The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by petunia on 08.07.14 8:16

I see Gerry is wearing his wristband.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Dutchgirl on 08.07.14 8:16

Martin - they want to talk, they need to speak  - talking about the effect of the book and will disuay (sp) people with info to come forward which has hindered search for Madeleine,  GA lawyer was sacked by him the last time round ....blah blah blah (short interview with mug face Gerry)  Martin carries on to say - they have been here 4x trying to make statement but court keeps being adjourned! END!

Dutchgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 08.07.14 8:34

@Dutchgirl wrote:Martin - they want to talk, they need to speak  - talking about the effect of the book and will disuay (sp) people with info to come forward which has hindered search for Madeleine,  GA lawyer was sacked by him the last time round ....blah blah blah (short interview with mug face Gerry)  Martin carries on to say - they have been here 4x trying to make statement but court keeps being adjourned! END!
Boy does he want to speak and to be heard.....will this be another great performance by Gerry (according to Kate) ?

I hope they Judge is allowing GA to speak too....perhaps this is why the Mcs are fuming, they cannot contact his lawyer to see if he is also  making a speech !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 08.07.14 8:45

I have a feeling the occasion is going to get to gerry and he simply Will not be able to stifle his cynical telling smirk .

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 8:48

So the McC's get to have their say? Shame it won't be the truth.

Only the actions of GM and KH have put them where they are today, not what GA did in reply (namely the book). Yes, whatever happened in apt. 5a pitted him against this pair of narcissists who have got more front than Brighton. He has paid dearly already.

Lies, lies, more lies and spin versus a good, honest man who only tried to do his job correctly.  GA needs and deserves justice today  pray2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 08.07.14 8:53

@jeanmonroe

Wish you were waiting outside the courthouse today to ask them a few 'pertinent' questions  winkwink

ETA great post!

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 8:53

Gerry says to Brunt that they want justice for S, A and M.  I note he has omitted to mention, this time, himself and his wife.  So this court action - it's all about the children, then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 08.07.14 8:54

Ladyinred wrote:Gerry says to Brunt that they want justice for S, A and M.  I note he has omitted to mention, this time, himself and his wife.  So this court action - it's all about the children, then?

Using the twins again, it disgusts me.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 9:02

Ladyinred wrote:Gerry says to Brunt that they want justice for S, A and M.  I note he has omitted to mention, this time, himself and his wife.  So this court action - it's all about the children, then?

"Yes Brunty, we're just here doing it for the kids",

.......oh that reminds me, "Kate, did you leave the front door on the latch and take the penny jar down from the high shelf? Aye? Oh great, Sean and Amelie will be fine for a few days then, they can get to the corner shop for supplies".

Back to top Go down

Post by SchrodingersBody on 08.07.14 9:03

Rose Quartz wrote:So the McC's get to have their say? Shame it won't be the truth.

Only the actions of GM and KH have put them where they are today, not what GA did in reply (namely the book). Yes, whatever happened in apt. 5a pitted him against this pair of narcissists who have got more front than Brighton. He has paid dearly already.

Lies, lies, more lies and spin versus a good, honest man who only tried to do his job correctly.  GA needs and deserves justice today  pray2
Correct.

SchrodingersBody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.14 9:05

Oh well that's the 250grand each not needed to be handed out if they win, which I still believe they wont.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.14 9:08

@Dutchgirl wrote:Martin - they want to talk, they need to speak  - talking about the effect of the book and will disuay (sp) people with info to come forward which has hindered search for Madeleine,  GA lawyer was sacked by him the last time round ....blah blah blah (short interview with mug face Gerry)  Martin carries on to say - they have been here 4x trying to make statement but court keeps being adjourned! END!
 They want to talk and they need to speak.   

Had it been one of my children missing I would have spoken at the beginning of the trial from the witness box.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi on 08.07.14 9:15

I thought Gerry didn't look very confident in the Sky clip. Not exactly nervous, but not too assured.

Ochosi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 9:17

@plebgate wrote:
 They want to talk and they need to speak.   

My message to Gerry McCann.

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 08.07.14 9:19

+1 Clay!  Brilliant!

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.14 9:20

[quote="Ochosi"]I thought Gerry didn't look very confident in the Sky clip. Not exactly nervous, but not too assured.[/quote

When asked whether he would go back again he - PULLED HIS NOSE

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.14 9:23

Brunty repeating, ever fifteen minutes, the central allegation.
Doesn't that hamper the search ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frost on 08.07.14 9:24

@Tangled Web wrote:

Using the twins again, it disgusts me.

Everytime Gerry opens his mouth I just want to vomit !

methinks they have been reminded not to mention themselves though its a bit late in the day for that and certainly too late to try pulling on folks heartstrings to make out this is all about the kids . 

They seem to have such selective memories had THEY not been so damn selfish in the first place none of this would have happened. 

I really hope they loose today it is about time they had a good kick up the backside and be brought back down to reality instead of kate and gerry land where everyone else is guilty of something and they are as pure as the driven white snow . 

If they had looked after their children like any other 'normal' holidaying family instead of farming them out here there and everywhere they would still have 3 beautiful children today . Yet they still insist they have done nothing wrong . 

beggars belief that today is even happening .

frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 08.07.14 9:31

Great advert for the 'Truth of the Lie' in the Sky News report  big grin 

Up until very recently, there appeared to be a media blackout regarding the libel trial and nobody would even dare mention Amaral's book. Wonder what's changed  thinking 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi on 08.07.14 9:39

Yes PeterMac - I noticed the nose pulling, I think I smirked at that!  smilie

Ochosi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 08.07.14 9:47

Rose Quartz wrote:So the McC's get to have their say? Shame it won't be the truth.

We all need and deserve JUSTICE to be done today especially GA poor man, the Mcs have had so much help and I'm afraid if GA does not win today then they are still getting help. I cannot see where he can loose, we all have followed the trial and the Mcs had NOTHING, not even good character witnesses !!!

IMO he cannot loose this !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 9:54

@Tangled Web wrote:Great advert for the 'Truth of the Lie' in the Sky News report  big grin 

Up until very recently, there appeared to be a media blackout regarding the libel trial and nobody would even dare mention Amaral's book. Wonder what's changed  thinking 

I asked a moderator on another well read forum about that. Once over, any attempt to discuss the case there would see the thread slammed shut almost immediately. Now it's fair game. His reply was enigmatic but basically implied that it had become a bit like playing Manchester United under David Moyes -the "fear factor" has evaporated.

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 on 08.07.14 10:33

@Dutchgirl wrote:Gerry stated he hopes THIS time he can be heard
Who brought the case again? He and his wife did. GA didn't. The judge didn't.

I hope they get a huge costs order against them.

Personally if I were in court against GMcC, I would love him to speak in court as much as possible.

A main issue in a libel case is reputation. Reputation connects with character. Why has this litigant been misrepresenting his case to the media? It's not about Madeleine. That claim got chucked out because he and his wife didn't have authorisation from the English High Court. And it's not about their twins either. They could have brought a case on behalf of the twins if they'd wanted to, but they didn't. It's about whether GA has unjustifiably damaged the McC parents' reputations to the extent of their deserving to be paid a large amount of money in damages.

I would say that the fact that GMcC has been misrepresenting his case to the media - indeed he has told outright lies about it too - says a lot that's relevant about his character. If it was being tried by jury he'd have got in big trouble. The assumption is that such shenanigans won't influence the judge, but nonetheless they say a lot about his character and what reputation he deserves to have.

Go get 'em, Goncalo!

haroldd2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.07.14 10:40

@haroldd2

Let's hope someone in the UK media reports how much the McCann parents are claiming for themselves AND that Madeleine is a Ward of Court.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 on 08.07.14 10:40

@tasprin wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:Abit like the tapas strangeness with no phones or watches. Takes all sorts

Yes, Noddy smilie Bizarre behaviour;

[Clarence] Mitchell said he was not surprised by the inconsistencies in the initial accounts. 'You had nine people in a bar without watches on, without mobile phoneshttp://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/06/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime
No mobile phones, no watches? What, not even a Breitling with a satellite tracker?

That reinforces my suspicion that Mark 'no profits for 16 years' Warner has long been used for hosting very sensitive meetings abroad.

About Phil Edmonds, by the way. Billionaire bracket, right? Travelling with his children. Skedaddled from PDL a day earlier than planned. What were the terms of his kidnap & ransom insurance?  

haroldd2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum