The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 16:56

@Issy wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:So after Clarence Mitchell appealed to the British media not to repeat Amaral's claims, the Mirror decides to make those very claims front page news  big grin 

I think his 'nod' to the press was not to print/repeat what Kate said about how she has to, tiresomely/annoyingly/bothersomely for her, to make 'child care arrangements' for her two remaining kids, when she leaves them at home, again, in her 'search/quest'  for 'finding' money Madeleine.

btw: Due to the early closure of the 'case' yesterday, did the McCanns manage to do even a lickle 'search' in PDL?

They had a few hours to 'fill' didn't they, before their flight home?

ShuBob is correct, Clarence Mitchell did indeed ask the media not to repeat GA's claims. He said: '"Mr Amaral's claims are entirely unfounded and we hope the British media will not repeat them." But thankfully the British media - or the Mirror anyway - ignored him!

Issy: I 'know' what Pinky 'said'..  winkwink winkwink

But he ain't the only that can  spin spin spin 'things'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by l'idiote on 17.06.14 16:58

I feel very uncomfortable regarding the church episode(s) and those involving the priest.

Also regarding the recent articles about drunkenness...this from Fr Sedden's statement struck me as very odd:

'Gerry phoned me on the same night and he also seemed to me to be quite traumatised and at the same time very upset and angry. His Scottish accent, which was normally very slight, became so heavy that his sentences were almost incomprehensible.'

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAUL_SEDDEN.htm

l'idiote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.06.14 17:00

@l'idiote wrote:I feel very uncomfortable regarding the church episode(s) and those involving the priest.
You have a variety of 'priests' to choose from.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SchrodingersBody on 17.06.14 17:03

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:So after Clarence Mitchell appealed to the British media not to repeat Amaral's claims, the Mirror decides to make those very claims front page news  big grin 

I think his 'nod' to the press was not to print/repeat what Kate said about how she has to, tiresomely/annoyingly/bothersomely for her, to make 'child care arrangements' for her two remaining kids, when she leaves them at home, again, in her 'search/quest'  for 'finding' money Madeleine.

btw: Due to the early closure of the 'case' yesterday, did the McCanns manage to do even a lickle 'search' in PDL?

I wonder if they left any flowers behind anywhere ?

SchrodingersBody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by l'idiote on 17.06.14 17:08

Sorry, Aquila, I meant Fr Pacheco. But please see above for an edit to my post which involves Fr Sedden.

l'idiote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 17:12

@SchrodingersBody wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

I wonder if they left any flowers behind anywhere ?

Kate's 'tighter than a fish's arsehole' so NO!  laughat laughat laughat 

Oh, maybe, it they were 'freebies'!  winkwink 

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by End on 17.06.14 17:17

@nglfi wrote:
@sar wrote:
@haroldd2 wrote:When the McCs' star plummets, one thing's for certain: it will be a memorable day for the British press.

It will be right up there with "Gotcha" (1982, the Sun, the Belgrano), "It's the Sun Wot Won It" (1992, the Sun, the general election) and "Murderers" (1997, Daily Mail, Stephen Lawrence case).

The newspapers will sell a lot of copies that day, especially the rags with the most eye-catching headlines. Some will sell to people who usually read other newspapers or no newspapers at all. Fleet Street must be salivating like hyenas.

For me, the most prominent words in the latest coverage are in the Mirror article:

But he suggested the McCanns hid her body in the woman’s coffin at Praia da Luz catholic church – which they had a key for – a month after she vanished in 2007.

The fact that they had a key is common knowledge in these forums, but the Mirror's message to their readers is this: the scenario that they hid their daughter's body in a coffin could well be true. Never mind the epithet "disgraced cop" and so on. They didn't have to mention the key. The only reason they mention the key is to imply that the McCs may well have disposed of their daughter's body.

Where I'd like to be a fly on the wall is Whitehall. News International pressured David Cameron into okaying the new SY investigation. I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks and Coulson are acquitted. We shall see.

If the McCs lose the libel case, all hell is going to break loose.
re: brooks, coulson, would like to think it would be like "an exchange of prisoners" they get off whilst the Mc's get nicked....

"Quid Pro Quo Clarice Clarence Quid Pro Quo!
I'm reminded of Gerry's repeated 'key piece of information' quotes. At the time people were saying they thought a key was involved in this crime and I thought perhaps it was just a turn of phrase of his. But if what Amaral says is correct, having the key to the church made the entire crime possible.

I'm sure 3A members will remember they had the keys to the church

End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 17:19

@l'idiote wrote:Sorry, Aquila, I meant Fr Pacheco. But please see above for an edit to my post which involves Fr Sedden.
-----------------------------------------------------------

'I was deceived' says the Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann

Last updated at 10:03 18 October 2007

The Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished last night said he had been deceived, it has emerged.

According to reports, Father Jose Manuel Pacheco claimed he had done nothing wrong and was simply "supporting two lost souls."

But, bizarrely, he also appeared to say he had been the victim of some form of deception.

According to the Daily Express, he admitted he had become too close to the couple, still official suspects in the disappearance of their daughter.

"I was deceived," he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488262/I-deceived-says-Portuguese-priest-comforted-Gerry-Kate-McCann.html#ixzz34uj9ICZf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
----------------------------------------------------------

NOT the ONLY one, to be 'deceived', imo.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.06.14 17:24

@l'idiote wrote:Sorry, Aquila, I meant Fr Pacheco. But please see above for an edit to my post which involves Fr Sedden.
Well there are an extraordinary amount of priests involved. UK priests, an Anglican Canadian priest, bishops, cardinals and the Pope.

I'm more interested in the Canadian Anglican 'priest', the one who turned up within a couple of days of Madeleine's disappearance. The one who was already familiar with PDL having worked there before. The one whose wife became bestest friends with KM to the point of turning up in PDL at the libel trial. The one whose family's home was open to the McCanns to visit in Canada. The one who isn't a catholic. The one who arrived in PDL before Madeleine's disappearance, arrived at just the same time, gave incredibly slick media 'interviews', stayed for awhile, left and returned to Canada. The one whose wife speaks Portuguese apparently iirc because there was a priestly call to work in Brazil (something like that).

The one whose laptop and mobile phone was nicked in a burglary.

He's the 'priest' I'm interested in.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 17:25

KEYS TO CHURCH.
-------------------------------------------------------
In the days after Madeleine vanished on May 3, the McCanns, both 39 and devout Catholics, frequently sought refuge at the priest's church.

They became so close to Father Pacheco, he gave them the keys to the tiny building so they could go in to pray whenever they liked.

However, his friendship with the couple appeared to spectacularly backfire after police became convinced Kate had told him she had killed her daughter during confession.

But he has vowed to take whatever she had said to the grave, despite being quizzed by detectives.

Father Pacheco appeared to virtually vanish (abducted?) from the public eye in the weeks after Gerry and Kate were made arguidos - or official suspects.

The pair left Portugal without saying goodbye and handed the church keys to another clergyman.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488262/I-deceived-says-Portuguese-priest-comforted-Gerry-Kate-McCann.html#ixzz34uk8ZRto

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 17:27

@aquila wrote:
Well there are an extraordinary amount of priests involved. UK priests, an Anglican Canadian priest, bishops, cardinals and the Pope.

I'm more interested in the Canadian Anglican 'priest', the one who turned up within a couple of days of Madeleine's disappearance. The one who was already familiar with PDL having worked there before. The one whose wife became bestest friends with KM to the point of turning up in PDL at the libel trial. The one whose family's home was open to the McCanns to visit in Canada. The one who isn't a catholic. The one who arrived in PDL before Madeleine's disappearance, arrived at just the same time, gave incredibly slick media 'interviews', stayed for awhile, left and returned to Canada. The one whose wife speaks Portuguese apparently iirc because there was a priestly call to work in Brazil (something like that).

The one whose laptop and mobile phone was nicked in a burglary.

He's the 'priest' I'm interested in.

Ma SUSAN HUBBARD's OLD MAN!

FATHER HAYNES HUBBARD.

Standing Firm Beside The McCanns Sky News

Father Haynes Hubbard

Kate Sullivan, Sky News Online, Portugal
11:41am UK, Wednesday February 27, 2008

In the four months since Madeleine disappeared, Father Haynes Hubbard has become an expert at giving television interviews.

"Give me some level," the cameraman asked him. And he knew exactly what was needed.

"Five, six, seven, eight, nine?" he replied as the microphone picked up his gentle voice.

But just as Father Hubbard's interview was about to start inside the church where the McCanns have been praying for their daughter, there was a problem: no tape in the camera.

"Oh Jesus," said the cameraman, instantly realising his mistake. Father Hubbard turned away.

Back on track just a minute later and there was another halt to proceedings. Of all people, here were the Girl Guides saying they needed to clean the church.

"We have to respect that," the Father said.

And so the interview was moved outside, into the burning afternoon sun.

By this time a crowd had gathered, waiting to see if they could pick up any hint of another development in the case, and drawn by the smattering of media.

But Father Hubbard didn't even blink at the attention.

In his thoughtful, calm manner he tapped his fingers before answering almost every question.

He was careful of what he said, knowing by now that something that sounds perfectly innocent in speech can sometimes make an eye-catching headline when written down or on camera.

He proves unswerving in his support for the McCanns.

"The whole idea of what the police are suggesting sounds preposterous to me," he said. "The people I know have not harmed their child."

And he should know. Father Hubbard has become a close friend of the McCanns through their ordeal.

"Their sadness has become our sadness," he told Sky News Online. "They are part of our family here - not strangers or pariahs. Like our sister and our brother as Madeleine is like our daughter."

His wife Susan has spent much time with the couple, helping them to look after their twins when they have needed to be elsewhere.

"We stand with them throughout, whatever happens," the priest added.

Father Hubbard says the couple are dealing with the latest developments "as well as you or I would face this situation".

And asked what he thought of the criticism levelled at the McCanns for showing little emotion, he responded bluntly: "I'm not sure what people are wanting.

"Weeping in public won't bring Madeleine back. But speaking, asserting, asking and begging might change a heart somewhere."
---------------------------------------------------

The last time anyone saw him, he was pacing up and down, outside the church in PDL, 'waiting' for the McCanns and their zillions of disciples to arrive, for the 7th 'anniversary' in May 2014!  laughat laughat laughat

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.06.14 17:27

Good article by Nigel Moore re postponements of the trial McCann v Amaral:

http://mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Scroll down a bit ... to "The truth about the McCanns' lie, 17 June 2014"

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on 17.06.14 17:29

@l'idiote wrote:I feel very uncomfortable regarding the church episode(s) and those involving the priest.

Also regarding the recent articles about drunkenness...this from Fr Sedden's statement struck me as very odd:

'Gerry phoned me on the same night and he also seemed to me to be quite traumatised and at the same time very upset and angry. His Scottish accent, which was normally very slight, became so heavy that his sentences were almost incomprehensible.'

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PAUL_SEDDEN.htm

Well spotted.

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by l'idiote on 17.06.14 17:32

Goodness Aquila. I wasn't aware of that one at all.

l'idiote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled on 17.06.14 17:36

Châtelaine wrote:Good article  by Nigel Moore re postponements of the trial McCann v Amaral:

Dear God, what a load of rubbish in those editorials from the Mirror and the Star!

puzzled

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 17:40

BIG THANKS TO NIGEL.

GA's FOUR 'POSTPONEMENTS'.............. OR NOT!

YOU DECIDE!

The truth about the McCanns' lie, 17 June 2014  
The truth about the McCanns' lie mccannfiles

By Nigel Moore
17 June 2014

Yesterday, outside the Palace of Justice, in Lisbon, following the postponement of court proceedings, the 'furious' McCanns raged:

Gerry McCann: "This is the fourth time that this has happened, when we've travelled to Portugal."

Kate McCann: "...this has happened now about four times, as Gerry said this can't be seen as anything but blatant and cynical."

So, no ambiguity there.

Needless to say, the tabloid media were not slow in picking up the McCann baton and running with it. Gary O'Shea (The Sun) was typical of most of the coverage: 'The parents of Madeleine McCann spoke out yesterday after an ex-cop deliberately delayed his libel trial for the FOURTH time.'

But what is the truth?

On 12 September 2013 Kate McCann attended, for no obvious reason, other than to deliver an 'emotional' statement outside the court for the waiting media.

- There was no postponement.

The following day 13 September 2013 Kate McCann attended, as an observer, with her mother who was due to appear as a witness.

- Proceedings were halted at lunch time after the judge failed to return due to a personal issue.

On 27 September 2013 Gerry McCann attended court, with sister Trish Cameron, even though he was not due to appear as a witness.

- Postponed due to illness of Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer's son.

On 02 October 2013 Gerry McCann once again travelled from the UK in the hope of being admitted to the process as a witness, thus allowing him to give evidence. However, the judge decided she would not rule on whether he could give evidence until after October 16.

Kate's mother, Susan Healy, also made the trip, for her second time, but was not allowed to give evidence due to a blunder by the McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte.

On 07 January 2014 the impending libel trial was postponed as Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer filed a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name, as she is a Ward of Court in the UK. He did not ask for any postponement. It was the judge that issued a 15-day deadline for him to submit the relevant documentation.

Afterwards, Isabel Duarte filed a document related to Mr Alan Pike, and asked for a postponement of the session. The McCanns did not travel.

And?

That's it.

- One half-day postponement due to a personal issue relating to the judge.

- One postponement due to the illness of Vitor Santos de Oliveira's son who required hospital treatment.

- One occasion when Kate's mother, Susan Healy, was not heard due to a blunder by the McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte but proceedings were not postponed, as Trish Cameron was heard.

- One postponement at the request of the McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte, when the McCanns did not travel.

In total: Kate travelled once. Gerry travelled twice.

On no occasion were they due to be heard as witnesses - it was their decision to travel.

On no occasion were they denied their 'day in court' due to the postponement of proceedings.

So the accusation that Gonçalo Amaral has manipulated the postponement of the trial for the 'FOURTH time' is a blatant and cynical lie by the McCanns, lapped up without question by the mainstream media.

The truth is, this is the FIRST time (get that, Mr O'Shea?) that a decision by Gonçalo Amaral has directly affected the proceedings.

But then, why tell the truth when you can sell stories?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!

THE McCANN's CAN'T HANDLE THE 'TRUTH'!

(they know all these 'untruths' are going to come back and bite them on their arses, right?)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.06.14 17:43

Châtelaine wrote:Good article  by Nigel Moore re postponements of the trial McCann v Amaral:

Well there you have it - and yesterday's outburst from K&G (I write that as if it's a designer label but then again Madeleine was trademarked) was not correct and was what is to be expected from the Mc's. I'd like to say Team McCann but yesterday I didn't see any evidence of a team.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 17.06.14 17:54

Yes, and Clarence Mitchell has even contributed to the Mirror article under his pseudonym, "The Source".

But a source close to the couple said: “These are sickening allegations that no sane person would believe.

“It’s about time people realised what Mr Amaral is, a liar and a fantasist. He has been making these false claims since he was sacked.

“He is suggesting Kate and Gerry moved Madeleine’s body a month after she vanished.

"At that time they were the most-watched couple in the history of the modern media.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478#ixzz34ug9e5z1

As for being the most watched couple in the media, Stillsloppingout has said the McCanns weren't followed at all when they were in Portugal. They gave carefully scripted interviews and posed for photos and were left alone the rest of the time. In a BBC interview, 9 May 2007, John McCann said the press was "very good... not too intrusive". Clarence Mitchell confirmed this when he said the press were lazy, spent all their time in bars drinking free wine and sat back and copied the Portuguese media. He never made any complaints about the McCanns being followed around PDL allthough, IIRC, there were complaints about them being followed on their return to the UK in September 2007.

9 May 2007
BBC: Yes, I mean, and they'll need an awful lot of support because you... you just wonder how they're able to cope with looking after the twins as well, when all this is going on and there's so much media attention on them.
John McCann  : You're right, it... it is very difficult and you guys have been pretty good actually in terms of, errm... you've not been too intrusive, errr... and been very helpful at getting people to... to rally round and support us and to get information back to the police because, at the end of the day, that's what we need is... is leads to be followed, so that Maddie can get back to us.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id52.html

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.06.14 18:01

@aquila wrote:

Well there you have it - and yesterday's outburst from K&G (I write that as if it's a designer label but then again Madeleine was trademarked) was not correct and was what is to be expected from the Mc's. I'd like to say Team McCann but yesterday I didn't see any evidence of a team.

Well, they dodo (sic) a rather nice, 'Exclusive to US', 'perfume' in their online 'designer' store.

It's called, rather fetchingly,  'Eau de De'ath'. (a full bodied fragrance, for any stressed out holidaying mum)

And it only 'costs' £8million+ for 38 'squirts'!

I'll get me coat.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 17.06.14 18:07

Oh gawd,gobshite Mitchell is back as the source. shutup

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 17.06.14 18:17

Clarence Mitchell's beginning to sound like a parody of himself, TBH.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel on 17.06.14 18:26

@jeanmonroe wrote:

The Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished last night said he had been deceived, it has emerged.

MY REPLY (sorry, can't work out how to make it quote properly!)

I have always been curious about this.  French has the word 'decevoir' which looks like 'deceive', but means 'disappoint'.

I haven't learnt Portuguese - does anyone know what word was used by the priest - and does that word include both meanings?  (i.e. could the priest have been 'disappointed' rather than 'deceived'?)

Galadriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on 17.06.14 18:30

@puzzled wrote:

Dear God, what a load of rubbish in those editorials from the Mirror and the Star!

But the Mirror did get the words guilt and hoax in the articles alongside them and the Star has Negligence at Hospital or Doctors? Advice Line ad.

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.06.14 18:31

@canada12 wrote:Clarence Mitchell's beginning to sound like a parody of himself, TBH.
Go on, treat yourself to his tweets, in the last few days he's promoting coffee outlets in old style phone boxes in Brighton (with a charitable twist) and suggesting the Mayor of London could do the same, a pub in Brighton with a horse and dray turning up to deliver beer during the World Cup (what a jolly wheeze), a retweet of a Tory party something or other about enviro (the spelling mistake was a classic - not Clarrie's mistake it came from the Tory party - see 'tacking').

There's a lovely photo of Clarrie promoting the coffee outlet cum charity outlet in Brighton.

here it is.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.06.14 19:01

@Galadriel wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

MY REPLY (sorry, can't work out how to make it quote properly!)

I have always been curious about this.  French has the word 'decevoir' which looks like 'deceive', but means 'disappoint'.

I haven't learnt Portuguese - does anyone know what word was used by the priest - and does that word include both meanings?  (i.e. could the priest have been 'disappointed' rather than 'deceived'?)

That's a good point, Galadriel. This is what Google translate offers as Portuguese words for "disappoint":
verb
desapontar
disappoint, let down, fail, deceive, frustrate, mock
desiludir
disappoint, disabuse, disillusion, let down, deceive, frustrate

On the other hand, it does beg the question, why did he feel let down, disappointed, frustrated or mocked (if that's what he meant)?

I'm assuming that he knew at the time that the couple admitted to leaving their children home alone, so what else bothered him about them, I wonder (if he did use one of those words)?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum