The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns Told Not To Go To Portugal

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns Told Not To Go To Portugal

Post by ultimaThule on 05.06.14 22:58

@cass7 wrote:regarding the mcanns not going to portugal , how do we know they are not there ? because we have been told , it has put them in a bad light with even the fence sitters , nah bet they are there , and why isnt there brunty or anyone outside rothley towers ? do they know something we dont , unless they are outside the uk , but not in portugal

It's highly unlikely the wee one would elect to spend his birthday holed up in a bunker in Luz when he can sob into his Tennents celebrate with a bottle of NZ plonk in the luxurious comfort of the Towers as he reflects on his past c@ck-ups achievements and looks ahead to where he might be this time next year cass7,   sarcastic

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 05.06.14 23:06

Hi everyone, i've followed this site for a few years now on and off and read with interest what you clever people have managed to dig up. I've registered because I am bursting to comment on this.

A source [Clarence Mitchell] said: "Because of the sensitivity of the situation, police don't want the McCanns anywhere near the country because they fear it could turn into a media circus.

"The Met police are worried it will create a bigger platform for Mr Amaral and his supporters to spout more bile and could damage their own inquiries in the country.

Really? Would the Met Police seriously have said this? I seriously doubt it.   laughat 

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.06.14 23:10

@waiting for justice wrote:Hi everyone, i've followed this site for a few years now on and off and read with interest what you clever people have managed to dig up. I've registered because I am bursting to comment on this.

A source [Clarence Mitchell] said: "Because of the sensitivity of the situation, police don't want the McCanns anywhere near the country because they fear it could turn into a media circus.

"The Met police are worried it will create a bigger platform for Mr Amaral and his supporters to spout more bile and could damage their own inquiries in the country.

Really? Would the Met Police seriously have said this? I seriously doubt it.   laughat 

Would you have a source for this comment by Clarence |Mitchell please ?

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 05.06.14 23:12

Sorry, I saw it on page 3 where someone had posted from the Telegraph.

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 05.06.14 23:15

It seems like an old post but still, would they seriously say that?

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.06.14 23:20

@waiting for justice wrote:Sorry, I saw it on page 3 where someone had posted from the Telegraph.

Is it the comment CM made in September 2013 perhaps ?

He is talking out of his ar*e I think  imo, no offence meant to you waiting for justice.    smilie

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 05.06.14 23:41

No offence taken.  smilie 

I just very nearly spat my tea out when I read it.

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 05.06.14 23:49

welcome waiting for justice - as are we all big grin

It very much sounds as if the source has been on the sauce while celebrating his employer's birthday as, needless to say, the words you've quoted are far more likely to have come from the mouth of TM's in-house spinmerchant than any at the Met.

Clarrie should give some thought to changing the same old hackneyed refrain he always sings whenever his paymasters look like losing ground, and more especially now that the ground is being dug up from under them. Infamy, infamy? We've all got it infaC, or InfaG as the case may be  yes 

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 05.06.14 23:56

Just making an excuse for not being there?

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 05.06.14 23:57

@bristow wrote:
@cass7 wrote:regarding the mcanns not going to portugal , how do we know they are not there ? because we have been told , it has put them in a bad light with even the fence sitters , nah bet they are there , and why isnt there brunty or anyone outside rothley towers ? do they know something we dont , unless they are outside the uk , but not in portugal
Some people are speculating that the McCann's are in a 'safe house' for their own protection.

welcome waiting for justice - as are we all  big grin

While there appears to be every indication that the McCanns are on course to become the most reviled couple of this century, bristow, it's to be hoped that hard-pressed UK taxpayers won't be required to stump up to keep them in a safe house when they've got numerous friends, relatives, and non-uncle Brian Kennedy on hand to protect them.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 05.06.14 23:58

OMG, The Guardian has done a piece on the latest OFM post, including the full line regarding sanctimonious people and banning them!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/05/madeleine-mcann-parents-encouraged-by-progress?CMP=twt_gu

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemab on 06.06.14 0:03

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:OMG, The Guardian has done a piece on the latest OFM post, including the full line regarding sanctimonious people and banning them!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/05/madeleine-mcann-parents-encouraged-by-progress?CMP=twt_gu

I hope they allow comments!

Typical Gruaniad though, "fifth day of searches"!

annemab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 06.06.14 0:05

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:OMG, The Guardian has done a piece on the latest OFM post, including the full line regarding sanctimonious people and banning them!

I was just about to post the Guardian piece wlbts. Stunned that they've C&Pd from the OFM page:

Madeleine McCann parents encouraged by progress made by police in Portugal
Kate and Gerry McCann break silence to urge people to 'refrain from spreading rumours'

Kate and Gerry McCann holding an age-progressed police image of their daughter Madeleine in 2012. Photograph: Facundo Arrizabalaga/EPA
The parents of Madeleine McCann have said they are "encouraged" by the progress made by detectives searching scrubland near the Portuguese holiday resort where the girl went missing seven years ago.
Kate and Gerry McCann, who have not travelled to Portugal, urged people to "refrain from spreading rumours" as they broke their silence on the latest police operation.
As detectives began searching the underground sewerage network in Praia da Luz, the McCanns responded on Facebook.
"We would like to ask people to refrain from spreading rumours and speculation based on inaccurate press reporting," they wrote.
"We are kept updated on the ongoing work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress.
"Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home."
Madeleine McCann went missing in May 2007, aged three.
An administrator for the Official Find Madeleine Facebook page later said the girl's parents, from Rothley in Leicestershire, had been asked not to visit Praia da Luz while the search is under way.
A post on the page said: "To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job.
"And anyone posting their sanctimonious comments about leavingchildren alone will be banned. No questions asked. We've heard it all before. ENOUGH with the judging."
The McCanns' statement came at the end of the a fifth day of searches in a six-hectare (15-acre) spread of dense scrubland, where officers on Thursday prised open manholes and inspected sewer pipes using micro cameras and fibre optic cables.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 0:07

Jesus. I'm actually starting to believe the tide may be on the turn.

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 06.06.14 0:10

"To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job.

Like the Mcs have always done what the police advised them. i.e. "Do not advertise her eye defect" blah blah

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 06.06.14 0:10

Do you think they sense a day of reckoning ahead? Or are they just generally fed up of writing the usual McCann worship pieces?

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 06.06.14 0:12

Dee Coy wrote:Jesus. I'm actually starting to believe the tide may be on the turn.

Why?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 06.06.14 0:13

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:Do you think they sense a day of reckoning ahead?  Or are they just generally fed up of writing the usual McCann worship pieces?

I think they are reporting it all with a straight face - it's you (and I) can't imagine how they contrive to do that.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 06.06.14 0:14

@Okeydokey wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:Jesus. I'm actually starting to believe the tide may be on the turn.

Why?

In my opinion, because I normally expect the press to not print stuff that shows the McCanns in a bad light.  However, The Guardian has reproduced the full text of "And anyone posting their sanctimonious comments about leaving children alone will be banned. No questions asked. We've heard it all before. ENOUGH with the judging."  I think that statement is going to wind a lot of people up.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 06.06.14 0:16

OMG It is a pity they did not publish what the webmaster posted a few days ago. While the search was ongoing they demanded of their followers had they bought their holiday packs and if not, WHY not??? Cue the bleating sheep boasting they had sent the cash as demanded. This while the world watched the dogs work.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice on 06.06.14 0:16

@Okeydokey wrote:

Why?
Me too. IMO the press are very slowly starting to sow the seed in the minds of the supporters.

waiting for justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 06.06.14 0:19

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:

Why?

In my opinion, because I normally expect the press to not print stuff that shows the McCanns in a bad light.  However, The Guardian has reproduced the full text of "And anyone posting their sanctimonious comments about leaving children alone will be banned. No questions asked. We've heard it all before. ENOUGH with the judging."  I think that statement is going to wind a lot of people up.

But a lot of Guardian journos support the Webmaster - they see Kate as a semi-feminist icon, a working woman demonised for enjoying her leisure time on holiday. They don't think she should be judged.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 06.06.14 0:20

@waiting for justice wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:

Why?
Me too. IMO the press are very slowly starting to sow the seed in the minds of the supporters.

Well I don't think the Guardian papers are the place to look. Much more significant what Desmond does - with the Express Group and Channel 5.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 0:21

@Okeydokey wrote:

Why?

Not because of anything I've seen so far pertaining to the search, but more the hints and tone we are seeing in the media reports. That Guardian report would have been inconceivable only a month ago.

Perhaps, as WLBTS asks, the media are sensing a reckoning is beckoning. I believe they've always known, but for self-preservation and political reasons have instead been obliged to enact the fantasy surrounding the case we have endured for the last 6 years. Something, as CynicAl insisted brilliantly yesterday, has changed. And it is the media that appear to be taking their cue from.... where?

ETA. And I've just realised this Josh Halliday chap is a rugby league fan. Used to play for Leeds Rhinos as a youngster. Straight up and down are RL people. Say it like it is or don't say it at all. Good lad.  gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 0:23

@Okeydokey wrote:
@waiting for justice wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:

Why?

Well I don't think the Guardian papers are the place to look. Much more significant what Desmond does - with the Express Group and Channel 5.

Yeah, that bizarre but fascinating Channel 5 programme yesterday started me wondering too.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum