The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial Postponement: The Truth about the McCanns' Lie - by Nigel Moore.

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial Postponement: The Truth about the McCanns' Lie - by Nigel Moore.

Post by Woofer on 18.06.14 8:57

@ Cordelia - "Good morning bobbin, nice try but nah LOl I would think Amaral had  been ruminating over the upcoming Trial, mad that the McCanns were  making a Statement but not being interrogated, that SY had kindly provided evidence that a search had not revealed Madeleine's body , convinced himself that the Judge had been advised of the search in January and asked not to arrange another date until the search was over , got p****ed and in a fit of pique sacked his lawyers ...how does that sound.   "

Cordelia - makes me wonder how much you know about the case and Dr. Amaral, even if you are just joking.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Postponement: The Truth about the McCanns' Lie - by Nigel Moore.

Post by sami on 18.06.14 9:09

I believe Amaral had good reason to do what he did.  It will become clear eventually why it happened.

That said, the Judge agreed to the request, therefore he was obviously well within his legal right to do this.  There is a lot at stake for him personally, he should do whatever it is he feels necessary to get the best possible outcome for himself.  He has given up everything for the past seven years, while that pair have wandered around the world looking under stones.  

He has to put himself and his family first for once and if that means inconveniencing a few people for a day, well toughskie shitskie.

Good luck to him.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia on 18.06.14 9:16

Kevmack, 

I only joined yesterday so still trying to understand procedure , just saw the "post a reply" . I thought a Forum Member could express an opinion openly, are  you suggesting that only pro Amaral posts  are allowed ??? I am definitely not for the McCanns nor against Amaral  but even you must admit his behaviour when he was in such a strong position has been bizarre.

Cordelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.06.14 9:20

I see there's another disruption about to happen in the 'I'm a newbie, doesn't everyone have the right to an opinion', 'is this forum biased'

What a shame. I hope it's nipped in the bud soon.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 18.06.14 9:21

@Cordelia wrote:Kevmack, 

I only joined yesterday so still trying to understand procedure , just saw the "post a reply" . I thought a Forum Member could express an opinion openly, are  you suggesting that only pro Amaral posts  are allowed ??? I am definitely not for the McCanns nor against Amaral  but even you must admit his behaviour when he was in such a strong position has been bizarre.
No Problem Cordelia, of course you can have any opinion you want,  but your post came across in a very mocking way, even your suggestion that somehow Amaral could have phoned the judge on a Saturday to let her know out of courtesy, when if you read my post on the subject, that just wouldn't be possible as well as being highly inappropriate

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 18.06.14 9:23

And it wasn't the Post Reply button you used, it was the Quote one, but no worries

:)

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 18.06.14 9:24

@Cordelia wrote:..........  but even you must admit his behaviour when he was in such a strong position has been bizarre.

Perhaps if the reason behind the decision was known it might not be bizarre.  To fire his lawyer because he did not like the colour of his tie would be bizarre.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 18.06.14 9:28

You can come here all you like and diss Dr. Amaral, but when you do, don`t expect anyone to agree with you. As I said, the motives you proposed for GA do not fit with his character.  That`s why I queried if you knew anything about him at all.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia on 18.06.14 9:43

Kevinmack, 

point taken , I will say no more until we all get to know what really happened. That means i won't be able to post at all.....just joking duh

Cordelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia on 18.06.14 9:53

@Woofer wrote:

You can come here all you like and diss Dr. Amaral, but when you do, don`t expect anyone to agree with you. As I said, the motives you proposed for GA do not fit with his character.  That`s why I queried if you knew anything about him at all.

Yes, I do actually but have no intention of repeating what I know . When you think about it, after 7 years we are no nearer knowing what exactly happened on that night . The Portugese Prosecutor a long time ago asked a Judge if there was enough evidence to go to Trial , the Judge said "show me the body"

Cordelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 18.06.14 9:56

from cordelias post
Yes, I do actually but have no intention of repeating what I know . When you think about it, after 7 years we are no nearer knowing what exactly happened on that night . The Portugese Prosecutor a long time ago asked a Judge if there was enough evidence to go to Trial , the Judge said "show me the body"

are you sure it was the PP who said ,show me the body?

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 18.06.14 9:58

@aquila wrote:It's not known why GA sacked his lawyer but it will no doubt become apparent in due course.

As GA's assets are frozen and have been for quite some time, I can't help but have an inward smile and surmise that GA is not the one in a hurry for money. He's managed to survive even after all the incredible attempts to destroy his reputation, his family life and his livelihood. He still has friends, family and a great deal of support and respect from many, many people in many different countries.

The McCanns, however may be in much more of a hurry for money and it's the reports of money being 'folded back into the search' (whatever that means) that are fascinating. I can't help but wonder if the Fund (Ltd Company) is now desperate to claw back monies spent on legal fees. I am under the impression TM thought this would be a slam-dunk case and they've been sorely disappointed at the tenacity of Sr Amaral and his co-accused.

Whatever GA's reasons to sack his lawyer at this late stage, it was his right to do so and as he's shown himself to act with dignity at every stage of the trial it's only right imo that he offered up the relevant documentation to the court at the appropriate time and did not hang around to make a fuss or to give an interview.

GA lost his home for this debacle. He's already lost his home. K&G lost their daughter and are still living in the same house, still using other people's money for their 'search' and to my knowledge (I stand to be corrected) haven't spent a single penny of their own money. Wouldn't it be great PR if they could show that they have a direct debit from their personal bank account that has regularly paid X amount into the Fund since the day of its inception. That at least would put them on a par with the OAP's and the children who donated selflessly.

K&G's outburst outside the court was a PR disaster for them. The interview they gave was THEIR choice. They could have simply appeared on the steps and said 'there's been a legal delay, the proceedings have been postponed' and wafted back home to Blighty and 'kick the cat' in privacy. That would have been the correct and dignified thing to do.

Go get 'em Goncalo is the call. I think he may well have done.

Very well said aquila !!

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey on 18.06.14 10:02

CORDELIA WROTE - The Portugese Prosecutor a long time ago asked a Judge if there was enough evidence to go to Trial , the Judge said "show me the body"

Do you have a reference link to that exact quote please?

Not heard that before in that context.

fossey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deafoldbat on 18.06.14 10:04

Good post from Aquila above :)

deafoldbat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia on 18.06.14 10:11

Tiny and fossey, yes I am sure, it was the Public Prosecutor and reported in the Press, it was a long time ago so you are going to dig back on mccannfiles 

I would say about 5 years ago. 

Have to go out now....catch up later.

Cordelia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 18.06.14 10:12

Cordelia - can you type your replies below the tinted box which contains the quote you`re replying to, thanks.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 18.06.14 10:25

@Cordelia wrote:Tiny and fossey, yes I am sure, it was the Public Prosecutor and reported in the Press, it was a long time ago so you are going to dig back on mccannfiles 

well I must say I have never heard this before and I think if it was the PP who said this I would have remembered,so I wont be spending time looking for this as I think you have it wrong.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joel27 on 18.06.14 10:35

@Woofer wrote:

I have to admit Kevmack is not the only one to find Dr Amaral actions bizarre I have already expressed a view that I worry that he is being played,by some. The strength of his case was always that all the information contained in the book was in the  police files.Over recent times this strength has been weakened with the comments on the missing witness and the coffin story, now he may well have information that backs this up I hope so. However it must be water tight and without question. When I say played I can see a case where he is being fed dud information the pressure on him to prove without doubt in the court case is strong and he must remain sound in his use of any new information.

joel27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 18.06.14 10:43

I would,nt worry about Dr Amaral ,i am sure he knows what he is doing and I am sure he would not bring any more pressure on himself,please have faith that that he is doing the right thing in this case.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 18.06.14 10:46

@joel27 wrote:
@Woofer wrote:

I have to admit Kevmack is not the only one to find Dr Amaral actions bizarre I have already expressed a view that I worry that he is being played,by some. The strength of his case was always that all the information contained in the book was in the  police files.Over recent times this strength has been weakened with the comments on the missing witness and the coffin story, now he may well have information that backs this up I hope so. However it must be water tight and without question. When I say played I can see a case where he is being fed dud information the pressure on him to prove without doubt in the court case is strong and he must remain sound in his use of any new information.

With all those years of knowledge ( police) behind him I do not believe Mr Amaral would allow himself to be " played"   There is so much at stake here that I would imagine he would be very very sure of his facts before he would jeopardise everything he has worked towards for all these years.

Other more informed and excellent posters here have been here a long time and I think their excellent posts and knowledge about Mr Amaral  are far better expressed and written better than any I could put forward .

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 18.06.14 10:55

@tiny wrote:
@Cordelia wrote:Tiny and fossey, yes I am sure, it was the Public Prosecutor and reported in the Press, it was a long time ago so you are going to dig back on mccannfiles 

well I must say I have never heard this before and I think if it was the PP who said this I would have remembered,so I wont be spending time looking for this as I think you have it wrong.
It was Gerry who said show me the body !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 18.06.14 10:59

@jozi wrote:
@tiny wrote:

With respect jozi  I think he actually said " Find the body "    I certainly dont remember the PJ or judge saying  "show me the body" as Cordelia seems to think.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 18.06.14 11:03

@joel27 wrote:I have to admit Kevmack is not the only one to find Dr Amaral actions bizarre I have already expressed a view that I worry that he is being played,by some. The strength of his case was always that all the information contained in the book was in the  police files.Over recent times this strength has been weakened with the comments on the missing witness and the coffin story, now he may well have information that backs this up I hope so. However it must be water tight and without question. When I say played I can see a case where he is being fed dud information the pressure on him to prove without doubt in the court case is strong and he must remain sound in his use of any new information.

Surely the Judge will base her decision on the information before her in the current case - did the book harm the search and cause pain and suffering to the McCann family.  No it did not, IMO, the book is nothing more than an idiots guide to the PJ files.  

I don't believe the Judge can make a decision, or take account of, comments made by or attributed to Amaral last week or last month.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 18.06.14 11:17

@missmar1 wrote:
@jozi wrote:
@tiny wrote:

With respect jozi  I think he actually said " Find the body "    I certainly dont remember the PJ or judge saying  "show me the body" as Cordelia seems to think.

I don't there ever was a direct quote. The words appear to have been paraphrased from quote from a friend of the McCanns.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 18.06.14 11:23

@SixMillionQuid wrote:
I don't there ever was a direct quote. The words appear to have been paraphrased from quote from a friend of the McCanns.

I thought this came from Gerry's interview with Sandra Figueres - the 'ask the dogs' one. Am I wrong here?

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum