The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Who may have 'talked'?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who may have 'talked'?

Post by Sonmi-451 on 03.06.14 21:54

... if someone has come forward with some information, which thus explains the investment of resources now being expended in Luz, do we have any ideas as to who that might be?

I've seen suggestions being made. So here's mine: Might it be a Priest?

Here's my logic...
Just suppose that someone closely involved in the case happens to be religious. Just suppose they confessed to a Priest. Just suppose the church has suffered a backlash in the last decade for placing what was shared during the 'act of confession', over their responsibility to alert secular authorities to crimes, especially those affecting children. Then just suppose the head of that church, the Pope, is actively making amends and repairing his establishment's reputation, (e.g. doing things such as meeting victims of abuse to beg forgiveness for keeping it within the church).

So... Just suppose a Priest knew what had happened to MBM and did nothing? Can you imagine the headlines???

Now place yourself in the church's shoes. If I was the church I'd break the sanctity of confession and speak to the Police. In doing so I'd come out of it smelling of roses. I'd make sure everyone knew how awfully troubling it was to try and do the 'right' thing and balance 'the sanctity of confession' with a responsibility for secular justice. This will create sympathy for the 'difficult' position the church finds itself in when confronted with such toxic confessions... So, a 'win-win', instead of an unmitigated PR disaster!

Sonmi-451

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who may have 'talked'?

Post by HelenMeg on 03.06.14 22:02

I disagree but respect your opinion. I dont think a Priest would talk and I dont think they'd gain any respect from talking.

If someone did talk in my opinion it would be someone who has had an involvement and is now very worried (for themselves).  Anyone who wasn't involved would have already talked by now if they were going to.
However, only my opinion. I dont think anyone has talked though - it would be too good to be true.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justiceseeker on 04.06.14 14:07

On the news last night they stated "8 people of interest are to be interviewed by police"

How many were at the tapas restaurant?

The Tapas 9

This suggests one of the tapas 9 has spoken ans the other 8 now need to be interviewed.

Would explsin this search and spell the end for mccanns imo.

I doubt all 9 were in on it as such but i believe the new info has come from one of them.

Justiceseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Latetothecase on 04.06.14 14:14

Perhaps a wider picture has broken through into public consciousness? Apologies if this has been on here before from 2012.

Wasn't someone there working on Crimewatch or something? Also ties in with poor Jill Dando of course, although not mentioned by this man:

Marine Links BBC Pedophile Crimewatch Clues to Gareth Williams and Maddy McCann

United States Marine Field McConnell has linked sports bags of a type allegedly used by pedophile insiders of the BBC Crimewatch series to carry sedated children and/or remove or plant clues for the phony reconstruction of crime scenes associated with the murder of Gareth Williams and the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

McConnell claims GCHQ codebreaker Gareth Williams was murdered after he discovered BBC pedophiles and/or heterophobes (allegedly in a joint venture with Central Saint Martin’s College's Drama Centre in London), had been developing Crimewatch scripts BEFORE the crimes had been committed and re-staging the scenes AFTER the crimes had been committed to point suspicion at the innocent and away from the guilty..

(More here)

http://www.abeldanger.net/2012/10/marine-links-bbc-pedophile-crimewatch.html

Latetothecase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 04.06.14 14:31

I dunno... The Catholic church provides confession as a sacrament and to openly break the sacrament in order to rectify a crime doesn't seem right to me. I believe the view is once confession happens it cleanses the soul and makes the person sanctified. Breaking that goes against the church and i would be very surprised if this happened. How many would leave the church who is extremely powerful, causing an even bigger problem. Thats my opinion but I do believe the priest knows whT happened.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.06.14 14:42

If one of the tapas friends had talked,would sy go digging first and ask questions later

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 04.06.14 14:46

HelenMeg, i too believe its someone worried about themselves and prehaps is angry now that they were put into that position to begin with... And now maybe guilt is overwhelming or possibly just needs to get it out

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.06.14 14:49

@tiny wrote:If one of the tapas friends had talked,would sy go digging first and ask questions later
Since the only thing SY an be absolutely SURE about is that they have all lied,then perhaps they might seek confirmation, though the scale of what is happening does seem a little extreme, when a couple of plane tickets and a stroll around one cold evening might have sorted it.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.06.14 14:57

@PeterMac wrote:
@tiny wrote:If one of the tapas friends had talked,would sy go digging first and ask questions later
Since the only thing SY an be absolutely SURE about is that they have all lied,then perhaps they might seek confirmation, though the scale of what is happening does seem a little extreme, when a couple of plane tickets and a stroll around one cold evening might have sorted it.

I guess that no one as spoken up then,but why are they digging in this spot,what has led them there,so many questions

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 04.06.14 15:17

As I said already Sandy Cameron is now no longer a McCann family member, he and Trish are divorced. He was around the whole Summer 2007. He was minding the twins, cooking, cleaning, driving the Scenic etc.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 04.06.14 15:33

@Sonmi-451 wrote:... if someone has come forward with some information, which thus explains the investment of resources now being expended in Luz, do we have any ideas as to who that might be?

I've seen suggestions being made. So here's mine: Might it be a Priest?

So... Just suppose a Priest knew what had happened to MBM and did nothing? Can you imagine the headlines???

Now place yourself in the church's shoes. If I was the church I'd break the sanctity of confession and speak to the Police.

You cannot break the seal of the confessional.  It is a mortal sin and chances are you will be excommunicated.

Even a court of law cannot compel a priest to reveal what he has been told in the confessional.

This extends to any third party, for example someone who may have over heard a confession, or if an interpretor was required to be present.  They are then bound by the same obligations as the priest.

It's a sacred sacrament and the priest would need to ask your permission before discussing it with anybody - that includes another priest, the pope and in actual fact even yourself.

It's not an option within the Catholic Church and most certainly not an opportunity for a PR exercise.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 04.06.14 15:44

@Latetothecase wrote:Perhaps a wider picture has broken through into public consciousness? Apologies if this has been on here before from 2012.

Wasn't someone there working on Crimewatch or something? Also ties in with poor Jill Dando of course, although not mentioned by this man:

United States Marine Field McConnell has linked sports bags of a type allegedly used by pedophile insiders of the BBC Crimewatch series to carry sedated children and/or remove or plant clues for the phony reconstruction of crime scenes associated with the murder of Gareth Williams and the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

McConnell claims GCHQ codebreaker Gareth Williams was murdered after he discovered BBC pedophiles and/or heterophobes (allegedly in a joint venture with Central Saint Martin’s College's Drama Centre in London), had been developing Crimewatch scripts BEFORE the crimes had been committed and re-staging the scenes AFTER the crimes had been committed to point suspicion at the innocent and away from the guilty..

(More here)

Interesting. There was certainly something very fishy about Gareth William's death. Why and how would he have zipped himself into that bag?! A three year investigation by the Met came up with - precisely nothing. And came up with the ludicrous suggestion that he could have padlocked himself into the bag. 

Ridiculous, imo.

And I agree that the role of Crimewatch needs to be closely explored. It IS odd that Jez Wilkins - producer of ZigZag productions - was the only 'independent' witness to see and speak to Gerry outside the McCann apartment at a crucial time that evening. And Jez' partner had worked for Crimewatch and wrote a very strange article entitled 'My months with Madeleine' for the Guardian in September 2007. Which was heavy on fantasy, imo, and light on fact.

And there are many who have questioned the authenticity of the Crimewatch reconstructions in the McCann case. (Just to point out one obvious flaw - why did the girl who was playing Madeleine picking up tennis balls wear trainers when the whole world was shown a photograph of Madeleine allegedly at the conclusion of the episode quite clearly wearing sandals?) 

And the Jill Dando case is also of considerable interest in terms of the role of the Crimewatch programme.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 04.06.14 15:48

In the April Jones murder, the murderer confessed to the Catholic Priest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/30/april-jones-bridger-confessed-priest_n_3358936.html

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 04.06.14 16:00

Okay - I can see that the 'confession' was in a counselling session. And it related to where he said he had put the body. But police did not put much faith in what he said, perhaps unsurprisingly.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/30/mark-bridger-guilty-april-jones-murder

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 04.06.14 16:11

@j.rob wrote:In the April Jones murder, the murderer confessed to the Catholic Priest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/30/april-jones-bridger-confessed-priest_n_3358936.html

The article says it was not made in a confessional, it was not used by the prosecution and police later claimed it was another one of Bridgers stories.  

Make of that what you will.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 04.06.14 16:13

Gareth Williams death. Coroner said likely to have been unlawfully killed. Met Police say it was more probable that no other person was present when Gareth died. 

It had taken a week for MI6 to investigate the code-breaker's disappearance, and a post-mortem examination carried out by a Home Office pathologist failed to determine the cause of death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24927078

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 04.06.14 16:15

@j.rob wrote:
@Latetothecase wrote:Perhaps a wider picture has broken through into public consciousness? Apologies if this has been on here before from 2012.

(More here)

Interesting. There was certainly something very fishy about Gareth William's death. Why and how would he have zipped himself into that bag?! A three year investigation by the Met came up with - precisely nothing. And came up with the ludicrous suggestion that he could have padlocked himself into the bag. 

Ridiculous, imo.

And I agree that the role of Crimewatch needs to be closely explored. It IS odd that Jez Wilkins - producer of ZigZag productions - was the only 'independent' witness to see and speak to Gerry outside the McCann apartment at a crucial time that evening. And Jez' partner had worked for Crimewatch and wrote a very strange article entitled 'My months with Madeleine' for the Guardian in September 2007. Which was heavy on fantasy, imo, and light on fact.

And there are many who have questioned the authenticity of the Crimewatch reconstructions in the McCann case. (Just to point out one obvious flaw - why did the girl who was playing Madeleine picking up tennis balls wear trainers when the whole world was shown a photograph of Madeleine allegedly at the conclusion of the episode quite clearly wearing sandals?) 

And the Jill Dando case is also of considerable interest in terms of the role of the Crimewatch programme.

Bridget O`Donnell also wrote a book on child prostitution and trafficking in the C19th, including how members of the establishment were involved.  Its called Inspector Minahan Makes A Stand.  Here she is talking about it on Woman`s Hour :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00yq31x

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.06.14 16:17

I read that Gareth Williams had been on leave from his job and that's why he wasn't checked on sooner.

Whether that's true of course, who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 04.06.14 16:20

@j.rob wrote:Okay - I can see that the 'confession' was in a counselling session. And it related to where he said he had put the body. But police did not put much faith in what he said, perhaps unsurprisingly.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/30/mark-bridger-guilty-april-jones-murder

As far as I'm aware, counselling in the capacity as prison Chaplain is not the same as confession in his capacity as a priest.   He may of course have received permission from Bridger to speak about it which is allowed and Chaplain or priest would not matter.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 04.06.14 16:21

@sami wrote:
@j.rob wrote:In the April Jones murder, the murderer confessed to the Catholic Priest.

The article says it was not made in a confessional, it was not used by the prosecution and police later claimed it was another one of Bridgers stories.  

Make of that what you will.

Yes, not quite as straightforward as an outright confession. It appears that during counselling sessions with the priest, in which he was still claiming April's death was an accident, he confided in the priest what he had done with her body. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334480/April-Jones-Jail-chaplain-moment-Mark-Bridger-said-99-sure-I-body-river

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat on 04.06.14 16:22

Maybe one of the tapas 'friends' blabbled a hint?

jellycat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 04.06.14 16:35

@jellycat wrote:Maybe one of the tapas 'friends' blabbled a hint?

It would be odd if none of the friends and acquaintances had not raised eyebrows, at the very least, at some of the McCanns actions, words and behaviours following 3rd May 2007. 

What strikes me is that the couple were given a 'get out of jail free' card when the Portuguese police shelved the case in July 2008. 

But they just couldn't let it go. Their hubris was to be their downfall, I do believe. 

And Kate writing in her book about the need for an independent investigative review - this as late as May 2011 (when the book published)  when the cracks in the story were turning into canyons. 

Madness.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 04.06.14 16:35

If someone has talked then I put my money on Jane Tanner. Perhaps not meaning to she let something important slip, after all, she doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the draw. She has already made a huge gaff when she told us that.......' yeah, I was sort of carrying her across the body like this'. Imagine what she might come out with under interrogation!

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 04.06.14 16:38

I`m guessing someone connected to Murat/Malinka.

It`s surely got to be someone with local knowledge of good hiding places.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jellycat on 04.06.14 16:45

What I can't understand is why kate McCann had to go all the way back to the tapas bar to announce that "Maddie has gone" anyone else would have shouted frantically so the entire resort heard... I know I would. I lost my 2 year old granddaughter in my garden (it was 3 acres) and I was frantic for the 4 or so minutes before I found her sitting on the back door step! No one would be as calm as those two have been.

I wonder if the property they have been given permission to dig "100 metres from Apartment 5A" is Murats drive?

jellycat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum