The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What evidence is there that Kate entered the apartment before she raised the alarm?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What evidence is there that Kate entered the apartment before she raised the alarm?

Post by worriedmum on 22.06.14 10:14

The very first of the 'unanswered 48 questions' the Portguese police asked Kate was this-

1. On May 3 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041635/The-48-questions-Kate-McCann-wouldnt-answer--did.html#ixzz35M7QvsIb

Is it  it possible that they were checking to see if Kate actually went into the apartment before she raised the alarm?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What evidence is there that Kate entered the apartment before she raised the alarm?

Post by PeterMac on 22.06.14 11:17

This is interesting.
We know know that Kate got the shutters wrong. (perhaps she had been told they would be broken open, but they weren't because someone turned up and disrupted that bit )
We know know that Kate got the curtains wrong, (and has since changed the story - not just a little bit, but completely)
We know know that Kate got the window wrong
We know know that Kate got the cuddle cat shelf / pillow wrong
We know know that Kate got the size of the room wrong.   (Have a look at the photo and judge for yourself if you can "dash" across it.)
We know know that Kate got the weather wrong .  (There were NO GUSTS of wind that evening)
We know know that Kate got so much wrong that it does beg the significant question -
Did she even enter the apartment before raising the false alarm ?

Interesting one to ponder and purport.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What evidence is there that Kate entered the apartment before she raised the alarm?

Post by Woofer on 22.06.14 11:25

She had tried to raise or lower the shutter because her fingerprint was on it.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonmi-451 on 22.06.14 12:13

@Woofer wrote:She had tried to raise or lower the shutter because her fingerprint was on it.
The fingerprint could have been made at any time prior to the time when the fingerprint was lifted, e.g. Prior to the 3rd, after the 3rd or on finding MBM gone on the 3rd, (n.b. If KM had answered Qu 1 of the 48 things might be clearer).

Sonmi-451

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 22.06.14 16:12

@worriedmum wrote:The very first of the 'unanswered 48 questions' the Portguese police asked Kate was this-

1. On May 3 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041635/The-48-questions-Kate-McCann-wouldnt-answer--did.html#ixzz35M7QvsIb

Is it  it possible that they were checking to see if Kate actually went into the apartment before she raised the alarm?

Good question

That takes me back to a thread that I started some time ago with the question, "Was Kate alone when she found Madeleine missing" http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9220-was-kate-alone-when-she-discovered-madeleine-missing?highlight=was+kate+alone

I think that the answer to your question is probably no (in that respect anyway), but she may have needed to have been seen to have come out of the apartment, or popped in for some other reason.

I think that the fact that the PJ asked that question, and that later, Gerry thought that he was supposed to have been there too, says it all.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 22.06.14 17:11

The evidence is the usual McCann evidence she told them she went in which so far has been adequate

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 22.06.14 17:44

@noddy100 wrote:The evidence is the usual McCann evidence she told them she went in which so far has been adequate

She also told them that Madeleine disappeared on May 3rd and that they were at the tapas bar at the time, this had been widely accepted to the point that almost the whole of the UK and Portugal were annoyed at them for leaving the kids alone.

But was May 3rd the relevant date and were the kids ever left alone?  If the answer to point one is no, then it is highly unlikely that they would have left the kids alone after already loosing one of them earlier in the week.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 22.06.14 17:48

They seem to do a lot of telling and not a lot of answering

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 22.06.14 20:41

This case was presented to the people of the UK, with the cooperation of the media, as "upstanding and middle class parents who made the mistake of leaving their children unattended, one of them was abducted, and now they're being fitted up by a nasty foreign country where they don't even speak English, help help, please save us from this travesty of justice!"

I remember it, and I remember how this was played up, over and over again. The McCanns gave the impression that they were cooperating wholly with the police, and then when it became obvious that the Portuguese police were looking at them as suspects, they stopped cooperating and played the "English citizens being fitted up in a foreign land" card. This is how it was sold to the British public. And this is what was always at the back their arguments as to why they wouldn't go back for a reconstruction, why they wouldn't answer any more questions, why they weren't going to cooperate any further. In the minds of the British public, this was acceptable, because of course if they went back for a reconstruction they'd be fitted up, if they answered any questions they'd be twisted into confessions, if they cooperated it would only allow the bad Portuguese to find ways to arrest them.

That's the kind of selling job the McCanns did, with the aid of the British media, which convinced the public to be on their side.

ETA I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong thread. It came to mind as I was reading some of the points here.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 22.06.14 20:49

@canada12 wrote:This case was presented to the people of the UK, with the cooperation of the media, as "upstanding and middle class parents who made the mistake of leaving their children unattended, one of them was abducted, and now they're being fitted up by a nasty foreign country where they don't even speak English, help help, please save us from this travesty of justice!"

I remember it, and I remember how this was played up, over and over again. The McCanns gave the impression that they were cooperating wholly with the police, and then when it became obvious that the Portuguese police were looking at them as suspects, they stopped cooperating and played the "English citizens being fitted up in a foreign land" card. This is how it was sold to the British public. And this is what was always at the back their arguments as to why they wouldn't go back for a reconstruction, why they wouldn't answer any more questions, why they weren't going to cooperate any further. In the minds of the British public, this was acceptable, because of course if they went back for a reconstruction they'd be fitted up, if they answered any questions they'd be twisted into confessions, if they cooperated it would only allow the bad Portuguese to find ways to arrest them.

That's the kind of selling job the McCanns did, with the aid of the British media, which convinced the public to be on their side.

ETA I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong thread. It came to mind as I was reading some of the points here.
At some point, as justice was running its course... someone stepped in and called a halt to justice.Someone decided that the parents could not be found guilty.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 24.06.14 11:24

In fact , is there any evidence that anyone went into the apartment that evening?
In theory there should be-

Madeleine
Sean
Amelie
Kate
David Payne
Gerry
Matt Oldfield

before the alarm was raised.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 24.06.14 11:43

@worriedmum wrote:In fact , is there any evidence that anyone went into the apartment that evening?
In theory there should be-

Madeleine
Sean
Amelie
Kate
David Payne
Gerry
Matt Oldfield

before the alarm was raised.
I dont know - but somehow it wouldn't surprise if there was no evidence for any of those not having been in there. Particularly as all of their descriptions of events and last sightings of Madeleine do not ring at all true.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum