The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Nathan O'Brien - Calgary toddler missing with grandparents

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nathan O'Brien - Calgary toddler missing with grandparents

Post by canada12 on 03.07.14 2:04

This is another Amber Alert from Canada. A 5 year old boy was reported missing, along with his grandparents, after a sleepover on Sunday night. The details are below. I watched the parents of the boy hold a press conference just now, attended also by other members of the family. The things that struck me about this case:

1. Other members of the family shed real tears. They had tears falling out of their eyes, and rolling down their cheeks. Their noses were red. Their eyes were puffy from crying. The mother and father of the missing boy went through the motions of crying, IMO, but I watched closely. There were no tears. Not even wet eyes. The father wiped his nose with a tissue several times.

2. The parents produced a little toy butterfly that their son had made, and were holding it throughout the press conference. I was reminded of Cuddlecat. The mother was holding a blue t-shirt. When asked what it was, she said she'd bought it new for her little boy and was going to bring it to him on Monday morning when she was due to pick him up. She explained this, and then added, curiously, "It doesn't have his smell on it or anything."

3. When asked questions, the boy's mother consistently referred to him in the past tense, saying "was" numerous times, though she corrected herself a couple of times and consciously morphed it into "is". She also referred to God looking after his soul, which I thought was a bit curious, even if the family is religious, because a soul is something you generally refer to in an afterlife context. IMO.

4. The mother says she saw the child with his grandparents, on 10pm Sunday night, at the end of an estate sale at the grandparents' house. She says she then left her son there for a sleepover, and was going to come back at 10am on Monday and pick him up.

5. The police say it's out of character for the grandparents and they believe the grandparents did not leave the house willingly. They issued the Amber Alert because they feel all three are in grave danger.

6. Throughout the press conference, the boy's father had his right hand hooked around his wife's neck, and his fingers gripped the skin there tightly, digging in. It just seemed an odd place to put his hand, rather than around her shoulders in a loving way. At the end of the press conference they made a point of kissing one another on the lips. Something else I found a bit odd.

The newspaper story is below. I'm hoping this has a happy ending and that I'm proved wrong - I will happily be proved wrong - but it seems to me that many things are pointing to the mother and father of the child knowing much more than they are telling us. I've become very jaded and sceptical after following the Madeleine McCann story for 7 years. All the above is just my opinion.

Parents of missing five-year-old plea for safe return of son and grandparents

By Erika Stark and Annalise Klingbeil, Calgary Herald July 2, 2014 5:12 PM

Parents of missing five-year-old plea for safe return of son and grandparents

Police are looking for anyone with information about the suspicious disappearance of Alvin Liknes, Kathryn Liknes and their grandson Nathan O'Brien.
Photograph by: Calgary Police , Supplied

CALGARY — Clutching a T-shirt belonging to their missing five-year-old son and a butterfly he made, the parents of Nathan O’Brien spoke directly to their son through media on Wednesday afternoon.

“Nathan, you are our superhero right now and we’re going to bring you home very soon,” said Nathan’s father Rod O’Brien.

“Nathan, God is taking care of your soul and Mom and Dad need you to be brave right now.”

Flanked by tearful family members, Nathan’s mom Jennifer O’Brien said she is finding comfort in the fact her missing son is with his grandparents.

“We can’t be with you right now, but the best people that can be with you other than us is your grandparents and I know Grandma’s holding you so tightly right now and taking care of you and they are doing everything in their power to keep you safe so I need you to … stay strong Nathan,” she said. “Mommy and Daddy love you more than anything in the world.”

Alvin and Kathryn Liknes, and their grandson Nathan, have not been seen since Saturday evening. The Liknes’s son and Nathan’s uncle also spoke at the news conference.

“Mom, Dad, we want you to know that we love you so much,” said Jeff Liknes.

Nearly 48 hours after an Amber Alert was issued, the group’s disappearance remains a mystery. Despite more than 100 tips from coast to coast, there are no suspects and no motive, said Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus.

Still, Andrus said he’s optimistic police will find Nathan and his grandparents.

“Right now, we’re very positive that we’re going to find these individuals and we’re hoping that we’re going to find them alive,” he said.

Police believe the trio left the Liknes’s Parkhill home against their will some time between Sunday night and Monday morning, following an estate sale at the house over the weekend.

Jennifer was at the estate sale on Sunday with Nathan and his baby brother, and she said Nathan reminded his grandparents to say thank you and greet people.

“I guarantee you if Nathan’s out there, he’s talking to everybody,” Jennifer said.

Jennifer O’Brien left the residence with her youngest child around 10 p.m. Sunday, leaving Nathan to have a sleepover with his grandparents.

When she returned Monday at 10 a.m. to pick up Nathan, the trio was gone.

Dozens of strangers had cycled in and out of the home over the weekend during the sale, as the Liknes couple had been preparing for an upcoming and long-planned move to Mexico.

Police immediately contacted the Canadian Border Services Agency to pass on the information they had, Andrus said.

“They’ve shared it with the border crossings, with all the airports and with our partnering agencies in the U.S.,” he said.

Nathan’s missing grandparents are not considered suspects in an abduction, nor are his mother and father.

Police are trying to determine what items were purchased at the Liknes’s estate sale, and what items still remain in the home. They are asking anyone who attended the sale in Parkhill to stop by a “community hall meeting” on Thursday.

Investigators will be at the Parkhill Community Centre, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, to speak to anyone who attended the sale.

Attendees who purchased items are asked to bring a photo of the item to the Parkhill Stanley Park Community Hall at 4013 Stanley Road S.W.

No reward has yet been offered for the missing trio, but the O’Briens said they are discussing a potential reward with investigators.

Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson told media on Wednesday morning that offering a reward could lead to people coming forward with tips that distract police.

“I’m a person who would say that rewards aren’t necessarily the best thing. I think it’s important to allow the police to do their job, let the resources be applied,” he said.

Hanson emphasized that a significant amount of resources are being deployed on the investigation.

“When we do an investigation, what we don’t do is release too much information for obvious reasons,” he said. “Suffice to say, there’s a great deal of resources focused on this investigation and we will continue to put those resources forward to chase down any information, any phone calls, any leads, anything that comes up.”

Alvin Liknes, 66, is described as six feet tall, 200 pounds, with a slim build, grey/blond hair and a distinctive walk. Kathryn Liknes is 53 years old, five foot three, 120 pounds, with red/brown hair and green eyes.

Nathan O’Brien is about three feet tall, with blond, curly hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing peach-coloured shorts and a striped blue hoodie.

All three are Caucasian.

Anyone with information about the case should phone police at 403-266-1234 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

With files from Clara Ho

estark@calgaryherald.com

aklingbeil@calgaryherald.com

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Parents+missing+five+year+plea+safe+return+grandparents/9994832/story.html#ixzz36MXLiEg3

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nathan O'Brien - Calgary toddler missing with grandparents

Post by ultimaThule on 03.07.14 4:47

I share your concern for this little boy and his grandparents and find some of the comments made by the parents distinctly odd.

The child's mother said "I guarantee you if Nathan’s out there, he’s talking to everybody".   "If" he's 'out there'?   Where else would he be if he's not 'out there' with his grandparents?  As for the child 'talking to everybody', that seems eerily reminiscent of another mother who said that whoever her daughter was with, she'd be giving them her 'tuppence worth',.  

I hope your police resolve this case in the very near future, canada, but I have a feeling there won't be a happy outcome.

Eta the grandparents may have raised a considerable amount of cash from their sale and a talkative child can't be relied on to keep quiet about people or something they've seen.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 03.07.14 5:06

Does not sound good.
But who in his right mind would in this day and age move to Mexico? There are still some missionaries who think they have special protection, but I know at least 3 who have been killed too.

Or is there a drug connection?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 03.07.14 6:37

@ultimaThule wrote:I share your concern for this little boy and his grandparents and find some of the comments made by the parents distinctly odd.

The child's mother said "I guarantee you if Nathan’s out there, he’s talking to everybody".   "If" he's 'out there'?   Where else would he be if he's not 'out there' with his grandparents?  As for the child 'talking to everybody', that seems eerily reminiscent of another mother who said that whoever her daughter was with, she'd be giving them her 'tuppence worth',.  

I hope your police resolve this case in the very near future, canada, but I have a feeling there won't be a happy outcome.  

Eta the grandparents may have raised a considerable amount of cash from their sale and a talkative child can't be relied on to keep quiet about people or something they've seen.

Very astute observation UT. Good point.

I'm going to watch this over the next little while and see what happens.
I don't have a good feeling about the case at all.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 03.07.14 6:47

@lj wrote:Does not sound good.
But who in his right mind would in this day and age move to Mexico? There are still some missionaries who think they have special protection, but I know at least 3 who have been killed too.

Not sure. It seems to be very popular with Canadians who buy time-shares there. Also a lot of murders there involving Canadians. I wouldn't move there.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 03.07.14 14:37

@canada12 wrote:
@lj wrote:Does not sound good.

Not sure. It seems to be very popular with Canadians who buy time-shares there. Also a lot of murders there involving Canadians. I wouldn't move there.

For a timeshare you would not sell everything you have. 

Believe me, there is not a part from Mexico that is really safe.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 04.07.14 16:53

Its strange no one has seemed concerned the grandparents might be injured or worse??? No concerns for their safety???? Don't seem right at all

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 04.07.14 17:06

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-case-less-of-a-mystery-say-police-1.2695310
Nathan O'Brien Amber Alert case 'less of a mystery,' say police
Police say between 200 and 300 people came through home of Kathy and Alvin Liknes for estate sale

CBC News Posted: Jul 03, 2014 10:38 AM MT Last Updated: Jul 03, 2014 8:09 PM MT
Calgary police say the disappearance of five-year-old Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents has become "less of a mystery," but investigators still have no motive or suspects they "can name."

The boy and his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, haven't been seen since Sunday night. On Monday morning the boy's mother arrived to pick him up from a sleepover at his grandparents' home, only to find it empty. Police said there are signs the three did not leave the house willingly.

An Amber Alert that was issued at 5:15 p.m. MT Monday remains active.

Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus said police are pleased with the progress of investigation, but can't say much more.

"We've obtained … video and film from both neighbours' homes and businesses in the area. To give you an exact number, I can't, but again we're in the process of reviewing that," said Andrus.

"I would say it's less a mystery to us," he said. "Are we closer than yesterday? I would say we are."

In addition to the CCTV footage from the area, police have expanded their neighbourhood inquiry zone to talk to more people.

"We have no suspects we can name, but we have information that's allowed us to move forward."
Estate sale investigation

Andrus said there has been a tremendous response from the public.

Police have been interviewing people who were at an estate sale the grandparents held over the weekend in preparation for a move to Edmonton. Investigators said between 200 to 300 people may have passed through, and they're looking to eliminate as many sets of fingerprints as possible by talking to people who were at the estate sale.

Investigators have been at a neighbourhood community centre all day Thursday asking people who bought items from the sale to photograph them and bring the photo to police to determine if anything is missing from the residence after the sale ended.

"We're keeping an open mind, looking at all possibilities, hoping we'll find them alive," said Andrus at a press conference Thursday.

They're also in touch with the Canada Border Services Agency and partnering agencies in the U.S.
Someone knows something: police chief

Earlier Thursday, the chief of the Calgary Police Service said he is convinced someone knows something about the disappearance of Nathan and his grandparents, who have been missing for four days.

"We are now convinced there are people out there with information," said police Chief Rick Hanson.

Four days after the three went missing there are still many unanswered questions, and investigators say the longer it goes on, the more concerned they become.

"We don't know the motive behind this. Right now we have three individuals who have disappeared under suspicious circumstances," said Andrus on Wednesday

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Calgary Police Service at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Website started to support family

A website has been set up for people to offer messages of support to the family. Police said messages of support have been rolling in from across the country.

The blog has been created as a dedicated place for those messages, along with information on how people can submit tips to Crime Stoppers.

Since the family of Nathan and his grandparents made a plea for their safe return, Calgary police said they have received numerous tips and that those are currently under investigation.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 04.07.14 17:35

I do hope the outcome is that the grandparents wanted to "disappear" themselves and that the estate sale was just to get them started. All other possibilities look not good.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.07.14 17:38

I hope that might be the case but I don't know why they would take their grandson with them.

There have been some dreadful home invasion cases in North America - let's hope that it's not one of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.07.14 20:09

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 06.07.14 23:33

Actually there's more news... they've traced a pickup truck seen on CCTV in the area to a farm near Calgary and have taken a man in for questioning. They're searching the property. I don't believe they've found anything however and they've reported that the man is cooperating "to a degree".

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 07.07.14 0:29

Nathan O'Brien Amber Alert: 'Person of interest' has criminal past, new charge
Douglas Garland faces identity theft charge in decades-old case, has link to Liknes family

CBC News Posted: Jul 06, 2014 12:22 PM MT Last Updated: Jul 06, 2014 5:06 PM MT
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-person-of-interest-has-criminal-past-new-charge-1.2698107

Police have blocked off a new search area at the Airdrie property where they have been searching for the past day and a half. The K-9 unit is also being used in the search of a field with a large body of water.

Police have blocked off a new search area at the Airdrie property where they have been searching for the past day and a half. The K-9 unit is also being used in the search of a field with a large body of water. (Jen Lee/CBC)

The man police have called a 'person of interest' in connection with the disappearance of a missing Calgary family faces a new charge this weekend related to a decades-old case of identity theft and also has a link to the Liknes family.

Douglas Garland, who was taken in for questioning from a rural Airdrie property on Friday, has a criminal history, including drug trafficking and possession of stolen property after he was caught making amphetamines on his parents' Airdrie acreage in 1992.

Police took Garland into custody for questioning related to the search for five-year-old Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, and CBC News has learned police have charged him with stealing the identity of Matthew Kemper Hartley — a 14-year-old Alberta boy killed in a car crash in 1980.

After failing to appear at court in 1992 for drug charges, the then 33-year-old Garland disappeared.

A document from the Federal Court of Appeal indicates Garland was later discovered living under Hartley's stolen identity in Vancouver.

The same document says Garland suffers from attention deficit disorder and had attended medical school in Alberta for one year before suffering a mental breakdown.

Garland told the court at the time he had been traumatized after causing what he described as a horrific accident after falling asleep behind the wheel.

Garland returned to Calgary after being discovered living in Vancouver and pleaded guilty to several of the charges in connection to the drug bust and stolen identity, while the others were dropped.

While Garland had already confessed to stealing Matthew Hartley's identity in the 1990s when he was hiding out in Vancouver, the new charge laid this weekend relates to the recent use of that same identity and allows police to keep him remanded in custody until at least tomorrow.

On Monday, Garland will make a court appearance related to his new charge of identity theft.

Garland has not been named as a suspect in the disappearances.

CBC News has also learned that Garland has a connection to the Liknes family through his sister.

Earlier Sunday, police blocked off a new search area at a rural property northeast of Calgary and brought in the canine unit to help with the investigation into the disappearances of three Calgary family members.

Around 2:45 p.m. MT, investigators blocked off a new site north of the rural Airdrie property where they have been searching for clues since Friday night. The field has a large body of water and a police helicopter has been seen hovering over the water over the course of the afternoon.

Investigators say the size of the property makes it likely their search may not wrap up until sometime Monday.

They seized a vehicle from the property that they say is similar in description to the one captured on CCTV images released Friday but can't confirm whether the vehicle is the same one in the photo or whether it is even linked to the case at all.

Police say they are still trying to determine whether Garland, the property, or the vehicle they seized at the property on Saturday, are linked to their investigation.

O'Brien and his grandparents were reported missing on Monday morning after Nathan's mother arrived to pick up her son from a sleepover at the Liknes's Parkhill house. The family had been over throughout the weekend helping out with an estate sale the Liknes's were holding ahead of a planned move to Edmonton.

Parkhill residents are now tying ribbons to their homes in a symbol of hope and support for the missing family members.

The Parkhill Stanley Park Community Association says the ribbons are meant to increase awareness and express hope for the safe return of Nathan and the Likneses.

Over the past two days, volunteers have been distributing green ribbons to people in the area to tie to the front of their homes.

At a news conference Saturday evening, Duty Insp. Joel Matthews with the Calgary Police Service said investigators had not found Nathan or his grandparents during the search, which is why the Amber Alert issued almost a week ago remains in effect.

During a shoulder-to-shoulder search in a field at the property, Matthews says a white flag was put in place at a site in the field but he could not comment on what that means.

Matthews said they received a tip Friday night that led them to investigate the property but he couldn't say what gave the tip weight.

"We want to make sure we cover off every avenue," he said.

Police are still looking to speak with anyone who attended the Liknes's estate sale on June 27, 28 and 29.

Investigators estimate between 200 and 300 people went through the home over the course of the weekend but they are trying to get an idea of what was purchased and what remains in the home.

They say there was no sign of forced entry into the home but that blood found inside confirms that a violent incident did take place there.

Police could not say who the blood belonged to, only that whoever it was from would have been "in medical distress."

The forensics unit also examined "marks" along the outside of the house but police could not confirm whether those marks are blood.

Police say they have a number of theories so far as to what took place but they aren't making those public.

Anyone with information about the case can call the Calgary Police Service at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 14.07.14 2:20

It's now been 2 weeks since they were last seen and it's not looking good for this gorgeous little boy and his grandparents: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/13/police-finish-looking-for-evidence-in-home-of-nathan-obriens-grandparents-two-weeks-after-they-went-missing/

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 14.07.14 3:23

@ultimaThule wrote:It's now been 2 weeks since they were last seen and it's not looking good for this gorgeous little boy and his grandparents: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/13/police-finish-looking-for-evidence-in-home-of-nathan-obriens-grandparents-two-weeks-after-they-went-missing/

The man who is a "person of interest' - Garland's - sister is married to a son of the missing man. So Garland is the son in law of the missing man, and uncle to the missing child, and brother in law of the mother of the missing child. A bit confusing to describe, but in a nutshell, related to the family.

I still think there's more to this than we're being told. As well, the police by now should have DNA results back indicating whose blood was found inside the missing couple's home, which indicated a violent episode had taken place. They haven't issued any information about this. Nor have they indicated whether they've searched any other properties, including those of other family members.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 14.07.14 15:48

The police arent saying much...i dont see this as a positive sign....nothing ive saw of this case makes much sense....like hitting a brick wall Sad i pray for them to be found safe but sadly i dont think will be the case.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 14.07.14 21:00

Nathan O'Brien, grandparents were murdered, police say
Bodies of 5-year-old Calgary boy, grandparents Alvin and Kathy Liknes have not been found
CBC News Posted: Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM MT Last Updated: Jul 14, 2014 1:39 PM MT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-grandparents-were-murdered-police-say-1.2706455

Calgary police are planning to lay murder charges in the case of a missing Calgary couple and their grandson.

Nathan O'Brien, 5, and grandparents Alvin and Kathy Liknes have been missing since June 29. Calgary police announced this morning that the Amber Alert issued after their disappearance has been discontinued.

Police Chief Rick Hanson indicated that police believe the trio of family members are dead even though their bodies have not been found. He said first-degree murder charges will be laid in the deaths of the grandparents, and a second-degree murder charge will be laid in the death of five-year-old Nathan.

Police said they will not name the suspect in custody until charges are laid, but CBC learned earlier today that Douglas Garland — who had previously been named as a person of interest in the disappearance of the three family members  — is back in police custody.

Sources close to the investigation say Garland is currently being questioned by police in connection with the missing persons case.

The 54-year-old was staying at a motel in Airdrie, just north of Calgary, after being released on bail on unrelated charges on Friday.

'Difficult to maintain optimism'
Police said after multiple searches they have ended their investigation at the Parkhill home where the three Calgary family members were last seen.

The home belongs to Kathy and Alvin Liknes.

Police said there was evidence a violent crime occurred in the southwest Calgary home.

The search for evidence will continue this week at the Spyhill landfill in Calgary, where investigators are still sifting through mounds of garbage.

Police will also continue to search an acreage in Airdrie that belongs to Garland's parents.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 14.07.14 21:02

Interesting that the police are prepared to lay murder charges even though no bodies have been located.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 14.07.14 22:27

Hmmm well im shocked wondering if sniffer dogs found anything and are they different from the K-9 unit there? And only if things(laws) were. Universal for procedures involving missing victims of believed homicides, perhaps one reason certain countries are popular holiday spots...especially whenpeople disappear.....
Imo

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

more stones waiting to be turned

Post by ultimaThule on 26.07.14 2:51

@canada12 wrote:Interesting that the police are prepared to lay murder charges even though no bodies have been located.

As Garland has been charged with the murders of the couple and their grandson it's probable that the police found signifcant evidence of his presence in the house on the night in question and it's possible he may have shed blood in a struggle with one or other of the Liknes.  

In the meantime Nathan's parents are being supported by the community http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-fundraiser-held-for-family-of-boy-grandparents-1.2712332

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.07.14 8:03

It's been previously reported that Garland has connections to the Liknes family. His sister, Patti Garland, is in a common-law relationship with Alvin Liknes's son.

CBC News has learned that Garland and Alvin Liknes were also involved in a patent dispute and that there was "bad blood" between them because of business dealings that had gone sour.

WATCH THE FAMILY
FOLLOW THE MONEY.

No bodies a challenge for case

Calgary defence lawyer Balfour Der said murder cases where police have laid charges without locating the bodies are rare, but it does happen.
"It's obviously going to be a case which is based on circumstantial evidence and that's a totally acceptable way to prove a case," he said.
"The problem with circumstantial evidence is that you need enough of the pieces of the puzzle to be able to show the picture. And there can't be any large holes in it."

I wonder if that is the approach being taken in another totally unrelated case on another continent.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 08.08.14 14:54

48 Tweet Tweet

48 Tweet Tweet

Full Sites CTVNews.ca

CTV.ca

Canada AM

CTV News Channel

KNLive

BNN

CP24

Investigation into missing family takes Calgary detectives to Mexico

CTVNews.ca Staff Published Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:38PM EDT Last Updated Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:35PM EDT

Share this story:

Calgary detectives have travelled to Mexico as part of their investigation into the disappearance and murder of a five-year-old boy and his grandparents, CTV News has confirmed.

Nathan O’Brien and his grandparents, Kathy and Alvin Liknes, went missing on June 29. Police believe they were murdered, although their bodies have not been found.

The Liknes couple had been planning to relocate to Mexico before they disappeared. Detectives are now working with police in Mexico.

Nathan was at his grandparents’ home for a sleepover when all three family members went missing. Police have said that there were signs of a violent struggle inside the Liknes home.

Despite exhaustive searches of municipal dumps and a rural property near Airdrie, Alta., police have not been able to find the victims’ bodies.

Douglas Garland, 54, has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one charge of second-degree murder in the case.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 03.11.14 0:58

The parents of Nathan O'Brien speak here http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-s-parents-speak-about-loss-and-leaving-a-legacy-1.2816016 but you may have to exercise some patience as there are 2 ads which can't be whooshed to sit through first and the voices of the parents were out of sync on my monitor.

It appears that a 'private charity' has been created in memory of this little boy who, we are told, 'loved his life'.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum