The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Mm11

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Mm11

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Regist10

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Empty LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth

Post by Tony Bennett 23.06.14 13:05

At the heart of the case of the death of Lee Balkwell, reported to the Essex Ambulance by David Bromley of Baldwins Farm, Upminster, Essex at 1.03am on 18 July 2002, is the allegation that there has been a deliberate and highly organised police cover-up of the truth about how Lee died.

The Bromleys, the police and the Crown Prosecution Service continue to insist to this very day that it was all only an ‘accident’. They all maintain that Lee really was drilling out setting concrete from inside a mixer drum in the total darkness at 1.03am - when a raft of evidence, including CCTV evidence, shows clearly that work on the lorry actually stopped at 9.20pm the previous evening, when all the small amount of setting concrete had been drilled and washed out, ready for the following day’s deliveries.

Lee’s father Les continues to maintain that Lee was deliberately killed.

That is what the case tomorrow (24 June) of R v Bromley is all about. At this hearing. Simon Bromley will be asked to plead ‘Guilty’ or ‘Not Guilty’ to the charge of being responsible for the ‘accident’ that is claimed to have killed Lee.     

Back in 2003, Les Balkwell was approached by two Essex Police Intelligence Officers. They told him, in conditions of complete confidentiality, that Lee had been deliberately murdered and that there was a police cover-up at the very highest level within Essex Police, and especially within its Intelligence Department, then headed, we believe, by Wilson Kennedy.

That was followed by either the same, or other, sympathetic Intelligence Officers disclosing to Les, via an anonymous package delivered through his letter-box, three discs containing all the written information on a joint Essex-Metropolitan Police undercover operation targeting drug-dealing in Essex, Operation Portwing.

This resulted in the conviction of mostly middle-ranking drug dealers, but also revealed a vast scale of police corruption, which either Les Balkwell or I hope to reveal in due course. It included corrupt police and Inland Revenue and Customs officials (a) sending top drug-dealing criminals intelligence about where dog-handlers with drug-detection dogs would be posted each day and (b) arranging for any criminals caught with drugs being given, in advance, the name of a very senior Essex Police Officer indeed who would intervene and ensure that none of the criminals were arrested. For these and other reasons, the distribution and sale of illegal drugs has been prolific in Essex for the past two decades. Illegal drugs pour through the ports of East Anglia and Essex and are distributed on the streets of Essex and east London.

In early 2004, Les Balkwell and two members of his family met with the above two Intelligence Officers, with a third person acting as a witness for the two Intelligence Officers.

Following a recent complaint to the Head of East of England CPS, the recently-appointed Ms Grace Ononiwu, she agreed to receive evidence relating to the information supplied by these two officers, who, in effect , are no more or less than honest whistleblowers, revealing the existence of crimes of perverting the course of justice by several senior Essex Police Officers.   

She had very good reason to intervene. Just five weeks after Lee was killed (25 August 2002), Detective Chief Superintendent Graham Bull closed his file on the case and handed it to Christopher McCann, a top CPS lawyer. Bull’s investigation was slammed as ‘seriously flawed’ by the IPCC and Bull was found guilty of thirteen separate instances of misconduct for the appalling way he conducted the investigation.

Yet what did Christopher McCann - who continues to be a senior lawyer in the CPS - do when he got Bull’s report? He merely rubber-stamped Bull’s conclusion that there was no crime, no negligence, nothing. It was ‘just a tragic accident’, he agreed.   

Accordingly, at a meeting on 13 March 2014 with Ms Ononiwu and top criminal lawyer Karim Kahlil Q.C., Les Balkwell handed in a statement signed by him and two of his relatives. The relevant part of it read as follows:

QUOTE FROM STATEMENT

I will turn now to give specific details of a meeting I attended with two members of my family, the two intelligence officers, and another. As far as I can recall, the meeting took place at the end of 2003 or the beginning of 2004.

The meeting had been arranged by one of the two intelligence officers whom  I had already met a number of times previously.

I believe the first time I was approached by one of them was around April 2003. They proceeded to tell me that they knew, being close to the investigation, that Lee lost his life ‘as a result of a wilful act by the Bromleys’.  

I and two members of my family met each other at the ‘Black Horse’ pub in Brentwood, sometime before 8.00pm in the evening. We were then collected by the two intelligence officers, using a circuitous route to get to the place of the meeting. They did this, they said, to make sure that they were not being followed by undercover Essex Police Officers [who might have the meeting under surveillance]. They were fully aware that they were taking a risk.

I can reveal that the meeting took place in a private residential home that I know was somewhere ‘around the back doubles around Brentwood’. I was told it was a ‘safe house’ being used by one of the two men. I will only reveal more information about the place of the meeting and the identities of the two men when I see written guarantees that they will suffer no adverse consequences from what they disclose.

After introductions, the two intelligence officers proceeded to tell us what they know about Lee’s death.

They said:

• You must understand that Lee’s death was no accident

• It was homicide

• The persons who killed Lee are the persons Les has suspected  all along, namely David, Simon and Scott Bromley

• You all need to prepare yourself for the amount of extreme violence that was used on your son, when the truth eventually comes out

• The Bromleys have a long record for drug-dealing, firearms-dealing and violence.

UNQUOTE

Following the meeting on 13 March, Ms Grace Onoinwu, clearly concerned that there was a very credible suggestion that this case had been contaminated from the outset by police corruption, asked, via Mr Stephen Kavanagh, current Chief Constable of Essex, for the involvement of the Head of the Metropolitan Police Professional Standards Department, Alaric Bonthron, to get involved, allegedly to ‘try and resolve this and to get to the bottom of the matter’.

Accordingly (see previous post in this section) not only Alaric Bonthron but also Tim Hudson, Head of the Metropolitan Police Intelligence Department, attended a meeting at Les Balkwell’s home on 14 April this year. The meeting lasted nearly three hours.

Once again, the crucial issue at this meeting was the question of what protection the two whistleblowing officers would be given if they revealed evidence of police corruption. Revealing confidential information about one’s work in the police force is a criminal offence prosecutable under the Official Secrets Act.

This has been a key issue for the past 12 years Les Balkwell has been seeking justice for his son. Throughout, the Senior Investigating Officers in the case have refused to take evidence from these whistleblowing officers.

Indeed, I raised this issue personally with Detective Superintendent Lee Catling of Kent Police Station in 2011. He was the S.I.O. in the case from August 2010 to December 2012. When I formally made a request at a meeting at the palatial North Kent Police Station in 2011 that these officers be interviewed about what they knew - and be given protection from prosecution, he snorted in reply: “Any officer who breaks the Official Secrets Act must be prosecuted and deserves all that’s coming to him”.

So much for encouraging whistleblowing! One wonders just how much corruption is being covered up by police whistleblowers being prevented from disclosing all that they know by being threatened with prosecution under the Official Secrets Act?

Anyway, after the meeting on 14 April, Les Balkwell wrote to Mr Bonthron. Part of his letter said:

QUOTE from Balkwell letter

As stated, I am willing to supply the names and contact details of the two intelligence once you send me a guarantee in writing in the following terms:

‘Dear Mr Balkwell,

If you can help me by supplying the names and contact details of the two officers you met in 2003 who disclosed to you that your son was deliberately killed and that Essex Police were covering this up, I personally guarantee that neither officer will be prosecuted by any police authority or other agency for any possible breaches of the Official Secrets Act or for any possible breach of any other legislation. I also personally guarantee that the officers will be at no risk of any loss of pension benefits or other benefits and privileges arising from their police service and that they will suffer no other adverse consequences as a result of any information they may volunteer.

Yours sincerely,

Alaric Bonthron, Head of Professional Standards
Metropolitan Police Force’.

When you came to see me, you stated that you had been sent ‘to help me with my problem’. You said: “I’ve been sent by Stephen Kavanagh, whom I used to know from the Met.  In his time at Essex, he’s been trying to clean things up”.
You know what ‘my problem’ is.  It was disappointing that when you came to visit me, I had to ask you to leave within 5 or 10 minutes because your statements suggested to me that you were both involved in the same charade that’s been operating for the past 12 years. Tim Hudson, for example, when I challenged you both about the need to collect evidence and then interview Essex Police Officers, under caution, about possible criminal offences they had committed in Lee’s case.

He said: “What’s the point of pulling in [named police officer – name withheld] for perverting the course of justice  and perjury - that won’t get us to the stage of pulling someone in for murder”.

UNQUOTE

Mr Bonthron replied, bluntly, soon afterwards (29 May):

“I have already explained directly to Les what can be done, police regulations etc and have no intention of writing the letter you have drafted for Les, contained in his letter”.

+++++++++++++++

It’s clear, therefore, that no-one in Essex, Kent or the Metropolitan Police is interested in the truth about how Lee died. This is why, for the first time in 12 years, a truly independent police force - not any police forces linked to Essex Police - must now be tasked with probing the corruption surrounding this case.

And the prosecution of Simon Bromley for allegedly negligently allowing an ‘accident’ to happen to Lee, must be abandoned.  

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Empty Re: LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 23.06.14 13:40

Another McCann with connections in the East Anglia Area and has authority to close cases with a rubber stamp? Hmmmm
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth  Empty Re: LEE BALKWELL death - Top Essex, Kent and Met Police Officers refuse to offer whistleblowers protection - and don't want to get to the truth

Post by Tony Bennett 23.06.14 14:20

Dont Make Me Laff wrote:Another McCann with connections in the East Anglia Area and has authority to close cases with a rubber stamp? Hmmmm
According to the Wikipedia entry on the McCann clan, they can trace their ancestry back to Adam and Eve:

The McCann line features in John O' Hart's book, Irish pedigrees. In this book, the McCann line along with other surname lines are taken right back to Adam and Eve. This book is a large body of work and John O' Hart appears to have a lot of authority on these matters in his time. It is not at all a full work of fiction. However, exactly how all these names were sourced and sorted with such confidence is uncertain.

But then I believe we are all descended from Adam nd Eve - and indeed also from Noah and his wife - so that would be nothing too unusual.

According to the Wiki entry, McCann means 'wolf cub', which is why it's somewhat surprising to see, at the centre of the McCanns' coat of arms, a very red, raging bull:   

http://www.irishgathering.ie/html/mccann.htm

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 23.06.14 14:41

TB ...According to the Wiki entry, McCann means 'wolf cub', which is why it's somewhat surprising to see, at the centre of the McCanns' coat of arms, a very red, raging bull: 

Perhaps the raging red bull signifies KM lol4
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top