The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by AndyB on 08.07.14 10:43

@haroldd2 wrote:I hope they get a huge costs order against them.
Don't forget that the costs for all the book banning trials were awarded against them and haven't been paid yet because they were allowed to "off-set" them against the costs of this trial (and any subsequent appeals)

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial: McCanns fearful of going to Portugal because of 'Amaral's bizarre behaviour'

Post by Cristobell on 08.07.14 10:48

@haroldd2 wrote:
@Dutchgirl wrote:Gerry stated he hopes THIS time he can be heard
Who brought the case again? He and his wife did. GA didn't. The judge didn't.

I hope they get a huge costs order against them.

Personally if I were in court against GMcC, I would love him to speak in court as much as possible.

A main issue in a libel case is reputation. Reputation connects with character. Why has this litigant been misrepresenting his case to the media? It's not about Madeleine. That claim got chucked out because he and his wife didn't have authorisation from the English High Court. And it's not about their twins either. They could have brought a case on behalf of the twins if they'd wanted to, but they didn't. It's about whether GA has unjustifiably damaged the McC parents' reputations to the extent of their deserving to be paid a large amount of money in damages.

I would say that the fact that GMcC has been misrepresenting his case to the media - indeed he has told outright lies about it too - says a lot that's relevant about his character. If it was being tried by jury he'd have got in big trouble. The assumption is that such shenanigans won't influence the judge, but nonetheless they say a lot about his character and what reputation he deserves to have.

Go get 'em, Goncalo!
Lets hope it does rest on character - even today the gutless Gerry is hiding behind his children, pretending the case is being brought on their behalf.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.07.14 10:50

@AndyB wrote:
@haroldd2 wrote:I hope they get a huge costs order against them.
Don't forget that the costs for all the book banning trials were awarded against them and haven't been paid yet because they were allowed to "off-set" them against the costs of this trial (and any subsequent appeals)
No wonder they are so desperate Andy, combined costs of those all trials will wipe them out.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 08.07.14 10:51

Jozi said : We all need and deserve JUSTICE to be done today especially GA poor man, the Mcs have had so much help and I'm afraid if GA does not win today then they are still getting help. I cannot see where he can lose, we all have followed the trial and the Mcs had NOTHING, not even good character witnesses !!! IMO he cannot lose this !!!

----------

Agree with you jozi

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Latest News Daily Mail (with photo)

Post by canada12 on 08.07.14 10:51

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684287/Kate-Gerry-McCann-return-Portugal-deliver-personal-statements-libel-trial-against-former-police-chief.html

Sorry, put this on the wrong thread. It's over on the other news thread now
LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.07.14 10:53

"Kate and Gerry McCann return to Portugal to deliver personal statements at libel trial against former police chief

They were prevented from giving statements last month after trial adjourned
Goncalo Amaral is accused of making false allegations about the couple
His book suggested they hid their daughter's body after an accident "

I like how the DM repeats the allegations in it's headline too.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.14 10:58

Had to laugh at that rather blurred pic.   Looked to me like she was undwinding a loo roll.     big grin  big grin 

Yep DM repeating the allegations.   Clay R. posted on a different thread that maybe the fear factor has gone.   Could very well have a point there.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.07.14 11:13

@plebgate wrote:Had to laugh at that rather blurred pic.   Looked to me like she was undwinding a loo roll.     big grin  big grin 

Yep DM repeating the allegations.   Clay R. posted on a different thread that maybe the fear factor has gone.   Could very well have a point there.

I thought she had been winding wool on the plane or something  smilie 

If they lose this trial maybe the fear factor will go completely.   I did read on the Independent (I think) that the verdict wouldn't be until later this year though...so a long time to wait.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:34

I am going to lock this thread as we have two running now on the libel trial, so best to keep things in one place.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum