The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists

Post by Watching on 08.06.14 10:47

@russiandoll wrote:
 The key question is, how many of the readership on this beautiful sunny morning will be paying enough attention to read between the lines? How many will go  HUH? and re-read it? How many will take it as a face-value support piece rather than see the subtlety and nuances it contains?

NONE - is most probably the answer!  Readers (apart from followers of this case) will see the article for what it is - Burley referring to anyone who does not believe the account by Mr & Mrs as being hateful, nasty, spiteful people.  Only those who have studied the case in depth could possibly read anything other than this into this piece - I fail to see the point then of Burley writing as she did - a message to those who already suspect Mr & Mrs?  They're not the ones needing enlightenment or to be converted. The non believers (in involvement by Mr & Mrs) the uninformed, will see only the word 'HATE'  
I think her piece is as straightforward as she is - getting a dig at those who do not support the account by Mr & Mrs.  She could not do this without raising specific points.  Burley not one to pussy foot around an issue!

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists

Post by bristow on 08.06.14 11:16

@aquila wrote:@Mods

There will probably be a few more new people looking at the forum today.

Just for them (and a reminder to all of us who have already read them) is it possible to put up Gerry's Blogs on a separate thread?

If anyone needs to understand the mindset of Gerry McCann within days of Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry's own words are a good insight imo.

Sorry for interrupting this topic. Please delete post if not useful.
Good idea.  I know personally of five people who have now become suspicious of the McCanns since this latest news and I have directed them here and told them of Gerrys blogs.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PIForHire on 08.06.14 11:26

Is it possible to see how many people are on this site now?

PIForHire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.06.14 11:28

The information is on the portal page - 585 on line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 08.06.14 11:39

@PeterMac wrote:There is something extremely odd about this piece.
This is written by an educated and fairly bright woman, and even though it is aimed at the lower end of the Tabloid market, is constructed in a very peculiar way

There can’t be many parents around the world unaware of the plight of a beautiful little girl who was only three years old when she disappeared in 2007,  
So there is no point in donating Funds to Increase Awareness
Immediately recognisable by her first name, Madeleine, the eldest of the McCann children disappeared one warm May evening in 2007 as her parents dined with friends in a restaurant at their resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal.  
Please note - Disappeared - NOT was abducted.
Despite an Interpol search and worldwide publicity nothing has been seen of the little one since
Which may tell you something . . .
This week, seven years on, police from the Met have begun searching an area of scrubland near the apartment including a deep, concealed shaft and sewers.
Could this prove to be the final resting place ?
SY and the PJ obviously think it is, or they would not be looking there.
Her parents, Kate and Gerry, who suffer every single day with the consequences of their actions that night have decided not to travel to Praia da Luz for this latest hunt for Madeleine.
Who can blame them?
. . .when they know they could be arrested on arrival . . .
Well, it would appear quite a few. I am absolutely staggered by the number of people on social media who think they know exactly what happened to little Madeleine.
I am staggered because I assumed that people merely followed what they were told by people like me, rather than researching it for themselves.  That is a revelation
Conspiracy theorists believe that it’s only a matter of time before the McCanns are held culpable for their daughter’s disappearance.
But I couldn't possibly give my own opinion, so I shall put it in the Third person, and hope I get away with not being sued
They point out Kate refused to answer some questions put her by the Portuguese police. Kate was with her lawyer when interviewed by the police.
Oh, sorry. Didn't you know that,  Yes its true she REFUSED to help the police.   I added the bit about the lawyer just to show you how she values her own freedom more than Madeleine's
She would have been advised what to say.
Probably, but in any event she is on record as refusing to help.  And I have used the wording "advised what to say" to make it clear that they had an official story worked out.
The haters refer to cadaver dogs who showed ‘beyond doubt’ that a body must have been kept in the wardrobe of the apartment and then later driven in the McCann’s hire car to be buried.
Read that again slowly. The Haters refer to the dogs, AND the dogs showed beyond doubt . . .  
It is unequivocal.  I did not say "The haters WRONGLY ASSUME, or PRETEND THAT, or MISQUOTE or MISUNDERSTAND
I have writen it as it is  -  The dogs [who] showed 'beyond doubt' that a body MUST have been kept in the wardrobe . . .

Under the noses of the Portuguese police and the world’s press ?
I thought I would stick in the reference to "noses" just for fun.  Good isn't it !
(Easy to dismiss such claims as Looney Tunes, but even a national newspaper was guilty of claiming the McCanns know more than they have said)
And if you look back you will find that I too have given you evidence that Kate did this, when she refused to answer the questions
As a mother I am offended and appalled by such unfounded allegations.
Every morning the McCann’s must wake up only to be smothered by a blanket of guilt
I thought I would get that one in, "smothered' and "Blanket"   I am really on form today, don't you think
‘If only we’d done this…’
Well quite. Like calling an ambulance and doing it all properly
They have always held on to the hope that Madeleine will be found alive.
Apart from the early stages when they admitted she might be dead, but that was before the"Fund" really kicked in
So as the search continues, please ignore the haters and think instead of two desperate parents hundreds of miles away sitting by the phone and hoping against hope that nothing is found this time.
Ignore the haters and think for yourselves.  Imagine what they are going through, not knowing whether it will be a phone call giving the all-clear, or a knock on the door with two police vehicles in the drive.  
One for each.

I canot help thinking that if TB wrote something like this, nuanced in this way, he would be in prison by later this afternoon

Nuanced all right. Old throat-grabber Burley hedging her bets. Whatever the outcome, it's win win all the way for our Kay. At th'end 't day it'll be a case of:  No I meant this. No I meant that.

Is she a Libdem?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.06.14 11:43

is she testing the waters so that she can claim an exclusive story when the time comes?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 08.06.14 12:08

@ChippyM wrote:is she testing the waters so that she can claim an exclusive story when the time comes?
My feelings exactly hoping to out do Katie Hopkins

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.06.14 12:51

She is a News READER.
She READS out aloud what other people have written and have put on a bit of paper, or on the autocue.
She is not required to write anything herself, nor to think.

And when she tries to do both - - - Oh Dear !

I am constantly amazed that we endow News-READERS with such perspicacity, in the same way as we assume that Quiz-masters are in some way intelligent, and knew the answers all along.
Sir Trevor McDonald got a knighthood - for servces to . . . reading off an auto-cue ? ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 08.06.14 12:57

@littlepixie wrote:After all these years of pink stories in the press I am skeptical about Ms Burleys motives for writing this piece. The press were warned about writing about this case before the digs started. The papers have been full of details about the dig. I believe Burley is mischief making and if this dig is genuine (and I am on the fence about that ATM) she could be ruining the Police case if they are trying to build one.

She is a vulture IMO
 I feel the same! And I don't care how she put her point across, I don't like being called a "hater" or "looney tunes". If she has something to say re the case, then why not say it outright instead of in riddles as, some think she's done. It's because she hasn't got the balls to, along with other journos, that's why. They make me sick.

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 08.06.14 13:03

We should all sue them for defamation.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 08.06.14 13:10

The use of the word 'haters' 'looney tunes' and then this:

"As a mother I am offended and appalled by such unfounded allegations."

All those things contradict it being a clever article. Almost a clever article but these 3 things swing it back the other way.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 08.06.14 13:11

She would go ape if she read this, admins please remove if you think it is OTT.  This has just been posted on a FB group called 'UK Abuses The Rights Of Children and Their Parents Human Rights'

These are not MY words but posted in a lobby group.

unknown wrote:UK ABUSES THE RIGHTS OF CHILDREN AND THEIR PARENTS HUMAN RIGHTS
6 mins ·
Their children (Madeleine McCann's parents) were not taken, because they have connections in high places with Establishment, at the time PM Gordon Brown, who backed them up.
All of this is making money from crime.
Everywhere on FB Social Media sites, Groups purporting to help stop abuse, do not really want crimes & money made from it to end, nothing sincere & honest about any of this.
You do your bit to end all this by NOT doing the following, it's all money spinners, to make more money from crime, Government authorities behind it & loving it, as it will not end ~
- Do NOT 'Go Fund' anyone.
- Do NOT buy anything from Groups set up to help STOP crimes.
- Do NOT help by giving ANY money to anyone, no matter what they say it is for, as it all ENCOURAGES these crimes to continue, with people getting famous & receiving tons of money from agony & horror being done to people.
STOP the leaches, locus & parasites making money, causing a vicious circle of pain, agony & horror to continue.
CLASS ACTION required against Government authorities, for their crimes against, forcing elderly, children, handicapped, disabled, the vulnerable etc, all into authorities non existent 'no care', making a vicious circle of making money from crimes. Everyone is jumping on the band wagon wanting us abused to Go Fund them, businesses set up, selling things, want MONEY ALL the time for this to continue!
STOP do not part with your MONEY under any circumstances for this to carry on!
Let's join forces & not allow anyone to make money from EVIL!
What do YOU say?
Are we in agreement here?
If we are ALL agreed on this LIKE this comment & let's STOP this evil NOW!

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.06.14 13:53

[quote="PeterMac"]

[quote]
They point out Kate refused to answer some questions put her by the Portuguese police. Kate was with her lawyer when interviewed by the police.
Oh, sorry. Didn't you know that,  Yes its true she REFUSED to help the police.   I added the bit about the lawyer just to show you how she values her own freedom more than Madeleine's
She would have been advised what to say.
Probably, but in any event she is on record as refusing to help.  And I have used the wording "advised what to say" to make it clear that they had an official story worked out.[quote]

This is what Judge Saunders had to say pertaining to interviewee  "refusal to answer questions" in guiding the jury in the Hack Trial.

[quote] Saunders then reminded the jury that all of the defendants had, at one point or another, refused to answer questions when interviewed by the police. He noted the words of the police caution, "you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention something you later rely on in court", and said it was up to the jury if they wished to draw an adverse influence from this. The judge said the defendants had told the court they had acted on legal advice but they were "intelligent people who were used to making decisions" and the responsibility for not answering police questions was theirs. Saunders then apologised to the jury for the complexity of this direction as this matter was "incredibly difficult to explain in an intelligible way".

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 08.06.14 14:07

@sonic72 wrote:The use of the word 'haters' 'looney tunes' and then this:

"As a mother I am offended and appalled by such unfounded allegations."

All those things contradict it being a clever article. Almost a clever article but these 3 things swing it back the other way.

"As a mother" I wonder if she's offended by the only answer that Kate actually DID give. If I was a mother I think I'd be pretty horrified...

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 08.06.14 14:11

@Watching wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:
 The key question is, how many of the readership on this beautiful sunny morning will be paying enough attention to read between the lines? How many will go  HUH? and re-read it? How many will take it as a face-value support piece rather than see the subtlety and nuances it contains?

NONE - is most probably the answer!  Readers (apart from followers of this case) will see the article for what it is - Burley referring to anyone who does not believe the account by Mr & Mrs as being hateful, nasty, spiteful people.  Only those who have studied the case in depth could possibly read anything other than this into this piece - I fail to see the point then of Burley writing as she did - a message to those who already suspect Mr & Mrs?  They're not the ones needing enlightenment or to be converted. The non believers (in involvement by Mr & Mrs) the uninformed, will see only the word 'HATE'  
I think her piece is as straightforward as she is - getting a dig at those who do not support the account by Mr & Mrs.  She could not do this without raising specific points.  Burley not one to pussy foot around an issue!
I don't know. I'm sure Kay Burley absolutely could have written a supportive piece, slating the haters, without bringing up any of the red flags she did in her article. 

This is a rush-job! But how about this: (alterations my bold, omissions quite clear):

"There can’t be many parents around the world unaware of the plight of a beautiful little girl who was only three years old when she disappeared in 2007,  
Immediately recognisable by her first name, Madeleine, the eldest of the McCann children was abducted one warm May evening in 2007 as her parents dined with friends in a restaurant at their resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal.  The apartment was approximately 50m from the bar and the McCanns and friends were making 15 minute checks on their peacefully sleeping children.
Despite an Interpol search and worldwide publicity nothing has been seen of the little one since. Two separate witnesses reported seeing a man carrying a
sleeping child just before Kate found Madeleine missing. Was this the abductor?

This week, seven years on, police from the Met have begun searching an area of scrubland near the apartment including a deep, concealed shaft and sewers.
Could this prove to be the final resting place ?

Her parents, Kate and Gerry, who suffer every single day with the consequences of their actions that night have decided not to travel to Praia da Luz for this latest hunt for Madeleine.
Who can blame them?

Not I, and likely not you, but it would appear quite a few. I am absolutely staggered by the number of people on social media who think they know exactly what happened to little Madeleine. This unfounded speculation by the armchair detectives is just so cruel. 

Conspiracy theorists believe that it’s only a matter of time before the McCanns are held culpable for their daughter’s disappearance.
They point out the McCanns didn't look upset enough! That they jogged - a perfectly understandable way of staying calm at that time -, put the twins into the resort creche (why should we judge them for trying to give their remaining children a piece of normality ?)
The haters refer to sniffer dogs who, to their minds proved that something happened to Madeleine in the apartment without any more evidence to back up their theories. 

Such claims are obviously Looney Tunes, but even a national newspaper was guilty of claiming the McCanns know more than they have said. They were subsequently sued for libel, having to pay £500,000 as a result of the unfounded allegations.[/b] 

As a mother I am offended and appalled by such unfounded allegations.
Every morning the McCann’s must wake up only to be devastated all over again by the result of their simple mistake.
‘If only we’d done this…’
They have always held on to the hope that Madeleine will be found alive.

So as the search continues, please ignore the haters and think instead of two desperate parents hundreds of miles away sitting by the phone and hoping against hope that their daughter is not buried in these desolate wastelands, but alive and safe. As right-minded people, thankfully the vast majority of us hope for this result." 

IMO, she knew *exactly* what she was doing.....
[/b]

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 08.06.14 14:39

They point out Kate refused to answer some questions put her by the Portuguese police. Kate was with her lawyer when interviewed by the police. wrote:She would have been advised what to say.

Well Kay, since you're obviously reading this - let's be more precise about this:  Kate refused to answer 48 questions put to her by Portuguese police to be exact. Relevant and pertinent questions such as:

Question 1. "On May 3 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?

Question 7. "Assuming Madeleine had been abducted, why did you leave the twins home alone to go to the ‘Tapas’ and raise the alarm? Because the supposed abductor could still be in the apartment."

Question 11,. "Why did you go and warn your friends instead of shouting from the verandah?"

Question 20 "Why did the twins not wake up during that search or when they were taken upstairs?"

To quote your words: "As a mother I am offended and appalled " that anyone should offer up such a lame pathetic excuse as "she would have been advised what to say" as a reason for NOT cooperating with a police investigation which was trying to find out what had happened to her daughter.

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.06.14 15:04

I don't like Kay Burley.

She's a shark but, credit where credit's due, she knows when a big story is going to break and she makes damn sure that she's up front and centre when it does.

I think it is a very clever article - the phrase "blanket of guilt" leaped off the screen and my first thought was, "I wonder if this is Kay's way of hinting that the police have found a blanket, or fragments of one." My second thought was, "Nah, probably not."

Interesting times ahead.

ppcorn 

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.06.14 15:10

IMO there was no need for Burley to use the word haters.  She may have made a few points the gen. public may not have known about but to me she was out of order using the term haters.  BOO BOO BOO.

I could pass comment on what I think of her face lift but not being a hateful person I'll pass.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2072904/Kay-Burley-says-barely-look-mirror-facelift-trauma.html

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Did she read ANY of the evidence ?

Post by PeterMac on 08.06.14 15:14

Immediately recognisable by her first name, Madeleine, the eldest of the McCann children disappeared one warm May evening in 2007 as her parents dined with friends in a restaurant at their resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal.  

Or indeed a freezing cold evening, as all the witnesses actually said.  ( And the evening of a freezing cold day- NOT the day of the hot and sweaty Last Photo)

Kate McCann  is very clear that outside, the weather was cold.
p. 73   “It was so cold and so windy.”   [5]
Jane Tanner is equally insistent
JT: . . . and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up.
Richard Bilton    Could you tell . . .?
JT: . . . It was actually quite cold.  [6]
and again
“Yeah, and there were some people inside because it was quite chilly by, by this, it was actually quite, quite cold”.
and again
I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, erm, fleeces,
and again
I’d got Russell’s big jumper on, cropped trousers and flip-flips and, yeah, it was quite, you know, sort of cold”
and again
4078    “. . . at that time, didn’t really think anything of it other than the child might have cold feet?”
Reply    “Yeah, and just”.  
and yet again
4078    “So you went on the wrong day.”
Reply    “Yeah, I think err so it wasn’t, that’s one reason why we didn’t open the shutters to open the window or anything in that room, it wasn’t actually really hot at all, it was actually quite cloudy in the days and at night it was actually quite chilly.” [7]

Russell O’Brien :   The nights were quite chilly  [8]
Matthew Oldfield in the evenings it was very cold, [9]
Rachel Oldfield   it was really cold in the evenings [10]
David Payne it was quite cold some nights and you know perhaps nearly too cold to be sat outside  [11]
Fiona Payne it was still very cold [12]
Diane Webster when they were brought up to our apartment and they would have to come out into the cold   [13]

The more they try to make it right, the more they prove it is wrong.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 08.06.14 15:26

Unless it is subtle hint the day wasn't the 3rd Peter? Like a day that was really sunny and would bring a sweat on sitting round the pool?

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 08.06.14 15:29

@plebgate wrote:IMO there was no need for Burley to use the word haters.  She may have made a few points the gen. public may not have known about but to me she was out of order using the term haters.  BOO BOO BOO.

I could pass comment on what I think of her face lift but not being a hateful person I'll pass.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2072904/Kay-Burley-says-barely-look-mirror-facelift-trauma.html

Well the language sounds like it comes from an infamous site that I believe was closed down once. I confess I do read a few of their threads and wonder why they choose to attack people so personally from having a different opinion to themselves.  When you put yourself in the spotlight and in the McCann's case want to continue there you will experience criticism.  

Even Ben Needham's family do but I don't see dedicated forums in their defense with such ferocity. What drives somebody to defend people they probably don't even know to this extent.  I am still fairly open on this case however I think we are being led up the garden path by this ludicrous investigation.  The main point is to me is there was a case of questionable child care arrangements which whatever you believe allowed this to happen. As well as fund which I believe has been abused by individuals that have not helped in the slightest to get justice for what is at the end of the day an innocent young girl.

I wonder if she is a follower of Bonny's lot or possibly a member?

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.06.14 15:31

@PeterMac wrote:She is a News READER.
She READS out aloud what other people have written and have put on a bit of paper, or on the autocue.

And when she tries to do both - - -  Oh Dear !

I am constantly amazed that we endow News-READERS with such perspicacity, in the same way as we assume that Quiz-masters are in some way intelligent, and knew the answers all along.
Sir Trevor McDonald got a knighthood - for servces to  . . .  reading off an auto-cue ? ?
I've just bought a copy of the Sunday People.

The article is in there - Page 21 a whole page of Kay Burley's opinions on several topics.

One topic interestingly is her reaction re Susanna Reid's recent slating.

She states the following:

"
Having done quite a bit of both TV and newspaper journalism, I feel qualified to offer an opinion in print.

So let me share with you a couple of decent analogies between the two skills - it's rather like a plasterer telling a plumber how to install central heating or Wayne Rooney advising Johnny Wilkinson how to take a penalty kick.

In other words, you don't know what you're flipping talking about, mate. Now pass me that spanner....."

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.06.14 15:42

@plebgate wrote:IMO there was no need for Burley to use the word haters.  She may have made a few points the gen. public may not have known about but to me she was out of order using the term haters.  BOO BOO BOO.

I think she is just trying to disguise her true meanng by the use of the word 'haters'. It's quite a  juvenile, simplistic term that a sort of trashy young demographic would be used to. I think she's taking a dig at the McCann supporters who label anyone with an alternative view a 'hater'.

She also says 'misguided' conspiracy theorists as if she may acknowledge that some of the conspiracy theorists aren't misguided.   If the McCanns and friends have been lying that would definitely count as a conspiracy.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad on 08.06.14 15:47

@PeterMac wrote:She is a News READER.

And when she tries to do both - - - Oh Dear !

Sir Trevor McDonald got a knighthood - for servces to . . . reading off an auto-cue ? ?

This what I was trying to say earlier, in a somewhat cruder way. She's a Sky mouthpiece. What comes out of her mouth (or keyboard) must be officially Sky approved.

Murdoch hedging his bets?

Naz_Nomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.06.14 15:51

@ChippyM wrote:

I think she is just trying to disguise her true meanng by the use of the word 'haters'. It's quite a  juvenile, simplistic term that a sort of trashy young demographic would be used to. I think she's taking a dig at the McCann supporters who label anyone with an alternative view a 'hater'.

She also says 'misguided' conspiracy theorists as if she may acknowledge that some of the conspiracy theorists aren't misguided.   If the McCanns and friends have been lying that would definitely count as a conspiracy.
Could be Chippy but your average Joe isn't going to work all of that out.   Anyone who questions is a hater, conspiracy theorist,   don't think so, but of course my thoughts wont be aired on prime time news tv slot.

BOO TO BURLEY from me.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum