The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June

Post by PeterMac on 13.06.14 22:11

@Cristobell wrote:
That should be on twitter!
Touchée

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 13.06.14 22:55

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
But Pat is right in one respect - the recent statement from SY does help with the McCanns speech on Monday.  If the dig had still been ongoing, then I doubt the McCanns would even have shown up.  The timing was absolutely perfect for them.  Coincidental perhaps, but it will be exploited to the full.  Already has been in fact.

I think you've missed Pat's sarcasm.
Imv, she does not believe the SY dig helps the McCanns; au contraire en fait.
For all we know Pat might be in contact with Amaral and knew all about his good chance, and was having a dig at Mccanns.

Imagine McCanns in Court mentioning the dig then saying no find means Maddie may be alive -- they will become laughing stock, as anyone with a modicum of grey cells would know that dig and alive does not go hand in hand. Who ever heard of exhumation of an alive body ? If Gerry were stupid enough to state that in Court, then he is giving Defence a perfect chance to make a meal of that .

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 14.06.14 1:49

I might have missed it, there are so many pages I have not read yet, but is the problem of Madeleine being ward of the court now solved?  Do they have permission to sue in name of Madeleine?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 14.06.14 1:53

@lj wrote:I might have missed it, there are so many pages I have not read yet, but is the problem of Madeleine being ward of the court now solved?  Do they have permission to sue in name of Madeleine?

Haven't read anything at all about that little problem, lj. The media stories haven't mentioned it at all. We shall have to wait and see.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.06.14 7:32

@lj wrote:I might have missed it, there are so many pages I have not read yet, but is the problem of Madeleine being ward of the court now solved?  Do they have permission to sue in name of Madeleine?

The ball is thrown into their court to produce the "permission" document.
At this late stage, the WOC matters only if they win, and all indications so far project they have no case, hence their desperation to address the Court. I feel they won't be bothered to obtain it, given they are aware of their impending doom.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 14.06.14 7:59

Please correct me if I am wrong, but will the McCanns be obliged to pick up the entire trial tab when they likey lose this case. Perhaps this will put a spoke in the wheel of their endless litigation. No cash no lawyers? Unless they are being secretly funded, the "search for Madeleine fund"- sorry, my bad - that should read - Private Fund - cannot last forever. Do people still actually donate to the McCanns Private "Fund", or purchase the tacky stuff from their online Madeleine Store?

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 14.06.14 12:57

It's not known whether the McCanns obtained consent from the High Court in London before instituting legal proceedings on behalf of Madeleine, as well as themselves and the twins, in Portugal lj, nor do we know whether they have subsequently made application for a hearing in which they can set out reasons why consent should be granted to a course of action which should not have been put into motion without the court's prior approval.

Presupposing the McCanns neglected to obtain the necessary consent to proceed on Madeleine's behalf, the issues raised by the Wardship in this matter are complex and it's to be hoped that, should they seek belated consent, the Official Solicitor makes enquiries beyond whatever representations they may make to the court.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 14.06.14 13:19

I assume though, that if the McCanns ask for, and are granted, retrospective consent to act for Madeleine, that it still won't be sufficient for the Court, and that the permission needed to be sought before action commenced?

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 14.06.14 13:44

@ultimaThule wrote:

It's not known whether the McCanns obtained consent from the High Court in London before instituting legal proceedings on behalf of Madeleine, as well as themselves and the twins, in Portugal lj, nor do we know whether they have subsequently made application for a hearing in which they can set out reasons why consent should be granted to a course of action which should not have been put into motion without the court's prior approval.

Presupposing the McCanns neglected to obtain the necessary consent to proceed on Madeleine's behalf,  the issues raised by the Wardship in this matter are complex and it's to be hoped that, should they seek belated consent, the Official Solicitor makes enquiries beyond whatever representations they may make to the court.

Thanks UT. You wonder though, if that would not be all ironed out, why the judge would set the resume date on the 16th. 
I suspect that, while it was a painfully long process for Dr. Amaral to obtain the right papers, judge Hogg might have been lightning fast in getting everything arranged for these "poop suffering parents".
All just my opinion and questions.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 14.06.14 13:45

@aiyoyo wrote:

The ball is thrown into their court to produce the "permission" document.
At this late stage, the WOC matters only if they win, and all indications so far project they have no case, hence their desperation to address the Court.  I feel they won't be bothered to obtain it, given they are aware of their impending doom.

I hope you are right aiyoyo

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 14.06.14 13:58

@Snifferdog wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong, but will the McCanns be obliged to pick up the entire trial tab when they likey lose this case.  Perhaps this will put a spoke in the wheel of their endless litigation. No cash no lawyers?  Unless they are being secretly funded, the "search for Madeleine fund"- sorry, my bad - that should read -  Private Fund - cannot last forever.  Do people still actually donate to the McCanns Private "Fund", or purchase the tacky stuff from their online Madeleine Store?

I believe the loser pays all. That's going to be a lot of money. If they privately can afford that it is time to audit them. If they take it out of the fund then people might finally know what kind of no moral people they have to deal with.

First they have to loose, and I am still a bit of "I believe it when I see it".

All just my opinion.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 14.06.14 15:55

Thanks lj. True, where the McCanns are concerned there is always a niggling doubt as to whether justice will be served, but because it is taking place in Portugal, I feel more hopeful.
If Mr Amaral looses this case, we will know just how far the rot has set in.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 16.06.14 10:20

Sky News: 

Delay to start of proceedings. McCanns and their lawyer are huddled in corridor. 

Goncalo's lawyer has been seen, but he hasn't been seen yet (by Sky anyway)

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum