The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Regist10

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists

Post by Tangled Web 08.06.14 0:24

tasprin wrote:
missmar1 wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:Anyone know why Ms Burley only uses the words 'disappeared and disappearance' as opposed to the McCanns using the words 'abducted or abduction'?

I noticed she didnt state the restaurant the Mccann's were dining in was near-by either !

Her comment, "I am absolutely staggered by the number of people on social media who think they know exactly what happened to little Madeleine", is not helpful either.
I thought TM's strategy was to play down the number of people that disbelieve the official story..

Indeed. I doubt they want the general public knowing it's a 'staggering' amount!!
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists

Post by Watching 08.06.14 0:25

Mirage wrote:
Watching wrote:Mrs said:

“I know I'm not scared but that man has caused us so much upset and anger because of how he has treated my beautiful Madeleine and the search to find her. He deserves to be miserable and feel fear."

Not a whole lotta lovin going on here - hate maybe?

and Ms Burley choked a photographer:

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Article-1028007-01AF634200000578-872_468x355

Not a whole lotta lovin goin on here either - HATE MAYBE?

Wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over mad, bad Burley
Clearly Ms Burley has a very liberal approach to common assault. Was she ever charged with an offence?

Anyone who grabs a person by the throat is of very suspect character indeed, no ifs; no buts. You can kill someone in certain circumstances; for example, if a person is asthmatic.

Thinks she got off with a caution from police.   She did have this to say:  

: 'As far as I am aware I did not put my hands around her neck. I was hit in the face with a camera. You can still see the injury on my forehead and like anyone else would do I just put my hands up. If I did anything else, then I apologise.'

Must have been some rage she was in if she doesn't remember throttling the woman.
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching 08.06.14 0:28

aquila wrote:

I guess Carole and Kay don't sit next to each other in the office.  big grin 

LOL !  If they do they'll never be accused of copying each others homework!
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.06.14 0:40

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1028282/Black-eye-Kay-Burley-face-legal-action-grabbing-photographer-throat.html

On Friday she said: ‘As far as I am aware I did not put my hands around her neck"

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Burley10

Not AWARE you put your hand around her neck?

Really Kay?

You little 'hater' you!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 08.06.14 0:49

jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1028282/Black-eye-Kay-Burley-face-legal-action-grabbing-photographer-throat.html

On Friday she said: ‘As far as I am aware I did not put my hands around her neck"

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Burley10

Not AWARE you put your hand around her neck?

Really Kay?

You little 'hater' you!
Is that well within the bounds of reasonable parenting reporting?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonmi-451 08.06.14 0:53

I've just read the article on here... and must say I felt straight away she was on the side of justice. I used to work in a very political environment, where we'd have to write official letters to, and sometimes on behalf of, Ministers, MPs and local 'Opinion Formers'. We'd know full well what we were doing when writing a communication that was 'politically safe' whilst subtly exposing (the intended) controversial nuggets. I would put money on the article intentionally airing one or two of the major issues relevant to the case. Since we all know that these key points, that pepper her article, are *never* aired in the mainstream media she knows all to well she has crossed a line; hence she has felt it best to frame the piece as a dig at 'haters' as her 'get out' if challenged. I hope other journalists will now follow suit and start to drop in some relevant facts; facts that Dr Amaral and the original investigation gave objective credence to.
Sonmi-451
Sonmi-451

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 08.06.14 1:11

After all these years of pink stories in the press I am skeptical about Ms Burleys motives for writing this piece. The press were warned about writing about this case before the digs started. The papers have been full of details about the dig. I believe Burley is mischief making and if this dig is genuine (and I am on the fence about that ATM) she could be ruining the Police case if they are trying to build one.

She is a vulture IMO
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 08.06.14 1:24

IMO there is no way on God's earth that this is a mistake by Kay Burley. 
After all, the article would be checked before printing. 

Apart from that, it just isn't plausible that an experienced journalist, or any writer for that matter, would not 'realise' exactly what they had written. 
Had she wanted to slate the 'haters' she could have written a similar piece without the 'unhelpful' bits in there. Dogs, blanket, unanswered questions, knowing more than they let on...
It is clear this was quite intentional. 
I'll bet the McCanns are 'furious' right now!

My favourite line - '......smothered in a blanket of guilt' - oh what double meaning! They feel guilty, or they are guilty?

Like others, on skim reading this I was ready to blow a gasket - on second read I was actually very, very surprised.......

Imo, the tide is a turnin.....

ETA: I can't see the pic referred to in this tweet on my phone - a reply by Kay Burley?

David Steel
@DaSteelMan
@CHProfiler read the article again Chelsea Wink .... and take a look at her reply here: @KayBurley #McCann pic.twitter.com/0OEJQaYZhT
11:07 p.m. Sat, Jun 7

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 08.06.14 1:40

The picture is a screenshot of KB's previous comments about the newspaper story, before it was published.

Here's her tweet:

Kay Burley @KayBurley  ·  18h
Do the McCanns deserve such Twitter vitriol and who I think is a spoilt, ignorant little brat in tomorrow's @thesundaypeople

To which someone responded:
Kieron Ward ‏@kie9ward 18h
@KayBurley @thesundaypeople I am (obviously) totally against any vitriol but there do seem to be some unaddressed McCann Qs. Agree or not?

To which KB responded:
@KayBurley
@kie9ward @thesundaypeople read my article and tell me what you think ;-)

To which KB responded:
‏@kie9ward 18h
@KayBurley @thesundaypeople I will.Do you focus only on the horrible trolling or is the online frustration of unaddressed Qs mentioned too?

KB didn't reply to that.
But she did tweet something else:

@KayBurley  ·  11h
Should the McCanns be in Portugal; is Susanna Reid good enough for @GMB and a testimonial for #Lampard? Read my column in @thesundaypeople

But it's absolutely clear to me from KB's first reply that she knew exactly what she was doing in that article, especially as she followed it with a ;-) emoticon, which is a winking eye.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 08.06.14 2:59

Thank you, Canada12 roses
Having seen that, I have no doubts either ( Wink ) I actually can't think of an article that has been so 'unhelpful' to TM since 2007 then the libel actions. If this was the intention KB has scored the bullseye!

Seems to be an awful lot of 'haters' replied on Mirror FB: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152465484494162&id=6149699161&_rdr#10152465518159162

Admittedly most seem to focus on 'she shouldn't have been left alone' (I don't believe she was, personally), but definitely a snapshot of just how many people aren't buying into the 'poor McCanns' angle. I certainly haven't read all of the 1,500+ comments but of those I have, I'd call it 80/20 - the 20 are those telling nasty haters off and spouting sympathy for the Mc's (most conveniently forgetting Madeleine, too)

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 08.06.14 5:00

This is the first print or web article since 2007/08 to even mention the cadaver dogs findings in 5A.  That alone merits attention.   Strikes me that she is one of the very few journalists who have actually investigated the case before writing in way that has echoes of a more famous speech (edited for relevance):

Friends, Forums, twittermen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Madeleine, not to praise her.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Madeleine.
The noble McCanns hath told you Madeleine was left alone:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Madeleine answer'd it,
Here, under leave of the McCanns and the rest—
For McCann is an honorable man;
So are they all, all honorable men—
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.06.14 7:53

No fan of the Burley, but I must give her credit for this. She's a wily thing, and is smart enough not to drop herself in the cr@p whilst writing the most informative article I for one have seen in the UK MSM.

All the 'hater' rubbish panders to the non thinking people who wouldn't change their mind if you could show them a video of dogs signalling to evidence in the apartment(!), not to mention covering herself legally (bats eyelashes, innocent face, 'but I only meant to be supportive') But on the other hand, there will be many who read that and go what due to the aforementioned points which NEVER make it to light of day in the UK press.

Go Burley  winkwink 

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search digs up the haters and misguided conspiracy theorists - Page 3 Empty All very strange

Post by PeterMac 08.06.14 8:36

There is something extremely odd about this piece.
This is written by an educated and fairly bright woman, and even though it is aimed at the lower end of the Tabloid market, is constructed in a very peculiar way

There can’t be many parents around the world unaware of the plight of a beautiful little girl who was only three years old when she disappeared in 2007,  
So there is no point in donating Funds to Increase Awareness
Immediately recognisable by her first name, Madeleine, the eldest of the McCann children disappeared one warm May evening in 2007 as her parents dined with friends in a restaurant at their resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal.  
Please note - Disappeared - NOT was abducted.
Despite an Interpol search and worldwide publicity nothing has been seen of the little one since
Which may tell you something . . .
This week, seven years on, police from the Met have begun searching an area of scrubland near the apartment including a deep, concealed shaft and sewers.
Could this prove to be the final resting place ?
SY and the PJ obviously think it is, or they would not be looking there.
Her parents, Kate and Gerry, who suffer every single day with the consequences of their actions that night have decided not to travel to Praia da Luz for this latest hunt for Madeleine.
Who can blame them?
. . .when they know they could be arrested on arrival . . .
Well, it would appear quite a few. I am absolutely staggered by the number of people on social media who think they know exactly what happened to little Madeleine.
I am staggered because I assumed that people merely followed what they were told by people like me, rather than researching it for themselves.  That is a revelation
Conspiracy theorists believe that it’s only a matter of time before the McCanns are held culpable for their daughter’s disappearance.
But I couldn't possibly give my own opinion, so I shall put it in the Third person, and hope I get away with not being sued
They point out Kate refused to answer some questions put her by the Portuguese police. Kate was with her lawyer when interviewed by the police.
Oh, sorry. Didn't you know that,  Yes its true she REFUSED to help the police.   I added the bit about the lawyer just to show you how she values her own freedom more than Madeleine's
She would have been advised what to say.
Probably, but in any event she is on record as refusing to help.  And I have used the wording "advised what to say" to make it clear that they had an official story worked out.
The haters refer to cadaver dogs who showed ‘beyond doubt’ that a body must have been kept in the wardrobe of the apartment and then later driven in the McCann’s hire car to be buried.
Read that again slowly. The Haters refer to the dogs, AND the dogs showed beyond doubt . . .  
It is unequivocal.  I did not say "The haters WRONGLY ASSUME, or PRETEND THAT, or MISQUOTE or MISUNDERSTAND
I have writen it as it is  -  The dogs [who] showed 'beyond doubt' that a body MUST have been kept in the wardrobe . . .

Under the noses of the Portuguese police and the world’s press ?
I thought I would stick in the reference to "noses" just for fun.  Good isn't it !
(Easy to dismiss such claims as Looney Tunes, but even a national newspaper was guilty of claiming the McCanns know more than they have said)
And if you look back you will find that I too have given you evidence that Kate did this, when she refused to answer the questions
As a mother I am offended and appalled by such unfounded allegations.
Every morning the McCann’s must wake up only to be smothered by a blanket of guilt
I thought I would get that one in, "smothered' and "Blanket"   I am really on form today, don't you think
‘If only we’d done this…’
Well quite. Like calling an ambulance and doing it all properly
They have always held on to the hope that Madeleine will be found alive.
Apart from the early stages when they admitted she might be dead, but that was before the"Fund" really kicked in
So as the search continues, please ignore the haters and think instead of two desperate parents hundreds of miles away sitting by the phone and hoping against hope that nothing is found this time.
Ignore the haters and think for yourselves.  Imagine what they are going through, not knowing whether it will be a phone call giving the all-clear, or a knock on the door with two police vehicles in the drive.  
One for each.

I canot help thinking that if TB wrote something like this, nuanced in this way, he would be in prison by later this afternoon
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 08.06.14 9:03

I still don't understand why she wrote it though. What purpose does it serve while the Police are digging for a 3 year old childs body hopefully trying to get her justice.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 08.06.14 9:05

sorry i have been working all night , did this story make the printed edition of the paper ? .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.06.14 9:09

littlepixie wrote:I still don't understand why she wrote it though. What purpose does it serve . .
£ 10 per word ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 08.06.14 9:15

Could this prove to be the final resting place?

Final?
How many resting places were there, then?
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by MaybeMaybenot 08.06.14 9:16

May 9, 2007

Madeleine’s aunt, Philomena McCann speaks to Sky’s Kay Burley on day six of the search for the missing British toddler. She says they are a caring family and the parents should not be blamed for leaving their children alone.

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

Philomna McCann: They were going back to check into a locked apartment, where they had left their kids sleeping, you know. They’re good parents; they tried so hard to have kids. They’ve got three beautiful children that they absolutely dote on.

Kay Burley: You must be very… get quite cross when there’s any criticism of… of them, having left them having left her on her own?

PM: Well, it’s completely unjustified. They’re normal parents who love their children and would never neglect them in any way and anyone suggesting that they… that they were neglecting them… it’s just completely insulting.

KB: I’m sure that’s true. How long are they, errm… how long are they going to stay out there? Until they find Maddie?

PM: They’ll stay until they find Madeleine. How can they go on? They need their daughter. They absolutely need her and we… we… we just need to have Madeleine home. These person or people have to bring her back to us. I mean, the whole family needs her here – not just Gerry and Kate, although, I mean, she’s just such an integral member of the family. If you… I mean you suggested that we are a close family; if, you know, a big part of that goes… and we love children, most of us, you know… my job’s working with children; Gerry and Kate have caring occupations. Both of them dedicated their life to having people, you know, to helping having… getting out there, and, you know, to have this happen is just the worst possible scenario.

KB: Sure.

http://madeleinemccann.org/philomena-mccann/
MaybeMaybenot

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 08.06.14 9:34

stillsloppingout wrote:sorry i have been working all night , did this story make the printed edition of the paper ? .
I don't know sso. As much as it pains me I'm actually going to go and buy a copy.

It's certainly whipped up a storm on the Mirror FB page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152465484494162&id=6149699161&p=80&refid=52

Have a good sleep, I'm sure this thread will be going on all day.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 08.06.14 9:35

Lance De Boils wrote:

Final?

Several, if Eddie and Keela are anything to go by :-)
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 08.06.14 9:36

Lance De Boils wrote:
Final?
1 Behind sofa
2 In the wardrobe - according to Kay Burley - which we didn't know about previously, so thanks for that assistance. !
3 In a freezer - according to Dr Amaral
4 somewhere else
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh 08.06.14 9:50

Morning all.  Save me looking did the cadaver dog alert behind the sofa? Sorry just got up & my memory is like a sieve.

I see the pros are in meltdown on twitter.

I hate all this. Pro and anti lark.   Everyone should be pro maddeleine.
Shhh

Activity : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 08.06.14 9:55

@Mods

There will probably be a few more new people looking at the forum today.

Just for them (and a reminder to all of us who have already read them) is it possible to put up Gerry's Blogs on a separate thread?

If anyone needs to understand the mindset of Gerry McCann within days of Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry's own words are a good insight imo.

Sorry for interrupting this topic. Please delete post if not useful.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by MaybeMaybenot 08.06.14 10:00

Ah, men! Burley’s most recent paramour is former Sun political editor George Pascoe-Watson (the News Corp ties run ever deeper, though Burley doesn’t want to talk about the whole Murdoch thing, saying only that Sky is covering the subject in a “fair and balanced way”).

Hmm....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9295159/Kay-Burley-I-dont-want-to-sit-here-with-a-paper-bag-on-my-head-just-because-Ive-turned-50-and-Im-getting-hot-flushes.html
MaybeMaybenot

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 08.06.14 10:34

Thanks to Petermac for his breakdown of this strangely worded and as he described it very nuanced piece. He did the close analysis of it that I was way too tired to do late last night and I can say now that simply as a journalistic piece of writing, regardless of the subject matter, this is the type of thing included on the UK English language exam syllabus. Thank you PM and job well done, you would get an A or A* for your work !

The pros are in meltdown and in silly meltdown also, nobody thinks Kay is sending the antis secret subliminal messages of support, but some antis think that while protecting her back with the way she has written this, she is using the MSM to raise points about the case which have been ignored / forgotten by the British public. If not deliberate, that is the end result of her writing this. It is far fetched imo to see this as anything but deliberate. She will have done rough drafts before submitting a final version.

The key question is, how many of the readership on this beautiful sunny morning will be paying enough attention to read between the lines? How many will go  HUH? and re-read it? How many will take it as a face-value support piece rather than see the subtlety and nuances it contains?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top