The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Shrines and the McCanns

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shrines and the McCanns

Post by missbeetle on 31.01.15 2:49

@LombardySkeptik wrote:But to what purpose misbeetle?

I'm always happy to consider new explanations for the madness strewn throughout this sorry tale but I can't quite make a connection between a planned event related to the poor girl and Fatima

Hello LombardySkeptik -

(just out of curiosity, why do people spell 'sceptic' as 'skeptik' - is there a difference in nuance?)

I've a few ideas floating round my head, but nothing coherent as to the exact connections between the Church and the McCanns.

The Mysterious Missingness of Madeleine McCann in May 2007 seems all very, very coincidental -

- with - to me - strangely ecumenical and military undertones.

Some sort of worldwide propaganda exercise - but organised by who and how far in advance? I really don't know.

I'd like to think Operation Grange have questioned Rev Fr Haynes Hubbard -

- he was right at the intersection of the Anglican/Catholic/British presence in the Algarve in Summer 2007.

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.01.15 9:55

@missbeetle wrote:

The Mysterious Missingness of Madeleine McCann in May 2007 seems all very, very coincidental -

- with - to me - strangely ecumenical and military undertones.

Some sort of worldwide propaganda exercise - but organised by who and how far in advance? I really don't know.

I'd like to think Operation Grange have questioned Rev Fr Haynes Hubbard -

- he was right at the intersection of the Anglican/Catholic/British presence in the Algarve in Summer 2007.

My thoughts only.

I have to agree with all of that missbeetle. There seems to have been too much "bandwagoning" going on before the event for it to be a random occurrence. Of course the problem is that for the time being we can only see a work in progress. I'm quite sure that we'll all recognise the finished article when it appears though.

Back to top Go down

Further reading...

Post by missbeetle on 31.01.15 21:17

A little more on Marian shrines and Muslims :

...and almost totally off-topic - but interesting - the Shriners I find quite bonkers :

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 01.02.15 16:27

Madeleine's 4th birthday being the date of the 90th anniversary of the Fatima apparitions -

- this is what makes me believe the events in Praia da Luz of Summer 2007 -

(right down to photogenic local church and Mary-a-like mother of missing Madeleine)

- were planned months or years in advance.

------

I am inclined to agree.  The Mcs were after their 'ambassador for missing children' roles. The Gov were keen to get everyone paranoid about child abduction by a stranger in order to increase state surveillance, imo. Plus flog the terrorism agenda with a similar motive. Maybe micro-chipping and DNA data banks another agenda. There's the Enigma at Porton Down link too which ties in with germ warfare/vaccine stuff. And again scare-mongering about killer viruses that are going to wipe out millions (remember all the stockpiling of vaccines for bird flu which killed about 3 people who probably were already ill and died of something else.)

Follow the money, folks. Keep the sheeple in a state of confusion and fear to generate profits.

IMO. 

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.02.15 17:39

@missbeetle wrote:
The Mysterious Missingness of Madeleine McCann in May 2007 seems all very, very coincidental ,-ith - to me - strangely ecumenical...undertones...Some sort of worldwide propaganda exercise ...
@ missbeetle

I am just going to deal with your references to three things: ecumenism, Mary and Fatima.

Mine will be an explicitly Christian perspective - from one who believes the one and only true religion is the one of faith in Jesus Christ, God the Son who came to earth as a man for 33.5 years, as the Bible records.

From that perspective, both Roman Catholicism and Islam are false religions.

One of the many reasons why we say Roman Catholicism is false is because of its express 'Goddess worhsip' of Mary. Mary was not born immaculate, she was a sinner, as I believe I am, and as she admitted she was.  

There are many many signs of ecumenism amd interfaith activity today. It's my belief, shared by many other Christians, that a one world religion (and a one world government) are gradually under construction. That one world religion, if it develops, will exclude Biblical Christianity.

To avoid this post being too long, I will simply post this article below (from a Christian perspective again) which deals with the issue of both Mary and Fatima, why both are important in Roman Catholicism and Islam, and touches on how the two churches are slowly, but measurably, drawing closer together. Both have an unfortunate history of the violent suppression of what they regard as 'heresy'.

I cannot actually see the 'pre-planning' around the disappearance of Madeleine that others say they can see. But - knowing about the importance of Fatima in both Roman Catholicism and Islam - it did raise my eyebrows when almost the first thing Clarence Mitchell did after he arrived in Portugal on 22 May 2007 was arrange a spectacular photo-shoot at the Shrine of Fatima.

Here goes with the article:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Muslim Connection: The Missing Link

One of the common questions concerning a one-world religion is this: “If the coming one-world false religion is characterized by tolerance and diversity (exceptions: Christians and Jews) how will the Muslims integrate into this system?”

The answer:

There needs to be a common denominator between Muslims and the one-world religion. This common denominator may very well be Mary, the mother of Jesus. The Koran exalts Mary, not Jesus. The Roman Catholics also exalts Mary. This along with the numerous alleged apparitions of Mary witnessed by both Muslims and Catholics creates a link between the two religions. These two religions together take in a sizeable portion of the human race.

The Marian apparitions, including the ones in Egypt and Africa, have an underlying message. According to Mary, this message is, “All religions are the same. We are the ones causing division.” This message is easily identified under the third hallmark of a false religion, namely, “Provides a Broad Road to Salvation.” Mary’s message is proven invalid because it contradicts Scripture. The only way to God is through Jesus (John 14:6). Since it is clearly demonstrated to be a false message, we can conclude that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was not the one delivering the message. Mary would never contradict her Son.

According to a British-Catholic magazine, “A Marian revival is spreading throughout Africa with alleged apparitions of Mary, finding a following among the Muslims.” Although African Muslims are supposedly seeing apparitions of the Virgin Mary, they “are not required to become Christians to follow her.”

Most of the spectators who witnessed the Marian apparitions in Zeitoun, Egypt, were Muslim. This apparition of Mary appeared for several nights each week for years and was viewed by millions of Muslims.

Mary appears to be the missing link that helps answer the previous question about how the Muslims could ever integrate into a one-world religion

The Mary/Fatima Connection

Bishop Fulton Sheen, back in the 1950s, was the first Catholic on television [with his own religious talk show]. He wrote a book predicting that Islam would be converted to Christianity. In the same era, the 1950s, Bishop Sheen also wrote a book titled The World’s First Love. He stated in his book:

“But after the death of Fatima (Muhammad’s daughter), Muhammad wrote,

‘Thou shall be the most blessed of all women in paradise after Mary.’”

This connection with the Muslims through Mary was predicted about fifty years ago. Bishop Sheen was ahead of his time, at least as it relates to the future of Islam. The Muslims will be included in the coming One World Religion, but it will not be Christianity.

Key Players and Locations: Mary/Fatima Scenario

The key players are: Mary, the mother of Jesus; Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad; and Pope John Paul II. The key locations include Fatima, Portugal, and St. Peter’s Square, Rome.

The Portuguese Village of Fatima is named after Muhammad’s daughter. Bishop Sheen mentioned how remarkable it was that our Lady had the foresight to appear in the Portuguese Village of Fatima, named after Muhammad’s daughter, and thus became known as Our Lady of Fatima.

In October of 2000, Pope John Paul II ordered the actual statue of Our Lady of Fatima to be moved from Fatima, Portugal, to St. Peter’s Square in Rome. His purpose was to signify “his great devotion to Mary.” He credits her with saving his life in an assassination attempt on May 13, 1981. This story is recounted in chapter six of The Last Generation: Prophecy, Current World Events, and the End Times.

Also in the year 2000, Pope John Paul II gathered 1,500 bishops from around the world, the largest group to assemble since Vatican II. They were there to entrust the world and the millennium to “Our Lady of Fatima,” not to Jesus, not even to God, but to Mary.

What Are Some of the Implications?

1. There appears to be a clear connection between the Catholic Church and the Muslim faith.

2. The Doctrine of Compromise is apparent. Examples: Pope John Paul took a compromising approach to other religions, which included Shamans, witch doctors, Hindu gurus, and voodoo. This sounds very familiar to the Catholic evangelists in the early days of Christianity.

3. The Broad Road to Salvation is emphasized. Examples: The underlying message, according to Mary, i.e., through the alleged Marian apparitions, is “all religions are the same.”

4. Counterfeit Miracles, i.e., Marian apparitions are rampant. These so-called miraculous apparitions of Mary, the mother of Jesus, fail the validity test. If the visions are not really Mary, we can conclude that Satan is disguising himself as an angel of light. He has an agenda, which includes leading humanity into a One World False Religion of his making where he will be worshipped.

5. Experience-based Miracles and apparitions seem to be the motivating factor and key decision-making factor for most people.

ENDS

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LombardySkeptik on 01.02.15 18:10

Shock news

The latest poster doesn't like catholicism (almost as much as he fails to understand its basic tenets - goddess indeed!)

LombardySkeptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A question of faith...

Post by missbeetle on 01.02.15 19:07

May I ask, Tony, what branch of the Protestant church do you belong to?

Were you brought up in it or did you come across it later in life?

I ask this out of sincere interest.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 01.02.15 22:58

@missbeetle wrote:May I ask, Tony, what branch of the Protestant church do you belong to?

Were you brought up in it or did you come across it later in life?

I ask this out of sincere interest.
I would not normally answer personal questions at all, but will make an exception by way of a brief response.

My father took me and my brother to the local Church of England church ('low church') wherever we lived and I was 'confirmed' in the C of E at about 14 years old.

I drifted away from the Church and became an agnostic or virtual atheist.

Since realising that, like all of us, I was a sinner by nature - and by the grace of God was converted to Christ - I now attend what is commonly called a non-denominational or independent Gospel hall, where the very same Gospel that Christ preached - and which Stephen preached when he became the first Christian martyr - is preached to this day.

To that, I would add one thing, as a relatively recent convert - the sinful nature that still remains within me still causes me to do wrong things, and for these, I continue to ask God for forgiveness.

P.S. To Lombardy Skeptic - you wote:  "[Tony Bennett] fails to understand the basic tenets of Catholicism...Mary is [not a Goddess]".

On the contrary, I know about and understand all the basic tenets of Catholicism only too well - and reject it as a different religious sytem entirely from the Christian faith. Catholicism makes Mary born via 'Immaculate Conception' - which is untrue. Catholicism teaches you to pray to Mary, who will appease the 'angry' Jesus - but the Bible says pray to Christ the Son and God the Father. Mary doesn't hear and doesn't answer any prayer. Images of Mary are in every Catholic church - but the Bible says don't make graven images. Rosary beads teach you to say 'Hail Mary'. The Pope arrogates to himself the title of 'Holy Father'. But our true Father is in heaven. 

Mark 7 vv 7-8:  Christ said: "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandments of God, ye hold the tradition of men..."

Christ aimed those comments at the puffed-up religious leaders of the day: the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the scribes, the lawyers, the Rabbis, the priests etc.  Today they would be directed at the Roman Catholic Church, which has invented dozens of teachings and practices nowhere to be foud in our Bibles.

Final point to try and drag this back on topic: shirnes have no place in Christian belief

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LombardySkeptik on 02.02.15 0:26

@Tony Bennett wrote:

P.S. To Lombardy Skeptic - you wote:  "[Tony Bennett] fails to understand the basic tenets of Catholicism...Mary is [not a Goddess]".

On the contrary, I know about and understand all the basic tenets of Catholicism only too well - and reject it as a different religious sytem entirely from the Christian faith. Catholicism makes Mary born via 'Immaculate Conception' - which is untrue. Catholicism teaches you to pray to Mary, who will appease the 'angry' Jesus - but the Bible says pray to Christ the Son and God the Father. Mary doesn't hear and doesn't answer any prayer. Images of Mary are in every Catholic church - but the Bible says don't make graven images. Rosary beads teach you to say 'Hail Mary'. The Pope arrogates to himself the title of 'Holy Father'. But our true Father is in heaven. 

Have you just made that up!

With all due respect  --I think your wisdom is best spent on pursuing those responsible for the fate of Madeleine McCann rather than home-schooled theology allied with religious intolerence

LombardySkeptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker on 02.02.15 0:59

@LombardySkeptik wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

With all due respect  --I think your wisdom is best spent on pursuing those responsible for the fate of Madeleine McCann rather than home-schooled theology allied with religious intolerence
Mary was not born by  jmmaculate conception her mother was anne.Why is Jesus angry? Rosary beads do not teach you to say hail mary  and it is craven images .If you want to discuss the catholic faith concerning the mccscamms  fine but do not preach your anti catholic veiws here is not the place offtopic

noseyparker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.02.15 7:40

@LombardySkeptik wrote:

With all due respect  - I think your wisdom is best spent on pursuing those responsible for the fate of Madeleine McCann rather than home-schooled theology

Analysis of idolatrous Mary-worship here:
http://www.gty.org/Blog/B130227/exposing-the-heresies-of-the-catholic-church-mary-worship

allied with religious intolerence

Christ was intolerant of false religions, therefore so am I

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LombardySkeptik on 02.02.15 11:36

I stand corrected - by a bigoted blog ...!!

I shall not return to this matter

LombardySkeptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 02.02.15 11:47

Isn't Religion one of those subjects that only leads to argument when being debated, like Politics? As the saying goes don't argue religion or politics because you will never win, LOL.
Arguing religion or debating the matter is just a perception, and there is no right or wrong, because it is in the perception of the way one perceives it all, and how they understand it. No one can really prove anything anyway, so what's the point? I think the best way to live is treat others the way you want to be treated yourself, the golden rule.
I guess all that is really to discuss is any religious ritual depending on what denomination one believes in, and what is ritual anyway?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.02.15 11:50

@LombardySkeptik wrote:I stand corrected - by a bigoted blog ...!!  I shall not return to this matter
Further particulars here in this cartoon strip - scroll down the page of 'Why is Mary Crying?' :
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp

The main subjecet of this thread is, I think, Marian shrines and Marian visions etc.

Marian shrines are about the worship of the Goddess Mary, or what is commonly known as 'Mariolatry'.

The current Pope, Francis I, is a keen worshipper of Mary; this article is worth a look for those like missbeetle trying to ascertain 'the signs of the times': http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=24994

ETA: Joss wrote:   "Isn't Religion one of those subjects that only leads to argument...Arguing religion or debating the matter is just a perception, and there is no right or wrong..."

REPLY:  I think missbeetle has properly raised the subject of 'Shrines and the McCanns', and has perceptively (if I may say so) linked the subject to 'ecumenical' and 'interfaith' issues, which has prompted my response, Joss. And there is no getting away from the hold that 'Mary worship' has in both Catholicism and, to a lesser extent, Islam.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 02.02.15 12:20

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@LombardySkeptik wrote:I stand corrected - by a bigoted blog ...!!  I shall not return to this matter
Further particulars here in this cartoon strip - scroll down the page of 'Why is Mary Crying?' :
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp

The main subjecet of this thread is, I think, Marian shrines and Marian visions etc.

Marian shrines are about the worship of the Goddess Mary, or what is commonly known as 'Mariolatry'.

The current Pope, Francis I, is a keen worshipper of Mary; this article is worth a look for those like missbeetle trying to ascertain 'the signs of the times': http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=24994

ETA: Joss wrote:   "Isn't Religion one of those subjects that only leads to argument...Arguing religion or debating the matter is just a perception, and there is no right or wrong..."

REPLY:  I think missbeetle has properly raised the subject of 'Shrines and the McCanns', and has perceptively (if I may say so) linked the subject to 'ecumenical' and 'interfaith' issues, which has prompted my response, Joss. And there is no getting away from the hold that 'Mary worship' has in both Catholicism and, to a lesser extent, Islam.
Yes Tony, missbeetle did raise the subject. I thought i read one of the McC's relatives, maybe K. McC's mother? said Kate wasn't even really religious. but suddenly turns to the Catholic Church for solace or whatever after her daughter is missing.
I thought all religions pretty much worshipped Mary as the mother of Christ? Guess i was wrong.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Shrines and the McCanns

Post by G-Unit on 02.02.15 12:54

This thread is about the reasons for the McCanns' visit to a shrine, surely, not about shrines and different religious beliefs in themselves?

After all, the doctrines of any religion are based on faith, which is defined as 'spiritual conviction rather than truth'. Many religions say they are the only true religion. 

If I say that television doesn't exist you can prove me wrong. You can show me televisions. If I say God doesn't exist you can't prove me wrong in quite the same way. Neither can I prove that he doesn't exist. Television is a fact, belief in God is a spiritual conviction.

G-Unit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming on 02.02.15 13:17

@G-Unit wrote:This thread is about the reasons for the McCanns' visit to a shrine, surely, not about shrines and different religious beliefs in themselves?

After all, the doctrines of any religion are based on faith, which is defined as 'spiritual conviction rather than truth'. Many religions say they are the only true religion. 

If I say that television doesn't exist you can prove me wrong. You can show me televisions. If I say God doesn't exist you can't prove me wrong in quite the same way. Neither can I prove that he doesn't exist. Television is a fact, belief in God is a spiritual conviction.

Amen to that G-Unit...

Jamming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just what is going on with the McCanns and Fatima Shrine...?

Post by missbeetle on 03.02.15 6:49

Thanks for replying, Tony. I had to look up Gospel Halls - I can't believe I've never heard of them before.

I was charmed to see the men in suits and the ladies in hats.

Thank you also for the blast from the past Chick Tracts...! Brilliant.

Somehow I think we shall not be bumping into each other in Heaven -

- as long as I don't have to sit next to Gerry McCann I don't mind.

Fatima the place and the Shrine had never caught my attention before this case -

(Medjugorje neither, another place Madeleine was seen at)

I don't think I know of anyone who has ever been there...

...is it a beautiful place without the fancy buildings?

J.Rob - as ever, you put it so well - creating fear for profit...

Noseyparker - it is graven images.

Clay - yes, I know what you mean - I have not even a hazy outline yet, though...!

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 03.02.15 9:22

I imagine if the Almighty exists he will take a very dim view of the cult of Mary, I seem to recall he made his views on worshipping false gods and idolatry pretty clear.

I do find it interesting that  the McCanns attached themselves to the cult of Mary, was it Clarrie's idea- he is a professional media manipulator after all, perhaps he saw it as a gift. It has been said that the RC church has often used the cult of Mary to manipulate its flock.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.02.15 9:26

@missbeetle wrote:
Fatima the place and the Shrine had never caught my attention before this case -

(Medjugorje neither, another place Madeleine was seen at)

I don't think I know of anyone who has ever been there...

...is it a beautiful place without the fancy buildings?

I've been to Fatima. It's distinctly underwhelming, although thankfully not as tacky or commercially exploited as you might think. My mother is from a large (is there any other kind  pray2 ) Irish catholic family so I went on her bahalf, so to speak.

I actually preferred Entroncamento, where you get off the train - there's a little museum with a few steam trains outside....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.02.15 20:59

@Rufus T wrote:I imagine if the Almighty exists he will take a very dim view of the cult of Mary, I seem to recall he made his views on worshipping false gods and idolatry pretty clear.

I do find it interesting that  the McCanns attached themselves to the cult of Mary, was it Clarrie's idea - he is a professional media manipulator after all, perhaps he saw it as a gift. It has been said that the RC church has often used the cult of Mary to manipulate its flock.
I hope it will not be regarded as too far off-topic if I stop off for a moment to give a brief mention to the other Mary prominent in the Gospels - Mary Magdalene. 

'Magdalene', or its modern derivation, Madeleine, simply means 'one coming from Magdala', a small town on the west coast of the Sea of Galilee:

And it is this small Jewish town, then, which was the origin of the name the McCanns gave to their firstborn, Madeleine.

A popular Catholic name, with its strong Biblical association.

Today all that remains of Magdala is the small village of Mejdal:

Magdala was visited by Christ (Matthew 15 v. 39), immediately after feeding the 4,000 with the 'seven loaves and few fishes' (Matthew 15 v. 34) - a different and later miracle from the better-known similar one.    

Mary Magdalene had a troubled life, but was healed - and forgiven - and has a unique place in history as the first person to discover that Christ was no longer rotting in the tomb but had risen from the dead:

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdelene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre" (John 20 v. 1).

After her, Madeleine Beth McCann was named.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 09.02.15 12:47

A Timesonline article dated 23/05/07 about the Fatima trip which can be read in its entirety at this link

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic2250.html

"Mrs McCann had decided before leaving Britain to join the millions of pilgrims who visit the shrine at Fatima each year. Her determination to make the eight-hour return trip was strengthened on the weekend of Madeleine’s birthday when 500,000 pilgrims flocked to Fatima, including many who carried the girl’s picture."

Then later in the article we have this - 

"Today was the first time that Mrs McCann had left the Algarve since Madeleine was abducted. Her two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie remained with relatives because she feared the journey would be too tiring from them."

Another article telling us that Kate was planning a pilgrimage during the family holiday.
Was it going to be a family trip or just for Kate?  In the above article we are told it would be too long a journey for the twins, so just a trip for Kate. Was Gerry going to watch the weans so that Kate could  undertake her pilgrimage? The phrase when hell freezes over comes to mind.
When exactly was she going to go, they only had one full day of the family holiday left?
How would she get to Fatima? They had no hire car at this time.
It seems unlikely that any such trip was planned IMHO. I think that yet again the arch media manipulator has been doing his best to push the very devout nature of the McCanns. How terribly fortuitous that MBM's birthday was just one day away from the anniversary celebrations at Fatima.
 There is a special place in hell for CM and his ilk.

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LombardySkeptik on 09.02.15 13:04

@Rufus T wrote:A Timesonline article dated 23/05/07 about the Fatima trip which can be read in its entirety at this link

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic2250.html

"Mrs McCann had decided before leaving Britain to join the millions of pilgrims who visit the shrine at Fatima each year. Her determination to make the eight-hour return trip was strengthened on the weekend of Madeleine’s birthday when 500,000 pilgrims flocked to Fatima, including many who carried the girl’s picture."

Then later in the article we have this - 

"Today was the first time that Mrs McCann had left the Algarve since Madeleine was abducted. Her two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie remained with relatives because she feared the journey would be too tiring from them."

Another article telling us that Kate was planning a pilgrimage during the family holiday.
Was it going to be a family trip or just for Kate?  In the above article we are told it would be too long a journey for the twins, so just a trip for Kate. Was Gerry going to watch the weans so that Kate could  undertake her pilgrimage? The phrase when hell freezes over comes to mind.
When exactly was she going to go, they only had one full day of the family holiday left?
How would she get to Fatima? They had no hire car at this time.
It seems unlikely that any such trip was planned IMHO
. I think that yet again the arch media manipulator has been doing his best to push the very devout nature of the McCanns. How terribly fortuitous that MBM's birthday was just one day away from the anniversary celebrations at Fatima.
 There is a special place in hell for CM and his ilk.

Exactly
Remember at this point - much was being made of their Irish roots and (ahem) staunch faith - IMO this was primarily a cynical play to ignite a donating frenzy from the emerald Isle
Just another 'fleece the faithful' opportunity

LombardySkeptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Little blonde Madeleine...

Post by missbeetle on 08.03.15 7:53

I'd never known the identity of this little girl before :

To me, she looked rather like Amelie...Dutch.

I noticed the same child again, peeping out from behind the PdL Church door :

(both pictures snipped from epa.eu)

Well, you wouldn't believe this child's name and precocious piety :

(snipped from an article by Martin Fricker, Mirror, 14th May 2007)

Mind games....!

My opinion only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The heavies at the Fatima Shrine...?

Post by missbeetle on 05.06.15 23:18

Any idea who these two seriously uniformed chaps escorting the McCanns at Fatima would be?

Special police? Bodyguards? Some sort of shrine wardens?

That's Clarence Mitchell on the far right in a pale linen jacket.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum