The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The World Cup 2014 thread

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Lioned on 12.06.14 18:12

notlongnow wrote:Englands best assets imo are barkley,sterling and ox.
Sadly i can;t see them getting much of a look in,maybe sterling.
We look better without gerrard and possibly rooney.

Johnson is the weakest link and he could get pulled to pieces.
I agree completely about Gerard and Rooney.They may be good players,particularly Gerard,but they tend to command too much and are very predictable.Rooney has one good game in five and thats no good if you have three games to get out the group.
I would have Rooney on the bench and start with Gerard with a view to taking him off if we need to be more adventurous.

Lioned

Posts : 150
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 19:43

Rasputin wrote:Its a non-event for me , football lost its way as did boxing as is formula 1 .

I watched Rush recently. I wouldn't like to go back to those days, despite the fact that "I" was actually one of the main characters.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Guest on 12.06.14 19:44

aquila wrote:Never mind, if British football makes you sad/mad remember that happiness is egg shaped. kissykissy 


Aquila, I fear you and I are destined never to agree about anything, ever.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by aquila on 12.06.14 20:04

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
aquila wrote:Never mind, if British football makes you sad/mad remember that happiness is egg shaped. kissykissy 


Aquila, I fear you and I are destined never to agree about anything, ever.
Don't fear disagreement Clay, it's only a game. big grin

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by aquila on 12.06.14 20:11

PeterMac wrote:Rich men




A pig's bladder

I'm glad you didn't show a picture of Septic Bladder.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 13.06.14 1:16

fossey wrote:
cassius wrote:
petunia wrote:fossey i don't think for one minute England will win it..I am thinking more violence towards the British fans,i have a bad feeling about this world cup..
Which group are Britain in?
GROUP D.

England 
Costa Rica
Italy
Uruguay

Be lucky to get out of that in all fairness.

Tonight's opening game.

Brazil 3 - Croatia 1

For anyone who likes a cheeky bet. You heard it here first.
I will be giving out the numbers for the Euromillions on Friday afternoon. 

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by annemab on 13.06.14 1:39

Lol fossey!  big grin

annemab

Posts : 34
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by plebgate on 13.06.14 8:09

fossey wrote:
fossey wrote:
cassius wrote:
petunia wrote:fossey i don't think for one minute England will win it..I am thinking more violence towards the British fans,i have a bad feeling about this world cup..
Which group are Britain in?
GROUP D.

England 
Costa Rica
Italy
Uruguay

Be lucky to get out of that in all fairness.

Tonight's opening game.

Brazil 3 - Croatia 1

For anyone who likes a cheeky bet. You heard it here first.
I will be giving out the numbers for the Euromillions on Friday afternoon. 
You're not the famous sea turtle are you?   big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-27806928

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 13.06.14 11:49

Fossey's tips.


After yesterday's 14/1 winner and before i shoot out later to enjoy a nice cold beer or 10 in the sunshine, courtesy of those winnings, then i thought i would post my scorecast's for tonight's 3 games.


Not that anyone probably gives a rat's ass.


Anyway.

17.00 - Mexico 2 - 1 Cameroon.

20.00 - Spain 1 - 1 Netherlands.

23.00 - Chile 3 - 0 Australia.

A cheeky pound on the treble will return 700 sheets.

I'm off to lump on so i can move to the Caribbean.

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by notlongnow on 13.06.14 15:32

Excellent call on the game fossey.
Won me a tenner(with the help of a rubbish ref)

Will be following you tips.

notlongnow

Posts : 481
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by tigger on 13.06.14 21:55

Spain - Netherlands. 1  -    5

 big grin      van Persie.   thumbsup

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Mirage on 13.06.14 21:57

Just WOW Nederland. What a match. Commiserations Spain. Could have been the final.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1664
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by PeterMac on 13.06.14 22:08

fossey wrote:Fossey's tips.
After yesterday's 14/1 winner and before i shoot out later to enjoy a nice cold beer or 10 in the sunshine, courtesy of those winnings, then i thought i would post my scorecast's for tonight's 3 games.
Not that anyone probably gives a rat's ass
Anyway.

17.00 - Mexico 2 - 1 Cameroon. actually 1-0

20.00 - Spain 1 - 1 Netherlands.  Actually 5-1

23.00 - Chile 3 - 0 Australia.

A cheeky pound on the treble will MIGHT return 700 sheets.
I'm off to lump on so i can move to the Caribbean.

I deeply regret I did not put 1000 euros on your first prediction - as we probably all do.
But thanks for the advice about the Rat

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by notlongnow on 13.06.14 22:47

What a great game.
Spain looked in control the 1st half.
Spain v chile could be a cracker.

notlongnow

Posts : 481
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Lioned on 14.06.14 1:12

Cahill always scores.

A tenner at 8/1 brings me home 80 squid which will go onto an England win tonight.   clapping

Lioned

Posts : 150
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by rainbow-fairy on 14.06.14 1:26

tigger wrote:Spain - Netherlands. 1  -    5

 big grin      van Persie.   thumbsup
friends
OH yes! I still have not much voice after that game! Beautiful.
Robben, Robben, Robben yes

THAT is how a game should be played, commiserations Spain but you were utterly destroyed second half!
And to England supporters - unless they can play even close to that, (and I've never seen it) - not a chance.

To the finals now, Netherlands......

And Mirage - yes, agreed - WOW.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 14.06.14 8:03

What a performance by Holland last night. Did we witness the potential world cup winners. If they play like that, then an outstanding chance.

As petermac pointed out, my tips were shocking. Apologies.

Just a bit of harmless fun but i guess this is not really the place for discussing stuff like that. 

Anyway, best of luck for England tonight.

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by tigger on 14.06.14 8:38

fossey wrote:What a performance by Holland last night. Did we witness the potential world cup winners. If they play like that, then an outstanding chance.

As petermac pointed out, my tips were shocking. Apologies.

Just a bit of harmless fun but i guess this is not really the place for discussing stuff like that. 

Anyway, best of luck for England tonight.

I once got a tip from the stables (I was visiting friends there) really hot tip from a trainer for the Irish Derby 40 - 1.
Didn't have a clue how to post a bet, horse came in first,
One doesn't forget these things.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 14.06.14 8:58

tigger wrote:
fossey wrote:What a performance by Holland last night. Did we witness the potential world cup winners. If they play like that, then an outstanding chance.

As petermac pointed out, my tips were shocking. Apologies.

Just a bit of harmless fun but i guess this is not really the place for discussing stuff like that. 

Anyway, best of luck for England tonight.

I once got a tip from the stables (I was visiting friends there) really hot tip from a trainer for the Irish Derby 40 - 1.
Didn't have a clue how to post a bet, horse came in  first,  
One doesn't forget these things.
Tigger - if you get any more hot tips like that, then feel free to post them.

I love a day at the races and go a lot. 

I took a friend of mine to the 2009 Grand National. He didn't have a clue about horse racing. Stuck 50 pounds on the number of the horse which was the same date he was born on. 15th. (we all thought he was bonkers)

Number 15 = Mon Mome.

Mon Mome won at 100/1.

Couldn't believe it.

Jammey get. Got to be in it to win it though i guess.

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Guest on 14.06.14 12:00


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 14.06.14 12:16

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfmlg_JT7U

Vindaloo all round.
Haha - yeah absolutely.

Hey, it's a better song than the garbage Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull (Pitbull??) spouted out on the opening ceremony. 

That literally was a 'disaster'.

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by Lioned on 14.06.14 12:45

fossey wrote:What a performance by Holland last night. Did we witness the potential world cup winners. If they play like that, then an outstanding chance.

As petermac pointed out, my tips were shocking. Apologies.

Just a bit of harmless fun but i guess this is not really the place for discussing stuff like that. 

Anyway, best of luck for England tonight.

Well you got the first one right even if the ref cheated somewhat ! Which was better than i got so far but i did have money on Tim scoring in his lucky 4 shirt,pure class as usual.

So tonight the bookies fancy the draw at 9/2 which may not be a bad bet but i only go for the long odds usually just to add a bit of fun to proceedings.

On that basis we have England to win 3-1 or maybe 4-1 havn't decided yet but odds are 33/1 or 80/1 respectively so thats worth a few quid.

Lioned

Posts : 150
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03
Age : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 14.06.14 13:21

Good call on the Cahill anytime scorer Lioned.

I believe it will be a very tight game tonight. Can't see many, if any goals and i'm going for a draw.

0-0 or 1-1. 

Now that i have said that it will be a 5-4 thriller with England nicking it in stoppage time..... Yay!!!!

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by fossey on 14.06.14 14:55

Sod it - One hit wonder will try to redeem himself and offer tonight's scorecast tips on the 3 games before the beer garden shortly calls.

Columbia 2 - 1 Greece

England 1 - 1 Italy

Ivory coast 1 - 0 Japan

Don't worry folks. Will ban myself if none of the above come in.

ETA - Missed a game. (Ivory coast v Japan is not til 2 in the morn)

Uruguay 3 - 0 Costa Rica

fossey

Posts : 293
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The World Cup 2014 thread

Post by tigger on 14.06.14 16:40

fossey wrote:
tigger wrote:
fossey wrote:What a performance by Holland last night. Did we witness the potential world cup winners. If they play like that, then an outstanding chance.

As petermac pointed out, my tips were shocking. Apologies.

Just a bit of harmless fun but i guess this is not really the place for discussing stuff like that. 

Anyway, best of luck for England tonight.

I once got a tip from the stables (I was visiting friends there) really hot tip from a trainer for the Irish Derby 40 - 1.
Didn't have a clue how to post a bet, horse came in  first,  
One doesn't forget these things.
Tigger - if you get any more hot tips like that, then feel free to post them.

I love a day at the races and go a lot. 

I took a friend of mine to the 2009 Grand National. He didn't have a clue about horse racing. Stuck 50 pounds on the number of the horse which was the same date he was born on. 15th. (we all thought he was bonkers)

Number 15 = Mon Mome.

Mon Mome won at 100/1.

Couldn't believe it.

Jammey get. Got to be in it to win it though i guess.

Since them every horse I've ever bet on has been in danger of getting mixed up in the next race, not a natural talent.  winkwink 

Still, I will have a go - England - Italy 1 - 0.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum