The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by j.rob on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:09 pm

@canada12 wrote:Kate at her best.
Yesterday, courtesy of the New York Daily News

Not looking quite as perky as during the earlier days/months/years of Madeleine's 'abduction'. 

Still, poor little Madeleine has had so many years in a 'hellish liar' by now.

That Kate must really be feeling it.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:10 pm

@sofieellis wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
Popcorn wrote:
@Galadriel wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

'I was deceived' says the Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann

Last updated at 10:03 18 October 2007

The Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished last night said he had been deceived, it has emerged.

MY REPLY (sorry, can't work out how to make it quote properly!)

I have always been curious about this.  French has the word 'decevoir' which looks like 'deceive', but means 'disappoint'.

I haven't learnt Portuguese - does anyone know what word was used by the priest - and does that word include both meanings?  (i.e. could the priest have been 'disappointed' rather than 'deceived'?)

That's a good point, Galadriel. This is what Google translate offers as Portuguese words for "disappoint":
verb
desapontar
disappoint, let down, fail, deceive, frustrate, mock
desiludir
disappoint, disabuse, disillusion, let down, deceive, frustrate

On the other hand, it does beg the question, why did he feel let down, disappointed, frustrated or mocked (if that's what he meant)?

I'm assuming that he knew at the time that the couple admitted to leaving their children home alone, so what else bothered him about them, I wonder (if he did use one of those words)?

Could it have been that he realised that K & G were not practising Catholics and everything they did with regard to the PDL Church was just for show and he and his Church had been used and abused in order for them to court the media and to fill their Fund.

The church in PDL is both Catholic and Protestant, and from what I have researched, the services are conducted in English.

I think the Catholic services are conducted in Portuguese, but the Anglican services are conducted in English. I read this somewhere earlier today, but I can't remember where now.

sofieellis & sallypelt

The post was about how the priest had been deceived by the McCanns, I can't see how either post regarding whether the services were conducted iin English or Portuguese relates to that discussion.  smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:16 pm

@sallypelt wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
Popcorn wrote:
@Galadriel wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

The Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished last night said he had been deceived, it has emerged.

I have always been curious about this.  French has the word 'decevoir' which looks like 'deceive', but means 'disappoint'.

I haven't learnt Portuguese - does anyone know what word was used by the priest - and does that word include both meanings?  (i.e. could the priest have been 'disappointed' rather than 'deceived'?)

That's a good point, Galadriel. This is what Google translate offers as Portuguese words for "disappoint":
verb
desapontar
desiludir

On the other hand, it does beg the question, why did he feel let down, disappointed, frustrated or mocked (if that's what he meant)?

I'm assuming that he knew at the time that the couple admitted to leaving their children home alone, so what else bothered him about them, I wonder (if he did use one of those words)?

Could it have been that he realised that K & G were not practising Catholics and everything they did with regard to the PDL Church was just for show and he and his Church had been used and abused in order for them to court the media and to fill their Fund.

The church in PDL is both Catholic and Protestant, and from what I have researched, the services are conducted in English.
That was how I read it - their interest and in and adherence to the Anglican services at NSDL, and adherence to HH in particular was something of a disappointing surprise.  Devout Catholics would be expected to adhere firmly to their own religious services whereas it turned out the McCs seemed to prefer the English priest and services.  Perhaps there's more to it than that, but that in it's own right would probably be enough for a priest to feel somewhat deceived, used even.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 pm

@Newintown wrote:
@sofieellis wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
Popcorn wrote:
@Galadriel wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

verb
desapontar
desiludir

I think the Catholic services are conducted in Portuguese, but the Anglican services are conducted in English. I read this somewhere earlier today, but I can't remember where now.

sofieellis & sallypelt

The post was about how the priest had been deceived by the McCanns, I can't see how either post regarding whether the services were conducted iin English or Portuguese relates to that discussion.  smilie

Well, as someone else in the thread has suggested that the Catholic priest might be disappointed by the McCanns snubbing him, in order to follow the Anglican priest, I think the language of the services might be relevant. Most people would, I imagine, prefer to attend a service in their own language, rather than one they can't understand. Also the rules about not straying between the two denominations is much more relaxed these days. Therefore I don't think this particular reason would be enough to upset the catholic priest.

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:27 pm

@j.rob wrote:

Not looking quite as perky as during the earlier days/months/years of Madeleine's 'abduction'. 

IMO Kate looks like a broken women.

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:47 pm

I have only read the last few posts and people are referring to Catholicism 50 years ago. Things are much more relaxed these days. 

The Hubbards role in all this is much deeper than merely a pastoral interest. I have said before I was told the two families are related but have no confirmation of this.

Fr Pacheco is a lovely man and a caring priest who does not speak much English. He did not have a breakdown, he did not disappear.

He was hit by a double whammy if you like, the McCanns and the Hubbards arrival in Luz.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral revoked his lawyer's mandate, McCann couple are "furious" for the umpteenth time

Post by Dutchgirl on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:50 pm

With special thanks to Joana Morais

Gonçalo Amaral revoked his lawyer's mandate, McCann couple are "furious" for the umpteenth time
17 June 2014 | Posted by  Joana Morais 

The hearings that were taking place at the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, at the Palácio da Justiça, had been on hold since October last year, so the parents of the English girl who disappeared in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, in May 2007 could reach an out-of-court settlement with Gonçalo Amaral and the other three defendants.

Since no agreement was reached between Gerry and Kate McCann and the four defendant parties, the judge who presides this court action - action which has caused Gonçalo Amaral's assets to be frozen as a precautionary measure, decided to re-schedule the restart of the sessions for yesterday.

The final allegations that were expected to take place yesterday morning at the 1st civil court in Pálácio da Justiça, were delayed following the delivery of a document at the court registry in which Gonçalo Amaral communicated to have revoked his lawyer's, Dr. Santos de Oliveira, mandate to represent him.

Gonçalo Amaral is alleged to have delivered the document in person at about 9am, however no journalist was able to capture the moment when he went or left the Pálacio da Justiça on film or on photo. The McCann couple arrived 30 minutes later and stayed most of the morning, sitting on a bench in the 3rd floor corridor of the court building.

Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer, Dr. Santos de Oliveira said before the session that he didn't know the reasons that led is client to rescind from his representation, and inside the courtroom he informed the judge that he had been dispensed.

The several defendant and accusation lawyers were then invited by judge Emília Melo e Castro to make statements on whether the trial session should proceed, or be postponed to a later date so Mr. Amaral could seek for the services of a new lawyer. Demissionary lawyer Santos de Oliveira and the other defence lawyers representing the other three parties targeted in the McCann's lawsuit argued that Mr. Amaral, given the process complexity, would need legal representation whilst Dr. Isabel Duarte argued that the trial should proceed regardless.

Dr. Santos de Oliveira [Gonçalo Amaral demissionary lawyer] - He explains that the notification sent to him by Gonçalo Amaral implies that his participation as a lawyer is inhibited: he can't function as the authorised representative of Gonçalo Amaral. He considers that, given the nature of this process, the instruction of a new lawyer is required. Therefore he asks for the suspension of the current session.

Dr. Fátima de Oliveira Esteves [Guerra e Paz book publishers] - She reminds the court of the contradictory principle which is at the core of a civil trial. If the instruction of a new lawyer is required, it can happen only after the notification. Therefore there has to be a delay in order for GA to instruct a new lawyer.

Dr Miguel Coroadinha [TVI, Portuguese TV channel] - He has nothing to add except to express his solidarity with Dr Santos de Oliveira.

Dr. Henrique Costa Pinto [Valentim de Carvalho Productions] - He observes that now the dismissal of Santos de Oliveira's mandate has taken effect, it would not be right to go ahead with the hearing, and is a compelling reason to interrupting it.

Dr. Isabel Duarte [McCann couple] - She observes that the Court was notified of the dismissal only this morning, when her clients had already left the UK (...) and finally states she considers that the hearing must not be suspended but go on with Gonçalo Amaral being asked to constitute a new representative.

Judge Maria Emília de Melo e Castro - (...)She considers more equitable to allow the defendant an adjournment to instruct a new lawyer, under the proviso that if he fails, the process will go on with the proceedings has previously established. Gonçalo Amaral is therefore given 10 days to nominate a new lawyer, reason why the current session cannot proceed.

Adapted from Anne Guedes' report from inside the courtroom

The judge decided for the adjournment of the proceedings foreseen for yesterday, re-scheduling the closing arguments for the 8th and 10th of July. On the 8th the McCann couple's lawyer, Isabel Duarte as well as the defence lawyers of the other three parties will deliver their closing arguments, while the 10th will be dedicated to Gonçalo Amaral's future lawyer closing arguments. The judge also ruled that Gonçalo Amaral has 10 days to hire a new lawyer.

After the session, outside Pálacio da Justiça, lawyer Dr. Santos de Oliveira answered the journalists questions [see transcript bellow/to follow], expressing a mix of surprise and disappointment, and also rejecting that this had been a concerted strategy between him and his client to delay the trial.

Kate and Gerry McCann appeared considerably later outside and gave a awaited press statement accusing Mr. Amaral of postponing the trial four times, causing them distress since they had "to make arrangements for our children to be looked after, we have to book flights, we have to book hotels, we have to take time off work to come here".

The couple failed to mention that they had travelled on four previous separate occasions to Portugal to accompany their own witnesses when they had not been called to testify and had no compulsory reason to be present at the Lisbon court at all.

In one of those times, the afternoon session was postponed due to a personal impediment of the judge, the other was Santos de Oliveira's request for an adjournment due to a urgent family matter.

On 7th of January Santos de Oliveira filed a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name since the child had been made a Ward of Court in the United Kingdom. Dr. Isabel Duarte, on the same session, filed a document that is related to Mr. Alan Pike, and asked for a postponement of that days session.

The fourth postponement was due to the McCanns themselves since they requested time to reach an out-of-court settlement with the four defending parties and the fifth, yesterday, and for the first time directly due to Gonçalo Amaral's rescission of his lawyer mandate.

In this action, the McCann couple seeks compensation of EUR1.2 million from the former coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Judiciary Police of Portimão who investigated Madeleine's disappearance on May 3, 2007, alleging that the rights, freedoms and guarantees of the family have been violated.

In the book 'Maddie - The Truth of the Lie', written by Gonçalo Amaral, the former PJ inspector defends the involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann in the disappearance of their daughter and in the concealment of her body.

Santos de Oliveira statements to the press

Luís Maia [SIC reporter/LM] - Good afternoon, this was a morning full of surprises. First we learned that Gonçalo Amaral had revoked his lawyer's mandate, the lawyer that had defended him so far, Dr. Víctor Santos de Oliveira who spoke with us. Then all lawyers were in a meeting for several hours with the judge, to try to figure out what solution to give to this situation. The meeting lasted for quite a while, first there was a short session that lasted about 10 minutes, then followed another that lasted well over one hour. It was decided that today there wouldn't be any further proceedings. After, upon leaving the courtroom, Víctor Santos de Oliveira expressed his surprise for the decision of his client and said that this was not a strategy planned by the two of them. Let's watch the statements of Víctor Santos de Oliveira.

Luis Garriapa, another reporter from SIC TV channel [LG] - Was this a concerted decision?

Víctor Santos de Oliveira [VSO] - Absolutely not, it was not a concerted decision. I am not aware of the reasons that led to his decision but I presume that it was a decision essentially intimate from my client, basically a private matter that I don't know about, I don't have the slightest idea, however it's a decision that parties have the right to make at all times.

LG - Do you believe that it was a strategy to delay the trial?

VSO - No, I don't believe in that at all. That would be... A strategy like that would be a very ill thought strategy.

LG - Did you fall out with your client?

VSO - It has nothing to do with that, whatsoever, it's just a situation where my client has decided like that, on his own, it's his problem.

LG - Were you surprised by it?

VSO - Evidently. When a defence was already done, when there is a work done on this process, when we have accomplished milestones in the process namely the restitution of the book sales - which was achieved by this defence [meaning him], and also to successfully prove that the McCanns at the moment when they brought this action in their daughter's name, they could not have done it. Today that is more than completely established, it's obvious that his decision came as a surprise. One of the important milestones of this process, in my view, was - it wasn't one, but two - it was effectively to restitute the books so they could be sold, supported in the ruling of the Court of Appeals, that clearly states that the McCanns exposed themselves in the media by their own free will, thus becoming subject to the scrutiny of everyone. Thus it wouldn't make sense to ban the books. And there, the work of the defence was to put the books back on sale and that was fully achieved.

The second is related to a Ward of Court which means that who ultimately has the responsibility and the tutelage of the child is the English High Court. This fact was already known to the McCanns at the moment when they filled this lawsuit. It's a shame that this wasn't done immediately at start by the previous defence lawyer but now that is established and proven, so much so that there is an official decision which gives the McCanns 30 days to get the records of the English Court’s authorization under penalty of absolving the defendant Gonçalo Amaral on the request made on behalf of the missing child, the unfortunate Maddie McCann, obviously. But that is done, it's good...

LM - What is going to happen now?

VSO - ... When one leaves a process, and leaves things to be done that's not good ...

LM - [asks the same question again] What is going to happen now?

Another [unknown] reporter Was it a delaying strategy?

VSO - I don't believe that it was a delaying strategy. I really don't. I'm not even going to answer to a question formulated in that way, I don't believe it and I will not comment if it was a delaying strategy, I simply don't believe that.

LM - [asks the same question for the third time] What is going to happen now?

VSO - What's going to happen now is that the defendant Gonçalo Amaral has 10 days - following a decision based on equity and justice by the court - to appoint a new mandatory [lawyer] to represent him in the lawsuit, attach that information to the process record. Then, his declarations and the McCanns closing statements will be heard.

Dutchgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by End on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 pm

I think the priest felt decieved when he discovered what they had actually done behind his back. Perhaps he had gave them the keys to have their own private midnight vigils, to discover later something else was taking place.

End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:58 pm

And as for Clarence, where they f...k the most watched couple in the history blah, blah, blah!

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:04 pm

I have a beautician friend in London who says Kate is being "made down" with cosmetics to look so rough. Check her out on certain TV appearances like Crimewatch too. Since she commented on this I have looked at old pictures and she is right. 
Her hair is also being styled to make her long face look drawn.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where are the McCanns today?

Post by Jauna Loca on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi folks, any news re the McCanns today? Did they come home from Portugal last night? Did they do another
press conference in the UK when they came home? Or are they still over there?

Jauna Loca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:07 pm

@Jauna Loca wrote:Hi folks, any news re the McCanns today? Did they come home from Portugal last night? Did they do another
press conference in the UK when they came home? Or are they still over there?

Have merged your thread here Jauna Loca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 pm

@Praia wrote:I have a beautician friend in London who says Kate is being "made down" with cosmetics to look so rough. Check her out on certain TV appearances like Crimewatch too. Since she commented on this I have looked at old pictures and she is right. 

I don't normally comment (or even notice) on things regarding to Kate's appearance but that Crimewatch appearance is really memorable. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to achieve that bedraggled scarecrow look!

Back to top Go down

Post by End on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:11 pm

@Praia wrote:I have a beautician friend in London who says Kate is being "made down" with cosmetics to look so rough. Check her out on certain TV appearances like Crimewatch too. Since she commented on this I have looked at old pictures and she is right. 

But why would she appear positively stunning at times ...like ..I think it was the Swedish chat show? I personally though stress came on her in the last few years

End

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Have a look at pictures taken at the Missing People run, at the twins athletics, at Everton FC.
When she runs she obviously has little or no make up on and looks much better.

My friend said the eyes are made up to sink back in her face with the bags.

I don't care how she looks but there is a cynical side to everything they do in public.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 pm

@Praia wrote:Have a look at pictures taken at the Missing People run, at the twins athletics, at Everton FC.

I agree Praia: note the unflattering grey-coloured dress for the court hearing; a colour that few can wear successfully. Whereas dressed for her runs with a pink bib on, the pink reflects into her face and enhances her appearance.

Then there was the curious outfit at the birthday commemoration in Rothley, where she looked as though she had thrown old clothes on, but as far as I remember, didn't look unhealthily pale, again I think because of a pink top reflecting colour into her face.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Rolling Eyes 
@Praia wrote:Have a look at pictures taken at the Missing People run, at the twins athletics, at Everton FC.

I don't care how she looks but there is a cynical side to everything they do in public.

When I was a teenager (many, many years ago I thought bags under the eyes made people look interesting. My friend had mauve shadows under her eyes and I wanted some too so I used to brush them in with eyeshadow. I did such a good job that my mum got worried and said I needed to see the doctor  Rolling Eyes

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:30 pm

@Beanie wrote:
@j.rob wrote:

Which is exactly the impression she intended to convey, Beanie, and one which is in marked contrast to her appearance a couple of weeks when she ran a few kms on Clapham Commom with her spouse and with her very good pal Rachel Oldfield watching her back bravely bringing up the rear.  I say 'bravely' because there's no way I'd want to be downwind of this pair, or upwind for that matter.  yes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swannie on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:50 pm

@Miraflores wrote:
I agree Praia: note the unflattering grey-coloured dress for the court hearing; a colour that few can wear successfully.

Kate: "And now I've got to f- - - ing go shopping and waste more f - - - ing money on another f - - - ing unflattering outfit for the next f - - - ing court hearing, just because of that f - - - ing tosser!!"

Swannie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:53 pm

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@l'idiote wrote:Sorry, Aquila, I meant Fr Pacheco. But please see above for an edit to my post which involves Fr Sedden.
Well there are an extraordinary amount of priests involved. UK priests, an Anglican Canadian priest, bishops, cardinals and the Pope.

I'm more interested in the Canadian Anglican 'priest', the one who turned up within a couple of days of Madeleine's disappearance. The one who was already familiar with PDL having worked there before. The one whose wife became bestest friends with KM to the point of turning up in PDL at the libel trial. The one whose family's home was open to the McCanns to visit in Canada. The one who isn't a catholic. The one who arrived in PDL before Madeleine's disappearance, arrived at just the same time, gave incredibly slick media 'interviews', stayed for awhile, left and returned to Canada. The one whose wife speaks Portuguese apparently iirc because there was a priestly call to work in Brazil (something like that).

The one whose laptop and mobile phone was nicked in a burglary.

He's the 'priest' I'm interested in.

Ma SUSAN HUBBARD's OLD MAN!

FATHER HAYNES HUBBARD.

Standing Firm Beside The McCanns Sky News

Father Haynes Hubbard

Kate Sullivan, Sky News Online, Portugal
11:41am UK, Wednesday February 27, 2008

In the four months since Madeleine disappeared, Father Haynes Hubbard has become an expert at giving television interviews.

"Give me some level," the cameraman asked him. And he knew exactly what was needed.

"Five, six, seven, eight, nine?" he replied as the microphone picked up his gentle voice.

But just as Father Hubbard's interview was about to start inside the church where the McCanns have been praying for their daughter, there was a problem: no tape in the camera.

"Oh Jesus," said the cameraman, instantly realising his mistake. Father Hubbard turned away.

Back on track just a minute later and there was another halt to proceedings. Of all people, here were the Girl Guides saying they needed to clean the church.

"We have to respect that," the Father said.

And so the interview was moved outside, into the burning afternoon sun.

By this time a crowd had gathered, waiting to see if they could pick up any hint of another development in the case, and drawn by the smattering of media.

But Father Hubbard didn't even blink at the attention.

In his thoughtful, calm manner he tapped his fingers before answering almost every question.

He was careful of what he said, knowing by now that something that sounds perfectly innocent in speech can sometimes make an eye-catching headline when written down or on camera.

He proves unswerving in his support for the McCanns.

"The whole idea of what the police are suggesting sounds preposterous to me," he said. "The people I know have not harmed their child."

And he should know. Father Hubbard has become a close friend of the McCanns through their ordeal.

"Their sadness has become our sadness," he told Sky News Online. "They are part of our family here - not strangers or pariahs. Like our sister and our brother as Madeleine is like our daughter."

His wife Susan has spent much time with the couple, helping them to look after their twins when they have needed to be elsewhere.

"We stand with them throughout, whatever happens," the priest added.

Father Hubbard says the couple are dealing with the latest developments "as well as you or I would face this situation".

And asked what he thought of the criticism levelled at the McCanns for showing little emotion, he responded bluntly: "I'm not sure what people are wanting.

"Weeping in public won't bring Madeleine back. But speaking, asserting, asking and begging might change a heart somewhere."
---------------------------------------------------

The last time anyone saw him, he was pacing up and down, outside the church in PDL, 'waiting' for the McCanns and their zillions of disciples to arrive, for the 7th 'anniversary' in May 2014!  laughat laughat laughat

Would this be the same 'Father' Hubbard, whose sworn testimony as a man of the cloth would no doubt carry considerably more weight than that of his wife but who remained ministering to his frocks flocks in Canada while Mother Hubbard took the stand in Lisbon to lament the immense distress caused to her pals by that nasty man Dr Amaral having the temerity to write a book which, it is alleged by the McCanns, harmed the rate at which donations poured into their lifestyle fund the search for Madeleine, jeanm?

If so, it would seem the Rev Haynes 'unswerving support' for his 'sister and brother' caused him to skid off the highway when the prospect of testifying on oath came into his view.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:58 pm

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Beanie wrote:
@j.rob wrote:

Which is exactly the impression she intended to convey, Beanie, and one which is in marked contrast to her appearance a couple of weeks when she ran a few kms on Clapham Commom with her spouse and with her very good pal Rachel Oldfield watching her back bravely bringing up the rear.  I say 'bravely' because there's no way I'd want to be downwind of this pair, or upwind for that matter.  yes

I know nothing of make up tricks, but look at her forehead and her neck: those lines are not make up, unless she's hired a prosthetics artist. My 70-year-old mum has smoother skin. This will partly be down to genetics, but I do feel that the pressure of the past seven years has taken its toll on Kate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Better get Meryl Streep signed up to play her for the movie then. I wonder who would play Gerry?

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

@Praia wrote:I have only read the last few posts and people are referring to Catholicism 50 years ago. Things are much more relaxed these days. 

The Hubbards role in all this is much deeper than merely a pastoral interest. I have said before I was told the two families are related but have no confirmation of this.

Fr Pacheco is a lovely man and a caring priest who does not speak much English. He did not have a breakdown, he did not disappear.

He was hit by a double whammy if you like, the McCanns and the Hubbards arrival in Luz.

@Praia - I am very interested in this with reference to the mystery poster on Cristobell's blog:-  (http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9349-comment-left-on-cristobell-s-blog).

In particular who this refers to:-

"Here's three apposite songs that remind me of all of you, yes all of you, we know how you are all related now, especially the real biological cousin
"

Could this be a reference to the Hubbards I wonder - do you mind if I take this and discuss it further on the relevant hread as don't want to go off topic here.

All in my own opinion, noting stated as fact

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 pm

This will partly be down to genetics, but I do feel that the pressure of the past seven years has taken its toll on Kate.

Yes, it has taken it's toll, particularly over the last year or so, but was this down to Amaral's book, or is it a consequence of living a lie for seven years?
When the McCanns go on about people searching for Madeleine, what exactly do they expect them to do?This is regardless of whether we have read the book or not. E.g. the age progressed photo could be of any number of girls of 8-12 years old, so who would we be looking for, and where?

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Popcorn wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
@Beanie wrote:
@j.rob wrote:

I know nothing of make up tricks, but look at her forehead and her neck: those lines are not make up, unless she's hired a prosthetics artist. My 70-year-old mum has smoother skin. This will partly be down to genetics, but I do feel that the pressure of the past seven years has taken its toll on Kate.

I agree popcorn. Perhaps the charity run pictures are less brutally sharp than these media shots...but these people look to me like they are being eaten from the inside out by what they've done, what they're holding in. Of course I don't know exactly what the did then; I just know that everything they've done since has been rotten to the core. Their anger and their need to destroy anyone who gets close to whatever it is they think is secret is destroying them. I wonder how many of you think forward to a time in the future when the truth has finally emerged, when you look back at these pictures and say "I KNEW all along that they were involved...just look at those faces"?

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum