The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tory MP WARNED Simon Danczuk to back-off Westminster child abuse scandal

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tory MP WARNED Simon Danczuk to back-off Westminster child abuse scandal

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 7:46

@mouse wrote:Really don't hold out much hope for this review - or what ever it is supposed to be. 

Firstly I don't like the  NSPCC as an organisation, and leading the Review will be a Mr Peter (I believe) Wanless (a name easy to change) recently appointed to the position of CEO of NSPCC. Who it's just been reported on SKY by Adam Bolton is a former Civil Servant......Right! In house then! Not so independent. And this guys not very old, so it's not like he retired from the Civil Service from old age. Also, it begs the question what happened (if this is true) to the previous CEO - Got out quick, or they needed this guy in. place? Have seem the Wanless guy appearing the last couple of days as the CEO of NSPCC - talking about this subject, and actually remarked to someone watching with me that I hadn't seen him associated with NSPCC before. He obviously didn't let on that he has been appointed/or was going to be appointed. 

It all stinks to me......Oh, and apparently the results are not going to be known until after the next General Election - how convenient for all parties. As Dave said 'they're all in this together'.

This one has been well and truly been kicked into the long grass...(imo only of course)

Peter Wanless:

News from Peter Wanless, CEO

Read the latest comments and news from our CEO

Peter Wanless, CEO
Appointed June 2013
Recognitions
• Voted in top 30 charity CEOs
on social media (2013)

• Awarded Companion of
the Order of the Bath (CB) in 2007
for distinguished public service
NSPCC CEO Peter Wanless brings a wealth of experience and passion for children needed to lead the largest and most trusted children's charity in the UK.
Having previously held senior positions at the Department for Education (DfE) and
the Big Lottery Fund, Peter saw the opportunity at the NSPCC as a "fantastic privilege", writing in Third Sector:
"I have always been passionate about giving all children the best possible start in life...During my time at the DfE, I was inspired by the value of learning and horrified by the consequences for those children whose rights were not being met and whose potential was not being realised."

Peter's goal for the NSPCC is greater involvement and engagement with mainstream services and the wider society to maximise the impact of our
intervention programmes and campaigning activity.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 08.07.14 7:52

@tasprin wrote:
Who Has Been Cleaning Up For Sir Leon Brittan?

Search Google:

“Leon Brittan Jason Swift”

Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe.

“Leon Brittan Pie”

In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 2 result(s) from this page.

“Leon Brittan rumours”

In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page.

“Leon Brittan Jimmy Savile”

Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe

“Leon Brittan Cyril Smith”

In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 4 result(s) from this page.

“Leon Brittan scandal”

In response to a legal request submitted to Google, we have removed 2 result(s) from this page.

http://7493021a.wordpress.com/2014/07/02/who-has-been-cleaning-up-for-sir-leon-brittan/

Dear god!!!!

We knew this was going to happen with that  "right to be forgotten nonsense".

What immaculate timing.

I feel sick and angry.

Welcome to 1984.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 08.07.14 8:55

@BlueBag wrote:
Dear god!!!!

We knew this was going to happen with that  "right to be forgotten nonsense".

What immaculate timing.

I feel sick and angry.

Welcome to 1984.
I'm not sure that its all because of the right to be forgotten. I think some of it has been carter-rucked.

For now its only happening to searches from google.co.uk. If you use a proxy server (or TOR) you can use google.com and still get the results. I did some research on it yesterday and I suspect the missing results are rehashes of this original article, which, for some reason, hasn't been deleted (and which, although long, is well worth reading) http://thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/filthy-britains-pervs-in-parliament

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 9:09

@Woofer wrote:Cover-ups were useful to managing politicians/banks/trade - get dirt on someone - they become your puppet

Couldn't agree more Woofer, I hadn't realised how powerful a goverment whip is

Member of Edward Heath's government boasted he could cover up a 'scandal involving small boys'

Tim Fortescue, who was a whip in Edward Heath’s government between 1970 and 1973, made the boast in a 1995 BBC documentary Westminster’s Secret Service.

A member of Edward Heath’s government told about how he could cover up a “scandal involving small boys” involving MPs to ensure their loyalty.
Tim Fortescue, who was a government whip between 1970 and '73, made the boast in a 1995 BBC documentary Westminster’s Secret Service.
Mr Fortescue said: “For anyone with any sense, who was in trouble, would come to the whips and tell them the truth, and say now, I’m in a jam, can you help?
“It might be debt, it might be… a scandal involving small boys, or any kind of scandal in which, erm er, a member seemed likely to be mixed up in, they’d come and ask if we could help and if we could, we did.
“And we would do everything we can because we would store up brownie points… and if I mean, that sounds a pretty, pretty nasty reason, but it’s one of the reasons because if we could get a chap out of trouble then, he will do as we ask forever more.”

Mr Fortescue was an MP from 1966 until he resigned in 1973. He died in 2008. The comments were raised in the House of Common by Labour MP Lisa Nandy.

She told Theresa May, the Home Secretary, said: “In the mid 1990s a senior ex-whip who had served in the 1970s told the BBC that the whip's office routinely helped MPs with scandals including those, in his own words, involving small boys.

“They did it in order to exert control over those individuals and prevent problems for the government. It’s just one powerful example of how personal and political interests can conspire to prevent justice from happening.

“Can we have a full commitment that this inquiry will consider not just police and social services but also what happens at the heart of power.

“If those systems are found to exist today they will be overturned, whether that makes life uncomfortable for political parties, whether it makes life uncomfortable for Parliament or whether it makes life uncomfortable for the Government itself.”

Mrs May replied: “It is not my intention that political parties should be outside the scope of the inquiry.

“It think this has to be wide-ranging, it has to look at every area where it is possible, that people have been guilty of abuse and we need to learn lessons to ensure that the systems that we have in place are able to identify that and deal with it appropriately.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10952138/Member-of-Edward-Heaths-government-boasted-he-could-cover-up-a-scandal-involving-small-boys.html

Michael Cockerall Life in Whips Office May 1995

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-t-iRQOSeQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 9:34

Be interesting to know who is going to be on this `review panel` that Theresa May has ordered.  If Jim Gamble is on it, I will give up on this country.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.14 9:40

I don't usually listen to the news about paedophilia as it does greatly upset me.

Last night on tv the man who is heading the abuse of children campaign was interviewed and he said that he knew of one case of a child aged 6 at the time - now a grown man - who could remember being abused but did not know the name of the abuser.   All he could remember was the incredible pain inflicted on him at the time.    Incredible pain of a six year old has stayed with this man to this day.

Heartbreaking and if the Government don't sort it out for all these poor abused children, then I hope one way or another some will be able to find the means to take private action against the abusers, then the floodgates would open.   Very,very sad.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 11:33

Westminster child abuse exclusive: Geoffrey Dickens also gave copy of file to top prosecutor Sir Thomas Hetherington - so why did DPP also fail to act on evidence of paedophile ring?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/westminster-child-abuse-exclusive-geoffrey-dickens-also-gave-copy-of-file-to-top-prosecutor-sir-thomas-hetherington--so-why-did-dpp-also-fail-to-act-on-evidence-of-paedophile-ring-9588112.html

More on Hetherington who was the Director of Public Prosecutions

http://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/tag/sir-thomas-hetherington/

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 11:53

Mark Sedwill will be interviewed today by committe of MPs and will be shown on Sky at 3.15.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 12:25

I'd give up too Woofer if he got on the panel, another one who shouldn't is the one who could bite an apple through a letter box.

Yes I find it deeply disturbing plepgate, many, many children could have been saved from abuse by these evil pervates decades ago and it goes across all political parties if they hadn't closed ranks preventing anything coming out about their vile practices. Power, money is more important to them than taking a childs innocence

I hope the MSM keep up the pressure for truth and justice for the victims  untill all those who are guilty are named and shamed and brought to book  IMO  the MSM will have all the skeletons I'll bet they have so many they won't be able to shut the cupboard door!

Thanks Woofer, I'll be watching that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 13:42

Did anyone else see Sky News earlier this morning when an MP - think his name was Brown - was quite condemning of Geoffrey Dickens and saying that his dossier would not have stood up in Court anyway.  I can`t find it anywhere now.  It instantly made me think he was trying to cover something up.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 08.07.14 14:01

The trouble is that people who were around when Dickens was around know that he was an eccentric, an odd working class Tory, who was often seen as a bit of a joke. Sky's chief reporter at lunchtime had no qualms in calling him 'a buffoon'. Clearly Dickens was very serious in his concern over child abuse, and tried to collect letters and papers with allegations about its going on in high places.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.07.14 14:13

@comperedna wrote:The trouble is that people who were around when Dickens was around know that he was an eccentric, an odd working class Tory, who was often seen as a bit of a joke. Sky's chief reporter at lunchtime had no qualms in calling him 'a buffoon'. Clearly Dickens was very serious in his concern over child abuse, and tried to collect letters and papers with allegations about its going on in high places.

But let's hope that Former child protection manager Peter McKelvie will now get to the bottom of this filthy saga. It's the first time he's spoken out, after 20 years.

Quote:

Former child protection manager Peter McKelvie says there is now a chance of justice for the victims of child abuse

Mr McKelvie, whose allegations led initially to a 2012 police inquiry, said a "powerful elite" of paedophiles carried out "the worst form" of abuse.

Giving his first television interview for 20 years - Mr McKelvie told the BBC: "I would say we are looking at upwards of 20 (people) and a much larger number of people who have known about it and done nothing about it, who were in a position to do something about it."

Mr McKelvie said some of those who were alleged to have abused children had now died.

He told the BBC he had spoken to victims over "many, many years" and that children - "almost exclusively boys" - were moved around like "lumps of meat".

They had been subjected to the "worst form of abuse", including rape, he said.

Jump media playerMedia player help

Unquote

Here is the link to the full text:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28203914

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 14:17

This jumped out at me from that link :-

"
But Jim Gamble, former head of the police's Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, criticised the decision to bring in "amateurs" to find out what happened to the files, instead of "professional investigators".

Ha ha - I bet he`s miffed that he wasn`t asked.

He can`t control the cover-up   laughat

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.07.14 14:18

@Woofer wrote:This jumped out at me from that link :-

"
But Jim Gamble, former head of the police's Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, criticised the decision to bring in "amateurs" to find out what happened to the files, instead of "professional investigators".

Ha ha - I bet he`s miffed that he wasn`t asked.

He can`t control the cover-up   laughat

Yes, Woofer, Gamble is such a professional, himself, isn't he?  titter 

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 08.07.14 14:20

@comperedna wrote:Sky's chief reporter at lunchtime had no qualms in calling him 'a buffoon'. Clearly Dickens was very serious in his concern over child abuse, and tried to collect letters and papers with allegations about its going on in high places.
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win

So it appears we've moved on to stage two. I'd say that's progress

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 15:06

From Spudgun on Twitter

Mike Spudgun@spudgun01 18 mins
NSPCC Peter Wanless, former private secretary to 3 CABINET Ministers, to run #CSAinquiry into #abuse involving, erm...CABINET ministers!!

I suppose the government would view him as an appropriate person for the job  nah

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 15:11

Lady Butler-Sloss (Nigel Haver`s auntie) is to head the Inquiry.
Had bad feelings about that name - looked it up - of course she was involved in the Diana Inquest - say no more.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 17:05

From the bits I`ve listened to of the Select Committee interviewing Mark Sedwill it seems they were giving him a bit of a pasting. Keith Vaz and Michael Ellis MP had the bit between their teeth over the 114 files, i.e. how did he know there were exactly 114, did he tell the Home Secretary about them, if he knew they were missing what were their titles and serial numbers, whether the files adjacent to them had also been destroyed or lost - he is supposedly going to let the committee know the answers by Friday.  He did however explain how he knew there were 114 and he did say that the Home Secretary had not been told but it appears that could have been because she asked him not to tell her.

He was very protective of the Investigator that he`d hired to do the review and laid a lot of the answers back in his court but would not say his name.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 18:54

ITV news commented that Butler-Sloss is too much of an `insider` - so true - she is establishment through and through.  She is old school as well with probably the same mentality as her aristocratic pals that one does not rock the establishment. 

Its so frustrating that the government themselves are deciding who should head these Inquiries.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.07.14 19:02

@Woofer wrote:ITV news commented that Butler-Sloss is too much of an `insider` - so true - she is establishment through and through.  She is old school as well with probably the same mentality as her aristocratic pals that one does not rock the establishment. 

Its so frustrating that the government themselves are deciding who should head these Inquiries.

My bold

This is exactly what I was thinking, Woofer. And besides, she's in her 80s. Is she the best person for the job? IMO I don't think so.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.07.14 19:39

An 80 year old heading this enquiry?   Whaaatttt?????  Can't believe it.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 08.07.14 21:13

An independent police force ( definitely not the Met) should be heading this all important inquiry. It is a criminal matter after all.

It should not be decided by politicians who investigates this crime, especially when Westminster is central to the allegations.

At the end of this so-called investigation I fully expect a -Dr David Kelly- type outcome whereby any lost records found will have a secrecy law on them.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 21:37

@plebgate wrote:An 80 year old heading this enquiry?   Whaaatttt?????  Can't believe it.

She`s 81 in August plebgate  bigshock

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.07.14 21:39

@Woofer wrote:
@plebgate wrote:An 80 year old heading this enquiry?   Whaaatttt?????  Can't believe it.

She`s 81 in August plebgate  bigshock

And one wonders why this country is in such a mess.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CEO of NSPCC...

Post by missbeetle on 08.07.14 21:47

@Woofer wrote:From Spudgun on Twitter

Mike Spudgun@spudgun01 18 mins
NSPCC Peter Wanless, former private secretary to 3 CABINET Ministers, to run #CSAinquiry into #abuse involving, erm...CABINET ministers!!

I suppose the government would view him as an appropriate person for the job  nah

(clipped from a Guardian article dated July 9th, 2013)

That's a busy checked shirt he's wearing.

This fellow was appointed Companion of the Order of the Bath in the 2007 New Year's Honours.

I wonder if he is any relation to Sir Derek?

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum