The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

British Police hiding evidence in Maddie case.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: British Police hiding evidence in Maddie case.

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.06.14 17:47

We seem to have 2 very similar threads running.
Could they be merged please?

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey on 16.06.14 17:51

@Lance De Boils wrote:
Southern Portugal’s only crematorium closed

02-06-2007 00:00:00

The only crematorium in Southern Portugal, in Ferreira do Alentejo, has been closed after six years of non-stop cremations so the incinerator could undergo a thorough inspection and maintenance. Meanwhile, families opting for a cremation, now face exorbitant prices, as funeral homes are now charging one euro a kilometre to take a body from the Algarve to Lisbon and beyond.

Corpses waiting for cremation have had to be put on hold with growing backlogs a common problem, especially in the Algarve.
One funeral agency in Loulé had a body in its fridge for more than 15 days, waiting for the maintenance service to be completed, though the family later decided to send the body to be cremated in Lisbon.
Excluding the cremation, the family had to pay around €250 to have the body of a loved one delivered at a crematorium in the Portuguese capital.
Suspicions have been raised due to the duration of the maintenance service, which commenced over a month ago, despite spokesperson of Portugal’s other four crematoriums (two in Lisbon, two in Oporto) claiming standard maintenance services take little more than three days.
Local authorities have guaranteed the crematorium will be up and running by June 5th.
The Ferreira do Alentejo crematorium was privately founded after a significant donation form local benefactor Mariano Faria who’s dying wish was to be cremated in his place of birth.
http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/910-5
Any exact dates of when it was closed and when it was re-opened..?

I know it says June 5th to open again but can that be confirmed?

fossey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 16.06.14 17:52

@SallyVern wrote:I trust Dr Amaral and considering the length of time it took to move Madeleine's body then his theory makes sense. I recall (a rumour?) he said evidence had been found suggesting Madelene's body was frozen prior to being moved in the hire car. Maybe frozen while waiting for the first available funeral? but it's a huge gamble to take. What if someone looked in the coffin prior to the cremation.

I can't remember the guy's name, the one that stored the hire car for the McCanns. Maybe his freezer should undergo forensic examination just to make sure.
SallyVern, when one looks into the coffin at the dearly departed we look at the face, maybe the hands as they may have been placed at repose on the chest. We do not look further down the coffin and often, even with the full lid lifted the lower body is covered by a lace edged coverlet. It would be very easy to place something else beside, or under the legs of the person awaiting disposal be it by burial or cremation.
I wonder if maybe an overnight in the church prior to the service? This would make me believe it was a person who was very close to the church and wished to be there overnight before their last journey.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 16.06.14 17:54

he Portuguese priest who comforted Gerry and Kate McCann in the days after Madeleine vanished last night said he had been deceived, it has emerged.
According to reports, Father Jose Manuel Pacheco claimed he had done nothing wrong and was simply "supporting two lost souls."
But, bizarrely, he also appeared to say he had been the victim of some form of deception.
Scroll down for more ...

It has also emerged Father Pacheco was apparently called in to see his superior, Algarve Bishop Manuel Quintas and warned about his behaviour.
But he has vowed to take whatever she had said to the grave, despite being quizzed by detectives

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey on 16.06.14 17:56

@Lance De Boils wrote:
Southern Portugal’s only crematorium closed

02-06-2007 00:00:00

The only crematorium in Southern Portugal, in Ferreira do Alentejo, has been closed after six years of non-stop cremations so the incinerator could undergo a thorough inspection and maintenance. Meanwhile, families opting for a cremation, now face exorbitant prices, as funeral homes are now charging one euro a kilometre to take a body from the Algarve to Lisbon and beyond.

Corpses waiting for cremation have had to be put on hold with growing backlogs a common problem, especially in the Algarve.
One funeral agency in Loulé had a body in its fridge for more than 15 days, waiting for the maintenance service to be completed, though the family later decided to send the body to be cremated in Lisbon.
Excluding the cremation, the family had to pay around €250 to have the body of a loved one delivered at a crematorium in the Portuguese capital.
Suspicions have been raised due to the duration of the maintenance service, which commenced over a month ago, despite spokesperson of Portugal’s other four crematoriums (two in Lisbon, two in Oporto) claiming standard maintenance services take little more than three days.
Local authorities have guaranteed the crematorium will be up and running by June 5th.
The Ferreira do Alentejo crematorium was privately founded after a significant donation form local benefactor Mariano Faria who’s dying wish was to be cremated in his place of birth.
http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/910-5
Any exact dates of when this crematorium was closed and when it was re-opened?

An amazing coincidence that after 6 years it closes for a few weeks not long after the disappearance of MBM.

fossey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.06.14 17:57

I very much doubt they told Fr Pacheco anything of importance.   I believe he doesn't speak English anyway and I wouldn't think the McCs

speak any Portuguese.    The Pope also took all references to MBM and the McCanns off his website (is that what it's called?) once they

were made arguidos.

I just wonder if it is a problem Fr Pacheco has with his conscience, maybe suspicions in his mind, or that he took the blame for the keys, who knows? 

I would be grateful if anyone has other suggestions, I keep going over and over his behaviour.

I have wondered if in Portugal cemeteries are similar to those in Spain, where coffins are interred in walls which are then bricked up, bit like a 

honeycomb I  always think.   

An empty one of those has always seemed a very good place for hiding things - all my own musings and all imo of course,  I do get some strange ideas.   !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.06.14 17:59

@Lance De Boils wrote:We seem to have 2 very similar threads running.
Could they be merged please?

Have merged the cremation thread with this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.06.14 18:04

Thank you cf     airkiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 16.06.14 18:14

He might just have felt deceived after they were made suspects but strange how it affected him afterwards ?

But he has vowed to take whatever she had said to the grave,

Was it normal to hand out the church keys?
- It’s not me who decides.

Did not realize he was accused of something at the Gaia Seminary

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.06.14 18:24

Much of interest on here. 

Including the fact that there is a There is a Roman Catholic Cemetery just north of Huelva.

The British Cemetery, called "Nuestra Señora de la Soledad", BELONGS TO THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT. It is in a countryside area outside of town so can be difficult to locate. 

Surely this would be a far more likely 'resting place' - if you subscribe to the Establishment cover-up - than Maddie being snuck into someone else's coffin??

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/TodayTopics.html

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 16.06.14 18:44

Regarding cremation, I know from my own father's cremation that it isn't 100% ashes. What's left is a mixture of ashes, bone fragments and teeth fragments. I posted this on another thread, but I think you can test bone and tooth fragments for DNA if enough DNA survived the cremation. If the relatives of the cremated woman kept her ashes, and if the PJ or SY investigated those ashes and found bone and teeth fragments... and if they were DNA tested.... it would be interesting to see if Madeleine's DNA was discovered. I wonder if this is what GA is building up to...

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.06.14 18:45

Please could you give more information on this j.rob.

I was under the (quite probably mis-)understanding that this was a war graves cemetery.

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet on 16.06.14 18:45

I have wondered who is in the "urn"?

lilibet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 16.06.14 18:46

This poor child needs her own resting place IMO and that would be the last decent thing for her parents, the ones who where supposed to love and protect her should've done. I'd hate to think this was planned way before hand for certain arrangements to take place, but, IMO, I just can't get outta my head that GM was not on holiday to enjoy himself  sad1

Justformaddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.06.14 18:54

Was 'angel of death' Clarence Mitchell shipped in to facilitate a Catholic funeral for the celebrity couple's deceased daughter? It is quite odd, to say the least, that they visited Huelva in Spain on 3rd August to 'put up posters' and - surprise, surprise - they hadn't realized it was a public holiday (Madeleine, page 207). 

Given how carefully they seemed to plan everything, you would have thought it would be pretty simple to have established that it was a public holiday.

I wonder why it was important that their trip to Huelva coincided with a public holiday? They obviously KNEW it was a public holiday, and it was important in terms of what they were planning to do that it was a public holiday, as Kate has bothered to include this little snippet in her book. 

They had been planning on going the day before, along with Jon Corner and some journalists, apparently to do some filming. But this was the day that the Portuguese police arrived at 10am. "Something to do with forensics? What was all that about?"

Ha, Kate! Can't imagine, can you?!

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.06.14 18:56

daffodil wrote:Please could you give more information on this j.rob.

I was under the (quite probably mis-)understanding that this was a war graves cemetery.

The only information I have on this is in the link provided above from another forum. There is quite a bit on the McCann trip to Huelva here. Which incidentally was made precisely 3 months after Madeleine 'disappeared'. 

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Individual-Topics/Re-HUELVA-Trip-1-907795.html

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.06.14 19:04

Note how an eye-witness sees them in their car in Huelva at 11.20 at some traffic lights. But according to their version of events they arrrive at 12.15pm.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.06.14 19:12

@j.rob wrote:Note how an eye-witness sees them in their car in Huelva at 11.20 at some traffic lights. But according to their version of events they arrrive at 12.15pm.

Don't forget they thought Portugal was an hour ahead of the UK    big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 16.06.14 21:02

To go back to the original post, is it possible that Goncalo Amaral is hoping that the publicity generated today will capture the attention of the ' witness to the man on the beach'?

If it is true that this information is 'British sourced', is it too far a leap of the imagination to suspect that it emerged as a result of the Henri Exton enquiries? 

And is it also plausible to suspect that it has been similarly suppressed ie by gagging orders?

Is Snr Amaral hoping to force someone's hand here?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 16.06.14 22:23

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.06.14 23:23

It has been said.
It has been reported
It is in the public domain
And it isb aimed at those whose intellectual response may be no more than the couple in "When the Wild Wind blows"

'Ooooh, look here luv' it says they put her body in anoother coffin an' creemayted it. Eeeehh, those buggers. . . ."

And it is difficult to stuff the genie back into the bottle.
Mitchell has lost his grip on the MSM

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 16.06.14 23:25

These x4 postponements are being quoted by the likes of Kevin Macguire and Andrew Pearce (Sky newspaper reviews) in Amaral attacks. Does anyone have the chronological facts on this?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 16.06.14 23:31

'disgraced' cop (  yawn  )...
How lazy these so-called journalists are.  Thank goodness they aren't biased as well...

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 16.06.14 23:32

@worriedmum wrote:To go back to the original post, is it possible that Goncalo Amaral is hoping that the publicity generated today will capture the attention of the ' witness to the man on the beach'?

If it is true that this information is 'British sourced', is it too far a leap of the imagination to suspect that it emerged as a result of the Henri Exton enquiries? 

And is it also plausible to suspect that it has been similarly suppressed ie by gagging orders?

I wondered about this too, worriedmum. There again, GA became aware that the British police seconded to Portimao were not trustworthy. So did he make copies?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 16.06.14 23:45

@Mirage wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:To go back to the original post, is it possible that Goncalo Amaral is hoping that the publicity generated today will capture the attention of the ' witness to the man on the beach'?

I wondered about this too, worriedmum. There again, GA became aware that the British police seconded to Portimao were not trustworthy. So did he make copies?

Who are the witnesses who were intimidated and refused to talk to police and what on earth is in the Oakley report?

Sunday, 27 September 2009  
Mark Hollingsworth Investigates The McCann Files
Key witnesses were questioned far too aggressively, so much so that some of them later refused to talk to the police.
http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/mark-hollingsworth-investigates-mccann.html

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum