The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial Postponement: The Truth about the McCanns' Lie - by Nigel Moore.

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial Postponement: The Truth about the McCanns' Lie - by Nigel Moore.

Post by fossey on 18.06.14 11:34

This is a good one.

Clarence saying.

'If Madeleine is dead. Then Kate and Gerry simply say PROVE IT. Nobody can'

Incidentally if anyone watches this video can you tell me what the background song is. Really like it. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4RDJLMgdWM&feature=youtu.be

fossey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial Postponement: The Truth about the McCanns' Lie - by Nigel Moore.

Post by missmar1 on 18.06.14 11:39

@Cordelia wrote:
@kevmack wrote:
Good morning bobbin, nice try but nah LOl I would think Amaral had  been ruminating over the upcoming Trial, mad that the McCanns were  making a Statement but not being interrogated, that SY had kindly provided evidence that a search had not revealed Madeleine's body , convinced himself that the Judge had been advised of the search in January and asked not to arrange another date until the search was over , got p****ed and in a fit of pique sacked his lawyers ...how does that sound. 

Cordelia....I doubt it...

Morning kevmack, anything is possible in this case LOL  Amaral and his legal Team had almost 5 months to get together and since this was meant to be a closing date made sure they were prepared.Amaral, as a former  Senior Detective on the case would have been able to supply the comparatively new team with all the relevant information to support his case , for example the Ward of Court  anomoly which he should have noted a long time ago.

Just a thought Cordelia.....wouldn't the Mccann's lawyer have known what papers ( court woc ) the Mccann's would need when they first set out on this libel trial ?     She has had YEARS to prepare for the final stage !   

If it turns out she didn't know about the need for those papers then, as their lawyer, imo she should have done her homework better.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.06.14 11:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXCRskhLfEA&feature=kp

This is the song, Fossey.

It can also be taken as a creepy song about stalkers though!

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey on 18.06.14 11:48

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXCRskhLfEA&feature=kp

This is the song, Fossey.

It can also be taken as a creepy song about stalkers though!
Cheers for that.

Ha - I guess it could be taken that way. I thought of it more as a relaxing, chilled out, feet up, glass of wine sort of song. 

My music taste according to others has always been questionable though.

fossey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.06.14 11:58

It's probably down to my "sod off and leave me alone" attitude to life that makes this seems creepy to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 18.06.14 12:00

@missmar1 wrote:
Just a thought Cordelia.....wouldn't the Mccann's lawyer have known what papers ( court woc ) the Mccann's would need when they first set out on this libel trial ?     She has had YEARS to prepare for the final stage !   
 If it turns out she didn't know about the need for those papers then, as their lawyer, imo she should have done her homework better.

But we also remember the finest Libel Lawyers in the world, who had also had YEARS to prepare, and had gone to the trouble and expense of preparing a sworn affidavit . . had NO EVIDENCE to put before the Court of Abduction.

However good the lawyer, however mendacious the spokesman, however hard they may try, they cannot create Facts where there are none.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 18.06.14 12:00

@sami wrote:
@joel27 wrote:I have to admit Kevmack is not the only one to find Dr Amaral actions bizarre I have already expressed a view that I worry that he is being played,by some. The strength of his case was always that all the information contained in the book was in the  police files.Over recent times this strength has been weakened with the comments on the missing witness and the coffin story, now he may well have information that backs this up I hope so. However it must be water tight and without question. When I say played I can see a case where he is being fed dud information the pressure on him to prove without doubt in the court case is strong and he must remain sound in his use of any new information.

Surely the Judge will base her decision on the information before her in the current case - did the book harm the search and cause pain and suffering to the McCann family.  No it did not, IMO, the book is nothing more than an idiots guide to the PJ files.  

I don't believe the Judge can make a decision, or take account of, comments made by or attributed to Amaral last week or last month.
Precisely Sami. The judge decides within the law on the basis of what has been presented in court and on nothing else - unless of course the judge is either incompetent or corrupt.  I think there has been far too much discussion based on the premise that "The judge will have noticed this" or "The judge will know all about this." This is a legal, court based contest only. Everything else is irrelevant or should be. On the basis of the law and what has been presented in court, there is barely a case for GA to answer and in an English court at the end of the evidence giving, GA's legal team may well have suggested that to the judge inviting her to stop the case on that basis.

What makes GA's intervention odd yesterday is that the evidence has all been given, the witnesses have all been examined and cross examined. There is very little of the court process left - the Mcs statements, GA's statement if he decides to make one and then the lawyers' final statements. There is very little that GA or any new lawyer can do to steer or influence the case from here on. In 10 days time it is difficult to see that anything can have changed. The course is already fixed and set.

The idea that game changing new evidence will emerge, forensic results will be published etc. holds no water because none of it is relevant to the case - unless it is so authoritative and so fundamentally undermining the Mcs already flimsy case that it would be a miscarriage of justice not to allow it to be submitted to the court like in a criminal case if someone else has just confessed to the crime.

I struggle to find any rationale for GA's actions but like everyone else, I hope that there is one.

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 18.06.14 12:44

@Miraflores wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
I don't think there ever was a direct quote. The words appear to have been paraphrased from quote from a friend of the McCanns.

I thought this came from Gerry's interview with Sandra Figueres - the 'ask the dogs' one. Am I wrong here?
He says ask the dogs but nothing about finding a body.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/11/gerry-mccann-ask-dogs-sandra.html

I think the quote came from a newspaper article in 2007

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/5sep7/Express-13-09-07.htm

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perpendicular circus on 18.06.14 12:54

I thought the judge had only agreed to allow one further statement, from GM ?  Was GA definitely permitted and expected  to make a personal statement ? 

Because if the court had ruled he could not make closing statement in his defence , then sacking his lawyer might well be a way to circumvent this.  In UK law you are allowed to act as your own lawyer , should you choose , if in 10 days time he says he has not been able to appoint a new defence team , would he then be allowed to take up his own defence and be the one to make closing arguments and also direct questions to GM through the judge?

perpendicular circus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.06.14 13:03

"LIBEL TRIAL IS HELD UP"!

World Exclusiff.

By IVOR LIEDALOT.

I can reveal, exclusiffly, that a libel trial, in Portugal, was held up, yesterday.
It is my understanding that two British robbers may have been involved.
Due to the international nature of the crime, i can exclusiffly reveal a significant developement in solving this hold up.
The UK Scotland Yard are assembling an elite team of 38 experienced Metropoodlitan Officers, on standby, to go to Portugal at a moments notice.

The DCI in charge, DCI Mahogany, said 'with the possibility, or possibly not, of 2 British robbers being involved, or not, I have been tasked with finding out what may, or may not, have happened at the libel trial hold up. It is my understanding that SY received an ILOR earlier today from Portuguese Authorities, requesting our help, due to the fact that they had never, ever, seen anything like it, in their lives'

DCI Mahogany added 'the entire operation, Operation Clearum, will be funded at the UK taxpayers expense. A reward of 1p has been set up for information received leading to an arrest or conviction of the alleged 2 British  'suspects' who could, or could not, have been involved, in the hold up'

My exclusiff sauce has told me that the elite Operartion Clearum team already have 1,000 possible persons of interest on their radar, and wish to interview these people to eliminate them, or not, from their enquiries.

DCI Mahogany also told me, exclusiffly, that he felt 'extremely privileged and delighted' to be leading the elite team, in what he says 'could be the crime of the century'

It has emerged that the alleged 2 British robbers may have been targeting the over £1million possibly being held in sequestrated funds at the libel trial offices.

GO GET 'EM MAHOG!
-------------------------------------------

Little bit silly, i know, bit bored (and running low on meds!.)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 18.06.14 13:14

Oh Jeanmonroe, big grin you sure do brighten up a dreary day big grin

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 18.06.14 13:14

@jeanmonroe wrote:"LIBEL TRIAL IS HELD UP"!

World Exclusiff.

By IVOR LIEDALOT.

I can reveal, exclusiffly, that a libel trial, in Portugal, was held up, yesterday.
It is my understanding that two British robbers may have been involved.
Due to the international nature of the crime, i can exclusiffly reveal a significant developement in solving this hold up.
The UK Scotland Yard are assembling an elite team of 38 experienced Metropoodlitan Officers, on standby, to go to Portugal at a moments notice.

The DCI in charge, DCI Mahogany, said 'with the possibility, or possibly not, of 2 British robbers being involved, or not, I have been tasked with finding out what may, or may not, have happened at the libel trial hold up. It is my understanding that SY received an ILOR earlier today from Portuguese Authorities, requesting our help, due to the fact that they had never, ever, seen anything like it, in their lives.

DCI Mahogany added 'the entire operation, Operation Clearum, will be funded at the UK taxpayers expense. A reward of 1p has been set up for information received leading to an arrest or conviction of the alleged 2 British  'suspects' who could, or could not, have been involved, in the hold up'

My exclusiff sauce has told me that the elite Operartion Clearum team already have 1,000 possible persons of interest on their radar, and wish to interview these people to eliminate them, or not, from their enquiries.

DCI Mahogany also told me, exclusiffly, that he felt 'extremely privileged and delighted' to be leading the elite team, in what he says 'could be the crime of the century'

It has emerged that the 2 British robbers may have been targeting the over £1million possibly being held in sequestrated funds at the libel trial offices.

GO GET 'EM MAHOG!
-------------------------------------------

Little bit silly, i know, bit bored (and running low on meds!.)

spit coffee 
It makes as much sense as anything else I've read on this case.

If he stood on that scrubland much longer he'd take root. Mind you, he could be then turned to some use - like a mahogany sideboard to rival my old gran's. Bloody expensive sideboard though, even without any "nicks".

He'd probably leave an apology in one of the drawers "Sorry, I've only been and managed to scratch the surface."

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 18.06.14 13:49

@perpendicular circus wrote:I thought the judge had only agreed to allow one further statement, from GM ?  Was GA definitely permitted and expected  to make a personal statement ? 

Because if the court had ruled he could not make closing statement in his defence , then sacking his lawyer might well be a way to circumvent this.  In UK law you are allowed to act as your own lawyer , should you choose , if in 10 days time he says he has not been able to appoint a new defence team , would he then be allowed to take up his own defence and be the one to make closing arguments and also direct questions to GM through the judge?
Excellent point pc and that makes a lot of sense to me. However, my understanding was that when the GM made his application, GA also made one and that they were both granted but I may have misremembered. Anyone have a definitive answer?

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi on 18.06.14 14:08

I thought GA declined re giving a statement, although he had been granted the opportunity to do so.

Ochosi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.06.14 14:10

Châtelaine wrote:I posted that at approx 6:30pm in another thread.
Not that I want to take credit ...  winkwink 
It's Nigel, who's on the ball - as usual Mrs 

If anyone could donate to him too occasionally, we'd be ensured of his continuous enlightening posts  yes

and an archive of everything McCann that's unparalleled.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 18.06.14 14:11

@endgame wrote:
@perpendicular circus wrote:I thought the judge had only agreed to allow one further statement, from GM ?  Was GA definitely permitted and expected  to make a personal statement ? 

Excellent point pc and that makes a lot of sense to me. However, my understanding was that when the GM made his application, GA also made one and that they were both granted but I may have misremembered. Anyone have a definitive answer?
I think they both applied and they were told NO but Gerry appealed and was given permission in the end. GA never appealed and just accepted the judges ruling !!!

You could be right about GA sacking his lawyer, this could be the reason ? Does anybody else know ?

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.06.14 14:27

@JackieL wrote:FWIW I think he was right to sack the lawyer - although he should've done it a while back.  He wasn't hard hitting enough in his questioning of the McCann witnesses. At the time, I thought this was just a Portuguese thing, I know the inquisitorial system in Portugal isn't as confrontational as here, but even so, the cross examination needed a bigger punch.

Maybe Amaral wants a bigger hitter.

I agree, and I wonder if either a fight about not appealing for Amaral to give an "impact statement", or something in the closing argument caused the break.

I do not believe for a moment he did it to get to the McCanns, though that was a powerful side effect.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.06.14 14:40

@Cordelia wrote:
@kevmack wrote:
Good morning bobbin, nice try but nah LOl I would think Amaral had  been ruminating over the upcoming Trial, mad that the McCanns were  making a Statement but not being interrogated, that SY had kindly provided evidence that a search had not revealed Madeleine's body , convinced himself that the Judge had been advised of the search in January and asked not to arrange another date until the search was over , got p****ed and in a fit of pique sacked his lawyers ...how does that sound. 

Cordelia....I doubt it...

Morning kevmack, anything is possible in this case LOL  Amaral and his legal Team had almost 5 months to get together and since this was meant to be a closing date made sure they were prepared.Amaral, as a former  Senior Detective on the case would have been able to supply the comparatively new team with all the relevant information to support his case , for example the Ward of Court  anomoly which he should have noted a long time ago.

Again, nobody knows. Don't forget that it is not only Dr. Amaral's lawyer, but also the laywers of the other 3 defendants who are involved. You don't know what strategies were discussed and followed, maybe not all favorable for Dr. Amaral. However you look at it Dr. Amaral is the underdog and might have been dancing to a lot of pipes that played a tune different from his. 
So we you can lol all you want, you don't know and are just speculating. Since Dr. Amaral has shown to be from a different moral fiber than the McCanns I would suggest we wait until we have some real information.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.06.14 14:41

Poe wrote:
@jozi wrote:
@kevmack wrote:As for Amaral's lawyer not ripping into witnesses like, Pike, Loach, Trish Cameron, Michael Wright etc, he hardly needed to, they were a complete disaster all on their own, in fact sometimes, when a witness flounders around under oath, unable to answer the questions of the judge, it's probably better that the defence lawyer just sits there, shrugging their shoulders and saying "nothing more to add to that your honour"

Exactly

All the so called expert witnesses for the Mcs were in fact useless !!! IMO, GA should win this no problem and I'm hoping him sacking his Lawyer is nothing to do with this and something entirely different. Fingers Crossed !!!

Isabel Duarte said, "For the first time in 35 years of practice I saw a lawyer with a revoked asking the judge to make an application on behalf of the former client proxy. Judge and authorized lawyer asked that the session be postponed, which actually came to pass."

If there had been any animosity between GA and his lawyer, the lawyer would have simply walked away. He didn't, he went to the judge and asked for a postponement on behalf of his former client.

In Isabel Duarte's 35 years of  practice, this has never happened before. It must be tactical.

Good point!

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 18.06.14 14:42

goodpost Lj

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 18.06.14 14:55

A very good, straightforward report from the Portugal Resident

McCanns “day in court” collapses in disarray

Portugalpress on June 18, 2014

By NATASHA DONN

It was meant to be their “day in court”, according to the BBC, but Kate and Gerry McCann - pursuing a long-running civil action for defamation against the former detective who led the original hunt for their missing daughter - were out of luck. Half an hour before they turned up to testify at Lisbon’s 1º Vara do Tribunal Cível, the man they are demanding €1.2 million in damages from slipped in unnoticed and presented a document revoking the mandate of his lawyer. Gonçalo Amaral is playing his cards characteristically close to his chest - not even talking to the press about his motivation for sacking lawyer Vítor Santos Oliveira.

This was the fourth time the case opened in 2009 has been stopped in its tracks, but only the first time the cause has come directly from Amaral  .

Previously, hearings were adjourned due to illness of Santos’ son, a break-in at the judge’s home and a legal technicality.

Nonetheless, the McCanns expressed their “utter frustration” on the steps of the court, calling the latest hitch a “blatant and cynical attempt” to wear them down.

Kate McCann said: “Every time we come here, we have to make arrangements for our children to be looked after.“ Every time he postpones the case like this, it brings us more pain and distress.”  

Quizzed over whether she had any sympathy for Amaral’s personal plight - he has had his bank accounts frozen since the McCanns opened their civil case against him - Mrs McCann said: “Mr Amaral is not the victim in this.”

The hearing has now been adjourned until July 8, with closing arguments scheduled for July 10. Sky News reporter Robert Nesbitt explained that despite this week’s delay, the judge’s final decision was always expected to take “a few weeks”. Now, due to the statutory legal holiday in August, it is unlikely that her decision will come before September.

The case hinges on the McCanns’ contention that Dr Amaral’s book, ‘Maddie: The Truth of the Lie’, defames them.

As many are already aware, the book centres on Amaral’s theory that Madeleine died in apartment 5a on that fateful family holiday in Praia da Luz seven years ago, and her body was disposed of. The McCanns vehemently deny this, and say the theory has caused them pain and distress.

They also claim it has hampered the search for Madeleine, which has to date cost millions of euros and involved the police forces of two countries. It has undoubtedly been the most high-profile missing person’s case of all time, with stories relating to possible suspects constantly appearing in the media.

A massive eight-day ground search coordinated by the Metropolitan police in Praia da Luz earlier this month is reported to have cost an estimated £50,000 a day despite having found “no significant clues” as to what happened to the three year old. British police are now understood to be keen to interview eight people of interest, including three suspected drug dealers. PJ police are understood to be considering whether to give the official go ahead to these interviews. By NATASHA DONN news@algarveresident.com
http://portugalresident.com/mccanns-%E2%80%9Cday-in-court%E2%80%9D-collapses-in-disarray

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.06.14 15:05

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Monty Heck wrote:Thank you Nigel for setting the record straight so succinctly. 

Unfortunately, on this rare occasion, Nigel has not really set the record straight.

It appears he has clean forgotten the first occasion - when the libel proceedings due to be opened on 11 December 2009 were delayed - after the McCanns had travelled to Lisbon, when Goncalo Amaral announced that the proceedings must be adjourned because his lawyer had 'swine flu'.

Just to prove that this was the first such occasion, here (sourced from mccannfiles, where else?) are two of the press reports about this hearing:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Influenza A may postpone the McCann hearing Jornal de Notícias

ALEXANDRA SERÔDIO
11 December 2009, 00h31m

Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer is in quarantine and has already notified the court. The McCanns arrived in Portugal yesterday.

[picture]

Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer is in quarantine at home, after learning that an employee of his office has influenza A. António Cabrita has requested the postponement of the trial of the book "The Truth About The Lie."

The first session of the trial process against the book by the former coordinator of the Judicial Police, is scheduled for 9:30 pm today, at the 7th Circuit Court Civil Court of Lisbon, in the Courthouse. The prevention of Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer can dictate the postponement of the trial, which would then be likely to occur in about 21 days.

The quarantine state of António Cabrita was known at the end of yesterday afternoon, a time when Kate and Gerry McCann were already on the plane to Lisbon. The couple, who arrived at the Portela Airport shortly after 23:00, were still unaware of the possible postponement of the session.

Confirmation will only be given today by the judge who will judge the case. It will be the judge's decision whether to postpone, or not, the start of the hearing and set a new date. Anyway, the seven witnesses called by Gonçalo Amaral and called for today's session are to appear in the Courthouse. The prosecutor of Portimão, Magalhães e Menezes, who signed the order to close the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine, Luis Neves, Director of the National Counter-Terrorism who helped coordinate investigations and Guilhermino Encarnação, the former director of the PJ of Faro, are some of the witnesses for Amaral.

The trial process also involves the publishers Guerra & Paz, who edited the book "The Truth About The Lie", a media company that produced a video and a TV channel that aired a documentary.

The evaluation is based on the application for interim relief brought on by the McCanns in May on behalf of their three children, Sean, Amelie and Madeleine, in order to withdraw the book of Gonçalo Amaral and the documentary based on the same work. And to stop the sale of copyright abroad by publishers Guerra & Paz and also prohibit the former policeman from continuing to speak publicly about his thesis of the case.

"I came for the trial tomorrow. We're here to ensure that freedom of speech does not allow the truth to be distorted. And [Gonçalo Amaral] distorted the truth. We're not here because of him. The law will produce justice," said Gerry McCann on arrival at Lisbon airport.

+++++++++++++++

AFP

Gerry and Kate McCann's court battle with an ex-police chief who believes their missing daughter Madeleine is dead has been put on hold.

The couple were due to ask a Portuguese judge for a permanent ban on sales of a book by Goncalo Amaral in which he challenges their version of Madeleine's disappearance.

But the court hearing in Lisbon has been postponed for one month because Mr Amaral's lawyer has swine flu.

Before the announcement, Mr McCann told Sky News that he wanted to "make sure that freedom of speech doesn't allow the truth to be distorted".

"We believe the book has damaged the search for Madeleine," he said.

"If people read it and believe she is dead then they will not keep looking for her and may not come forward with information they may have."

The couple are expected to ask the judge for around a million pounds in damages which they will use to pay for their own continuing hunt for their daughter.

Madeleine was nearly four when she vanished without trace from the family's rented holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve coast in May, 2007.

She had been left with her twin siblings in bed while her parents dined nearby with friends.

The McCanns are sure she was abducted and believe she is still alive.

Mr Amaral was a senior officer in the investigation but was removed from it before it was abandoned after 15 months.

In his book...

[REST SNIPPED]

Thanks Tony for making it complete.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.06.14 15:27

Here's a 'poser'

WHY has Kate McCann recently been taken to say 'we're waiting' for Madeleine and NOT 'we're searching' for Madeleine?

Is Madeleine 'safe and sound' SOMEWHERE, just 'waiting'?

"they (McCanns) think she's WITH" said GM's sister Philomena.

Who didn't, and hasn't covered herself (or, in fact, ALL other 'family' members) with glory in her 'efforts' to actually SEARCH for her 'missing' family member.

I'm just imagining 'balloon boy'

"I was in the attic/garage all the time, and Dad says it was all for 'the show'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxtFXtiUbbw

HOAX

Mother admits hoax to make the family 'more marketable' for future media interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U33RpHug3oQ

Has to pay 'rescue efforts' $50,000.

(I've been 'hiding/hidden' in a castle/hotel for 7 years, mum and dad said it was all for 'the show')

Can McCs afford to pay back 'search/investigation' costs of £8 MILLION+ ?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 18.06.14 15:58

@jeanmonroe wrote:Here's a 'poser'

WHY has Kate McCann recently been taken to say 'we're waiting' for Madeleine and NOT 'we're searching' for Madeleine?

Is Madeleine 'safe and sound' SOMEWHERE, just 'waiting'?

"they (McCanns) think she's WITH" said GM's sister Philomena.

Who didn't, and hasn't covered herself (or, in fact, ALL other 'family' members) with glory in her 'efforts' to actually SEARCH for her 'missing' family member.

I'm just imagining 'balloon boy'

"I was in the attic/garage all the time, and Dad says it was all for 'the show'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxtFXtiUbbw

HOAX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7FZ36_iaR8

Mother admits hoax to make the family 'more marketable' for future media interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U33RpHug3oQ

Has to pay 'rescue efforts' $50,000.

(I've been 'hiding/hidden' in a castle/hotel for 7 years, mum and dad said it was all for 'the show')

Can McCs afford to pay back 'rescue/search' costs of £8 MILLION+ ?

I often wonder if this is the case or if Madeleine even really existed....it's all so unbelievable!

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 18.06.14 16:00

The Mccanns caught lying again!

They brought the case, and they have to accept that the world does not revolve around them.

Many different people need to be available for the trial, so delays should be expected at times.

Mr Amaral has not broken any rules, and the judge gave the final decision on postponing the case, after all, it is the judge that is in charge of all this, not the Mccanns.

I did note that the other defendant's legal teams didnt seem that happy about the delay, but they certainly didnt play the victim like the Mccanns did. 

The libel trial is pretty much over, so the need for a lawyer at the summing up stage isn't quite as important I would not have thought? Obviously you need to make a strong argument at the end, but I'm sure it's not going to be a massive hinderance to Mr Amaral. Yeah, he'll have to get a new lawyer up to speed, but at this stage I dont think the final speeches will swing the decision, and the decision will be made on the 'evidence'.

Funny how the media has stopped reporting on the search since the libel trial was postponed. I bet we see a flurry of stories again before the next court hearing...

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum