (much more suitable) and thought to herself (as she followed her two daughters), how lovely Madeleine looked.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron
avatar
sharonl


Posts : 4701
Reputation : 870
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Woofer on 02.08.14 10:58

I don`t have a copy of Kate`s book, but didn`t someone say that she described RM as very sweaty and looking like the type of person that was bullied as a child ?  If so, she was trying to paint him as a `disturbed` type in her book.  Much like her spiteful references to tweedledum and tweedledee.  We can judge instantly who is the bully IMO.
avatar
Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry / Murat - No comment

Post by Justformaddie on 02.08.14 11:25

And didn't gm say when maddie was born that she was almost perfect (iirc). 
First born. Almost perfect? If I was km I'd have  cut the head off his shoulders!
IMO

____________________
Parents=protection high5 
avatar
Justformaddie

Posts : 540
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-05-13
Location : On my iPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum