The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Mm11

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Mm11

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Regist10

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Empty Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14

Post by margaret 21.07.14 18:04

Reading the news about the last session of the trial I am sure that the vast majority of journalists don't know what there is to discuss, not reported correctly.

Let us be clear. What is at issue is as follows:-If the writing of my book "Maddie: the truth of the lie" was a lawful or unlawful act;
-If the authors have suffered damage and if there are facts that prove;
-Whether it is possible to establish a causal link between the book and the possibility of such damages.
This is what is at stake.

As to the lawfulness of the book, I suggest to anyone who has doubts that read the judgment of the Court of appeal of Lisbon under the restraining order that preceded the action in question. In fact, for the Ex.mos Lords Judges, as can be concluded from that decision, the lawfulness of publication of the book is undeniable.

By this I mean that, with this proven legality, it should stick around, without need to find out anything else, particularly with regard to the damage that the authors complain.

But, it should be noted, even though such lawfulness can still be concerned, there is, still, to establish a causal link between the publication and the damage that the authors complain, such as deep depressions, social isolation, etc.And, of course, prove that such damage, whatever its origin, there are in fact.

As for the social part, it seems to me obvious, if we neglect the many social events in which the authors have participated, including, gasp-if, speeches in the British Parliament, interviews in programs such as Oprah Winfrey, gala dinners as the most illustrious personalities, notably British, among many others, the so-called social distancing is totally false.

Already about the depression, though, in any way are proven in the process, in my opinion, the truth is that it would be very strange if they didn't exist. The disappearance of a child, is dead or alive, has been kidnapped or not, cannot fail to cause huge sequels of this type. It would be very strange if this does not happen. But in this respect I do not say anything, insofar as the authors seem to want to charge me and my book all your sore, as if that disappearance, plus their Constitution as defendants and other circumstances surrounding the case, by itself, did not have any importance, or they weren't more than enough!

Unfortunately, due to delaying tactics on the part of clearly maneuvers authors, which forced, once again, to the postponement of the hearing, I fear that the process will drag-as they clearly intend to-, and not have sentence closely, as I would like and that yearning. Plus when I started the judicial holidays and, as Mr. Ex.ma the Judge well explained, with the entry into force of the new map in court on September 1, the procedural delays will worsen considerably.

On my part, however, remains unshaken confidence in the Portuguese justice.

It only remains for me to thank and recognize all the support I have received, on the part of all those who believe in justice and in truth, without which I wouldn't have been able to cope with the process. Nor, lead me to ponder, as I am, take a case against the couple Mccan and others, in order to be compensated from the huge losses they've caused me at all levels, such as moral, and financial professionals.

It is time to react legally against all those who have placed my, privacy, intimacy, freedom of expression, opinion and subsistence conditions.  
They tried to assassinate me civilly, but, thanks to the support and solidarity of all of you, have failed.
Thank you very much,

Lisbon July 21, 2014 Gonçalo Amaral refer to the judgment of the Court of appeal of Lisbon:
http://pjga.blogspot.com/2014/07/acordao-do-tribunal-da-relacao-de.html http://www.scribd.com/doc/234659315/Acordao-do-Tribunal-da-Relacao-de-Lisboa (Translated by Bing)
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Empty Re: Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14

Post by margaret 21.07.14 18:10

Re-reading it l think he's expecting more delays from the McCanns on Sept 1st, but in the meantime he intends to start legal proceedings against newspapers and people who have libelled him??
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14 Empty Re: Posted by Snr.Amaral on Facebook 21/7/14

Post by tigger 21.07.14 18:15

I don't draw that conclusion. It seems a more general condemnation and of course, delay now benefits the McCanns.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.07.14 18:29

If Portuguese courts are anything like Greek courts this case will last forever.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.07.14 18:30

I have had the Decision about the Injunction from the Appelate Court of Lisbon send from Projecto Justica Goncalo Amaral.

Translated by astro and from Joanne Morais. It is long, but I am sure it will be on Joanne Morais' site shortly in full.
I am not sure why this Decision has come out now, and I don't want to give my understanding of it because I might have it all wrong.

Please Tony or Peter can you explain what it means? Some very interesting observations in it, and I - as I'm sure all here - am desperate to understand it clearly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.07.14 18:42

daffodil wrote:I have had the Decision about the Injunction from the Appelate Court of Lisbon send from Projecto Justica Goncalo Amaral.

Translated by astro and from Joanne Morais.   It is long, but I am sure it will be on Joanne Morais' site shortly in full.
I am not sure why this Decision has come out now, and I don't want to give my understanding of it because I might have it all wrong.

Please Tony or Peter can you explain what it means?    Some very interesting observations in it, and I - as I'm sure all here - am desperate to understand it clearly.

Dr Amaral is referring to the decision of the Appellate Court to lift the injunction on his book 'The Truth of the Lie' which was upbeld by the Supreme Court of Portugal and which you can read here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id344.html daffodil,
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonmi-451 21.07.14 18:43

Achieving justice for Madeleine has been effectively hampered for years by the actions of whoever was/is assisting those responsible for her death. Achieving justice for Madeleine has been undermined since 2007 through 'behind the scenes' interference, running parallel with publicly vilifying Dr Amaral and the Portuguese investigation. The silencing of facts and the repression of the countless inconsistencies and pieces of circumstantial evidence have enabled those responsible for MBM's demise to go unchallenged. Therefore, if Dr Amaral does happen to stoop to TM's level and legally challenge what's been said about him in the UK MSM, and if he starts winning cases, (as he should... unlike TM who grind and grind away until out of court settlements are their victim's only survival option) I wonder how that will effect the balance of the MSM's reporting here in the UK?

Sonmi-451
Sonmi-451

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 21.07.14 18:45

margaret wrote:Re-reading it l think he's expecting more delays from the McCanns on Sept 1st, but in the meantime he intends to start legal proceedings against newspapers and people who have libelled him??

I agree, and I think he should. He more than deserves to be compensated for what he's had to suffer.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.07.14 18:47

tigger wrote:I don't draw that conclusion. It seems a more general condemnation and of course, delay now benefits the McCanns.

I agree tigger and, as always, Dr Amaral displays far more consideration for the McCanns than they've ever shown for him.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.07.14 18:49

" Nor, lead me to ponder, as I am, take a case against the couple Mccan and others, "

That would be worth seeing.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 21.07.14 19:04

The way I read Mr Amral's post was that the Mccann's claim of depression and anxiety would naturally exist in parents who have lost a child  - therefore, the Mccann's claim seems to be that they have NOT considered they would have naturally been suffering these conditions following the loss of their daughter ( By whatever means)  regardless of whether Mr Amaral wrote the book or not.  

So it seems to me that the Mr Amaral is saying that their " social isolation " claim can be challenged quite confidently  - he gives very good instances, and  secondly,their claim that he caused them depression, anxiety etc,  could be attributed to the fact that they would have already naturally been suffering these conditions ( Because they had lost their daughter )  rather than trying to put the blame for their already " natural" existing sufferings on Mr Amaral  because he had written a book about the case ?

Imo, when the judge asked Gerry Mccann about those other books that were written about this case, his answer could well have convinced the judge that they were being personal, vindictive and revengeful towards Mr Amaral because there were other books written,  but the Mccann's had not even bothered to familiarise themselves with the content of those other books.... imo,  Gerry Mccann was so intent on getting his voice heard that he was oblivious to how his answer may have sounded to the judge  ..... that they were ignoring all the other books - they were only going after Mr Amaral in revenge for his beliefs on the case and for writing The Truth Of The Lie.

All my opinion only.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.07.14 19:08

"The time to judicially react to all those who have put my privacy, my intimacy, my freedom of expression and opinion, and my survival conditions at stake is approaching.

They have tried to assassinate me civilly, but due to the support and solidarity of all of you, they were not successful."

http://pjga.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-message-from-goncalo-amaral_21.html

clapping 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.07.14 19:08

ultimaThule wrote:

Dr Amaral is referring to the decision of the Appellate Court to lift the injunction on his book 'The Truth of the Lie' which was upbeld by the Supreme Court of Portugal and which you can read here http://www.mccannfiles.com/id344.html daffodil,

Thank you uT.  roses  As usual I totally misunderstood it, misled by it being dated today..

Any views on why it is being sent out by email at this moment? What would be the relevance do you think?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 21.07.14 19:11

Let us be clear. What is at issue is as follows:
-If the writing of my book "Maddie: the truth of the lie" was a lawful or unlawful act;
-If the authors have suffered damage and if there are facts that prove;
-Whether it is possible to establish a causal link between the book and the possibility of such damages.
This is what is at stake

- If the book was unlawful the it would not have been released.
- Still yet to see evidence of the damage this has caused the McCanns other than they can't silence everyone. Gurning to the press isn't worth 1million euros
- They never demonstrated that publishing the book impeded a search they have still yet to define. It didn't stop their PIs or Operation Grange. And Grange is using evidence from the released case files.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.07.14 19:19

PeterMac wrote:" Nor, lead me to ponder, as I am, take a case against the couple Mccan and others, "

That would be worth seeing.

Imo it's entirely right and proper for Dr Amaral to be giving thought to instituting a claim against 'the McCanns and others', but he's best advised to sue any UK newspaper which misreports the outcome of the current proceedings in such a way as defames him and let the McCanns watch while public apologies are printed on front pages and large sums are paid to him before he lodges the mother of all libel suits against them in the Royal Courts of Justice.

However, it's my belief that karma will have overtaken them before he'll have opportunity to seek redress for the protracted ordeal they've put him through.  .
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 21.07.14 19:22

I think we should get a badge printed - stating a simple message ' Friend of Goncalo Amaral' - a sort of blue (or whatever colour) ribbon badge with those words across it.

He addressed us all as his 'friends' -this maybe a simple and effective way of building widespread support If we sold the badge we could donate to him the proceeds.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 21.07.14 19:37

Sonmi-451 wrote:Achieving justice for Madeleine has been effectively hampered for years by the actions of whoever was/is assisting those responsible for her death. Achieving justice for Madeleine has been undermined since 2007 through 'behind the scenes' interference, running parallel with publicly vilifying Dr Amaral and the Portuguese investigation. The silencing of facts and the repression of the countless inconsistencies and pieces of circumstantial evidence have enabled those responsible for MBM's demise to go unchallenged.  Therefore, if Dr Amaral does happen to stoop to TM's level and legally challenge what's been said about him in the UK MSM, and if he starts winning cases, (as he should... unlike TM who grind and grind away until out of court settlements are their victim's only survival option) I wonder how that will effect the balance of the MSM's reporting here in the UK?  

I do so hope Mr Amaral  chooses to go down the legal route of  compensation....imo, he deserves it.  

I hope it gets reported in all the UK papers,  Imo, the media has been restricted to one side reporting for so long now that  I bet the editors would jump at the chance to report Mr Amaral's claims for compensation. It may mean some will have to pay out to Mr Amaral, but, at the same time, a lot of money would be recuperated because imo, the sales of papers would go through the roof if Mr Amaral was to grace the front pages about this case for a change  !!    
Also, the Mccann's will have their noses put out of joint if the public get to read all the stuff, ie, released files, discrepancies in statements, that they have managed to keep out of the papers to date. All my opinion only.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.07.14 19:53

Unfortunately, due to delaying tactics on the part of clearly maneuvers authors, which forced, once again, to the postponement of the hearing, I fear that the process will drag-as they clearly intend to-, and not have sentence closely, as I would like and that yearning. Plus when I started the judicial holidays and, as Mr. Ex.ma the Judge well explained, with the entry into force of the new map in court on September 1, the procedural delays will worsen considerably.

This judiciary new mapping on Sept 1 is playing into ID hands.
She must have known about it priorly hence the delay tactics hoping that the new mapping may result in a change of judge.  It means ID has no confident in winning the case under this Judge and hoping any change in the current momentum might turn the table for them.

It would appear Amaral is apprehensive about the delay, and that's natural after coming this far and near to the end when this delay caused by mccanns side is dragging it out unnecessary.

But his new lawyer seems very impressive when he nails it that the mccanns were not socially destructed.

Amaral made a valid point  that his book cannot cause them any more depression or in any worst manner than the prolonged depression over a lost child; otherwise that would seem odd to day a literature can cause them depression above and over that of losing a child.

To take the mccanns and UK papers to court, he would have to file the charges in UK, and IMO he would struggle to find a lawyer in UK willing to represent him, not when the news are still pro mccanns.  
When the tide changed and the mccanns prosecuted, maybe his chance of suing the newspapers would be considerably better.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 21.07.14 21:00

HelenMeg wrote:I think we should get a badge printed - stating a simple message ' Friend of Goncalo Amaral'  - a sort of blue (or whatever colour) ribbon badge with those words across it.

He addressed us all as his 'friends'  -this maybe a simple and effective way of building widespread support  If we sold the badge we could donate to him the proceeds.  
I like that idea, HelenMeg friends

God bless you, Dr Amaral roses

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.07.14 21:13

And good quality t-shirts with the slogan "I'm proud to be a friend of Goncalo Amaral" and wristbands overprinted with "Forca Goncalo"?  big grin 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 21.07.14 21:14

What a great idea HelenMeg,i would buy some and distribute them out...aiyoyo i am sure if Dr Amaral had the money even Carter ruck would work with him,i doubt they have any loyalties to anyone not even Mr and Mrs  big grin
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 21.07.14 21:24

ultimaThule wrote:And good quality t-shirts with the slogan "I'm proud to be a friend of Goncalo Amaral" and wristbands overprinted with "Forca Goncalo"?    big grin 
laughat

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 21.07.14 21:31

aiyoyo wrote:
To take the mccanns and UK papers to court, he would have to file the charges in UK, and IMO he would struggle to find a lawyer in UK willing to represent him, not when the news are still pro mccanns.  
When the tide changed and the mccanns prosecuted, maybe his chance of suing the newspapers would be considerably better.

---------------------------------
I don't believe Dr Amaral would have any problem whatsoever in finding any number of lawyers willing to take on his case over here. Lawyers will work for anyone who has the money to pay them, that's their job and they don't care whether it's Pinochet or Abu Hamza.
As long as he can pay any law firm would welcome him with open arms, I'm sure. They aren't concerned about what the newspapers will print either, maybe they could get an injunction stopping them printing anything. big grin Who knows.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.07.14 22:01

aiyoyo wrote:

This judiciary new mapping on Sept 1 is playing into ID hands.
She must have known about it priorly hence the delay tactics hoping that the new mapping may result in a change of judge.  It means ID has no confident in winning the case under this Judge and hoping any change in the current momentum might turn the table for them.

It would appear Amaral is apprehensive about the delay, and that's natural after coming this far and near to the end when this delay caused by mccanns side is dragging it out unnecessary.

But his new lawyer seems very impressive when he nails it that the mccanns were not socially destructed.

Amaral made a valid point  that his book cannot cause them any more depression or in any worst manner than the prolonged depression over a lost child; otherwise that would seem odd to day a literature can cause them depression above and over that of losing a child.

As I understand it, the new system will result in the closure of courts in the interior of Portugal which will inevitably put more pressure on courts such as those in Lisbon http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13930425000238  I would have thought it unlikely there will be a change of judge at this late stage in the proceedings, aiyoyo, but it may mean that the case becomes more protracted due to the increased demand for courtroom time in which to hear new cases or those ongoing cases which will have been referred to Lisbon. .

The UK's major news titles are available online, either free or by subscription, and as they are widely read by expats and other English speakers in Portugal it may not be necessary for any defamation proceedings to be confined to the Royal Courts of Justice but, from the article above, it may be a quicker route to redress. .

However, as Dr Amaral is unlikely to experience any difficulty in finding a firm of highly competent and experienced London solicitors to represent him, it's to be hoped that any UK newspaper which can be shown to have defamed him will see fit to act in a similar manner to that of Mr Desmond who apologised to the Tapas 7 by way of a printed retraction and a very large cheque without them being required to enter a court of law.

With one or more of those under his belt, Dr Amaral will have ample funds to sue his main protagonists if, that is, he deems it worthwhile to do so.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 21.07.14 22:08

This sounds to me as if Mr. Amaral is hugely confident that he's got the legal win all wrapped up, and the McCanns have now left themselves wide open to accusations that they put him through the whole rigmarole out of sheer vindictiveness and spite. They've lost, and now he's going to make them pay.

GO, GO, GONCALO!!!  Mrs
SuspiciousMinds

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top