The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Snapshot in time.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snapshot in time.

Post by Mirage on 03.06.14 11:11

SKY NEWS: on the abdication of King Juan Carlos on 2 June 2014.

".........The monarch's reputation has been tarnished by scandals including a furore over an elephant-hunting trip Juan Carlos took during the financial crisis, and a long-running corruption investigation into his daughter Princess Cristina's business dealings.

He said his decision was motivated by "a drive for renewal, to overcome and correct mistakes and open the way to a decidedly better future."

----------------------------
I have a feeling in my bones that it will interesting to have a snapshot of what is going on in the world at this time. Please feel free to add noteworthy events on this thread as I am sure history will tell us a joined-up story one of these days.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snapshot in time.

Post by aquila on 03.06.14 11:26

@Mirage wrote:SKY NEWS: on the abdication of King Juan Carlos on 2 June 2014.

".........The monarch's reputation has been tarnished by scandals including a furore over an elephant-hunting trip Juan Carlos took during the financial crisis, and a long-running corruption investigation into his daughter Princess Cristina's business dealings.

He said his decision was motivated by "a drive for renewal, to overcome and correct mistakes and open the way to a decidedly better future."

----------------------------
I have a feeling in my bones that it will interesting to have a snapshot of what is going on in the world at this time. Please feel free to add noteworthy events on this thread as I am sure history will tell us a joined-up story one of these days.
Nothing has changed in the world of monarchy. A king going to shoot elephants in Botswana at a time of financial crisis in his country is a pee in the ocean. A prince or princess involved in scandal?  the UK royal family have survived worse. Governments survive far worse...think Mark Thatcher.

'A drive for renewal' well that might be because it's time to 'get down wid de kids' and provide some gorgeous non blue blooded women marrying handsome princes .....oh wait, there's nothing new in that either.

Nope, the monarchies are here to stay. There's an entire industry dedicated to their survival and their protection. This is media ballet. Nothing will change.

Just my opinion.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shabba on 03.06.14 11:28

Wouldn't have thought some monarchs tarnished sandals were worthy of "a snapshot in time".

shabba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 03.06.14 13:15

I don't approve of hunting but I'm a great admirer of Juan Carlos and I'm saddened by his decision to abdicate.  

In comparison with the wooden Windsors, the Spanish Royal family is a bargain at less than £7million a year and those calling for a referendum on the monarchy of Spain would do well to remember the regime the country endured after they deposed Juan Carlos' s father.  

Imo Juan Carlos's abdication is the most noteworthy event in the news today and its historical significance can only be gauged by future generations.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum