The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Justformaddie 15.06.14 0:08

missmar1 wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:It would also make "Shane" 13yrs old at the time he says he killed maddie? Caught shirtless and covered in blood at 22yrs old, but, aged 13 not a single trace?

Mmm ?   Is his true age at the time he  "did it"  also included in this article ?
He's 22yrs old now and maddie vanished in 07, unless he abducted her when he was 13yrs old and decided to kill her a few years later? IMO he can only be talking bull if he said it  roll

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by jeanmonroe 15.06.14 0:34

"But the fact remains that by coincidence she saw one of the kidnappers in the middle of the crime - The Portuguese police are discounting this fact though and calling Jane Tanner a liar because it does not fit in with their theory."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"she saw only ONE of the kidnappers in the middle of THE crime"?

Shudda gone to specsavers then, our Jane. There were, at the last count, by UK police, the gang of THREE and the gang of FIVE!

And SY/MET must also be calling Jane Tanner a 'liar' musn't they?

Because they discounted this 'fact' because it also does not 'fit in' with their theory, either.

As DCI Redwood of Operation Strange was so eager to tell us on BBC Crimewatch, with it's record viewing figures!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 15.06.14 0:41

I wonder how Mommie (Dearest) will explain to the twins that it is not THEM who are 'next', as Express front page 'screams' but some other woman? (in much smaller print) that you'd have difficulty in reading from a distance, unlike the HUGE print 'I killed Maddie, you're next'

The twins, by now, must know that THEY were also left alone in the same room as Madeleine, and they too could have been 'abducted' or 'worse' while mummy and daddy were 'dining' out of sight in the tapas restaurant.

UNLESS mummy and daddy haven't told them, yet, that they too were put totally, consciously, at risk, by them, of God knows what.

"Mommie Dearest, i thought you said that our Maddie was 'alive' and people should donate to your private fund, to fund the search for her"
"The paper, in the shop, says a man has killed Maddie"
"so why do you still want kiddies and OAP's to donate to your private fund?"

"Because er, umm............"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 15.06.14 1:05

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 10373688_10154241045610626_8757449708632548931_n
Dutchgirl

Activity : 194

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.06.14 2:46

PeterMac wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
PeterMac wrote:And it was noticeable how quickly that changed to a bill for a third of a million when they were trying to intimidate one of their victims.
What they did, of course, was prove that Prosecution Exhibit KH 1 is totally unreliable.
Well done !
Wow...really? What are the specifics on this?
Have a look at the very long thread on the Libel trial against TB.
Essentially C-R threatened TB that if a single sentence of his book were found to be libellous he would have to bear the entire costs - which from memory were 0.3m
So all the guff about pro-bono was just that.  A lie by Kate / Janet, repeated in her book, Exhibit KH 1 but proved to be false by C-R themselves
Under that sort of Financial pressure -  WHICH IS PERFECTLY LEGAL,  if morally reprehensible - TB gave the undertaking not to repeat what he had said.  

C-R are experts in this.  Acknowledged across the Western World as Masters of using procedural law in this way, and therefore of ensuring that the main argument - that of the FACTS - never, ever comes before a court.  
That is their skill and expertise, and we saw it at work.
But TB did manage to get one fact out into the open and into the record.
That despite having spend several YEARS preparing the case, C-R were unable to produce a single piece of evidence that Madeleine had been abducted.
Not one.   Nothing    NADA
And the reason ? Because there obviously is none.

And then they slammed TB with costs after the trial, and he has to pay a third of his State Pension for the rest of his life, for what Kate / Janet says was "pro-bono" work

I may have got this wrong but I seem to recall you recently stated that TB had not been found guilty of libel in this case which served to spark my curiousity PeterM, and having read a number of historic threads relating to what appear to be contempt of court proceedings against TB, I'd be obliged if you could provide a link to 'very long thread' you've mentioned (above). .
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.06.14 7:34

ultimaThule wrote:
I may have got this wrong but I seem to recall you recently stated that TB had not been found guilty of libel in this case which served to spark my curiousity PeterM, and having read a number of historic threads relating to what appear to be contempt of court proceedings against TB, I'd be obliged if you could provide a link to 'very long thread' you've mentioned (above). .

see
Carter-Ruck / McCanns / Bennett / Smethurst / Kennedy / Libel Trials

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/f11-carter-ruck-mccanns-bennett-smethurst-kennedy-libel-trials
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.06.14 10:45

PeterMac wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:

see
Carter-Ruck / McCanns / Bennett / Smethurst / Kennedy / Libel Trials

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/f11-carter-ruck-mccanns-bennett-smethurst-kennedy-libel-trials
The judgment of the High Court, in February 2013, was that I had committed the non-criminal act of civil contempt of court, for breaching undertakings given over three years earlier.

The Court did NOT adjudicate on whether or not I had libelled the McCanns. The Court did not allow the McCanns' libel claim against me to proceed, nor my application to be freed from some of the undertaklngs I had given.

Instead, they ruled that the Court must first adjudicate on whether or not I had broken any undertakings BEFORE they would look at anything else.

Exhausted and facing complete financial ruin, I was forced to (a) withdraw my application to be freed from my undertakings and (b) withdraw my appeal to the Court of Appeal (already lodged) against Mr Justice Tugendhat's ruling. In return, the McCanns reduced substantially the amount of Carter-Ruck's (i.e. the McCanns') costs that I was required to pay.

+++++++++++

OK, having got that out of the way, I thought we should have an update on the seriously impressive statistics which Operation Grange has, well, tried to impress us with.

Less than 3 months ago, on 19 March to be precise, DCI Redwood wowed the country with this array of stats:

dozens of international rogatory letters to be sent to several countries

41 ‘priority areas of work’ to be undertaken

the ownership of over 11,000 mobile ’phones

in 31 countries to be checked

287 ‘requests’ made

thousands more ‘actions’ to be undertaken, in addition to the 5,569 already taken

38 more ‘persons of interest’ to eliminate, 22 already having been eliminated

530 sex offenders still to check, 61 of them described as 'priority'

26 visits by Grange to the Algarve

£7 million-plus spent already.

And now, this week, we have a brand new statistic, according to the Daily Mail's report on Thursday:

"A Met spokesman said 41 ‘ground anomalies’ – areas where the earth had been disturbed – were discovered by aerial surveys and ground-penetrating radar equipment".

These stats are obvioulsy meant to convince us all that Operation Grange is genuine.

I see that while I've been away this week, though, Goncalo Amaral has referred to the Operation Gramge digs in Praia da Luz as, inter alia:

(1) 'a farce' ,

(2) 'a movie just for show',

(3) 'something staged for the media',

(4) 'creating a ghost',

(5) 'a way of making us forget that which exists' 

(6) which is being carried out by 'completely mad people'.

I respectfully agree with all these points made by Dr Goncalo Amaral.

Except that I disagree with one word.

I would substitute the word 'corrupt' for 'mad'. 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia 15.06.14 12:12

I agree Tony. You picked the right week to be away as our collective blood pressure soared as we watched the "searches" stutter to a finish.

Praia

Activity : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 15.06.14 12:59

Surely the McCanns will sue the Express as the headline would be terrifying to the twins and it is something they should be shielded from?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 15.06.14 15:10

noddy100 wrote:Surely the McCanns will sue the Express as the headline would be terrifying to the twins and it is something they should be shielded from?
I sometimes wonder if the Express are tormenting them?  Seems any story will do, and today's is right up there with 'taken by a dingo' - the 'stabber' was 15 when Maddie was 'abducted'.  The headline does however keep the story up to date in the minds of their readers, in readiness for any major (real) news breaking.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 15.06.14 16:04

Cristobell wrote:
noddy100 wrote:Surely the McCanns will sue the Express as the headline would be terrifying to the twins and it is something they should be shielded from?
I sometimes wonder if the Express are tormenting them?  Seems any story will do, and today's is right up there with 'taken by a dingo' - the 'stabber' was 15 when Maddie was 'abducted'.  The headline does however keep the story up to date in the minds of their readers, in readiness for any major (real) news breaking.

I`m hoping Richard Desmond is just biding his time.  He seems a fickle character and one that would enjoy cat and mouse games.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.06.14 16:18

Woofer wrote:
I`m hoping Richard Desmond is just biding his time.  He seems a fickle character and one that would enjoy cat and mouse games.

He wants his money back. 550k to the McCanns PLUS 375K to the Taps group
And NO LIBEL was ever proved.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.06.14 16:46

PeterMac wrote:
Woofer wrote:

That's a serious amount of money. I would play poker for that too ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 15.06.14 16:51

Cristobell wrote:

His school mus have had a baker day
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.06.14 17:04

PeterMac wrote:
Woofer wrote:

Plus interest, plus legal costs, brings the amount Richard Desmond gave the Tapas 7 to a tidy sum and I wonder how many of them have got a spare 80-100 grand down the back of their sofas should they be required to repay money they acquired by being willing to lie through their teeth for their very good pals, the McCanns?  

O but i forgot... as the Tapas 7 donated every penny they received from Desmond to the McCanns' lifestyle fund no doubt G&K will put their hands in their pockets to help their mates out - won't they?  

Should any of this motley crew of morally bankrupt individuals decide to do the right thing at this late stage they may be given immunity from prosecution, but I very much doubt that will extend to immunity from being brought to account by Mr Desmond's lawyers.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.06.14 17:19

ultimaThule wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Woofer wrote:

Plus interest, plus legal costs, brings the amount Richard Desmond gave the Tapas 7 to a tidy sum and I wonder how many of them have got a spare 80-100 grand down the back of their sofas should they be required to repay money they acquired by being willing to lie through their teeth for their very good pals, the McCanns?  

O but i forgot... as the Tapas 7 donated every penny they received from Desmond to the McCanns' lifestyle fund no doubt G&K will put their hands in their pockets to help their mates out - won't they?  

Should any of this motley crew of morally bankrupt individuals decide to do the right thing at this late stage they may be given immunity from prosecution, but I very much doubt that will extend to immunity from being brought to account by Mr Desmond's lawyers.

How's the Times getting on reclaiming about one million from Lance Armstrong?
Could be a good precedent.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 15.06.14 17:27

The Times settled out of court, tigger but from this article it seems I've grossly underestimated the amount that each of the Tapas 7 will be required to repay Mr Desmond in respect of his legal costs http://news.sky.com/story/1132897/sunday-times-settles-with-lance-armstrong and they'll need considerably more than 100 grand a head to settle their debt.  smilie

Eta to add this http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2014/06/12/lance-armstrong-deposition-sca-promotions-austin/10378493/ as comforting reassurance that although the mills of justice grind exceeding slow, they can be relied on to eventually pulverise the guilty  yes 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.06.14 17:49

ChippyM wrote:
j.rob wrote:What DID they find on the digs?

If it is completely irrelevant - as Amaral seems to be suggesting - then why report it at all? It makes them look silly. As though it was all a waste of time and they were simply playing buckets and spades on an irrelevant piece of waste-land.

Is there some significance to two cannabis plants/a man's sock/animal bones? Does it point, even in a very obtuse or roundabout way to places/people/events/times that might be significant to 'unlocking the key'.

If the police knew bones where animal, why would they take them?   It's the Daily Mail and others that seem to be sugessting all the police found was 'pet bones' and an old sock etc.  and I don't think they (or Amaral) have access to the lab reports on the objects that were found and sent off by SY, so how would they know?

Martin Geissler of ITV said he saw 'many' pieces of evidence being collected.

Did n't they have forensic anthropologists with them. They should be able to tell the difference.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.06.14 17:54

worriedmum wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27813554

Madeleine McCann's parents say search reinforces 'hope'

''The parents of missing Madeleine McCann say the fact that recent searches found no trace of their daughter reinforces their belief she could still be alive.
Kate and Gerry McCann said they were "very pleased" at the searches over the last 10 days in Praia da Luz, Portugal.
Scotland Yard said there was still a "substantial amount of work" still to do in the investigation after three areas of land were searched.
Madeleine was three when she went missing in the Algarve resort in 2007.
Scotland Yard has said the searches, carried out with Portuguese officers and covering approximately 60,000 square metres, were the "first phase of this major investigation".
In a statement released through their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, Mr and Mrs McCann said: "We are very pleased that significant activity has taken place in Praia da Luz over the last 10 days with police officers and support teams from the UK working closely with the Policia Judiciaria and the Guarda Nacional Republicana.''

Isn't there a conflict here?

Eddy and Keela gave alerts to blood and cadaver odour on clothes and belongings, the apartment and the hire car------verdict-  'UNRELIABLE'

Sniffer dogs are brought in to point out areas of interest and 'nothing is found'-verdict-'RELIABLE'
As if every hole that's being dug without finding Madeleine's body reinforces the idea she is alive. That's about as ridiculous as SY trying to exclude every one who made a phonecall in the Algarve at that time.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 15.06.14 17:57

lj wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
j.rob wrote:What DID they find on the digs?

If it is completely irrelevant - as Amaral seems to be suggesting - then why report it at all? It makes them look silly. As though it was all a waste of time and they were simply playing buckets and spades on an irrelevant piece of waste-land.

Is there some significance to two cannabis plants/a man's sock/animal bones? Does it point, even in a very obtuse or roundabout way to places/people/events/times that might be significant to 'unlocking the key'.

If the police knew bones where animal, why would they take them?   It's the Daily Mail and others that seem to be sugessting all the police found was 'pet bones' and an old sock etc.  and I don't think they (or Amaral) have access to the lab reports on the objects that were found and sent off by SY, so how would they know?

Martin Geissler of ITV said he saw 'many' pieces of evidence being collected.

Did n't they have forensic anthropologists with them. They should be able to tell the difference.

Yes, I've been an avid watcher of "Time Team" for many years and the experts they have on the digs can tell in an instant whether the bones are animal or human.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.06.14 17:57

Gaggzy wrote:Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Article-2654890-1EAB9A9100000578-886_634x418

'.... and my friend, Andy wants a 14 inch Seafood Special with extra anchovies.'
Andy does not look happy!

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.06.14 18:09

missmar1 wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
missmar1 wrote:
Yes thats about the top and bottom of it elasticandy  - he's no fool thats why, imo, he snapped " find the body" that time. 
He KNOWS her body will never be found  - but if the PJ do have to shelve this case again lets hope if there is some information in the next batch of released files that the PJ have been holding back, then the case will be back in the news but not in the way the Mccann's will want. all my opinion only.

And it's also why the verdict in the libel trial is so critical.  If they lose that case, the book can then be published in the UK in book, magazine or newspaper format.  If they win it, then their reputation is solidified. It's a high stakes verdict for them if not for the outcome of the investigation.  

Couldn't agree more.   Along with all the negative points you have posted there is also the added issue of the MONEY they stand to lose - so yes, a whole lot is riding on whether they win this case.

I cant help wondering if this whole digging show was put on just in time for the libel trial ?   No, surely not, we have to believe SY is genuine in its  quest to get justice for a little girl who went missing while in the care of her absent parents

At least that's what they keep on telling us.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 15.06.14 20:38

lj wrote:
Gaggzy wrote:Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Article-2654890-1EAB9A9100000578-886_634x418

'.... and my friend, Andy wants a 14 inch Seafood Special with extra anchovies.'
Andy does not look happy!

Probably because he had asked for a 16 inch.

Following a tough day in the long grass on The Snail; huffing, puffing, and pointing, he'd worked up a big appetite. The thought of being short-changed by two inches was really hissing him off.   sad
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 15.06.14 22:55

we have to believe SY is genuine in its  quest to get justice for a little girl who went missing while in the care of her absent parents

If SY/PJ don't get convictions, then the way will be cleared for similar level crimes to be worked out. They must solve it.

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.06.14 23:00

Talking about money: on page 93 I believe (give or take one) Dutchgirl posted an article that had the following paragraph:

Business owners have been joking that the police operation is a new tourist attraction, with many visitors asking for directions to the latest search site.

Now if they keep on posting or publishing: "Andy, please come back, we need a new boost" I bet SY will stay away and the McCanns will be mighty pissed as that is the latest they want.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top