The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns Told Not To Go To Portugal

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns Told Not To Go To Portugal

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 06.06.14 0:24

The Sun front page has the headline "COPS SWOOP ON PARENTS" ...

... but unfortunately it is about some overweight boy.

sad 

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 0:26

@maebee wrote:"To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job.

Like the Mcs have always done what the police advised them. i.e. "Do not advertise her eye defect" blah blah

Yes. Like the time they suggested Kate answer 40 fairly routine questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 0:36

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:    The Sun front page has the headline "COPS SWOOP ON PARENTS" ...

sad 

Ooh, I felt myself go quite lightheaded when I read that first line!

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 06.06.14 1:00

I just noticed that the Guardian article was written by Josh Halliday, who wrote the the interesting tweets about the dig on the evening of the 4th. He's actually in Praia da Luz.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 1:04

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I just noticed that the Guardian article was written by Josh Halliday, who wrote the the interesting tweets about the dig on the evening of the 4th.  He's actually in Praia da Luz.

See my edit above. The port in the storm.  yes iconbiggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.06.14 1:40

@Lance De Boils wrote:Asked by whom?
Kate's Mum?
The milk man?
The bloke who runs the local newsagents?

What a non-statement.

By the dogs ? big grin

Eta: especially don't go in your pants of death, kate!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger on 06.06.14 6:08

Can someone look on the desktop Facebook page for OFM? I looked on my phone and it looks like the post from webmaster is gone. I know that someone couldn't find it before but I did scroll down and there was nothing there, only the message from Tom and Gerry, sorry Kate and Gerry.

truthfultiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SchrodingersBody on 06.06.14 7:19

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:The Sun front page has the headline "COPS SWOOP ON PARENTS" ...

sad 
I wonder whether it's deliberate...might be a different case, but anyone connected with certain doctors, that "knows", might miss the odd heartbeat if they just see the headlines.

SchrodingersBody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 8:03

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I just noticed that the Guardian article was written by Josh Halliday, who wrote the the interesting tweets about the dig on the evening of the 4th.  He's actually in Praia da Luz.

The fact that the Guardian has despatched a journalist to PdL suggests to me that the paper knows something of significance and, like the rest of us, is waiting... tick tock.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.06.14 8:20

@bristow wrote:
@cass7 wrote:regarding the mcanns not going to portugal , how do we know they are not there ? because we have been told , it has put them in a bad light with even the fence sitters , nah bet they are there , and why isnt there brunty or anyone outside rothley towers ? do they know something we dont , unless they are outside the uk , but not in portugal
Some people are speculating that the McCann's are in a 'safe house' for their own protection.
Pity Madeleine wasn't.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 8:28

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:The Sun front page has the headline "COPS SWOOP ON PARENTS" ...

sad 

I know this was posted in a slightly lighthearted way, but to me it underlines the utter madness and hypocrisy of our Government and press. Madeleine and this boy are both the victims of parents who have made poor parenting choices (though I strongly doubt the boy's parents have the benefit of the same medical training that the Drs McCann will have had to make choices beneficial to their children).
But the parents who are in trouble are not the ones who managed to lose their three year old while, according to their own description of what happened, they left her unsupervised in an unlocked flat while they had fun with their friends down the street. They're the ones who still know exactly where their child is but have overfed him. The losers of the three year old are the recipients of millions of pounds from the public and pages of laudatory why-oh-why columns by thick hacks; the over-feeders are arrested.

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 06.06.14 8:41

The OFM has now changed it from 'asked them not to go' to 'not asked them to go' slight change huge differnce of meaning

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 06.06.14 8:42

So now it wasn't that the McCanns were asked NOT to go to PDL it was that they were NOT asked to go!

https://twitter.com/B_balou/status/474817598333665281/photo/1

You couldn't make it up!

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 06.06.14 8:44

@noddy100 wrote:The OFM has now changed it from 'asked them not to go' to 'not asked them to go' slight change huge differnce of meaning
But they could go if they chose to, so what is stopping them then?

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 06.06.14 8:46

Popcorn wrote:

sad 

I know this was posted in a slightly lighthearted way, but to me it underlines the utter madness and hypocrisy of our Government and press. Madeleine and this boy are both the victims of parents who have made poor parenting choices (though I strongly doubt the boy's parents have the benefit of the same medical training that the Drs McCann will have had to make choices beneficial to their children).
But the parents who are in trouble are not the ones who managed to lose their three year old while, according to their own description of what happened, they left her unsupervised in an unlocked flat while they had fun with their friends down the street. They're the ones who still know exactly where their child is but have overfed him. The losers of the three year old are the recipients of millions of pounds from the public and pages of laudatory why-oh-why columns by thick hacks; the over-feeders are arrested.

Excellent post!   clapping 

This whole case has beggared belief from the outset. That some people can't see it also more than astounding.

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 06.06.14 8:47

@Miraflores wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:The OFM has now changed it from 'asked them not to go' to 'not asked them to go' slight change huge differnce of meaning

Exactly Miraflores!  They went against police advice many times. Releasing images of Madeleine's distinctive eye & attending Lisbon court are only 2 examples!

Poor, poor Madeleine lost in their smoke and mirrors campaign

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 06.06.14 8:48

@Miraflores wrote:
Yes they initially 'lied' in the wording because of how it sounded and they didn't expect it to reach the press/social media but it has so they have re worded it to make it the truth

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat on 06.06.14 8:53

as if one would wait for an 'invitation' ,,,, its so daft.

jellycat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 06.06.14 8:55

I thought they also elaborated on why they were asked not to go re causing a big fuss and distraction etc so a huge lie from the start embellished with back up lies
They are unreal

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.06.14 9:02

Sky has written something similar to the Guardian but without the OFM content. Not sure if comments are allowed in the Guardian, but on Sky.. here are some the like of which I have not seen allowed until recently-

Score: 0
Name withheld
MaxShalamar2112
4:20 PM on 5/6/2014

"For Gods sake, if it was the parents why would they have fought to keep this in the spotlight all these years."

$$$$$$$$

Barry Bucket
4:07 PM on 5/6/2014

This whole case stinks, and has from Day 1.
We limit the number of reactions an individual user can submit over a given period for quality reasons. You have currently reached that limit. Please try recommending this comment again later.
We are unable to record your recommendation at this time. Please try again later.

Name withheld
izzywizzy
3:55 PM on 5/6/2014

Why the limited company holding donations from caring people,and large amounts paid to their OWN FAMILY to run it?Who is the voice of the thousands of other children who have gone missing?

Name withheld
DXL
3:54 PM on 5/6/2014

Freedom of speech remember. you have your opinion and you are right to express it but so is everyone else. Until they find the truth then every speculative story could be true. The only reason there are so many conspiracies flying around is because the Police didnt do their job correctly in the first place.

Name withheld
carol.j
3:46 PM on 5/6/2014

SKY why the hell are you allowing comments on this?. You wouldn't usually. We have the usual, this time, amateur police detectives out thinking they know more than the police. Thinking they know it was the parents. For Gods sake, if it was the parents why would they have fought to keep this in the spotlight all these years. They would want it to die down and go away.

I could go on, however it's a waste of time as those of you who can't think out of the box and think you know more than the police, who are trained.

Yet again some of you think the Portuguese police who have been found to have botched the whole case are right, then with the next breath the British police are wrong.

You couldn't make some of this stuff up being written. It would be funny if this case wasn't so tragic

Name withheld
Barry Bucket
3:28 PM on 5/6/2014

This investigation should have been allowed to run its course without interference from Britain in 2007.
How on earth can the British Police start an investigation with the words 'the parents and their friends are not suspects'?
The Portuguese certainly thought they were suspects.
Maybe now is the time for them to be MADE to go back and do a reconstruction according to their many and varied statements at the time. Why they ever refused to do this is beyond me, and just one fact that makes me suspect that the 'abduction' story was made up from the start. Madeleine deserves no less than the truth.

Name withheld
Cati E Igo Perferreira
3:26 PM on 5/6/2014

@splifm8

Most of this should have been done before, true. However, do you even know what's been done before? I don't think you're in a position to call the police useless.

There are many critical comments made where the people posting have reported abusive replies... these I would guess are from manic pros.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 06.06.14 9:05

@Gillyspot wrote:
@Miraflores wrote:

Exactly Miraflores!  They went against police advice many times. Releasing images of Madeleine's distinctive eye & attending Lisbon court are only 2 examples!

Poor, poor Madeleine lost in their smoke and mirrors campaign

I know the original comment has been saved so they cant say they never put it like that, but, by changing it ,imo, they have pre-emptied the questions anyone would have about that comment in the Guardian .......course, they can now say it was an error with the wording and it has now been corrected .....talk about smoke and mirrors !

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by macdonut on 06.06.14 9:05

Reading all the cringeworthy messages of "love and support" on OFM, I couldn't help think how devastating this case is going to be to large numbers of people when the truth finally comes out.  The emotions of the public have been manipulated for 7 years to the point where I think it may have quite an impact on society when it's all finally exposed to be a sham.  Don't want to be all drama queen about it, but it could make people become much more cynical and guarded, permanently changing the way the public views cases like this in the future.

macdonut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 9:10

Official Find Madeleine Campaign To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job. 

And anyone posting their sanctimonious comments about leaving children alone will be banned. No questions asked. We've heard it all before. ENOUGH with the judging. 

~FM Webmaster

I copied this from the OFM fb page moments ago the wording is still 'asked not to', where was it reported they changed it to 'were not asked to'? Just interested if somebody is manipulating it back and forth literally as we post?

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 06.06.14 9:17

Rose Quartz wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job. 

And anyone posting their sanctimonious comments about leaving children alone will be banned. No questions asked. We've heard it all before. ENOUGH with the judging. 

~FM Webmaster

I copied this from the OFM fb page moments ago the wording is still 'asked not to', where was it reported they changed it to 'were not asked to'? Just interested if somebody is manipulating it back and forth literally as we post?
was a link on twitter this morning and I looked at it with my own eyes definitely re worded and now no longer there?

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 06.06.14 9:21

Rose Quartz wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job. 

~FM Webmaster

Somebody on the OFM page asked the question "But why aren't they in Portugal now?"
OFM replied - Because the met team did not ask Kate and Gerry to go to Portugal.

I have seen a copy of it on Twitter but no idea how to copy it over, technophobe that I am. If you do a twitter search on McCann hashtag 'Babalou' tweeted it this morning.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum