The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Mm11

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Mm11

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Regist10

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Empty Re: Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June

Post by Liz Eagles 12.06.14 18:11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656222/It-reinforces-belief-alive-Madeleine-McCanns-parents-positive-no-evidence-death-far-new-investigation.html
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Empty Re: Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June

Post by PeterMac 12.06.14 18:18

ultimaThule wrote:
I seem to recall that the court translator had some difficulty in deciphering the broad Scots accent of Trish Cameron and I don't envy her/him the task of attempting to put the wee one's mangled words which, allegedly, becomes untelligible when he becomes irate emotional into Portuguese.  
I anticipate that any verbal statement given to the court by the caber tosser and/or his spouse will cause the proceedings to run into an extra day, if not more big grin 

How would the translator cope with "Purporting a theory" ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 12.06.14 18:28

My guess is 'with great difficulty', PeterM, and now you've posed that one I suspect the proceedings will become more protracted than I first envisaged.   yes
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 12.06.14 18:40

ultimaThule wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I guess we won't have a verdict for another few months...   Either way, I think the verdict may signal the beginning of the end.  If the McCanns lose, then the double-whammy of the dig and the loss will be a major blow from which they are unlikely to recover.  If they win, then the dig (and any subsequent SY activity) will be spun and will form part of their complete exoneration. 

All eyes on the judge.  And keep your fingers crossed that she has not been got at.

What are you saying about Portuguese justice, Bishop?  Are you claiming that the judge in the libel trial can be bought and that a wee caber tosser from the slums of Glasgow has the power to hold the governments of two countries and the judiciary of Portugal to ransom?

No slur intended - rather an expression of hope that their judiciary is immune from high-level political interference. Sadly, not all countries are as pure and incorruptible as your own. And as the forum has suggested many times, IF there is political pressure being used on this case it is not BECAUSE of Gerry, but rather that he is an unwitting (and undeserving) beneficiary.

So yes - fingers crossed for the judge, the Portuguese justice system and all who sail on her.  thumbsup 

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 12.06.14 19:00

ultimaThule wrote:
I seem to recall that the court translator had some difficulty in deciphering the broad Scots accent of Trish Cameron and I don't envy her/him the task of attempting to put the wee one's mangled words which, allegedly, are untelligible when he becomes irate emotional into Portuguese.  

I anticipate that any verbal statement given to the court by the caber tosser and/or his spouse will cause the proceedings to run into an extra day, if not more big grin

I'm confused about why you call Gerry a 'caber tosser'?   Has he competed in the Highland Games in that event?  Or is it that you believe he has the build of someone who might?    huh
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 12.06.14 20:15

Bishop Brennan wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
I seem to recall that the court translator had some difficulty in deciphering the broad Scots accent of Trish Cameron and I don't envy her/him the task of attempting to put the wee one's mangled words which, allegedly, are untelligible when he becomes irate emotional into Portuguese.  

I'm confused about why you call Gerry a 'caber tosser'?   Has he competed in the Highland Games in that event?  Or is it that you believe he has the build of someone who might?    huh

As it seems the wee one has not so much as tossed his sporran in any Highland Games event, I sit stand corrected, Bishop but, unfortunately, as it is, too late to edit my post may I suggest that anyone reading it pays no attention to the word 'caber'.  yes
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by cassius 12.06.14 20:26

ultimaThule wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:

As it seems the wee one has not so much as tossed his sporran in any Highland Games event, I sit stand corrected, Bishop but, unfortunately, as it is, too late to edit my post may I suggest that anyone reading it pays no attention to the word 'caber'.  yes
UT, your post are often brilliant,your intellect  evident but when you start the"wee Gerry from the gorbals stuff" you sound like a patronising little Englander.

Basta ya querida.
cassius

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 12.06.14 21:15

When referring to the wee one and his origins in a scornful manner, I have in mind members of TM the wider audience who visit this forum unobserved, cassius.  

If, in the process, some such as yourself conclude I sound like a 'patronising little Englander,' so be it as others will be aware that it is not, and has never been, my intention to partronise anyone other than those who have to date escaped the justice which should have been meted out to them in a more timely manner.

Fwiw, ime when it comes to conveying a message to a pyschopath that their behaviour is morally wrong, enough is never enough, dear.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Empty s

Post by cassius 12.06.14 23:43

ultimaThule wrote:When referring to the wee one and his origins in a scornful manner, I have in mind members of TM the wider audience who visit this forum unobserved, cassius.  

If, in the process, some such as yourself conclude I sound like a 'patronising little Englander,' so be it as others will be aware that it is not, and has never been, my intention to partronise anyone other than those who have to date escaped the justice which should have been meted out to them in a more timely manner.

Fwiw, ime when it comes to conveying a message to a pyschopath that their behaviour is morally wrong, enough is never enough, dear.
I was born and bred in Govanhill ,my mother still lives there.It is not a slum as you call it.

Your posts are offensive.
cassius

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 13.06.14 1:35

Extended version from Joana.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/06/mccann-couple-versus-goncalo-amaral.html

Trial which opposes Madeleine McCann parents against Gonçalo Amaral to restart next Monday

The trial of the process in which the parents of Madeleine McCann ask for a compensation of 1,2 million euro, for alleged defamation [sic] by the former Judiciary Police inspector Gonçalo Amaral, is expected to restart next Monday morning.

The hearings that were taking place at the 1st Civil Court of Lisbon, at the Palácio da Justiça, had been on hold since October last year, so the parents of the English girl who disappeared in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, in May 2007 could reach reach a court settlement with Gonçalo Amaral. 

Since no agreement was reached between Gerry and Kate McCann and Gonçalo Amaral, the judge who presides this court action - action which has caused Gonçalo Amaral's assets to be frozen as a precautionary measure, has decided to schedule the restart of the sessions for Monday.

The adjournment was granted four months after the trial began, on 12 September 2013, with the hearing of witnesses indicated by the McCanns, which included Gerry's sister. 

The lawyer Isabel Duarte, the McCanns trustee, waived the testimony of the mother and father of Madeleine McCann.

In this action, the McCann couple, also allege that the rights, freedoms and guarantees of the family have been infringed, and demand 1,2 million euros in compensation from Gonçalo Amaral, who investigated the disappearance of Madeleine in May 3, 2007.

In the book "Maddie: The Truth of the Lie", written by Gonçalo Amaral, the former coordinator of the Criminal Investigation Department of the Judiciary Police of Portimão defends the alleged involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann in the child's disappearance and in the concealment of her body.

In a connected legal action, the McCanns submitted a temporary injunction banning the book and the video based on the same title, a documentary that was aired on TVI [TV channel].

On January 19, 2010, the 7th Civil Court of Lisbon decided to uphold the ban on the book and the video, that had been provisionally decreed in September 9, 2009.

Following legal recourse [by Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, Guerra e Paz and Valentim de Carvalho's defence lawyers], the Lisbon Appeals Court decided on 19th October 2010 to overturn the ruling [the ban] of the first instance court.

Kate and Gerry McCann appealed to the Supreme Court of Justice seeking for the overturn to be nullified, but the Supreme Court of Justice refused their request and confirmed the decision of the Lisbon Appeals Court, in 18 March 2011.

Madeleine McCann disappeared from an apartment in a tourist resort in Praia da Luz, while on holidays with her parents and twin siblings.

The girl had then three years old and the parents have always sustained that she was abducted.

Madeleine's parents were constituted as arguidos [formal suspects] in September 2007, nevertheless the process [investigation] was archived for lack of evidentiary proof in July 2008.

The process was re-opened on the 24th of October last year, after the Public Prosecutor's Office concluded that there were "new evidentiary elements to justify the continuation of the investigation."

in Agência Lusa [Lusa news agency], June 11, 2014

Note - Date confirmed, first trial session on Monday, 16th June at 09.30am at Palácio da Justiça in Lisbon.

How the UK media shows bias & misreports the events - Gonçalo Amaral has in fact won the "latest round":

«Kate and Gerry McCann will tell a Portuguese judge next week of their heartbreak over smears spouted by the detective who led the bungled police search for their daughter.

The couple won the latest round in their long legal battle to silence ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral - who claims they were responsible for Madeleine's death.

They have both been granted permission to give emotional statements in a Lisbon court on Monday as the libel case comes to a close.

The pair will describe how the cruel and malicious lies from Amaral have caused them unnecessary grief and hampered the search for Madeleine.» in Daily Mirror, 12 June 2014, Martin Fricker
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 13.06.14 10:23

Moved to more appropriate place
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by fossey 13.06.14 10:38

Posted the below on the 'digging' thread but probably needs to be on here as well..

FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2014

Thank You, Scotland Yard

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Andy+Redwood
[size]

As the week of digging up Portugal for no discernibly good reason comes came to a close, Kate and Gerry McCann told the press how pleased they were that Scotland Yard had put forth such effort but not found a dead Maddie. As they fly to Portugal on Sunday to testify against Gonçalo Amaral, their argument that he has caused them great emotional pain and damaged the search for Madeleine has not, in the end, been weakened by Scotland Yard's recent activities. In fact, Scotland Yard's Praia da Luz digging and subsequent statements have actually strengthened their case.

The massive money and time spent over the last three years and in the recent spectacle at the Snail go to show how difficult the struggle is to find Madeleine or at least what happened to Madeleine. Even Scotland Yard with their millions of pounds of taxpayer money haven't yet been able to solve the mystery, a mystery that wouldn't exist if the PJ hadn't failed so dismally in their investigation when the case was fresh and if Gonçalo Amaral hadn't wasted early opportunities to follow good leads to locate Maddie instead of being hellbent on convicting the McCanns. If even Scotland Yard can't seem to clean up the mess and bring this case to closure with so much money and manpower, the damage to the case by the Portuguese police's incompetence  and Amaral's refusal to consider any other theory than the McCann's involvement is quite obviously tremendous. And, if Scotland Yard with all their seemingly unlimited budget and detectives has not yet found Maddie, who can blame the McCanns for failing to find her, in spite of all the cash they have collected through their fund?

On top of all this, Scotland Yard has just issued this incredible statement:  "This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of inquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally."

Two things jump out at me: the first thing is that the statement does not include the words "in the vacation flat" which means, at this point, Scotland Yard is not necessarily giving any credibility to the cadaver and blood evidence in the apartment. And this means their analysis does not support Amaral's conclusion, and in fact, indicates that he came to such a conclusion without reliable evidence; hence, he harmed the McCanns by claiming Maddie was dead, that she died in the apartment, and that her body was removed by the McCanns. The second thing that jumped out at me is that this is "just one hypothesis, " which opens the door for Maddie being alive which validates the McCanns' search, which in turn supports the McCanns' assertion that Gonçalo Amaral's claims in his book are libelous and damaging.

Thank you, Scotland Yard, for conducting this charade of an investigation which has worked out perfectly for the McCanns and been timed just right so that they can now enter the courtroom with their heads held high with just the added ammo they need to possibly win this outrageous and ridiculous lawsuit.

God help, Gonçalo.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

June 13, 2014 [/size]
fossey

Activity : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.06.14 10:56

cassius wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:When referring to the wee one and his origins in a scornful manner, I have in mind members of TM the wider audience who visit this forum unobserved, cassius.  

I was born and bred in Govanhill ,my mother still lives there.It is not a slum as you call it.

I don't think uT's posts are offensive. I think you 'took offense' at comments aimed at Gerry McCann.

The 'slums' of Glasgow have a very long historical reference as being 'slums'.
It may be different now, and I sincerely hope it is, but that does not eradicate the image portrayed by the historical facts.

Re the Glaswegian accent. Much money is made from the humour aimed at highlighting the very fact that most people OUTSIDE of Glasgow stand little chance of understanding it at all.

Think Rab C Nesbitt. Done deliberately to show the 'accent' and its 'incomprehensibility' up.
The Rab comedy is brilliant, laying it on thick, not just on accent but on local living conditions, and just goes to show that 'intelligent' people can highlight an observed feature, to make a point, as did uT.

Every group makes fun of accents, and local quirks, sometimes of their own.
That's what 'humour' is about, it's also about distinguishing different historical evolutions.

You can perfectly reasonably state that your mother lives in Govanhill, and you do not consider it to be the slum that it was once portrayed as, but if you choose to take offense that is your problem.

i hope uT will continue to portray Gerry McC as the pretentious creature that he shows himself to be.

bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.06.14 11:13

fossey wrote:Posted the below on the 'digging' thread but probably needs to be on here as well..

FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2014

Thank You, Scotland Yard

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 Andy+Redwood

As the week of digging up Portugal for no discernibly good reason comes came to a close, Kate and Gerry McCann told the press how pleased they were that Scotland Yard had put forth such effort but not found a dead Maddie. As they fly to Portugal on Sunday to testify against Gonçalo Amaral, their argument that he has caused them great emotional pain and damaged the search for Madeleine has not, in the end, been weakened by Scotland Yard's recent activities. In fact, Scotland Yard's Praia da Luz digging and subsequent statements have actually strengthened their case.

The massive money and time spent over the last three years and in the recent spectacle at the Snail go to show how difficult the struggle is to find Madeleine or at least what happened to Madeleine. Even Scotland Yard with their millions of pounds of taxpayer money haven't yet been able to solve the mystery, a mystery that wouldn't exist if the PJ hadn't failed so dismally in their investigation when the case was fresh and if Gonçalo Amaral hadn't wasted early opportunities to follow good leads to locate Maddie instead of being hellbent on convicting the McCanns. If even Scotland Yard can't seem to clean up the mess and bring this case to closure with so much money and manpower, the damage to the case by the Portuguese police's incompetence  and Amaral's refusal to consider any other theory than the McCann's involvement is quite obviously tremendous. And, if Scotland Yard with all their seemingly unlimited budget and detectives has not yet found Maddie, who can blame the McCanns for failing to find her, in spite of all the cash they have collected through their fund?

On top of all this, Scotland Yard has just issued this incredible statement:  "This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of inquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally."

Two things jump out at me: the first thing is that the statement does not include the words "in the vacation flat" which means, at this point, Scotland Yard is not necessarily giving any credibility to the cadaver and blood evidence in the apartment. And this means their analysis does not support Amaral's conclusion, and in fact, indicates that he came to such a conclusion without reliable evidence; hence, he harmed the McCanns by claiming Maddie was dead, that she died in the apartment, and that her body was removed by the McCanns. The second thing that jumped out at me is that this is "just one hypothesis, " which opens the door for Maddie being alive which validates the McCanns' search, which in turn supports the McCanns' assertion that Gonçalo Amaral's claims in his book are libelous and damaging.

Thank you, Scotland Yard, for conducting this charade of an investigation which has worked out perfectly for the McCanns and been timed just right so that they can now enter the courtroom with their heads held high with just the added ammo they need to possibly win this outrageous and ridiculous lawsuit.

God help, Gonçalo.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

June 13, 2014 
"This recent work is part of ensuring that all lines of inquiry are progressed in a systematic manner and covers just the one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally."

I think it is too easy to focus on just a few words and over-analyse them at the expense of other interpretations.

If you take the subject of the sentence 'this recent work' and add it back to its verb/action 'is part of' and the rest 'just the one hypothesis' etc. 'was killed' and 'buried locally'.
It does not need to say that she 'died in 5A'. She could well have been slapped hard, hit her head, blood spattering on the wall, but died of head injury some time later. The body may then have been stored in 5A, cadavour odour emitting, before later removal.
The McC case hangs on disruption to 'search'. Clearly the search has continued.
The pain suffered is the other aspect, well they have had their chance to demonstrate their pain and the 'smiling' photos have helped them to prove their level of pain.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by cassius 13.06.14 12:29

bobbin wrote:
cassius wrote:

I don't think uT's posts are offensive. I think you 'took offense' at comments aimed at Gerry McCann.

The 'slums' of Glasgow have a very long historical reference as being 'slums'.
It may be different now, and I sincerely hope it is, but that does not eradicate the image portrayed by the historical facts.

Re the Glaswegian accent. Much money is made from the humour aimed at highlighting the very fact that most people OUTSIDE of Glasgow stand little chance of understanding it at all.

Think Rab C Nesbitt. Done deliberately to show the 'accent' and its 'incomprehensibility' up.
The Rab comedy is brilliant, laying it on thick, not just on accent but on local living conditions, and just goes to show that 'intelligent' people can highlight an observed feature, to make a point, as did uT.

Every group makes fun of accents, and local quirks, sometimes of their own.
That's what 'humour' is about, it's also about distinguishing different historical evolutions.

You can perfectly reasonably state that your mother lives in Govanhill, and you do not consider it to be the slum that it was once portrayed as, but if you choose to take offense that is your problem.

i hope uT will continue to portray Gerry McC as the pretentious creature that he shows himself to be.

From your pompous rant i can see you obviously don,t get out much from your castle.
cassius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.06.14 12:34

No more personal comments please, everyone!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 13.06.14 12:48

I hate to say it, but I think Pat Brown has completely lost the plot and I sometimes wonder if she has any faith in her own theories. 

She is treating the case as if it were still an unsolved mystery.  Those of us who KNOW right through to our innards that there was no abductor, do not regard this case as a mystery, and imo, that includes the police forces of Portugal and the UK. 

If Pat understood the complexity of this case, she would understand that the two police forces have not spent this past 3 years plus looking for a random abductor, they have been building a case.  Clearly the McCanns are not solely responsible for everything that has happened since May 2007, they had help. Its not simply a case of arresting the parents and taking their chances in Court.  If they can't make the charges stick, then the £10+ will indeed have been wasted. 

Pat must be aware of the Jonbenet Ramsey case in the US.  The police in Boulder, Colorado, were in exactly the same position as SY and the PJ.  Although they had the body, the evidence had been contaminated and they knew they did not have enough to get a conviction.  Unfortunately, that happens the world over and it must be infuriating for police to watch 'villains' walk, again and again, but such is the justice system, a case must be proved.

As we know the Ramseys never faced justice.  However, this case differs.  Both Portugal and the UK are currently running live investigations, both of which much reach conclusions.  SY declaring the McCanns innocent would be meaningless, the PJ have primacy. 

The men and women of SY and the PJ were shown on the world media actively digging and searching wasteland.  Hard, manual, physical work and probably not very pleasant in the summer heat.  They weren't doing that to appease two Leicestershire doctors, they were searching for the body of a 3 year old child.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 13.06.14 12:56

sorry deleting this - apologies
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 13.06.14 12:57

HelenMeg wrote:Joana reporting that the Mc Canns asking for out of court settlement - today - see Morais blogspot / twitter - apologies if this old news - in a hurry
They will not go there and will use the SY digging exercise as an excuse as to why they are too traumatised to attend
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13.06.14 13:04

noddy100 wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:Joana reporting that the Mc Canns asking for out of court settlement - today - see Morais blogspot / twitter - apologies if this old news - in a hurry
They will not go there and will use the SY digging exercise as an excuse as to why they are too traumatised to attend
but I thought they were told by sy not to go when the digging started,i think Gerry has to go, after all he wanted to say his piece and now he has the chance, be a shame if he makes a silly excuse up not to go.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.06.14 13:13

tiny wrote:
noddy100 wrote:
but I thought they were told by sy not to go when the digging started,i think Gerry has to go, after all he wanted to say his piece and now he has the chance, be a shame if he makes a silly excuse up not to go.
but did we ever see that as a direct quote tiny - I don't think we did?  I recall someone posted along the lines of they had been told not to go, but didn't say who had said this.

Yes, the judge has allowed him his chance, so I don't see how he cannot go after making an appeal.  Making an appeal appears as though he was desparate for his day in court and now this wish has been granted.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 13.06.14 16:31

Cristobell wrote:
If Pat understood the complexity of this case, she would understand that the two police forces have not spent this past 3 years plus looking for a random abductor, they have been building a case.  Clearly the McCanns are not solely responsible for everything that has happened since May 2007, they had help. Its not simply a case of arresting the parents and taking their chances in Court.  If they can't make the charges stick, then the £10+ will indeed have been wasted. 

The men and women of SY and the PJ were shown on the world media actively digging and searching wasteland.  Hard, manual, physical work and probably not very pleasant in the summer heat.  They weren't doing that to appease two Leicestershire doctors, they were searching for the body of a 3 year old child.

What's baffling to me though is that the UK government would sign what appears to be a blank cheque for a 7-year old cold case. A case that has cost some £7m and rising rapidly by the day. And they appear to have done it without any real new evidence. There was no breakthrough that prompted this level of spend. They have been at it for 3 years now, and as we head into the libel trial on Monday, NOTHING has changed. Maybe they are building a case as you suggest - I hope so - but so far not a single jot of evidence has been released to the public to support that theory - it's all been about how close they are to arresting an abductor / burglar / sex-offender. The whole thing is SURREAL....!

But Pat is right in one respect - the recent statement from SY does help with the McCanns speech on Monday. If the dig had still been ongoing, then I doubt the McCanns would even have shown up. The timing was absolutely perfect for them. Coincidental perhaps, but it will be exploited to the full. Already has been in fact.

clown 

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.06.14 17:07

Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 BqBag6NIIAEUC97
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 13.06.14 20:08

Bishop Brennan wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

What's baffling to me though is that the UK government would sign what appears to be a blank cheque for a 7-year old cold case. A case that has cost some £7m and rising rapidly by the day.  And they appear to have done it without any real new evidence.  There was no breakthrough that prompted this level of spend.  They have been at it for 3 years now, and as we head into the libel trial on Monday, NOTHING has changed.  Maybe they are building a case as you suggest - I hope so - but so far not a single jot of evidence has been released to the public to support that theory - it's all been about how close they are to arresting an abductor / burglar / sex-offender.  The whole thing is SURREAL....!    

They may have thought at the outset that it wouldn't take this long.  They don't appear to be in any hurry, which suggests neither Madeleine or any other children are in imminent danger.  The police haven't been looking for anyone for a while now, the bed hopper is but a distant memory, as is Smellyman and Targetman (though they may be one and the same).   

But Pat is right in one respect - the recent statement from SY does help with the McCanns speech on Monday.  If the dig had still been ongoing, then I doubt the McCanns would even have shown up.  The timing was absolutely perfect for them.  Coincidental perhaps, but it will be exploited to the full.  Already has been in fact.

clown 

I agree the McCanns will use the 'no evidence' battlecry once again, though their 'no-one is looking' now sounds a bit hollow.  However what is accepted without second thought by headline skimmers, will be scrutinized by the Learned Judge.  The police are clearly looking for a body.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 13.06.14 20:13

PeterMac wrote:Libel Trial resuming Monday 16th June - Page 2 BqBag6NIIAEUC97
That should be on twitter!
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top