The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by haroldd2 on 07.07.14 22:11

@SchrodingersBody wrote:I might be speaking out of total ignorance of the Legal system in general, and especially the Portugese system here, my experience of it is limited at best.

Why does a prosecution Lawyer need to contact a defence lawyer at all, never mind after all the evidence is presented? What possible legitimate reason is there. I thought that broadly speaking the prosecution had to lay their case out (or at very least give the evidence/witnesses they intend to use, to the court), and the defence lawyer was able to be as sneaky as they liked, aren't "clever tricks" the very domain of the defence lawyer, or at the very least he's perfectly allowed to keep his strategy hidden. Or is that just criminal cases, or am I educated by TV drama and clueless ?
In civil cases both sides usually have to disclose quite a lot. Which isn't to say it's unheard of in a civil case for either the claimant or the defendant to pull a last minute rabbit out of the hat.

The British media repeat the line about no phone or email without saying that the reason why the McCs might not like this is, as you suggest, because they might want to get a message to the GA side quickly.

And, as you say, what might that be?

Reasons they might wish to get a message across quickly include

* making GA a last-minute offer

(e.g. offering to drop the case if he makes such-and-such a statement allowing them some kind of chance to save face in the minds of their probably ever-diminishing market)

* responding to an offer he might have made

(I doubt it's that, because if you make an offer it's reasonable to want to allow the other side to be able to call you to discuss it, but...what if they want to pull a last-minute stunt of some kind? we all know they are utter hypocrites [1]), or

* trying to negotiate over some aspect of the case or other

(e.g. perhaps they might suggest making a joint application about something, but I can't think what this might be at such a late stage)


(1) They are obviously supported by extremely powerful interests, but they are allowed so much leeway to put their feet in their mouths and come across as disgusting that it's almost unreal. Why aren't they told 'We'll support you, but you've got to do exactly what we tell you'?

haroldd2

Posts : 122
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Brian Griffin on 07.07.14 22:20

Just a few hours to go now...

I'll laugh my cock off if GA pulls another switcheroo!

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by SchrodingersBody on 07.07.14 22:21

I'm hoping either the same bloke comes back as last week, or somebody that previously represented the McCanns (if such a person exists).

SchrodingersBody

Posts : 110
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by HelenMeg on 07.07.14 22:24

@Brian Griffin wrote:Just a few hours to go now...

I'll laugh my cock off if GA pulls another switcheroo!
In that case I'll be thinking of you if he does..

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Brian Griffin on 07.07.14 22:29

@haroldd2 wrote:

Reasons they might wish to get a message across quickly include

* making GA a last-minute offer

(e.g. offering to drop the case if he makes such-and-such a statement allowing them some kind of chance to save face in the minds of their probably ever-diminishing market)

* responding to an offer he might have made

(I doubt it's that, because if you make an offer it's reasonable to want to allow the other side to be able to call you to discuss it, but...what if they want to pull a last-minute stunt of some kind? we all know they are utter hypocrites [1]), or

* trying to negotiate over some aspect of the case or other

(e.g. perhaps they might suggest making a joint application about something, but I can't think what this might be at such a late stage)

Doubt any of these. GA has been vilified and attacked by the McCanns for years, and Kate wishes him harm. He has weathered the storm for what he believes and I doubt he'd cave now, not after all he has been subjected to. He won't be bought. He won't make them an offer (other than a confession) I would presume, and the only negotiation seems to be in favour of the McCanns. I think he's going all the way - 'publish and be damned', kind of thing. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't play his own game. Now we just have to wait.

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by kevmack on 07.07.14 22:43

@SchrodingersBody wrote:
@Swannie wrote:
@canada12 wrote:A source close to Madeleine's parents said: "Kate and Gerry have been told Mr Amaral has appointed a new lawyer but he doesn't use email or phone. How he can operate like this in the modern era is beyond belief."

"Just like being in your back garden" - without your mobile or laptop......

Most likely he sticks to the 'fax' - or he's got some damn good pigeons!

It's not pigeons, It's an Owl ...you need to read the books, I got them all....

Gerry MCann and the condescending tone
Gerry McCann and the Church of Secrets
Gerry McCann and the Prisoner of our zip bag (blue)
Kate McCann and the Gob full of Ire (effing tossers!)
Gerry McCann and the boot of the Scenic
Gerry McCann and the half matched blood
Kate McCann and the Deathly Smells
 clapping  big grin   That was epic lol

kevmack

Posts : 238
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Seek truth on 07.07.14 22:46

A source close to Madeleine's parents said: "Kate and Gerry have been told Mr Amaral has appointed a new lawyer but he doesn't use email or phone. How he can operate like this in the modern era is beyond belief.


Is this source saying he has a new lawyer but as there's no contact details he really doesn't exist!?

That's how I read it. It is all in the same sentence.

Seek truth

Posts : 447
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Justformaddie on 07.07.14 22:52

@HelenMeg wrote:
@Brian Griffin wrote:Just a few hours to go now...

I'll laugh my cock off if GA pulls another switcheroo!
In that case I'll be thinking of you if he does..
Ahem  big grin

____________________
Parents=protection high5 

Justformaddie

Posts : 540
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-13
Location : On my iPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Brian Griffin on 07.07.14 23:22

According to Yahoo, PDL are getting fed up again and showing it in their own way:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/madeleine-mccann-search-hit-furious-graffiti-praia-da-113740285.html#nEt5Mov

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by roy rovers on 08.07.14 0:01

GA is up to something. Sacking the last lawyer (who apparently didn't look too concerned about it) and the new lawyer cannot be contacted by the MCs. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode. clapping

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 0:09

@Brian Griffin wrote:Just a few hours to go now...

I'll laugh my cock off if GA pulls another switcheroo!
----------------------------------------------

"I'll laugh my cock off if GA pulls (off) another switcheroo!"

I thought it was illegal to 'molest' Australian wildlife!


jeanmonroe

Posts : 5128
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by waiting for justice on 08.07.14 0:26

@haroldd2 wrote:
@SchrodingersBody wrote:I might be speaking out of total ignorance of the Legal system in general, and especially the Portugese system here, my experience of it is limited at best.

Why does a prosecution Lawyer need to contact a defence lawyer at all, never mind after all the evidence is presented? What possible legitimate reason is there. I thought that broadly speaking the prosecution had to lay their case out (or at very least give the evidence/witnesses they intend to use, to the court), and the defence lawyer was able to be as sneaky as they liked, aren't "clever tricks" the very domain of the defence lawyer, or at the very least he's perfectly allowed to keep his strategy hidden. Or is that just criminal cases, or am I educated by TV drama and clueless ?
In civil cases both sides usually have to disclose quite a lot. Which isn't to say it's unheard of in a civil case for either the claimant or the defendant to pull a last minute rabbit out of the hat.

The British media repeat the line about no phone or email without saying that the reason why the McCs might not like this is, as you suggest, because they might want to get a message to the GA side quickly.

And, as you say, what might that be?

Reasons they might wish to get a message across quickly include

* making GA a last-minute offer

(e.g. offering to drop the case if he makes such-and-such a statement allowing them some kind of chance to save face in the minds of their probably ever-diminishing market)

* responding to an offer he might have made

(I doubt it's that, because if you make an offer it's reasonable to want to allow the other side to be able to call you to discuss it, but...what if they want to pull a last-minute stunt of some kind? we all know they are utter hypocrites [1]), or

* trying to negotiate over some aspect of the case or other

(e.g. perhaps they might suggest making a joint application about something, but I can't think what this might be at such a late stage)


(1) They are obviously supported by extremely powerful interests, but they are allowed so much leeway to put their feet in their mouths and come across as disgusting that it's almost unreal. Why aren't they told 'We'll support you, but you've got to do exactly what we tell you'?

Am thinking along the same lines, although not exactly sure how it works. 

I'm thinking they're trying to send a message to him to pay a lesser settlement so they don't actually 
have to attend or set foot over there. If I had Anything, absolutely anything to hide I'd be feeling very unnerved  
after all the recent activity that's for sure. 

I have everything crossed for GA.

waiting for justice

Posts : 107
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by suzyjohnson on 08.07.14 0:46

I'm wondering if the problem, from the McCann perspective, is that they haven't got a clue who this new lawyer is?

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 1:12

BEFORE we get the 'saintly' view on Human Rights of the child, Madeleine, outside the Lisbon Court later today:

LET'S TALK ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS OF THE CHILD, KATE.

“Madeleine deserves that right to be found," said Mrs McCann. "We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop that human right to be looked for and found".    16th June 2014, Lisbon.
==================================================================

A summary of the rights under the Convention on the Rights of the Child

Article 3 (Best interests of the child): The best interests of children must be the primary concern in making decisions that may affect them. All adults should do what is best for children. When adults make decisions, they should think about how their decisions will affect children.

 The best interests of children must be the primary concern in making decisions that may affect them. All adults should do what is best for children. When adults make decisions, they should think about how their DECISIONS will affect children.

Article 17 (Access to information; mass media): Children have the right to get information that is important to their health and well-being. Governments should encourage mass media – radio, television, newspapers and Internet content sources – to provide information that children can understand

You can't bar the twins from the internet content forever, and they WILL find out that you left THEM alone with Madeleine and they were placed in considerable danger, luckily not FATAL, unlike Madeleine, by YOUR diliberate, conscious decision. to leave all three of your kids in an unlocked apartment whilst you went totally out of sight for at least 35 minutes.

Article 19 (Protection from all forms of violence): Children have the right to be protected from being hurt and mistreated, physically or mentally. Governments should ensure that children are properly cared for and protect them from violence, abuse and neglect by their parents,

ensure that children are properly cared for and protect them from violence, abuse and NEGLECT by their parents,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did YOU, Kate McCann, afford the above, or ANY of the above, Human Rights to Madeleine?

I DON'T THINK SO!

“Madeleine deserves that right to be found," said Mrs McCann

Yes she does!

Unfortunately it won't be by YOU, doing the 'finding, will it? YOU didn't even bother 'searching' for Madeleine because it was too DARK, and because YOU haven't lifted a manicured finger or hand, to 'find' her, since she 'vanished' over 7 years ago!

Of course EVERYONE else SHOULD 'find' her, BUT you, her mother!

Like YOU said "we were GLAD the investigation ("into what happened to our 'missing' daughter, Madeleine") was CLOSED'

And

"Whether that involves re-opening the case,("about our 'missing' daughter, Madeleine") or NOT, it dosen't matter..."

The ONLY thing YOU are interested in 'finding' is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY from whoever you can SUE!

So, YOU still wanna 'preach' to me about the Human Rights, Madeleine SHOULD have, mommy dearest?

NO? I THOUGHT NOT!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5128
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 1:20

A source close to Madeleine's parents said: "Kate and Gerry have been told Mr Amaral has appointed a new lawyer but he doesn't use email or phone. How he can operate like this in the modern era is beyond belief".

I wouldn't give Pinky or the Mc's my e-mail address or telephone number either, doesn't mean I don't have one   winkwink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Dido on 08.07.14 1:20

Brilliant post Jean Munroe high5

Dido

Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by tiny on 08.07.14 5:41

@ Jeanmonroe. clapping well said.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Dutchgirl on 08.07.14 6:21

JUST ON:  Sky news - Kate and Gerry have arrived - Martin Brunt met them at the airport.  He spoke to Gerry,  Gerry stated he hopes THIS time he can be heard and stated they they are looking for juctice for Madeleine, Amelie and Sean.

Dutchgirl

Posts : 117
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Praiaaa on 08.07.14 7:22

@HelenMeg wrote:
@Brian Griffin wrote:Just a few hours to go now...

I'll laugh my cock off if GA pulls another switcheroo!
In that case I'll be thinking of you if he does..

Several pages back but this has made my day!

Praiaaa

Posts : 419
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Dutchgirl on 08.07.14 8:01

Joana Morais ‏@xklamation

Every lawyer's email & office contact can be found at the Lawyer's Order site, so.. why lie? Why the spin? #McCann http://www.oa.pt/Servicos/PesqAdvogados/pesquisa_adv.aspx?idc=31897&comarca=Lisboa&ordenacao=0

http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-return-to-portugal-for-libel-trial

Dutchgirl

Posts : 117
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Baldrick on 08.07.14 8:09

@Dutchgirl wrote:Joana Morais ‏@xklamation

Every lawyer's email & office contact can be found at the Lawyer's Order site, so.. why lie? Why the spin? #McCann http://www.oa.pt/Servicos/PesqAdvogados/pesquisa_adv.aspx?idc=31897&comarca=Lisboa&ordenacao=0

http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-return-to-portugal-for-libel-trial

Well once you start to lie, the lie gets bigger and bigger

Baldrick

Posts : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Claire25 on 08.07.14 8:14

TM sound annoyed that they can't contact GA so they look to be desperate and him confident.  
Or maybe they're annoyed that he's taking back control and they're loosing their power.
Or is it possible that they can't find out who his new lawyer is and feel threatened?

Claire25

Posts : 110
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2014-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum