The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the McCanns' appearance yesterday was a PR disaster for them

Post by Iamtheseeker on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:43 am

It wasn't pretty at all but it was funny she looked like "mother Teresa wearing that outfit and Jesus creepers " hope the pair of them face justice very soon . maybe the 4 sevens ? 7th of the 7th month , the Tapas 7 and 7 years since the girl went missing? Could the 7th of June be a day of Justice ? big grin

Iamtheseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Would that be 20 June 2015 or the centenary in 2097, Iats?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:52 am

The McCanns are due to fly out to Lisbon tomorrow.  It should be an interesting week.

inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:53 am

@inspirespirit wrote:The McCanns are due to fly out to Lisbon tomorrow.  It should be an interesting week.
Oh yes! Had nearly forgotten about that - it nearly got overshadowed as intended by the SY.

Yes - very interesting

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:08 am

@HelenMeg wrote:
@inspirespirit wrote:The McCanns are due to fly out to Lisbon tomorrow.  It should be an interesting week.
Oh yes! Had nearly forgotten about that - it nearly got overshadowed as intended by the SY.

And as intended by those who have wound up Twitter, facebook and this and other fora into a frenzy about Smithman, wells, conspiracy theories and al the rest.

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE SQUIRREL.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:38 am

The squirrel, Yes. I do, Sir!!!! Your wish is my command.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 am

Can anyone provide a plausible explanation of why SY wish to divert and distract from the 'damages' case against Amaral?
It may seem obvious to some but I need to hear a simple explanation

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:45 am

@PeterMac wrote:
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE SQUIRREL.

Bumping up as I, too, believe this is what all of the "distractions" this week have been about.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 am

@HelenMeg wrote:Can anyone provide a plausible explanation of why SY wish to divert and distract from the 'damages' case against Amaral?
It may seem obvious to some but I need to hear a simple explanation

I can put forward two theories:

1. All the recent SY activity makes it clear that they know Maddie is dead. This is disastrous for the libel case. If the McCanns lose, then public opinion could turn further. Their best bet is to make sure no one hears about the trial. And as backup to create a narrative that if she is dead it wasn't them! Disruption makes people look anywhere but at the trial.

2. SY have a new remit. To make sure DC doesn't look bad. For now he's part of Team McCann. So do lots of public digging and interviewing. Show progress. But they have backed a burglar story. It might look bad for DC if they lose the libel trial. So create distraction and make sure it's clear that the burglars did it.

Two different reasons. Both require a similar disruption strategy around the trial. Just in case GA wins.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 am

Will the mccans really go to Portugal tomorrow? Considering redwood claims he
 will name the "suspects" before the libel trial? Bet the hideous pair will flee in fear od getting caught ! big grin

Iamtheseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:45 am

@Iamtheseeker wrote:Will the mccans really go to Portugal tomorrow? Considering redwood claims he
 will name the "suspects" before the libel trial? Bet the hideous pair will flee in fear od getting caught ! big grin

Gosh, I hope they can manage to arrange for someone to look after the twins. And get time off work. And book a hotel.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by End on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 am

@Iamtheseeker wrote:Will the mccans really go to Portugal tomorrow? Considering redwood claims he
 will name the "suspects" before the libel trial?
Bet the hideous pair will flee in fear od getting caught ! big grin

When/where was this published?

End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:10 pm

@canada12 wrote:

Gosh, I hope they can manage to arrange for someone to look after the twins. And get time off work. And book a hotel.
 spit coffee

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 am

@worriedmum wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

spit coffee
So, we can assume Senora and Senor Mc Cann are making their way out to Portugal today in preparation for resuming case tomorrow.
Presumably they are making their statements tomorrow...  will it be newsworthy or not

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 am

I ma not normally a vindictive or vengeful person. However, every penny the McCs have to spend is good, as far as I can see. They have caused so much harm to Dr Amaral (whom they insist on calling 'Mr'), that every painful wallet-opening for GM is richly deserved. I only hope that justice is served for Dr A, and also for MM.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 am

I hope the gruesome twosome get arrested tomorrow and charged for neglect as soon as they appear in court like parasites on a carcass trying to get their nasty hands on Dr Amarals money , The pair of them are hideous liars who will face Justice one day  prisoner

Iamtheseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:37 am

It seems that the McCanns have scored another spectacular own goal today and the Daily Mail has disabled comments on this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684287/Kate-Gerry-McCann-return-Portugal-deliver-personal-statements-libel-trial-against-former-police-chief.html

Interesting before and after shots of the pair - where did they change their clothes, in the Court toilets or by arrangement with a certain Lisbon 5* hotel?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DEJA VU - enough own goals to rival Germany's match against Brazil

Post by ultimaThule on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:14 am

Transcript of the McCanns' press conference outside the Lisbon courts yesterday from mccannfiles.com (donation made):

Transcript (complete version)

By Nigel Moore

Gerry McCann: We're very glad that, errr... both Kate and I were able to give evidence today in our libel trial. Errr... This has now been going on for over five years and, errr... we hope that we'll get justice for Madeleine and the rest of our family very soon.

Thank you. I'm happy to take some questions.

Portuguese journalist: [speaks over the shouting of a woman protestor] Gerry, today you spoke and it was, errr... all the book... the book and the documentary was an absolute shock, errr... and this greatly stressful for entire family. But why do you feel that?

Gerry McCann: Well, I mean, I think... I think it should be very obvious to anybody who has anyone missing, that when someone says that you hid your own daughter's body and, errr... faked an abduction - when that child is still missing and we're doing everything in our power to try and find her - I think that would be absolutely shocking to any family.

Martin Brunt: You talked about, Gerry, the effect... both of you, that this had, particularly in one incident, when Sean, your youngest child. Errr... Can you just tell us what that episode was?

Gerry McCann: Sure, so the first thing to say is, that I also said in court, you know, Sean and Amelie are doing really, really well but obviously they're not immune to the media. They hear things, they go to school, they hear the radio, they hear the theories and Sean has obviously asked Kate explicitly: 'Why did Mr Amaral say you hid Madeleine'. So we will have to deal with that and obviously we are doing everything within our power and we hope that, errm... the current investigation, errr... being run with the Metropolitan Police and the PJ does lead to a real breakthrough. That's our... our goal; is to find Madeleine but until that day - until we find Madeleine and know who is responsible for taking her - we will have to worry about these questions for the twins as they get older.

Martin Brunt: Do you feel you've said enough today to undo the damage that you feel Mr Amaral's book has done.

Gerry McCann: There's no doubt the... the... the... damage done has... has been severe. I mean, we've got people here screaming things and if that is representative of what people in this country and other countries think, then, you know, we're fighting a losing battle. I hope it's not. This action was all about challenging these assertions, which have gone more or less unchallenged. And legal action for us is always a last resort, but we were pushed to the point where something had to change and the documentary, which was even worse than the book, was that breaking point. And we are here.

Portuguese journalist: [inaudible] ... the latest steps on the investigation... ?

Gerry McCann: Well, you know, we can't comment on any specific details but what we are more than happy to say is we're really, really pleased that there is active investigation going on and, you know, it's taken a long time - the Met have been reviewing things for three years. Errr... We've had feedback from the Metropolitan Police - they were pleased with the way things have gone, errm... and we want that work to continue. There are a lot of lines of inquiry that need followed and, as parents, I mean, what we're... what we've asked for all along really is that anything that is reasonable to be done that may help find Madeleine and catch those responsible for her abduction is done. And, as parents, that's all we're asking and we felt there was a lot to be done and we... we want to make it clear, you know, it is a very complex investigation. It's a huge dossier, errm... and we just want as much as possible to be worked through.

Martin Brunt: Kate, what do you feel you've...

Portuguese journalist: [talking over] Do you think those steps in Algarve from British investigators... investigators can help repair all the damage the book and the documentary made, or do you see or hear that people in the Algarve start to say: "What are we doing here?"

Gerry McCann: Well, I think the worse thing is, that we were told that, errr... someone in Praia da Luz wrote: 'The parents are murderers', when this work was taking place, and if that is reflected, errr... in the general population it's devastating.

Kate McCann: I mean, that was spray painted on the wall in Luz, just a few weeks ago.

Gerry McCann: So, I mean, what we hope... we think, you know, there has been a tremendous amount of damage but we hope the public - the general population - will see the PJ are investigating, the Metropolitan Police are investigating, they will look at it and say what the criminal file said. You know, we... we don't know whether Madeleine's alive or dead but there is no evidence that she's dead and she's a missing child, and she's completely innocent. And more importantly than... well, there's... for us, there's nothing more important than that, but the next more important thing is whoever took Madeleine is still out there, and whoever that person is, or... or persons, they must have been laughing during these last six years, at what's been told in the book - that there was no abduction, that there's... you know, there's no predator out there. There is. And he may s... he, or she, or they, may strike again. And, you know, there's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light, errm... who have been on holiday. So, you know, at the very least, these people need to be brought to justice.

Kate McCann: I mean, we... we can't...

Portuguese journalist: [inaudible comment/question] ... so whose fault is it?

Kate McCann: ...we can't... we can't undo all the damage that's been done by Mr Amaral's book and documentary - there's been too much damage. But we can make a difference and it's never too late for someone to come forward with the key information, and if this action helps us to reach that step then it's a positive thing and that's what we're aiming for.

Gerry McCann: We obviously never thought, seven years down the line, that we would be in this situation and, you know, of... of not knowing whether your child's alive or dead, and is missing. But we do still have hope because... especially because of all the other cases of children and young women who have been taken and kept for long periods of time and there is one thing that when... when I went to Washington, very early on, and went to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, their chief executive said to me: "The younger the child is when they're taken, the more likely they've been taken to be kept." So, we don't know the circumstances by which Madeleine was taken. We know it could be an awful outcome but there's no evidence to support that and what we've got to do is find her and find those responsible. Thank you.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:01 am

@ultimaThule wrote:Transcript of the McCanns' press conference outside the Lisbon courts yesterday from mccannfiles.com (donation made):

And, you know, there's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light, errm... who have been on holiday. So, you know, at the very least, these people need to be brought to justice.
Series of other crimes against Children which have come to light ?
Such as
Abandonment by all the other parents 5 nights in a row, in cold dark locked or unlocked apartments of all the other children, including those who were seriously ill
Perverting the course of Justice, by making a series of false statements to the Police
As you say Gerry, these people certainly do need to be brought to justice.
On that we can all agree.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 am

@PeterMac wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Transcript of the McCanns' press conference outside the Lisbon courts yesterday from mccannfiles.com (donation made):

And, you know, there's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light, errm... who have been on holiday. So, you know, at the very least, these people need to be brought to justice.
Such as
Abandonment by all the other parents 5 nights in a row, in cold dark locked or unlocked apartments of all the other children, including those who were seriously ill
Perverting the course of Justice, by making a series of false statements to the Police
I keep hearing him say these two statements and the more I hear them the more the words of one serious crime sounds like series of crimes

especially when you add that accent of his

or is it me?

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:30 am

And more importantly than... well, there's... for us, there's nothing more important than that, but the next more important thing is whoever took Madeleine is still out there, and whoever that person is, or... or persons, they must have been laughing during these last six years, at what's been told in the book - that there was no abduction, that there's... you know, there's no predator out there. There is. And he may s... he, or she, or they, may strike again. And, you know, there's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light, errm... who have been on holiday.

It seems to me that here we have Gerry giving away the case for the defence,namely the big boy, or the big girl, or the big boys and big girls, did it and ran away.  

And over there we have AR and his team eliminating any possibility that one or all of the motley collection of men contained in Exhibit KH1  'key sightings', together with assorted smelly binmen and disgruntled MW personnel, were involved in the crime and that those who did it ran away to the UK shortly thereafter.

The McCanns are nothing if not predictable and my only surprise is that the wee one didn't stamp his little feet while insisting that THERE IS a predator out there. big grin 

I do hope Hobs is able to take a look at these latest utterings from the hapless pair.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 am

@Dont Make Me Laff wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Such as
I keep hearing him say these two statements and the more I hear them the more the words of one serious crime sounds like series of crimes

or is it me?

When I heard the wee one say "and Sean has obviously asked Kate explicitly: 'Why did Mr Amaral say you hid Madeleine"  I thought he said 'hit Madeleine', DMML
'.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:24 am

@ultimaThule wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Such as

or is it me?

When I heard the wee one say "and Sean has obviously asked Kate explicitly: 'Why did Mr Amaral say you hid Madeleine"  I thought he said 'hit Madeleine', DMML
'.
he probably did say "hit" one can never be sure of what he is saying - accent or not it's all gobledygook

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:36 am

@ultimaThule wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Such as

or is it me?

'.
Yes I thought it sounded like 'hit' too, UT.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684287/Kate-Gerry-McCann-return-Portugal-deliver-personal-statements-libel-trial-against-former-police-chief.html

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:19 am

I hope someone has told the judge that long before Snr Amaral put pen to paper, British people were forensically examining the McCann actions - on sites including the Mirror forum and the 3 Arguidos. Millions of UK people didn't believe the abduction tale then and they don't believe it now.

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum