The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns Told Not To Go To Portugal

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns Told Not To Go To Portugal

Post by missmar1 on 06.06.14 9:21

@macdonut wrote:Reading all the cringeworthy messages of "love and support" on OFM, I couldn't help think how devastating this case is going to be to large numbers of people when the truth finally comes out.  The emotions of the public have been manipulated for 7 years to the point where I think it may have quite an impact on society when it's all finally exposed to be a sham.  Don't want to be all drama queen about it, but it could make people become much more cynical and guarded, permanently changing the way the public views cases like this in the future.

I agree with you -  this case has divided people in a big way,  yes, I think the public will be far more cynical and guarded in the future .....

Eta, even if the truth does not come out about what really happened to this little girl,  Sadly, I think the public will still view any future cases of missing children with a more cynical approach.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleneP on 06.06.14 9:30

notorious liar.
ask not to go - not ask to go

MarleneP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 06.06.14 9:34

@MarleneP wrote:notorious liar.

Either way, wild horses would not keep me away from where they may (god forbid) find my child's remains.

Don't know who this FM Webmaster is but he/she are not doing the McCann's any favours. My six year old could respond in a more mature manner.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.06.14 9:39

Are we sure it is not Kate herself.
She has posted under other names before, as on YouTube
" />

And then has the temerity and audacity to lambast people for hiding behind pseudonyms !
Par for the course, I suppose.

Time to come clean, Janet Marie James, before it is too late.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 9:47

@noddy100 wrote:
Rose Quartz wrote:Official Find Madeleine Campaign To those commenting on why Gerry and Kate are not in Portugal, it's because they were asked to not go there. Please let the police do their job. 

And anyone posting their sanctimonious comments about leaving children alone will be banned. No questions asked. We've heard it all before. ENOUGH with the judging. 

~FM Webmaster

I copied this from the OFM fb page moments ago the wording is still 'asked not to', where was it reported they changed it to 'were not asked to'? Just interested if somebody is manipulating it back and forth literally as we post?
was a link on twitter this morning and I looked at it with my own eyes definitely re worded and now no longer there?

I hope that didn't come across as if I was doubting you Noddy! I am amazed (though not surprised) at all their blatant editing/backtracking throughout this whole case. It seems their arrogance knows no bounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 9:51

@jellycat wrote:QUOTE
We would like to ask people to refrain from spreading rumours and speculation based on inaccurate press reporting. We are kept updated on the on-going work in Portugal and are encouraged by the progress.

Thank you for continuing to stand by us and supporting our efforts to get Madeleine home.

Gerry and Kate

Can anyone tell me what inaccuracies the press have made?
That little Maddie was abducted, for starters

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.06.14 9:51

I am guessing this  "slight" change was made after OFM was made aware that it had been quoted in full in the Guardian- so a much larger readership would witness the hectoring tone of the site, or perhaps  SY told them to correct their " mistake ". Behind many of the words we read there is a person who loves to play around with language in the most deceitful and sly fashion.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 9:54

@ultimaThule wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:What else can poor Clarrie say ?
"Their lawyers have FORBIDDEN them to go back as they would face immediate arrest and interrogation . . . not to mention public stoning . . ."

Hardly !

I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to get publicly stoned in Chaplins again without provoking one of those riots Kate predicted, PeterM, but if their lawyers have forbidden them setting foot on Portuguese soil, how is Gerald Pinnochio Patrick McCann going to be able to give his statement to the judge in Lisbon?    

Will we witnesss the spectacle of a helicopter hovering over the building as the wee one is lowered through a skylight into the courtroom where he remains suspended an inch from the floor as he gives a mangled masterly account of how 'The Truth of the Lie' put an end to donations to the lifestyle fund the search for Madeleine, made himself and his spouse tearful and fearful of an early morning knock at the door, and caused the twins to lug the complete set of Encyclopaedia Brittanica  to school every day as access to the internet might result in them asking questions about their sister's disappearance they'd pefer not to answer?
UT, that's a howler!

laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.06.14 9:54

If they were that obedient, do as they are told, why did they give us trash when it suits them.
Did their family or whoever it was that told them not to go, not tell them to stop spinning with a load of bullocks about bin man etc?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 10:02

@Tangled Web wrote:
@MarleneP wrote:notorious liar.

Either way, wild horses would not keep me away from where they may (god forbid) find my child's remains.

Don't know who this FM Webmaster is but he/she are not doing the McCann's any favours. My six year old could respond in a more mature manner.

I would be there - a complete emotional wreck but I would be there.

Having said that, if I were one of the McCanns desperate to avoid going back to Portugal, I can think of a statement that would explain why we are staying home that could not be outed as a lie and would elicit sympathy from anyone unaware of the McCanns guilt.

I'm sure that most people on this forum would be able to come up with a similar statement but, whatever you do, don't post it on here because we don't want to give the McCanns a helping hand out of the hole they've dug for themselves.

As for the Webmaster's comments  Hissyfit , I like to think that they were followed by the webmaster stomping upstairs, slamming her bedroom door, throwing herself on her bed then listening to One Direction at full volume while swigging from a bottle of New Zealand chardonnay  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 06.06.14 10:04

The comment has not changed.
Here's a screengrab from just now:

Here's a screengrab from when it first appeared:

The wording is exactly the same.

ETA - here's the link. The comment is not hidden and is one of the Top Comments:
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign?ref=ts&fref=ts

ETA - there's also this comment from the webmaster, which was posted after the above comment:
Official Find Madeleine Campaign Roger, you are right, but I needed to clear that up. We take all guidance from the Met. People who question what Gerry and Kate do and don't do, need to realise we get guidance from the investigation team--especially when Gerry and Kate's actions could impact the investigation (i.e. being in Portugal at the same time the investigation team are looking for clues). ~FM Webmaster

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 06.06.14 10:29

The wording in my link is not the same

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 06.06.14 10:53

I believe the changed wording is not in an OFM update, but in an OFM response to someone asking why they aren't there. Saw a screengrab earlier, may have been on Twitter.
So it's not the original post that has changed, but their response to a more recent question.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What language is that ?

Post by PeterMac on 06.06.14 11:00

"asked TO NOT GO there"
That is pure McEnglish, or to put it another way, not English at all.
But sadly typical of the mangled grammar used by Kate and Gerry.
To split an infinitive is bad enough, but to do it with a negation is simply "ludicrous".

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where are the McCanns now?...

Post by woodforthetrees on 06.06.14 11:03

So, with all this activity in PDL and the McCanns 'not being invited' out to PDL, where exactly are they right now???

I would pressume that they are in a safe house somewhere whilst things develop, but who knows??? If they were under the supervision of the police, i'm sure they would've been advised against p[utting any update on the OFM facebook page??

No press seem to be in Rothley and with all the focus back on the case, you would've thought the press would be hankering for picture of the 'anxious couple' as the pics would be worth a lot.

Anyone on here live in Rothley? Have they been seen out and about?

woodforthetrees

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.06.14 11:06

@canada12 wrote:The comment has not changed.
Here's a screengrab from just now:

Here's a screengrab from when it first appeared:

The wording is exactly the same.

ETA - here's the link. The comment is not hidden and is one of the Top Comments:
https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign?ref=ts&fref=ts

ETA - there's also this comment from the webmaster, which was posted after the above comment:
Official Find Madeleine Campaign Roger, you are right, but I needed to clear that up. We take all guidance from the Met. People who question what Gerry and Kate do and don't do, need to realise we get guidance from the investigation team--especially when Gerry and Kate's actions could impact the investigation (i.e. being in Portugal at the same time the investigation team are looking for clues). ~FM Webmaster

Looking for clues??!!! If NSY didn't have any 'clues' they wouldn't be digging in Portugal and it seems more probable that K&G don't have a clue what Operation Grange and the PJ are up to because, contrary to what they want the public to believe, they are not being kept in the loop.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 06.06.14 11:08

Oh dear.........................The THINGS they say!

Pamela Gurney: I follow these people Luisa in disgust at what they say. Amazingly a good many of these women have lost babies through stillbirth or child death it transpires, others have had children taken from them by Social Services, but instead of feeling empathy and the pain the McCanns must be enduring every single day, they choose instead to exorcise their anger at life and what has been thrown at them by having a go at Madeleine's parents. None of us is perfect in any way, shape or form and we have all made mistakes in life and some may have been grave mistakes too.
---------------------------------------------

........and some(?) may have made grave mistakes too.
--------------------

Just the appropriate thing to say when the McCanns daughter might be found in a grave in PDL, being investigated right NOW as Pamela Gurney, types!

subliminal 'leakage' anyone?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 06.06.14 11:11

The 'enough with the judging' seems an odd addition at this stage

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.06.14 11:12

Your questions are under debate here, wftt: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9745-mccanns-told-not-to-go-to-portugal#254196 and maybe the mods will merge this thread with the above as duplicate threads on the same topic can lead to valuable information becoming fragmented.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 06.06.14 11:14

@woodforthetrees wrote:So, with all this activity in PDL and the McCanns 'not being invited' out to PDL, where exactly are they right now???

I would pressume that they are in a safe house somewhere whilst things develop, but who knows??? If they were under the supervision of the police, i'm sure they would've been advised against p[utting any update on the OFM facebook page??

No press seem to be in Rothley and with all the focus back on the case, you would've thought the press would be hankering for picture of the 'anxious couple' as the pics would be worth a lot.

Anyone on here live in Rothley? Have they been seen out and about?
Pics would be worth nothing in Rothley , they have file pics , plus they are vetted ,no paper will publish them papped in the shops etc .because of the [ cough ITEM they allegedly have in place ] . 

If circumstances change and charges are made , then all bets are off ,hence why papers keep up to date pics of notorious people, who have offended in the past [ and including ones  BTW who's identities have been changed, which is easier now due to facebook etc.  

Where they will be ? answer probably at home and work  ,anywhere else looks suspicious . front up, bluff it out ,carry on as normal .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 06.06.14 11:14

@canada12 wrote:

(my red) ...This of course reinforces the impression that SY *have* told them NOT to go... imprecise, disingenuous, dishonest or wildly inaccurate as that may be!

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 11:18

I would agree with Pam if this was genuinely a case of nothing more than a bad parental judgement which led to a dreadful conclusion.

Some people have been very critical of April Jones' mother for allowing her to play out after dark unsupervised. I'm not; that to me is exactly the same situation as in my first paragraph. Nobody should in my opinion be castigated for making a mistake, goodness knows they have to live with the consequence of it forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.06.14 11:22

@ultimaThule wrote:Your questions are under debate here, wftt: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9745-mccanns-told-not-to-go-to-portugal#254196 and maybe the mods will merge this thread with the above as duplicate threads on the same topic can lead to valuable information becoming fragmented.

Merged here.

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl on 06.06.14 11:26

@macdonut wrote:Reading all the cringeworthy messages of "love and support" on OFM, I couldn't help think how devastating this case is going to be to large numbers of people when the truth finally comes out.  The emotions of the public have been manipulated for 7 years to the point where I think it may have quite an impact on society when it's all finally exposed to be a sham.  Don't want to be all drama queen about it, but it could make people become much more cynical and guarded, permanently changing the way the public views cases like this in the future.

People simply believe what they want. Some, who are in tphe dark, will wake up. The rest will form "Free The McCann's" groups and claim they were framed. 

Just look at the case of the WM3. DE was a sick sumbitch, absolutely prime profile for the deed that his 'partners in crime'  fingered him for, earning a raft ofndeath sentences. Their supporters still refer to them as acquitted. But the reality is that technicalities of process got them pardoned and released in exchange for their signed agreement that they had been sentenced justly, that they were guilty. Hollywood is celebrating these twisted freaks, but the majority of those who sought to bring them to justice are in no way convinced of any innocence, they simply regard the system as having failed on a technicality. 

The final outcome rarely changes the opinion of those so passionately invested to such polar opposites.

CynicAl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum